Author Topic: The officially offical tattoo thread!  (Read 108440 times)

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
Re: The officially offical tattoo thread!
« Reply #455 on: June 20, 2019, 03:40:27 PM »
That looks amazing.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #456 on: June 21, 2019, 10:22:24 AM »
I'm thinking of getting a small butterfly on my ankle.  ;)

Offline Hyperplex

• Evelator
  • EZBoard Elder
  • So often fragile power turns to scorn and ridicule
« Reply #457 on: July 14, 2019, 06:59:12 PM »
Finished. 10 hours total over 3 sessions.
"My melancholy wants to rest in the hiding places and abysses of perfection. This is why I need music." –Friedrich Nietzsche

Online gmillerdrake

• Proud Father.....Blessed Husband
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • 1 Timothy 2:5
« Reply #458 on: July 14, 2019, 10:26:00 PM »
Holy smokes! Looks great! There’s a lot of detail work in that.

Next Tuesday I get my St. Louis Blues Stanley Cup Champion Tat. Can’t wait. Any significance to the colors of the four gems? Or is it just artist choice?
Without Faith.....Without Hope.....There can be No Peace of Mind

Offline Hyperplex

• Evelator
  • EZBoard Elder
« Reply #459 on: July 15, 2019, 07:35:55 AM »
Any significance to the colors of the four gems? Or is it just artist choice?

The gems represent each person in my family: green is my son, purple is my daughter, aquamarine is my wife, and dark blue is me. The dragon is the protector, warden of the hoard, keeping watch over us. My son also had the brilliant idea that the dragon could signify our dog who is always watching out for us. I came up with the concept and gave source reference material and my artist completely kicked ass on the piece and tattooing. He killed it. Truly a collaborative effort all around and the best tattoo experience of my life so far.

I've recently been through a hell of a lot of "life" so to speak, and this felt like a good way to enshrine the most important things, and thoughts, on me.

I've named the dragon Kódmándír (we often call our dog, Cody, "Code-mander" as a silly nickname), Warden of the Hoard.
"My melancholy wants to rest in the hiding places and abysses of perfection. This is why I need music." –Friedrich Nietzsche

Online gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #460 on: July 15, 2019, 07:46:27 AM »
Any significance to the colors of the four gems? Or is it just artist choice?

The gems represent each person in my family: green is my son, purple is my daughter, aquamarine is my wife, and dark blue is me. The dragon is the protector, warden of the hoard, keeping watch over us. My son also had the brilliant idea that the dragon could signify our dog who is always watching out for us. I came up with the concept and gave source reference material and my artist completely kicked ass on the piece and tattooing. He killed it. Truly a collaborative effort all around and the best tattoo experience of my life so far.

I've recently been through a hell of a lot of "life" so to speak, and this felt like a good way to enshrine the most important things, and thoughts, on me.

I've named the dragon Kódmándír (we often call our dog, Cody, "Code-mander" as a silly nickname), Warden of the Hoard.

I had a hunch since they were prominent that they represented something. I thought family right off the bat. I have a similar idea for a tat....using the birthstones of my kiddos, wife and myself in an ornate cross.

Online gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #461 on: July 23, 2019, 08:09:05 PM »
Was FINALLY able to get in and get my 'Champ Stamp' done!!!! I'm pretty happy with the results  :metal   We've scheduled a follow up in (2) weeks to take a peek after it's healed a bit and make sure the Blue coloring is really packed in and make sure he's happy with how it turned out. But...all in all....I hope I have the issue of finding future spots for multiple years they win the Cup  :biggrin:   Now that they got that one out of the way lets hoard them

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #462 on: July 23, 2019, 08:10:19 PM »
Awesome!!!
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline SchecterShredder

• The 'other other' Rich
« Reply #463 on: July 23, 2019, 08:13:59 PM »
Nice work. The tattoo,  not the Blues winning the cup.

Online fadetoblackdude7

« Reply #464 on: July 23, 2019, 08:41:51 PM »
Nice work. The tattoo,  not the Blues winning the cup.

All of this

Offline Hyperplex

• Evelator
  • EZBoard Elder
« Reply #465 on: July 24, 2019, 06:52:37 AM »
Nice piece.
My forearm is all healed so I'm probably heading back in this weekend sometime to show him the healed piece. Incredibly pleased with it, still.

Online jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #466 on: July 24, 2019, 07:00:52 AM »
Awesome stuff Gary.   :tup

Hopefully I'll be posting tat #3 in the coming months.  I've wanted for a long time to have some of jingle.son's art tattoo'd on me, and we've settled on the piece/design.  Now I just need him to polish it up a little.  I've found the artist I want to do, and am hoping to get on it early in August.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #467 on: July 24, 2019, 08:32:40 AM »
Gary, that looks awesome.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Online gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #468 on: July 24, 2019, 09:03:31 AM »
Thanks gentlemen. I appreciate it. In that pic it's still a bit red as that was an immediate pic after it was done....but I wanted to get this posted because I'm pretty pumped about it. 

Chad....can't wait to see what jingle.son artwork you're getting inked. He's a talented young man.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #469 on: July 24, 2019, 04:37:46 PM »
Gary, here's my thing with the Cup tattoo..it's on your back!

If I got a tattoo like that, I would want to look at it. What good is it back there? There's really no way to admire it.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Online gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #470 on: July 24, 2019, 04:47:25 PM »

If I got a tattoo like that, I would want to look at it. What good is it back there? There's really no way to admire it.

I didn’t really have many spots left. Both arms are taken and I have plans for my right calf. Other calf is taken, right chest is taken and I have plans for the left chest.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #471 on: July 24, 2019, 04:48:32 PM »

I'm guessing Gary doesn't want a sleeve because of work and both upper arms are covered so your looking in the mirror on your chest so the back is the same.  Covered but you'll look at it in the mirror.

Ninja'd.  Lol. I was close. Lol

Online jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #472 on: July 24, 2019, 05:01:26 PM »

Exactly what I'm thinking with my next tat.  Both my shoulders are taken, and mrs.jingle isn't a fan of calf tattoo's.  So, looks like it might be inner forearm, or maybe my chest/pec.  Given what the tattoo is, inner forearm is what I'm leaning towards at the moment.
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #473 on: July 24, 2019, 05:03:18 PM »
I'm not a tattoo guy, but if I got one like a Gary's, I'd have to look at it. I mean, why get it in the first place if you can't see it?

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #474 on: July 24, 2019, 05:07:03 PM »
Your key point is you have none so that's why you'd want to stare at it all the time.  That's a guesstimate btw.

Online gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #475 on: July 24, 2019, 05:38:01 PM »
I'm not a tattoo guy, but if I got one like a Gary's, I'd have to look at it. I mean, why get it in the first place if you can't see it?

I get it. I’d have liked to have gotten it on my upper arm but there’s no space. Was just limited on options. I’ll keep a ‘liked’ pic in my camera roll for the days I Want to stare at it. But for you....I can PM you a more sexy topless pic if you’d like. :zydar:

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #476 on: July 24, 2019, 05:53:27 PM »
I'm not a tattoo guy

Your key point is you have none

You sir, are fucking brilliant! :lol

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #477 on: July 24, 2019, 06:24:17 PM »
And yet you give your opinion.   :lol

Offline bout to crash

• Admiral Jackbar
  • DT.net Veteran
  • Instant Erection!
« Reply #478 on: August 06, 2019, 08:57:26 PM »
For those who haven't seen it already, the reveal of my latest masterpiece (the link SHOULD work?):

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10100106821431620&id=82900795

Oh Jackie, always jumping to the most homoerotic possibility.

Offline Lonk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #479 on: August 07, 2019, 08:49:49 AM »
0:20 I got worried there for a second lol

Looks cool though  :tup
Vmadera has evolved into Lonk

Offline bout to crash

• Admiral Jackbar
  • DT.net Veteran
  • Instant Erection!
« Reply #480 on: August 08, 2019, 08:20:02 AM »
0:20 I got worried there for a second lol

Looks cool though  :tup

:lol yeah, it was winter and pretty cold so I had to wear layers but it totally looks like I'm about to strip.
Thanks... one of the most ridiculous things I've ever done. It started as a small tattoo idea and turned huge!

Online gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #481 on: August 08, 2019, 08:41:17 AM »
For those who haven't seen it already, the reveal of my latest masterpiece (the link SHOULD work?):

I dig it!  :metal    Although my level of 'knowing' you is based off of this forum and a bit of social media.....that tattoo seems to 'fit' you perfectly from what I do know about you. And it's well done.  :tup 

Offline bout to crash

• Admiral Jackbar
  • DT.net Veteran
  • Instant Erection!
« Reply #482 on: August 08, 2019, 08:14:49 PM »
Thanks! She did an amazing job! I've gotten so many hilarious compliments on it while out and about this summer.
The pics are just now loading for me finally- yours looks awesome! And Andrew yours looks intense.

Offline Lynxo

• It hurts when I poo
« Reply #483 on: August 12, 2019, 07:07:45 AM »

Best tattoo reveal ever.  :lol And it looks awesome.  :tup
Lynxo cured my bad breath with his penis.

Offline bout to crash

• Admiral Jackbar
  • DT.net Veteran
  • Instant Erection!
« Reply #484 on: August 12, 2019, 05:43:08 PM »

Best tattoo reveal ever.  :lol And it looks awesome.  :tup

:lol thanks..  I still can't believe I got such a humongous Nic Cage tatt. My artist is moving to Maine soon so I'm trying to think of another good idea for her before she leaves! I'm sad, she's such a badass.

Online jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #485 on: August 31, 2019, 07:47:14 AM »
Some (most?) know that jingle.son is an artist, and about a year and a half ago, I decided I wanted some of his art inked on me.  Now, I'd wanted it before he went off to school - LAST YEAR! - but he never got around to it last summer... which kinda pissed me off because it was really important to me.  Anywhoo... he did finally design something for my birthday, but then school took priority, and it didn't get finalized until earlier this month.  Finally got it inked yesterday, and I'm very happy with it.  It is supposed to look like it's in four separate pieces... almost like it's coming apart (or together, depending on your perspective).  That was his creative vision.

His design, and the final product.  Combining my love of comics (Thor was always my favorite growing up) and music (Zeppelin 4 symbols was my first  tattoo).  The notes 'carved' into the hammer are the opening riff to Immigrant Song. Despite his design including the time and key signature, the tattooist said it would be too small to get on there properly, so we had to pull it out.  It runs on the inside of my left forearm ... just below the elbow crease, and above my wrist.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #486 on: August 31, 2019, 07:57:34 AM »
Wow, that's awesome!

Online gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #487 on: August 31, 2019, 09:02:15 AM »
Like I told you Chad, great design....and your artist nailed the application. She did an awesome job!

Offline ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #488 on: August 31, 2019, 10:40:12 AM »
Awesome tattoo Chad!

Offline Lonk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #489 on: September 03, 2019, 06:59:18 AM »
That's pretty neat! I like that the tattoo artist added cracks on the hammer. It sucks that he couldn't add the Time and key signature. Still looks pretty awesome.
Vmadera has evolved into Lonk