Author Topic: The officially offical tattoo thread!  (Read 108842 times)

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
Re: The officially offical tattoo thread!
« Reply #560 on: September 25, 2021, 07:32:12 AM »
yeah, looks cool... the snake/scale effects on the left with the cracked/smooth/stone on the right is pretty cool.  At least, that's how it looks to me.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline gmillerdrake

• Proud Father.....Blessed Husband
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • 1 Timothy 2:5
« Reply #561 on: October 31, 2021, 09:08:18 AM »
Second Session.....one more to go.

I did fanboy out and get the DT Majesty Logo. I've always liked it and I figured 30 years listening to a band gives you the right to show the love.

Like I said, one more session to go. He wants to get some more detail in the filigree....we're going to add a bit more of it to fill some of the open areas and then just overall background work and what not.
Without Faith.....Without Hope.....There can be No Peace of Mind

Offline SchecterShredder

• The 'other other' Rich
« Reply #562 on: October 31, 2021, 12:30:24 PM »
Nice! I also have a majesty symbol,  and Avenged Sevenfold's deathbat. JP and Synyster Gates are my guitar inspirations, so i don't see a problem with paying homage to that. Trying to emulate  JP has made me the player i am today.

Offline Lonk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #563 on: October 31, 2021, 01:50:58 PM »
Looks nice!
Vmadera has evolved into Lonk

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #564 on: October 31, 2021, 02:55:33 PM »
Looking good Gary!
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #565 on: October 31, 2021, 05:37:07 PM »
Awesome sauce. I’ve got the Majesty tat as well, with Rush’s Starman on top of it - Setlist Scotty’s avatar. Going on 10 years ago (since it was a 40th birthday gift to myself).
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline Lonk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #566 on: October 31, 2021, 05:50:38 PM »
Wonder how many people here have the majesty symbol tattooed on them?

I have it as well, but I have it on the Majesty guitar headstock. No JP signature though  :P

Offline faizoff

« Reply #567 on: October 31, 2021, 07:47:00 PM »
That looks amazing. The details get better with each session.
"Oh how am I doing?...eating so much pussy, I'm shitting clits, son!" - Jonah Ryan

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #568 on: December 23, 2021, 06:40:27 PM »
Final session to throw in a kind of border at the half sleeve spot.....I really like the stonework and cracks and what not he's done before in other tats of mine so I had him incorporate it here as well. Still a bit red in the pics as this was right afterwards. I'll throw some healed pics in here in a couple weeks.

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #569 on: December 23, 2021, 08:27:01 PM »
That's really sweet, man!

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #570 on: February 04, 2022, 03:07:27 PM »
So I lied.....once the last session healed I didn't like how we'd kind of just ended the tat without wrapping around the backside. It was empty and didn't look right. So I went back and filled in behind the bicep to complete the whole 'wrap'  I've always dug that little emblem/logo on Neal Morse's 'The Great Adventure' cover so I used that as a starting point and just asked him to fill in the spot with some filigree and stonework style stuff in the same vein as the rest of the tat.

So this is kind of a 'front' view of the arm:

A 'back' view:

So I believe I'm done for a bit. Looking at maybe reworking another old tat I have on my chest in the same way he just did this old tat. But like I said, I'm going to chill a couple months I believe.

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #571 on: April 05, 2023, 08:24:09 PM »
So I am thinking about getting a first tattoo and I wanted get some thoughts about location

It will be 3 words, the Polish phrase: żyć dla nich

It will probably be small, but big enough to read. I want it to be in a place where I can see it everyday and be reminded of it, but not obvious in day to day life to other people.  So Like a t shirt and shorts will cover it, but i can see it when taking a shower or whatever.

Sorry if that's complicated. I'm new to the tattoo game.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Offline SchecterShredder

• The 'other other' Rich
« Reply #572 on: April 05, 2023, 08:50:22 PM »
Inside of your bicep would probably be the best fit for what you're looking for. It's even slightly concealed with your shirt off and arms at your sides. Chest is another option, but I've always preferred saving large real estate like the chest for bigger tattoos.

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
  • Official DTF Tour Guide
  • Silly Hatted Knife Chucker
« Reply #573 on: April 05, 2023, 09:07:54 PM »
What does the phrase mean?

I agree with inside the bicep... High on the shoulder works too, that's where I put my first one.

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #574 on: April 06, 2023, 02:25:28 AM »
It's funny, you guys basically read my mind. Inside my my right bicep was the very first thing that came to mind when I was thinking about potential places, so that may be the spot.

żyć dla nich is Polish for "live for them"

My entire life all I wanted was to be is a father, but I'm at age 35 now and have failed so far at this goal, so I went into a deep depression feeling like I had nothing to live for, and that is a terrifying place to be. It was under a heavy weed edible dose that that phrase came to me and rescued me from those horrible feelings.

The insight that came was: Just because you don't have children today, doesn't mean you won't have them someday. You die today, and they die with you even though they aren't alive yet. I had never thought about it like that and it was just what I needed and one of the defining moments of my life.

That was 4 months ago and that phrase is what inspires me to keep going. It means everything to me and I just want to keep it close and be a constant reminder not to give up.

Offline chknptpie

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #575 on: April 22, 2023, 09:10:42 AM »
Looks like I haven't shared this here yet! Its a mash of Zelda and Red Rising references. Its going up to the bra line with a space battle and Coheed Keywork symbol. This is healed up after 4 sessions (1 line, 3 color). Getting more done today!

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #576 on: April 22, 2023, 09:38:22 AM »
That is awesome! Very detailed and I dig all the color choices there!

Offline SchecterShredder

• The 'other other' Rich
« Reply #577 on: April 22, 2023, 12:58:22 PM »
Yes, very nice!

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #578 on: April 22, 2023, 04:28:21 PM »
Very cool

Offline Lonk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #579 on: April 22, 2023, 05:46:43 PM »
Love the details, looks great  :tup

My partner is getting the Keywork as well next month.

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #580 on: April 22, 2023, 05:53:18 PM »
Here's what I would like to do as my first tattoo. Hopefully in the next two weeks

On the arm it looks dull, but I would like it more like the picture, so more like a shiny gold flake kind of deal

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
  • Official DTF Tour Guide
  • Silly Hatted Knife Chucker
« Reply #581 on: April 22, 2023, 06:31:07 PM »
I'm so jealous of people who have that type of skin that ink just pops off of. It looks amazing Tricia

Offline ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #582 on: April 22, 2023, 09:50:16 PM »
I'm so jealous of people who have that type of skin that ink just pops off of. It looks amazing Tricia

Yea it really does look killer!

Here's what I would like to do as my first tattoo. Hopefully in the next two weeks

On the arm it looks dull, but I would like it more like the picture, so more like a shiny gold flake kind of deal

I like it, especially the gold. Is that going to be the size of the tattoo?

I'm still working on ideas for starting my half-sleeve, hopefully in the next year or so.

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #583 on: April 23, 2023, 12:45:29 AM »
Thanks Reaper.

Yeah, basically the cut out that I have on my wrist is the size I'm going for. I would like it to be subtle, but at all times be visible to me.

It's there's as a reminder to never feel ashamed of who I am anymore. It's like it was right there in front of my face my entire life, but I just couldn't see it. Well, soon I'll a reminder in ink.

Offline chknptpie

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #584 on: April 23, 2023, 06:26:07 AM »
Thanks everyone! I'm really excited to see the upper half next month.

Phoenix - whats the significance of the symbol if you don't mind me asking?

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #585 on: April 23, 2023, 09:54:53 AM »
Sure, no problem chknptpie.

The gold infinity sign is the symbol for autism, which I was diagnosed with last week at age 35.

Spent my entire life feeling like a weirdo and an outsider. Struggling so hard to fit in. Feeling like there was something wrong with me and not understanding why. Looking back now, all the signs were there. Right in front of my face, but I just didn't realize it.

Now I'm finally able to let go of that guilt and finally learn to love who I am, despite being different. And I can't wait to get that tattoo to honor that.

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #586 on: April 23, 2023, 11:14:59 AM »
Awesome!

Offline chknptpie

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #587 on: April 23, 2023, 08:12:49 PM »
Super awesome!

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #588 on: April 28, 2023, 09:52:56 AM »
I keep looking at that tat Tricia....the detail is really well done. I LOVE that shield! Can't wait to see the campfire and tree line completed!!

Phoenix.....love the idea and the tat itself. I'm sure you've done this....but....make sure to find a really good artist to do that one. It may be small and what some would consider to be 'simple' but due to it's meaning and the symmetry and 'flow' of it you want them to nail it! Looking forward to seeing it!

So....I will reach 15 years of sobriety in June and had planned to get a tattoo to commemorate the occasion. I did so with my ten year mark so I had an appointment to go in and get one set with my guy in August. He books pretty far out and is always full....but....he called me last week (actually on the day of Tricia's first post) and said he had a client push an appointment and wanted to know if I'd like to take it. Even though it's about a month and a half before my 'official' sobriety date....I said sure. So I went in last Saturday and sat for it. All I told him is I wanted the Roman Numerals for '15' (XV).....and that to give it a similar look to what he'd done on my bicep on my other arm. So, here it is (6) days healed.

And this is on my other arm that he did a year or so ago. So, they're kind of related yet different.

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #589 on: April 28, 2023, 10:02:26 AM »
Those look great  :tup

Phoenix.....love the idea and the tat itself. I'm sure you've done this....but....make sure to find a really good artist to do that one. It may be small and what some would consider to be 'simple' but due to it's meaning and the symmetry and 'flow' of it you want them to nail it! Looking forward to seeing it!

Thanks for the guidance. I think I found someone who is up to the task and I scheduled some time with her next Friday the 5th. Going to get the small infinity sign on the wrist and she said she can do the polish phrase on the inner arm during that session too.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #590 on: April 28, 2023, 10:08:01 AM »
Love it Gary.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline chknptpie

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #591 on: April 28, 2023, 10:19:07 AM »
Thanks Gary! Love your new work and congrats :)

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #592 on: April 28, 2023, 11:55:32 AM »
Gary .... put the damned laundry away!!

Also, tats look bitchin.

Online Podaar

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #593 on: April 28, 2023, 12:52:14 PM »
Gary .... put the damned laundry away!!

Good call, Chad!

Also, Gary, I (for one) would appreciate a bit of grooming (if not shaving) of your pits prior to the next photo. Eeeeeeew.
"Owners of dogs will have noticed that, if you provide them with food and water and shelter and affection, they will think you are God. Whereas owners of cats are compelled to realize that, if you provide them with food and water and affection, they draw the conclusion that they are God.” — Christopher Hitchens

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #594 on: April 28, 2023, 02:17:12 PM »
Congrats on the milestone Gary.  Looking forward to seeing the 20 year tattoo.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol