Author Topic: Rammstein Discussion/Appreciation  (Read 48793 times)

Offline fadetoblackdude7

Re: Rammstein Discussion/Appreciation
« Reply #315 on: January 21, 2020, 11:30:59 AM »
I’ll definitely be at the Chicago show, even though tickets will cost an arm and a leg. I’m a sucker for large-scale productions though so this’ll double down on their already-spectacular show.

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #316 on: January 21, 2020, 12:29:53 PM »
They're not listing ticket prices for the US shows. In Mexico the feuerzone tickets are $136 US, which is extraordinary. Generally tickets down there are about half what they are up here. We might well be into Roger Waters territory with $225 tickets in the US.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline Progmetty

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #317 on: January 23, 2020, 02:44:22 AM »
Tickets are ranging from 55$ for nose bleeds to 94$ for shitty-but-better-than-nose-bleeds to 144$ for awesome, which fuck Rammstein with a cactus btw.
What blows my mind, and what I came here to write, is that there's a guy that I met at the 2012 San Antonio Rammstein concert and have since become friends with on facebook, that guy has 2 more kids than I do and makes significantly less than I make but he got the 144$ ticket that I went "fuck that!" on. I want to understand but I can't. It's worth mentioning that he's like 10 years younger than me so maybe the age plays a role in those decisions and I might have paid that much for a single ticket 10 years ago, but then again I didn't have any kids 10 years ago and I made more money than he does now. I guess what I'm getting at here is that I'm worried I'm cheap for thinking 144$ is a lot of money :lol
I wouldn't want somebody with 18 kids to mow my damn lawn, based on a longstanding bias I have against crazy fucks.

Offline Grappler

• Victory, Illinois Varsity
« Reply #318 on: January 23, 2020, 06:45:52 AM »
Tickets are ranging from 55$ for nose bleeds to 94$ for shitty-but-better-than-nose-bleeds to 144$ for awesome, which fuck Rammstein with a cactus btw.
What blows my mind, and what I came here to write, is that there's a guy that I met at the 2012 San Antonio Rammstein concert and have since become friends with on facebook, that guy has 2 more kids than I do and makes significantly less than I make but he got the 144$ ticket that I went "fuck that!" on. I want to understand but I can't. It's worth mentioning that he's like 10 years younger than me so maybe the age plays a role in those decisions and I might have paid that much for a single ticket 10 years ago, but then again I didn't have any kids 10 years ago and I made more money than he does now. I guess what I'm getting at here is that I'm worried I'm cheap for thinking 144$ is a lot of money :lol

$144 is a lot of money for a concert ticket.  I paid $99 to see Rammstein in 2011 and 2012 and felt that was a lot of money at the time too.  But I knew that they live show is worth the cost and they have to pay to transport the stage, pyro, crew, etc., so I understood the pricing.

I wouldn't pay $144 for this stadium tour, and I'm in the same place - two kids and other uses for that money.  I'm happy to say that I've seen Rammstein, and I don't need to see them every time they come around - I blew off the last two or three shows in Chicago because of my kids and/or they weren't convenient locations or times for me to attend.

Offline Tick

• It's time to make a change
  • DTF.org Member
  • Just another tricky day for you
« Reply #319 on: January 23, 2020, 09:52:52 AM »
Curious if anyone has a pre sale code for these U.S. shows?
Yup. Tick is dead on.  She's not your type.  Move on.   Tick is Obi Wan Kenobi

Offline fadetoblackdude7

« Reply #320 on: January 23, 2020, 09:55:28 AM »
Curious if anyone has a pre sale code for these U.S. shows?

LIFAD2020

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #321 on: January 23, 2020, 10:07:12 AM »
Sucks, but it is what it is. The reality is that they'll probably sell out those shows at those prices, so to that extent you'd have to call them reasonably priced. The argument scalpers makes it that concert tickets are actually greatly undervalued, as evidenced by the fact that people were paying upwards of $800 for good Tool tickets last night (and Tool massacred R+ in the expensive ticket department).

Also, I have to assume that $144 is face and not including TT&L. They'll actually cost more like $190.

As for myself, I bought a floor seat for Mexico City for $100 flat. Expensive by DF standards, but quite a bit cheaper than they are here. Of course I'll pay for the trip, but I'll also get the trip out of it. I like hanging out down there.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #322 on: January 24, 2020, 09:17:08 AM »
I haven't been able to check the US dates (those people don't need my phone number just to look at what's available), but Mexico City sold out about like their European gigs do. Two days of presale and 4 minutes of general onsale were all that it took to sell out. It takes Maiden and Metallica weeks, if not months, to sell out their shows down there (though they always do). People interested in seeing them ought not dawdle.
E.F. Benson

Offline Progmetty

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #323 on: January 25, 2020, 01:11:28 PM »
$144 is a lot of money for a concert ticket.  I paid $99 to see Rammstein in 2011 and 2012 and felt that was a lot of money at the time too.  But I knew that they live show is worth the cost and they have to pay to transport the stage, pyro, crew, etc., so I understood the pricing.

I wouldn't pay $144 for this stadium tour, and I'm in the same place - two kids and other uses for that money.  I'm happy to say that I've seen Rammstein, and I don't need to see them every time they come around - I blew off the last two or three shows in Chicago because of my kids and/or they weren't convenient locations or times for me to attend.

Thank you!

As for myself, I bought a floor seat for Mexico City for $100 flat. Expensive by DF standards, but quite a bit cheaper than they are here. Of course I'll pay for the trip, but I'll also get the trip out of it. I like hanging out down there.

The Mexico shows have a different seating set-up? Cause the the U.S. shows don't have any floor seats, all floor is standing, GA style.

I wouldn't want somebody with 18 kids to mow my damn lawn, based on a longstanding bias I have against crazy fucks.

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #324 on: January 25, 2020, 07:49:00 PM »

The Mexico shows have a different seating set-up? Cause the the U.S. shows don't have any floor seats, all floor is standing, GA style.
Nah, it's all GA (though they have 3 sections instead of 2). I just always refer to floor seats vs balconies. Lawn seats too, now that I think about it. A holdover from back when all floors were seated, I suppose.
E.F. Benson

Offline the_silent_man

« Reply #325 on: April 01, 2020, 09:35:07 AM »
I've got tickets for the Rammstein gig in Cardiff (UK) on June 14th.
I'm actually surprised to have not seen anything about this being cancelled yet...

Has anyone else heard differently? Even if it is still on, I don't think I'd be comfortable going to a crowded venue as I'm guessing COVID-19 will still be around then.

Offline ChuckSteak

« Reply #326 on: April 01, 2020, 10:07:41 AM »
I've got tickets for the Rammstein gig in Cardiff (UK) on June 14th.
I'm actually surprised to have not seen anything about this being cancelled yet...

Has anyone else heard differently? Even if it is still on, I don't think I'd be comfortable going to a crowded venue as I'm guessing COVID-19 will still be around then.
Then give me your ticket.  ;D

Offline fadetoblackdude7

« Reply #327 on: April 01, 2020, 11:23:30 AM »
As far as I know, there haven’t been any postponements/cancellations for Rammstein. That said, hopefully Till makes a full recovery soon.

Online MrBoom_shack-a-lack

• I hit things for a living!
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #328 on: March 10, 2022, 12:34:29 PM »
Rammstein - Zeit (Official Video)

I love Tills mellow voice, it really suits when they do songs like this. Great song and an amazing video.
"I said to Nigel Tufnel, 'The door is open if you want to do anything on this record,' but it turns out Nigel has a phobia about doors." /Derek Smalls

Offline Fritzinger

« Reply #329 on: March 20, 2022, 07:54:18 AM »
No opinions yet on Rammstein's new song?
any rock can be made to roll

Offline me7

• Disciple of the Cockroach
« Reply #330 on: March 20, 2022, 08:32:19 AM »
It's not a banger but could work well in the context of the album. Too little knowledge to form an opinion.

Offline ChuckSteak

Offline Ben_Jamin

• I'm just a man, thrown into existence by the gods
« Reply #332 on: April 11, 2022, 03:30:48 PM »
Zick Zack is a great, hilarious, video.
I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man
Follow my Spotify:BjamminD

Offline Fritzinger

« Reply #333 on: April 29, 2022, 07:11:02 AM »
Guys the new Rammstein album is glorious. Mature, dark, epic. During Adieu I had tears in my eyes.

Offline Grappler

• Victory, Illinois Varsity
« Reply #334 on: April 29, 2022, 11:16:44 AM »
This is a LOT better than the last album, and a lot heavier, but still doesn't blow me away like Sehnsucht and Mutter did when I first heard them. 

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #335 on: July 30, 2022, 03:25:01 AM »
Where to begin...simply the most bad-ass metal show i've seen!

"I said to Nigel Tufnel, 'The door is open if you want to do anything on this record,' but it turns out Nigel has a phobia about doors." /Derek Smalls

Offline PixelDream

• Maestro
« Reply #336 on: July 30, 2022, 07:18:37 AM »
Cool, you were close! I saw them a month ago and was very far away. Couldn’t even make out the band members. Still, great show. Would’ve loved to hear Angst though, that’s such a banger.
Not 'Down To F***', but 'Dream Theater Forums' .

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #337 on: July 30, 2022, 01:11:55 PM »
Yea I was pretty close although I wasn't in Feuerzone, just a bit behind the fence from it. We could feel the warmth from the fire and pyros, that was cool.

It was so funny how they played ONLY Rammstein songs 2 hours before the support act and then the actual support played only Rammstein songs on piano. While the piano duo played very well it was a snooze fest sadly and I could feel that from the audience. Then came Rammstein with the pyro thing (not to spoil anything) but that freakin scared the crapped out of me and the entire audience woke up in a flash.  :lol
Which set the tone for the entire evening and I loved that, so everything beforehand kinda felt planned to shock the audience, I atleast imagine that.
The whole beginning with the black smoke and fire and so on felt so industrial which of course suited their music.

Man i'm honestly blown away by this show, anyone how hasn't watched this tour should really do it!

Offline NoseofNicko

« Reply #338 on: June 09, 2023, 03:49:17 PM »
Surely I’m not the only one who heard about the rape allegations against Till Lindemann? I really hope it’s not true but multiple women have come forward…  :sad:

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #339 on: June 10, 2023, 02:10:03 PM »
Surely I’m not the only one who heard about the rape allegations against Till Lindemann? I really hope it’s not true but multiple women have come forward…  :sad:
I wasn't aware of the allegations, and now that I am I'm not aware of any rape. Except, perhaps, only in a particularly narrow definition in the modern parlance. I think I'll head to the Weinstein thread before going any further.
E.F. Benson

Offline Fritzinger

« Reply #340 on: June 13, 2023, 01:13:12 PM »
As a manic fan of the band I don't dare to talk about anything regarding this topic outside my nearest circle of friends. I feel like this topic is so hot and controversial right now (at least in Europe, there is no paper or news website that doesn't constantly reports about this) that there are only wrong answers, no matter in which direction they go.

Offline Schurftkut

« Reply #341 on: June 16, 2023, 01:17:18 PM »
the drummer seems to distance himself and the band from Till

https://www.instagram.com/p/CtjOPD8sgZf/

Offline Fritzinger

« Reply #342 on: June 17, 2023, 02:51:21 AM »
the drummer seems to distance himself and the band from Till

https://www.instagram.com/p/CtjOPD8sgZf/

Actually no. He says he is sad because Till has distanced himself from the band over the years. The post ends with the words "we stand together".

Offline me7

• Disciple of the Cockroach
« Reply #343 on: June 17, 2023, 05:59:18 AM »
That post gets misquoted everywhere. He distances himself (and the other band members) from the sex parties that the singer hosted, but just from a moral perspective. He reminds that there is yet any evidence of wrongdoing to be found and he personally doesn't believe that any took place. All party guests were able to leave when they wanted and consumed the substances they wanted to.

Offline Ben_Jamin

• I'm just a man, thrown into existence by the gods
« Reply #344 on: June 26, 2023, 09:27:38 PM »

It is very hard for me not to sort of eye-roll a bit when the band has a song like...Buch Dich.
I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man
Follow my Spotify:BjamminD