Author Topic: DT moments that made you....  (Read 10420 times)

Offline DarkLord_Lalinc

• pr0nman extraordinaire
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Hostages love me
Re: DT moments that made you....
« Reply #35 on: June 20, 2010, 09:17:53 AM »
Some of the few that come to mind are Another World and Crooked Step. Those both caught me totally off-guard and left me like  :omg: :omg: :omg:
Quote from: TioJorge
MAN FUCK YOU KUJA.
Quote from: hefdaddy42
The Darklord is amazing

Offline ZBomber

• "The Analogy Guy"
  • A Farewell to Kings
« Reply #36 on: June 20, 2010, 02:30:52 PM »
Hearing Battle Hymn of the Republic in INTOG.

Yeah that was another great moment for me as well!

Offline LTE

« Reply #37 on: June 20, 2010, 04:28:36 PM »
Six Degrees of Inner Turbulence. Literally every second of that song has me hooked intently and enjoying every bit of it, with a plethora of  :hefdaddy  :metal  :heart  :tup  :biggrin:  :corn :omg: thoughout.
We are a way for the universe to know itself.
 I suffer from moderate/severe Depersonalization.

Offline jackbauer114

• I DO COCAINE!
« Reply #38 on: June 20, 2010, 05:51:35 PM »
Blind Faith unison. i had to keep listening to it over and over.

Offline Dark Master Of Sin

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #39 on: June 20, 2010, 05:58:32 PM »
Hollow Years solo from L@B
The Mirror riff
In The Name of God
The Dance of Eternity, especially the keyboard section
The second to last instrumental section in Octavarium, leading to the countdown, leading to trapped inside this octavarium, leading to razors edge, the first time I heard it, I just, my mind exploded, and still to this day, get chills through all of that
gone

Offline toro

• wazzup
  • Metal, Drums and beers they finally got it right
« Reply #40 on: June 20, 2010, 07:48:53 PM »
Im gonna post from each album:

WDADU
I AM THE KILLING HAaaaaaaaaand
The ytse jam main riff.

I&W
FUCKING BASS TAPPING SOLO.
WOOOHHHHH WOOOOOOOOHH WAAAAAAOOOOOHHH
UAGM solo

Awake
AMBI all of it. specially("death is sex sex is death" and voices solo.)
The mirror riff
The mirror reprise on Lie.
Scarred outro
I'LL NEVER BE OPEN AGAIN

ACOS
ALL OF YOU HYPOCRITES
Another world
Derek sherinian solos.

FII
Lines in the sand, bass harmonics around 10:00
TRIAL OF FUCKING TEARS

SFAM
ALL

6DOIT
The glass prison main riff.
Blind faith unison.
Dissapear lyrics
Goodnight kiss solo
Solitary Shell

TOT
"DONT CROSS THE CROOKED STEP" caught me by surprise
Vacant transition to SOC.
SOC mind raping solo.
ITNOG main riff, and chants right to the end of the song.

8VM
TROAE intro.
Octavarium end.

SC
In the presence of enemies pt1 instrumental.
TMOLS outro solo.

BC&SL
FLYYYYYY NOWW BE FREEEE!!
The best of times solo.
TCOT: "SUCKING ON HIS PIPE" SRSLY
TCOT acoustic section

The bolded ones are the ones that really made me go:  :eek
I imagined the story to go more like this.

I was sitting a traffic light blaring Space Dye Vest and next to me in another car was Kevin Moore. And I'll never be open again.

Offline zxlkho

• Official Dream Theater Hater.
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #41 on: June 20, 2010, 08:27:33 PM »
TCOT acoustic section
Yeah, it seriously blew my mind the first time I heard it.
I AM A GUY
You're a fucking stupid bitch.
Orion....that's the one with a bunch of power chords and boringly harsh vocals, isn't it?

Offline wasp2020

« Reply #42 on: June 21, 2010, 12:29:16 AM »
The whole verse after the delay solo in Surrounded.
I'M SICK OF ALL YOU HYPOCRITES!!
Final section of TGP
TCOT first and last section
When the keyboard solo starts in Octavarium, when the acoustic guitar references it again, TRAPPED INSIDE THIS OCTAVARIUM, and then that one melody in the Razor's Edge solo
Outro to Hell's Kitchen
The Best of Times solo
The drums right at the end of Scarred
Spirit Carries On+Finally Free
Everything after the instrumental in Metropolis Pt 1
Outro to Only a Matter of Time

Offline chrisbDTM

• DT.net Member
« Reply #43 on: June 21, 2010, 12:27:04 PM »
right before the scarred unison, MP making a simple riff not so simple

Offline ScioPath

• the king of dance
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #44 on: June 21, 2010, 02:11:19 PM »
A Change of Seasons Live: "I DON'T NEED YOUR MERCY-FUCK TO GET ME THROUGH THE DAY!!!!

Offline Jarlaxle

« Reply #45 on: June 21, 2010, 06:14:45 PM »
Step after step we try controlling our fate, when we finally start living it's become too late

The last chorus in ITNOG until the end

Learning to Live

These Walls

The acoustic part of TCOT

The intro to Nightmare to Remember

All of Solitary Shell, especially when the keyboard kicks it into sexy time

Losing Time/Grand Finale

Offline Dublagent66

• Devouring consciousness...
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • ...Digesting power
« Reply #46 on: June 24, 2010, 11:39:23 AM »
Watching Score for the 1st time.

:omg:
 :o
 :2metal:
 :corn
 :hefdaddy
 :hat
"Two things are infinite; the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." -Albert Einstein
"There's not a pill you can take.  There's not a class you can go to.  Stupid is foreva."  -Ron White

Offline rubislaw

« Reply #47 on: June 24, 2010, 01:53:06 PM »
Main thing I can think of at the moment is that atmospheric section in The Count Of Tuscany with Petrucci and Rudess, and also the outro to that song. Silly lyrics or not it's pretty awesome ;)

Offline j

« Reply #48 on: June 24, 2010, 01:56:21 PM »
There have been lots of these, but most recently, the end of TCoT.  I loved the mellow interlude part (I think it's guitar but I can't tell, I don't know a damn thing about music sue me) but the last few minutes of the song just left my jaw on the floor.

-J

Offline RoeDent

• 2006 Time Magazine Person of the Year
« Reply #49 on: June 24, 2010, 03:16:11 PM »
Right then, here goes:

The last 3 minutes of Fatal Tragedy
The last 49 seconds of Fatal Tragedy (with Portnoy's unbelievable drumming)
'This story ends where it began', then the awesome ending to 8VM
The transition from The Darkest of Winters to Another World
Instrumental break in Metropolis Pt. 1
The moment I first heard the Octavarium melody at the end of TRoAE

No doubt there will be others I think of

Offline Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
« Reply #50 on: June 24, 2010, 09:08:04 PM »
The ending of the huge jam during BTL on LAB.

Offline Hoppipolla

• Rise up, Be counted
  • Trapped inside this....
« Reply #51 on: June 25, 2010, 04:46:44 AM »
The first time I heard Trial of Tears.

"It's raining deep in Heaaaaaaven." ... Such beautiful lyrics.

First time I heard SoC. Mind=blown.

Watching Score for the first time. Octavarium = godly, especially JR's continuum solo

Offline John94

« Reply #52 on: June 25, 2010, 07:27:35 AM »
Forgot to mention this:

Looking at the Octavarum album booklet, opening it out, seeing 8 balls and 5 birds. = Mind blown.

Offline Arcaeus

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #53 on: June 25, 2010, 11:17:06 AM »
The first thing that really got me and solidified me as a fan of the band were the Glass Prison arpeggios. After that it was the Learning To Live F# and the succeeding solo, then the Wait For Sleep reprise towards the end.

Offline Dream Team

« Reply #54 on: June 25, 2010, 11:22:41 AM »
The whole verse after the delay solo in Surrounded.
I'M SICK OF ALL YOU HYPOCRITES!!
Final section of TGP
TCOT first and last section
When the keyboard solo starts in Octavarium, when the acoustic guitar references it again, TRAPPED INSIDE THIS OCTAVARIUM, and then that one melody in the Razor's Edge solo
Outro to Hell's Kitchen
The Best of Times solo
The drums right at the end of Scarred
Spirit Carries On+Finally Free
Everything after the instrumental in Metropolis Pt 1
Outro to Only a Matter of Time

I know exactly which one you mean. Gives me goose bumps every time.

Offline Plasmastrike

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #55 on: June 25, 2010, 03:15:39 PM »
I could list so, so many of those moments. I'll limit it to one special one and that is...

The outro solo of Octavarium on Score, especially when Rudess comes in with those up and down arpeggios. Absolutely beautiful! :hefdaddy

I mention Score because that is just one fucking magical performance.

Offline 8VM

• Sugar, Water, Purple!
« Reply #56 on: June 29, 2010, 07:56:06 PM »
Voices (Thought disorder, Dream control) and the SOLO
The Mirror main riff

The Count of Tuscany

A Change of Seasons solos

Peruvian skies solo into heavy riff left me  :eek
Trial of Tears instrumental section
Lines in the Sand solo

Take the Time (Close my eyes...)
UAGM solo
Learning to live riff

TRAPPED INSIDE THIS OCTAVARIUM!

Most of SFAM/The Spirit Carries on solo

Glass Prison solos and main riff
Blind Faith unison
All of Disc 2 / Especially Goodnight Kiss solo and the transition from Solitary Shell to About to Crash Reprise

In The Presence of Enemies Pt. 1 solo

As I Am solo
SoC face raping solo
ITNOG main riff

:metal  :metal  :metal  :metal
Woaaaaaaaah

Offline darkshade

« Reply #57 on: June 30, 2010, 02:06:37 AM »
im going to be the wild card here and say...

Tracks 1-5 of Liquid Tension Experiment 2 (it counts)

other DT stuff would be...

The first time i heard TGP
3rd time i listened to Octavarium (song)
A Nightmare to Remember
Most of TCOT (especially the first few minutes, the King Crimson-esque riff after both choruses, and the ambient/acoustic outro parts

there's more but it's late.........

Offline Durg

• Evil Java Genius & Horder of Open Source Software
« Reply #58 on: June 30, 2010, 12:54:10 PM »
First post on this board and I love this topic. 

My first one would have to be the first time I ever heard Dream Theater around this time last year.  It was A Nightmare to Remember and I'll never forget how absolutely freaked out I was at what I was hearing.  Nothing really comes close.  The odd time sig, the harmony in the "beautiful agony" part, it just blew me away. 

I've had smaller OMG moments like

• LeBrie's vocals on Another Day
  • The Drumming in the beginning of 6 o'clock
  • The transition from Erotomania to the first verse of Voices
  • The first time I heard Endless Sacrifice when you get smacked in the mouth by the first chorus
  • The Cello in Vacant that rattled the speakers in my car
  • The instrumental section of Dark Eternal Knight

However with much of Dream Theater's music there needs to be a time of "digestion".  It took me listening to Count of Tuscany 3 or 4 times to have to  :omg: moment where I'm like, ":metal".  Or Metropolis I was the same way. 
When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep just like my grandfather, and not like the screaming passengers in his car!

Offline BRGM

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #59 on: June 30, 2010, 05:42:59 PM »
The following Petrucci solos:

ending of About to Crash
finale of Octavarium
In the Presence of Enemies Part 1, two minutes in
The Best of Times 3-min solo

Any critic who says Petrucci just jacks off on guitar and plays with no real feeling should seriously give those solos a listen.

Yeah that's so true!!!

For me, I must say that the first time I heard the unison in ANTR!I got chills and was like Oh myeaah! ;)  :omg:

Offline nightmare_cinema

• I'm Raiderrrrrrrrr
« Reply #60 on: July 10, 2010, 04:28:47 PM »
Soooo many...

The opening to 6:00. I was addicted to that sweet, sweet percussion for aaaages, I vaguely recollect almost being thrown out of a nightclub when myself and my friend kept drumming it out on the tables by some really arsey bouncers... said friend still remembers to text me at 6am every Christmas Day with 'six o clock on a christmas morning!' because he's just that awesome.

5:23 in The Shattered Fortress... that riff is ridiculously awesome, I really didn't see it coming when I first heard it... and 9:20 to the end, that build up to the climax, easily one of the best parts of the entire Suite. I know a lot of you guys don't like this song much, or don't rate it in comparison to The Glass Prison but I thought it was an incredible end to an incredible set of songs (though Repentance is easily the weakest in the Suite/album to me)

In The Count of Tuscany, 7:19 - 7:20 is beautiful in between 'to pray to him by candlelight' and 'then peering through the glass' or whatever it is, mmmm. The actual chorus, again it was a really unexpected moment, I kinda didn't expect something so (and I mean this in the BEST possible way because I love it) obvious and cliche to come outta that song (basing this on the predictable chord progressions, time signature etc.) but wow, is it powerful! Absolutely perfect. And the solo... especially 7:21, those two notes, just melt me in the most amazing way. I was going to write an indepth analysis of this song for a section of my dissertation but then didn't have enough space  :angry: only realised once I'd mapped out the whole thing on paper but that was hella fun.

Leading upto 9:54 in Trial of Tears and the vocals which follow, give me goosebumps every single time.

2:53 in Another Day and the solo... holy crap. The guitar tone is stunning, the vibrato is soooo perfectly executed, the little run at 3:12, the whole thing is delicious.

LaBrie's vocals at the beginning of Take the Time... he sings SO amazingly, the 'I think it's time for a CHAYYYYEEEEEAAAANNNNGGGEEEE' is bloody electric and an incredible start to a fantastic song.

The whole of Learning to Live, and very very predictably, the woahs, the F freakin' sharp and the solo straight after, there are really no words to describe how incredible this whole song is, and how glad I am that THAT is the climax of the album. When I saw the whole CD played through a couple of years ago and LaBrie actually hit the F#, then the solo, the entire auditorium collectively j*zzed in their pants. One of the most spine tingling moments of my life... Having watched that back on YouTube he wasn't exactly perfect but the fact he hit it instead of dropping down like on the Live Scenes from New York DVD was amazing, I was so prepared for disappointment and instead got what I've wanted ever since I got into Images and Words... to see that moment live. It was beautiful, so so beautiful. I reckon even if I ever get married or have kids it'll be difficult to place those events over that moment ;D I know Portnoy has said he hates the fact he had triggered drums on that album, but I've always loved the sound of the snare on Images and Words. Not sure why, maybe because it's distinctive, but it just sounds gorgeous to me.

The instrumental in Sacrificed Sons from that dirty bass at 4:15 onwards, especially on Score. Probably in the top three tastiest slices of DT instrumental work. I lurrrve the piano playing around 5:24 onwards, clearly the part at 7:00 - 7:51, I can't listen and not mentally picture Portnoy stood up at his kit playing really hard. And while I can pretty much take or leave the actual song either side of the instrumental section, I really enjoy the off the beat music under the vocal re entry after it. I have literally sat and had tears streaming down my face in awe and love from watching this song on Score.

It's difficult to express just how much I love about 80% of SFAM probably more than anything or anyone else in my life, but honorable specific mentions go to:

- The entirety of Overture 1928. Seriously. Fuck. Me.

- The entirety of Strange Deja Vu. 'I just can't help myself, I feel like iIm going out of my head... tear my heart into two, I'm not the one the sleeper thought he knew!' and 2:39 GUITAR OMG and the whatever the hell they are (pinch harmonics I'm guessing) leading into the riff, and the entire rest of it.

- Through My Words. Just beautiful, gorgeous piano tone, stunning singing, so satisfying to sit and play despite its brevity.

- Fatal Tragedy. I had the biggest love obsession with this song for a couple of years, almost COMPLETELY down to the instrumental section, it really really rocks, really holy crapping hard. I LOVE the drumming at 4:13, the 4:40 solo, and it sounds really stupidly specific but I really get off on the run at 4:50 - 4:53. And of course 6:00 - end, it's easier to hear on the live DVD but the bass jumping octaves sounds really awesome.

- Beyond This Life. Instrumental section. F.T.W. I love all of it. I love the sweep picking at 8.00. I love the dirty, straight up rockin' riffs. And then 8:17 in 17/8 (or whatever it's split into, was it 9/8 and 8/8 or 4/4?) It's such an awesome riff, the kick drum emphasis works brilliantly, the keyboard solo is kinda strange and 80s elevator music to me but it works, for a bit it sounds kinda like the guitar/keys don't gel at all, but it continues until the most awesome resolution at 9:07, mmmmm yes! I love 8:44 - 8:54 where the cymbal or whatever it is is on the down beat then the shift at 8:54 to off the beat. 9:23 with the key/guitar synch is sexy as hell too, 9:41 solo runnnnnn is incredible and yeah... the song is full of amazingness.

Home. The whole thing.

The Spirit Carries On. Didn't really think much to it on CD for the first couple of years I listened to it, then I got the Scenes DVD and on there it is mindblowing, like truly, truly mindblowing, first time I've ever sat and cried to a piece of music when I haven't already been down about something. The unexpected addition of Theresa voicing Victoria, her stunning, stunning voice, the 'pleaseeee never fucking let your memory of me disappear', and then the BEST GODAMN SOLO I'VE HEARD IN MY ENTIRE LIFE. Even hearing the crowd go wild when she sings 'here' does it for me. But yeah, the solo, hands down greatest solo in the world. And Petrucci's performance of it on the DVD is ... well, my heart is pounding just listening to it. I love 3:49 and the stuff Portnoy does differently to on the CD version (I think it's 6/8 percussion or something on the CD but really briefly 4/4 along with the guitar notes on the live version or whatever.. not so ace at time signatures)... I love when something is done differently like that and it stands out, and it really makes so much difference. The gospel singers are cheesy but powerfully moving, Theresa's vocals under LaBrie's delivery are stunning... the whole thing makes me incredible happy.

In the Presence of Enemies Part 1, is incredible throughout, but 1:41 is awesome, the first time that kinda idea occurs throughout the music. Drumming at 6:27 :heart the whole of it basically.

Forsaken, I adore the 2:09 (and everywhere else it happens) guitar rhythms and the three notes at the end of each kinda phrase... sound pinchy but probably not. I actually think this is an awesome song, DT showing that they can write short, poppy, radio-friendly songs and still do it amazingly well. And the solo is great. And the descent of the strings at 4:56 through to the end (three times or something) is lovely.

Constant Motion isn't a favourite song overall but the drumming at 4:04 is pretty sweet. Always annoys me when they play the radio edit in clubs and we're just gearing up for some serious air keyboard/guitaring :P

The Dark Eternal Night... just wanted to say that at around 2:53, the chorus, I WAY prefer the drumming Portnoy does on the 'making of' DVD to what's actually on the CD, though the CD work isn't bad at all, but whenever I listen I do kinda substitue that in my mind. Not an omg moment though.

In the Presence of Enemies Part 2... can't really fault any of this, the song overall is definitely in my top 5 or 10 DT songs, it's utterly epic, wipes the floor with Octavarium for me, and probably with A Change of Seasons too now I've had long enough to absorb it and figure out which I love more. 6:03 the 'HEY' or 'HEIL' or whatever they are onwards is seriously some of DT's absolute best writing, I utterly fucking LOVE the music under the vocals and ESPECIALLY the music inbetween the singings... I even love the lyrics in all their cheesiness 'my cup overflows with my enemy's bloood', metallll :metal and yeah, the entire song.

5:43 solo note in As I Am.

This Dying Soul, I still adore about the first half of this song though the entirety has lost some of its sparkle for me, especially 10:05 to the end, seems really unecessary and like it's thoughtlessly tacked on. But the intro is to die for... the second DT song I ever loved. The 0:42 end of the bar kick drums, and 0:45 the kick kick snare kick are amazing.

Most of Endless Sacrifice, but especially the instrumental section, predictably 8:30 onwards, honestly makes my hair stand on end, the dirty crunchy 8:50 riff... the whole thing really

2:03 in Stream of Consciousness keys, and the guitar repetition straight after, 3:30 drums are sooooo sexy then the offbeat um.. not sure what that is called, but yeah at 3:20 and bass at 3:36 and ESPECIALLY piano at 3:40, and holllly shit 3:50 face melting solo

In The Name of God 9:08 - 9:15 and the ascending piano chords straight after, 10:05 riff and pinch harmonics, the screaming under the vocals at around 7:27 and the 7:15 electronic fill which seems to swell up and fill some kind of mental soundspace... amazing, amazing song.

Afterlife 4:28 and the run upto it is pretty damn gorgeous too.

/RANT

OVERKILL much? ;D There are almost infinitely more but that'll do... they're one of those bands where I find something new to adore with every single listen :heart
Every story needs to have an ending, we might as well give up all this pretending and clear the air...

Offline Darkes7

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #61 on: July 10, 2010, 04:31:45 PM »
I have to say that the above post is definitely an example of :omg:

Offline ScioPath

• the king of dance
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #62 on: July 10, 2010, 04:33:35 PM »
Drumming during the final part of TGP.

Offline nightmare_cinema

• I'm Raiderrrrrrrrr
« Reply #63 on: July 10, 2010, 04:45:04 PM »
I have to say that the above post is definitely an example of :omg:

Pfft, I had fun writing it :D
Every story needs to have an ending, we might as well give up all this pretending and clear the air...

Offline Darkes7

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #64 on: July 10, 2010, 04:49:23 PM »
Long posts are usually fun to write. :lol But it's really impressive.

Offline BRGM

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #65 on: July 10, 2010, 07:31:01 PM »
Is it fun to read it too? cuz, I'm a bit tired |-O

Offline skydivingninja

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #66 on: July 10, 2010, 07:34:23 PM »
Edited down to my choice favorites

5:23 in The Shattered Fortress... that riff is ridiculously awesome, I really didn't see it coming when I first heard it... and 9:20 to the end, that build up to the climax, easily one of the best parts of the entire Suite. I know a lot of you guys don't like this song much, or don't rate it in comparison to The Glass Prison but I thought it was an incredible end to an incredible set of songs (though Repentance is easily the weakest in the Suite/album to me)

Leading upto 9:54 in Trial of Tears and the vocals which follow, give me goosebumps every single time.

The whole of Learning to Live,

The instrumental in Sacrificed Sons from that dirty bass at 4:15 onwards, especially on Score. Probably in the top three tastiest slices of DT instrumental work. I lurrrve the piano playing around 5:24 onwards, clearly the part at 7:00 - 7:51, I can't listen and not mentally picture Portnoy stood up at his kit playing really hard. And while I can pretty much take or leave the actual song either side of the instrumental section, I really enjoy the off the beat music under the vocal re entry after it. I have literally sat and had tears streaming down my face in awe and love from watching this song on Score.

- The entirety of Overture 1928. Seriously. Fuck. Me.

Home. The whole thing.

The Spirit Carries On.

I award you the "best opinions" award of the year.

Offline Seventh Son

« Reply #67 on: July 10, 2010, 07:52:23 PM »
I'll go by album

WDADU:

"You can make a fortune in liiiiiiies! You can keep a giant aliiiiiiive!"
All of The Ytse Jam
"I LAUGH AT WHAT I'VE DONE!
I AM THE KILLIIIIIING HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAND!"

I&W:

All of Pull Me under, but especially "WHEN THE SPARROW FALLS BRINGS  NEW MEANING TO IT ALLLLLLLLLL!"
The sax in Another Day.
Myung's bassline in the intro of Take the Time. Fucking sexy as hell.
Obvious Metropolis instrumental is obvious.
The piano of Wait for Sleep. Simply beautiful.
Obvious F# of Learning to Live, but Pettruci's solo is amazing. But honestly, Myung's solo needs more love than it gets.

Awake:

SIX O' CLOCK AN A SATADAH MORNIN
WEARING APATHETIC DISPLAYS! SHARING FLESH LIKE ENVY IN CAGES! CONDESCENDING! NOT INTENDED TO EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEND!
THOUGHT DISORDER! DREAM CONTROL! I FEEL ELATED! I FEEL DEPRESSED! SEX IS DEATH! DEATH IS SEX!
All of The Silent Man. All of it. ALL of it.
Obvious riff from The Mirror. Also, HOW THE HELL COULD YOU EVER FORGIVE ME AFTER ALL THE HELL I PUT YOUUUUUUUUUUU THROUUUUUUUUUGH?!
All of Space-Dye Vest. Every last fucking second. No words past that are even needed.

ACOS:

I'M SICK AND TIRED
OF ALL YOU HYPOCRITES!

Falling Into Infinity:

Every second from Hollow Years, especially Live at Budokan.
TERROR BY NIGHT LIAR BY DAY TELLING HER SECRETS WON'T KEEP THEM AWAAAAAAAAAAY *Ensue epic solo*
All of Hell's Kitchen
Intro to Trial of Tears

Scenes From a Memory:
The trumpet section from Beyond this Life.
WHOMP WHOMP
The Spirit Carries On solo

Six Degrees:
Glass Prison main riff, and Myungs bass fills in that song are epic
LIFE TO SAVE LIFE! LIFE TO SAVE LIFE!
Disappear. All of it.
Intro to The Test That Stumped Them All

Train of Thought:
I WANT TO FEEL YOUR BODY BREAKING!
DON'T CROSS THE CROOKED STEP!
Every second from Stream of Consciousness, but I must note that Myung slays in this song.

Octavarium:
Opening to Panic Attack
TRAPPED INSIDE THIS OCTAVARIUM TRAPPED INSIDE THIS OCTAVARIUM TRAPPED INSIDE THIS OCTAVARIIIIIUUUUUUUUUM!

Systematic Chaos:

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Black Clouds and Silver Linings:

Opening to The Shattered Fortress
Peaceful Sedation
The Best of Times solo
Synth section of The Count of Tuscany
Every time someone brings up "Never Enough", the terrorists win.

Offline LTE

« Reply #68 on: July 12, 2010, 07:12:19 AM »
Listening to SFAM now.

DAT HORN AND TRUMPET SOLO.
We are a way for the universe to know itself.
 I suffer from moderate/severe Depersonalization.

Offline RG93

• DTF Lurker
« Reply #69 on: July 15, 2010, 07:49:49 AM »
Hearing The Mirror's keyboard section reprised as the beginning of SDV
I forgot I even had this account, so what the heck