Author Topic: The Awesome Band Photo Thread  (Read 34986 times)

Offline Fuzzboy

• I'm keepin the damn christmas avatar
Re: The Awesome Band Photo Thread
« Reply #245 on: October 05, 2010, 10:35:08 PM »
Poets of the Fall:

Jonsi from Sigur Rós:

Sunn O)))

women cops are a joke

to get a boner is just put pressure on the dick

Offline Gorille85

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #246 on: October 05, 2010, 10:43:31 PM »
Dammit! The last page post terrible syndrome malediction!! :sadpanda:

Offline pogoowner

• Pancake Bunny
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #247 on: October 05, 2010, 11:33:35 PM »
Alice in Chains

Offline ?

• Apparently the best username
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Less=Moore, Even Less=Wilson
« Reply #248 on: October 06, 2010, 09:00:26 AM »
More Katatonia photos (from the early days):

:rollin at corpse-paints and Ozzy-glasses!

Offline Orbert

• Recovering Musician
  • EZBoard Elder
  • In and around the lake
« Reply #249 on: October 06, 2010, 11:21:28 AM »
Poets of the Fall:

I love the little girl with the little pink hearing protectors.  She's gonna be a serious rocker someday.

Offline Gadough

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #250 on: October 06, 2010, 03:37:13 PM »
WTF, Katatonia used to wear corpse paint? wow.
Gadough isn't Hitler. He's much, much worse.

Offline RobD

• Jedi-Pirate
  • JimJam YaHA!
« Reply #251 on: October 07, 2010, 11:14:37 AM »

Ok, after seeing this photo, I now understand why people sometimes think I look like Anthony Kiedis... :lol
Pure. Refreshing. Bacon.
Clearly, RobD is a genius.

Offline carl320

• The Knight of Cups
  • EZBoard Elder
« Reply #252 on: October 07, 2010, 11:21:42 AM »
WTF, Katatonia used to wear corpse paint? wow.

+1
In high school my buddies and I built a Van Der Graaf generator.  You know, to get girls.

Offline chrisbDTM

• DT.net Member
« Reply #253 on: October 07, 2010, 11:29:21 AM »
Hayley looks cool in that pic, but I'm a bit more impressed by what the bassist (I think?) is doing in the background.

every time the band plays a song called 'pressure' live, the bassist does this flip/roll thing over the guitarist's back during the last section of the song

Offline Sir GuitarCozmo

• Official Forum Sous Chef and broler5
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Kelly Clarkson BEEFS
« Reply #254 on: October 07, 2010, 11:48:34 AM »

Still a favorite of mine...

Offline Jakartabassplayer

• John Cleese's evil step brother
  • "THEY just drop"
« Reply #255 on: October 07, 2010, 12:19:16 PM »
the Zeppelin one is awesome!!

ZZ top
Kipfilet is het borstdeel van de kip. Kenmerk van kipfilet is dat deze vetarm en lichtverteerbaar is.
I assume it's because you're awesome.
And JBP is yet again drunk  :lol

Offline Gorille85

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #256 on: October 27, 2011, 11:08:51 AM »
Leďlindel (Unexpect)

Offline glaurung

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #257 on: October 27, 2011, 11:15:06 AM »
 :o

:heart
Cole: "Ow I just got hit in the balls"
Me: "How?"
Cole: "Well you know when you try to scratch your balls, and you scratch too hard?
I'll admit sometimes I want to listen to Dragonforce.

Offline Iarwain

« Reply #258 on: October 27, 2011, 12:32:49 PM »
Sun Ra

The Residents

Fugazi

Keiji Haino

Offline Dark Castle

• DTF.org Member
  • SmegmaPrincessX
« Reply #259 on: October 27, 2011, 01:02:32 PM »

Children of Bodom

Dark Castle

Kvelertak

Purified In Blood

Refused

Rotten Sound

Offline obscure

• Properly Silly
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #260 on: October 27, 2011, 01:19:35 PM »
Could you recognize these guys?

God... I love this pic....

those heels  :laugh:

Offline obscure

• Properly Silly
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #261 on: October 27, 2011, 01:25:11 PM »
oh and this one...

sorry if posted before....

Offline obscure

• Properly Silly
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #262 on: October 27, 2011, 01:45:24 PM »
In this post I will see how I would have measured up against some luminaries in the world of metal, had we attended school at the same time. In order to do research for this piece, I had to fire up the Nocturnus time machine. Normally, I don't use the time machine for just any ol' post, luckily gas prices have gone down, and we're now able to use such technology more freely. Don't complain about the fact that the pictures I'm using are not of the most obscure metal people on earth. Sorry, but high school pictures from the guys in Order From Chaos, Dorsal Atlantica and Sarcastic (they had a demo on Wild Rags) are not easy to come by.

Tom was voted "class clown", which is weird, because I would have thought he'd be voted "most likely to end up looking exactly like Chief Sitting Bull." Seeing these pictures reminded me of a time at a Milwakee Metal Fest in 1993 or so when I was going to the bathroom between bands. I had a Sharpie marker in my hand for some reason, and I was playing around with it as I walked down a long hallway to get to the bathroom. The only other person in the hallway was Tom Araya. I made a left turn towards the bathroom and went by Tom. As I walked by him, he put out his hand as though to grab the marker out of my hand to sign something. Since I didn't want him to sign anything, I just walked past him and giggled as I did so. He kinda' stood there staring as I walked past.

Okay, but back to the pictures of Tom...looking at theseleads me to believe that although Tom had long hair and was perhaps into slightly heavier music than other kids, he was well liked. He would have sort of been my friend, but would have also been friends with hot girls who were smart. He would have known that hanging out with my kind would bring his stock down, and he would have been right. The mention of him being a "bench warmer" in the first picture makes me think that he at least played some sport during his high school years. Taking all this into consideration, I think Tom and I would have let each other borrow some tapes, but he would have never hung out with me outside of school. He liked metal, but was smart enough to tone it down around hot girls and cool dudes who weren't into metal. I would have been too die-hard and stubborn (and thus loserly) for his taste. He would have signed my yearbook, but would have kept his distance. Smart move.

Veredict: Friendly during school hours.

Just look at that picture! Filipinos have all the luck...they can make money having sex with middle aged men who like boys when they are 12, or when they are 45. Man, some ethnic groups have all the luck! Looking at this picture, and those huge glasses that make Kirk look like a Greyhound bus, it's hard to imagine that this young man would one day loose his hair and grow the world's thinnest bicycle-skid mustache. Still, Kirk would have been my boy back in the day! In the 8th grade, our lunch table would have also included the kid who looked like a fish due to severe fetal alcohol syndrome, but we still would have been happy during lunch. Forever losers when it came to the opposite sex, we would have pretended that it didn't matter to us. Inside, we cried...but on the outside...everything was gravy.

Veredict: Best buds

Like with Gene Simmons, it's hard for me to pretend I could have gone to school with someone this old, but here it goes. Ronnie played tons of sports (just look under his picture), but would have been cool. In math class, we would bond about our short stature. If you look under his name, it states that his nickname was "Pigmy", a person from any human group who grows to be less than 5 feet tall. Though I'm not that short, Dio and I would have joked around, and he would have taught me to "own" my shortness. Due to his Italian heritage, we would share stories about our crazy grandparents and their inability to function with the US. Although our musical tastes would have been slightly mismatched, we still would have hung out at parties. Ronnie would have been the guy who jokingly plopped his balls down onto the overhead projector while the teacher was talking to the assistant principal by the classroom's door.

Veredict: Friendly outside of school

Just as it was hard for me to stretch the bounds of my imagination when it came to the pictures of Gene Simmons and Dio due to the time when they were taken, it's even harder for me to do this with Paul Stanley's picture. How am I supposed to pretend I went to school with a forty year old Jewish woman with an Emo Phillips haircut? Also, it looks like his face is melting. Okay, I'll try.

We would have been friendly in Home-Ec. class. Since Paul is an elderly jewish woman, his cooking skills would have been superior to mine, but still not great. He would have nagged me to eat, plainly stating "eat, eat! you're skin and bones!" He would tell me long-winded stories about how his aunt, auntie Pearl, was taken away by "those ghouls, the Nazis". I would ask him "Paul, why do you sound like a southern black woman sometimes?" He would dismiss my questions, and continue making flavorless meals.

Veredict: Home Ec partners

Offline ich bin besser

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #263 on: October 27, 2011, 03:23:21 PM »

Polish band Retrospective with fans.  :coolio
Keep prog alive - see it live!

Meine Musikliste

Offline ?

• Apparently the best username
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Less=Moore, Even Less=Wilson
« Reply #264 on: April 17, 2013, 06:01:45 AM »
Bump!

I realized that this thread needs some Tomi Joutsen-era Amorphis:

And since the Brave Murder Day-era Katatonia photo I posted at some point can't apparently be seen anymore, here it is again:

EDIT: Paradise Lost:

« Last Edit: April 17, 2013, 06:10:26 AM by ? »

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #265 on: April 17, 2013, 06:07:40 AM »
King Diamond

Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.