Author Topic: Surround Sound Systems  (Read 958 times)

Offline Marvellous G

• I'm not sure on the avatar swearing policy...
Surround Sound Systems
« on: June 12, 2010, 04:56:45 PM »
So due to getting into PT and realising that 5.1 is apparently the way to go, and also because I want horror games to be scarier, I've decided to upgrade my Logitech 2.1 'system' to something better. Is this a good bet:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B0006LCMK4/ref=pd_luc_mri?ie=UTF8&m=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE

And if not what others would you recommend? Preferably under £100. Finally what other albums would be good for surround sound, even if not specifically mixed?

Offline Quadrochosis

• DTF.org Alumni
  • We Are Not Alone
Re: Surround Sound Systems
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2010, 10:15:27 PM »
The fact that those are so cheap makes me want to buy them before you do.

EDIT: didn't realize it wasn't eBay :lol
space cadet, pull out.
The only thing I enjoy more than Frengers is pleasing myself anally via the prostate.
"From my butt, I can see your house..."

Offline Marvellous G

• I'm not sure on the avatar swearing policy...
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2010, 05:47:26 AM »
Are they a good bet then? I'm actually terrible at stuff like this, and Amazon user reviews aren't always the most informed...

Offline ZBomber

• "The Analogy Guy"
  • A Farewell to Kings
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2010, 01:30:06 PM »
I'm not too knowledgeable about the subject (still learning!).. but no. That does not look good. It seems like its made more for the computer, with gaming in mind. You're gonna want something made for music. I don't think you're gonna find a decent set for under 100 euro.

If you don't have a choice, it will probably get the job done, but overall, I wouldn't recommend something so cheap.