Author Topic: Brooks & Dunn  (Read 1259 times)

Offline 2Timer

• The only DT fan who plays country music!
  • Don't turn your back on parrot eyes
Brooks & Dunn
« on: June 16, 2010, 03:24:03 PM »
I've liked them for a long time. I'm going to see them tomorrow night in Hershey. Anyone else like them?
I am God when it goes to hell
When it turns out good I'm not to blame

Offline DarkEternalNight

• I take the "the" out of psychotherapist
  • GODDDD ISSSS DEAAADDDD
Re: Brooks & Dunn
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2010, 06:58:15 PM »
My parents went and saw them last week. How big a fan are you?

Offline elyster

« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2010, 12:12:53 PM »
Saw them live with Reba McEntire about 10 years ago (hey, it got me laid...).  Good show.

Everytime I hear "Neon Moon" it reminds me of those nights years ago playing pool at the local bar with one of my best friends, and that song would always come on the jukebox.  That was such a great time in my life for many reasons.  And plus its a great song.

Offline kirbywelch92

« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2010, 09:53:00 AM »
"I'm a HARD workin' mayun, I wear a steel hard hat."

I grew up listening to B&D, so I suppose I do like them.

Offline 2Timer

• The only DT fan who plays country music!
  • Don't turn your back on parrot eyes
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2010, 02:12:08 PM »
My parents went and saw them last week. How big a fan are you?

I'm a semi-big fan...I don't personally have any of their albums, but I was in a country band, and they were a big part of my country education. When I listened to country radio to keep up with what was coming out B&D were always one of the most distinctive bands, and I think Ronnie Dunn has an amazing voice, especially in their later work. We saw the show last night. They were so cool. When they screwed up, which happened more than once, they just laughed about it. You know you're great when you mess up a few times and the crowd still loves you. Ronnie was very sick, so Kix Brooks sang a little more than usual, but RD's voice was so strong and spot-on...couldn't even tell he was sick until he mentioned it.
Worth every bit of the money we spent to go. My only regret is that I didn't get into country and follow them earlier, because although I got to see them, I'll never get to see them again.  :sad:
I am God when it goes to hell
When it turns out good I'm not to blame