Author Topic: Warning: Extreme Geek content! [JP7, MF, Reason, Thue-Morse Sequence!!!]  (Read 1606 times)

Offline ddtonfire

Lately I've had composers block, so to alleviate this I looked for a mathematical sequence with which to compose a song. Since the Fibonacci sequence tends to be used too much, and I've used it before, I chose the Thue-Morse sequence (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thue-Morse_Sequence if you want to know more). A few note and rhythm patterns follow the sequence. I'll spare you the geek talk, visit the Wikipedia link if you want to know more about it.
This is also my first mastering attempt (compression/stereo spread/limiting/etc), so if you have any suggestions or think it turned out ok, let me know! Thanks for listening!

https://soundclick.com/share?songid=9167549

Offline Manolito Mystiq

Hey there,

It sounds great. It really turned out okay, in my opinion. I was actually expecting a constant sequence, because now it sounds like just a riff, a pretty good one, though.

Could you tell me your gear and recording equipment, because when it comes to that, I think I can learn a lot from you.

Mano

Offline ddtonfire

Thanks for listening! I used my Petrucci 7, Logic and my DAW, Reason 4 for the synths, and Superior Drummer 2.0 with Metal Foundry for the drums.

Offline genome

Haha, it's the dude from the PTA boards. :P Like I said on your myspace, haven't had the chance to check this out yet due to uni work. I shall soon!

Offline ddtonfire

Get on it!

Anybody else?

Offline glaurung

• DTF.org Alumni
That was really cool! I also knew nothing about the sequence so learning about that was fun too. :tup
Cole: "Ow I just got hit in the balls"
Me: "How?"
Cole: "Well you know when you try to scratch your balls, and you scratch too hard?
I'll admit sometimes I want to listen to Dragonforce.

Offline ddtonfire

Thank you for listening!

Offline Plasmastrike

• DTF.org Member
Sounds very Raw Dog-ish

Offline ddtonfire

Yes, both are on 7-strings in A, so I guess it was inevitable. I did think of Raw Dog a bit while I was recording. Thanks for listening!

Offline ReaPsTA

• DT.net Veteran
  • Addicted to the pain
The main riff is awesome! Very nice stuff.
Take a chance you may die
Over and over again

Online Jamesman42

• There you'll find me
  • DT.net Member
  • Spiral OUT
Recurrences are fun to mess around with with music. I love where math and music meet and relate.

Offline ddtonfire

Thanks for the compliments!

Offline black_biff_stadler

• 6th place finalist at New Orleans Skullet Fest 2010
  • DT.net Member
  • blackwater_floyd, get it?
Wow, the synths flavor your track deliciously. Excellent use of dynamics and mood-setting.  :tup
Users who've sigged me (Join today!): LCArenas, Jakartabassplayer, LeeHarveyKennedy, Global Laziness, Portrucci, obscure, FlyingBIZKIT, alirocker08, senecadawg2, DebraKadabra, JayOctavarium, Cedar redaC, (almost) bout to crash, ? (the forum member, not the fucking punctuation mark), Zeltar, lonestar, ASacrificedSon

Offline ddtonfire

Thank you!  :laugh: