Author Topic: The most talented member of DT?  (Read 12039 times)

Offline ScioPath

• the king of dance
  • DTF.org Member
Re: The most talented member of DT?
« Reply #70 on: July 08, 2010, 07:24:16 PM »
Am I like the only one who does almost not care at all about the lyrics?

Yes.

Offline fsh3702

• 爱梦剧院、爱数理化、爱吉他、爱mount&blade
« Reply #71 on: July 13, 2010, 08:45:29 PM »
one's neglect towards lyrics can only suggest one's inappreciation of vocal performance.
F=ma
E=mc2=hν
▽E=-dB/dt
1h2/2m▽2ψ+Uψ=Eψ

Offline Dublagent66

• Devouring consciousness...
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • ...Digesting power
« Reply #72 on: July 14, 2010, 12:35:34 PM »
Am I like the only one who does almost not care at all about the lyrics? I listen to DT cuz of the music...that's it, lyrics aren't important, they're just there so the singer can sing something ;)

I don't consider lyrics AS important as the music, but they are still important.  Lyrics need to be written in such a way that they flow properly with the tempo of the song.  What is actually being said is more subjective, depending on your tastes.  I ususally don't let lyrics bother me too much, but if they are really bad, then they can detract from the song regardless of how good the music.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2010, 01:49:16 PM by Dublagent66 »
"Two things are infinite; the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." -Albert Einstein
"There's not a pill you can take.  There's not a class you can go to.  Stupid is foreva."  -Ron White

Offline Seventh Son

« Reply #73 on: July 14, 2010, 02:00:20 PM »
Am I like the only one who does almost not care at all about the lyrics? I listen to DT cuz of the music...that's it, lyrics aren't important, they're just there so the singer can sing something ;)

I don't consider lyrics AS important as the music, but they are still important.  Lyrics need to be written in such a way that they flow properly with the tempo of the song.  What is actually being said is more subjective, depending on your tastes.  I ususally don't let lyrics bother me too much, but if they are really bad, then they can detract from the song regardless of how good the music.
Pretty much this. Some of my favorite vocal performances were to lyrics I didn't care for, or even lyrics that opposed certain things I believed. Doesn't change the fact I loved how the vocals sound anyway.
Every time someone brings up "Never Enough", the terrorists win.