Author Topic: Rammstein Discussion/Appreciation  (Read 48795 times)

Offline Max Kuehnau

• Emotionless Brainiac
  • Doomed to be a man this world forgot
Re: Rammstein Discussion/Appreciation
« Reply #280 on: May 18, 2019, 03:05:45 PM »
They'd probably annoy me if I didn't understand the lyrics, but the fit amazingly well if you can understand German, imo.
Till is a master of the German language IMHO.
"All my natural instincts are begging me to stop
But somehow I carry on, heading for the top
A physical absurdity, a tremendous mental game
Helping me understand exactly who I am"

Offline Mladen

« Reply #281 on: May 19, 2019, 01:57:30 AM »
I like the lyrics to Puppe, but that chorus is hard to listen to sometimes.  :lol

Offline Max Kuehnau

• Emotionless Brainiac
« Reply #282 on: May 19, 2019, 02:15:23 AM »
I like the lyrics to Puppe, but that chorus is hard to listen to sometimes.  :lol
not to me. I find it very fitting. Sung (and screamed) well

Offline Fritzinger

« Reply #283 on: May 19, 2019, 03:55:58 AM »
I have never heard Till sound like on Puppe. Amazingly "sung".

The lyrics are genius on this album. Till has really delivered some wonderful verses. Diamant, beautiful. Puppe, a little horror-short-story like Hilf Mir or Klavier. The title Ausländer  alone tackles the whole political shit going on right now in Germany and around (Ausländer = foreigner) and then completely ignores it :D Classic Rammstein humor.
Radio describes how western thoughts were forbidden in the GDR. My parents told me that they did exactly what is described in that song. They also had a small radio and secretly listened to western channels at night. My parents are exactly Lindemann's age and were born 80km away from him. They probably grew up in similar circumstances. I love how Rammstein still stay close to being normal guys despite all the fame. That makes it possible to identify with the lyrics imo.
I can't wait what the lyrics still have in store for me to discover.

Rammstein by Rammstein is a great album.
any rock can be made to roll

Offline Mladen

« Reply #284 on: May 19, 2019, 09:44:21 AM »
Yeah, people were kind of on the fence with Radio coming out as a single after Deutschland, given that it sounded much more cheerful, but thematically, it's somewhat in the same ballpark. The music comes off slightly more dramatic than the lyrics, though.

At the moment, my favorites are Tattoo, Zeig dich, Hallomann and Ausländer.

Offline Fritzinger

« Reply #285 on: May 19, 2019, 10:51:05 AM »
Yeah, people were kind of on the fence with Radio coming out as a single after Deutschland, given that it sounded much more cheerful, but thematically, it's somewhat in the same ballpark. The music comes off slightly more dramatic than the lyrics, though.

Maybe it's my English, but I'm not quite sure what you are trying to say, could you elaborate please?

Offline Max Kuehnau

• Emotionless Brainiac
« Reply #286 on: May 19, 2019, 11:00:24 AM »

musically, Radio is very reminiscent of Kraftwerk (predominantly Radioaktivität and Das Model)

Offline Progmetty

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #287 on: May 19, 2019, 11:14:18 AM »
Puppe forces you into the seeing the story in your head, I cannot hear it without picturing that kid ripping apart his toy in anguish. It's pretty emotionally draining.
I wouldn't want somebody with 18 kids to mow my damn lawn, based on a longstanding bias I have against crazy fucks.

Offline Fritzinger

« Reply #288 on: May 19, 2019, 11:17:13 AM »
Puppe forces you into the seeing the story in your head, I cannot hear it without picturing that kid ripping apart his toy in anguish. It's pretty emotionally draining.

Lindemann has a talent for that, I have been experiencing the same thing with a few other songs by Rammstein! Klavier, Spring, Hilf Mir, Spiel Mit Mir, Heirate Mich.

Offline Progmetty

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #289 on: May 19, 2019, 11:28:38 AM »
Only thing that came close to that for me was Morgenstern.
So to me this album has two great songs, Deutschland and Puppe. Two good songs, Radio and Zeig Dich. And the rest varies from average to below average.
I'm still listening on repeat, hoping it's a grower.
As it stands right now, it's the worst R+ album. It took over Rosenrot's spot for me.
I wouldn't want somebody with 18 kids to mow my damn lawn, based on a longstanding bias I have against crazy fucks.

Offline Mladen

« Reply #290 on: May 19, 2019, 12:56:20 PM »

Maybe it's my English, but I'm not quite sure what you are trying to say, could you elaborate please?
I read my reply again and realized it's not perfect.  :lol

Talking with some of my friends, they kind of just assumed the song is about listening to music on radio and didn't quite catch the whole part of radio being the forbidden entrance to the western culture. The track addresses German history as well as obviously Deutschland does, both songs have that in common.

The last sentence in my comment has to do with my interpretation of the verse prior to the last chorus. As much as the lyrics actually are serious once you get into them, that part is musically a bit too dramatic and "scary" for those lyrics. They sort of went too far trying to emphasize the seriousness of the topic. However, that's the only part of the song that's musically too dark - the rest of the tunes and melodies sound more lively and happy. I hope that I was able to clarify this.

Offline Polarbear

« Reply #291 on: May 22, 2019, 01:25:55 AM »
New album is pretty good, but "Ausländer" has been stuck in my head for the last two days ;D..

Offline nattmorker

« Reply #292 on: May 22, 2019, 09:57:23 AM »
New album is pretty good, but "Ausländer" has been stuck in my head for the last two days ;D..

It's been the same for me, I've been listening to that song a lot these days. I think I know the lyrics by now.

Offline Fritzinger

« Reply #293 on: May 22, 2019, 11:32:30 AM »

I read my reply again and realized it's not perfect.  :lol

Talking with some of my friends, they kind of just assumed the song is about listening to music on radio and didn't quite catch the whole part of radio being the forbidden entrance to the western culture. The track addresses German history as well as obviously Deutschland does, both songs have that in common.

The last sentence in my comment has to do with my interpretation of the verse prior to the last chorus. As much as the lyrics actually are serious once you get into them, that part is musically a bit too dramatic and "scary" for those lyrics. They sort of went too far trying to emphasize the seriousness of the topic. However, that's the only part of the song that's musically too dark - the rest of the tunes and melodies sound more lively and happy. I hope that I was able to clarify this.

Thanks for the clarification. I actually don't find Radio to be that dramatic. Then again, the music gave people back then a feeling that in my opinion suits the bombastic style of the bridge quite well.

It's been the same for me, I've been listening to that song a lot these days. I think I know the lyrics by now.

Same, I LOVE Ausländer. I can't get enough of it and can't wait to rock out to it at the concert with my friends this summer! Especially because we will see them in Prague and since we're Germans, we will actually be "Ausländer" there!

Offline MrBoom_shack-a-lack

• I hit things for a living!
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #294 on: May 28, 2019, 02:26:07 PM »
Pretty crazy stage they have for this tour: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KcTEqqYNc08

Ausländer works great live!
"I said to Nigel Tufnel, 'The door is open if you want to do anything on this record,' but it turns out Nigel has a phobia about doors." /Derek Smalls

Offline Mladen

« Reply #295 on: May 28, 2019, 02:56:48 PM »
That's one big ass stage.  :metal

Offline Polarbear

« Reply #296 on: May 29, 2019, 05:52:28 AM »
Say what you will about Rammstein's music itself, but I think everyone agrees that their live shows are always masterpieces! :tup

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #297 on: July 05, 2019, 04:21:28 AM »
Secured tickets for the Stadium tour next summer. Can't believe it's the first time I see them after all these years, excited I am!
"I said to Nigel Tufnel, 'The door is open if you want to do anything on this record,' but it turns out Nigel has a phobia about doors." /Derek Smalls

Offline Dreamdrummer

« Reply #298 on: July 05, 2019, 06:55:23 AM »
Got myself tickets for Oostende.

Now we have to wait a year   ;D
Drums - Music - Faith - Hope - Love - Tattoos - Learning To Live

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #299 on: July 05, 2019, 12:53:43 PM »
Yea the wait is real, I now have enough time to digest the new album properly.  :lol

Offline Fritzinger

« Reply #300 on: July 05, 2019, 04:41:11 PM »
After 2,5 hours of refreshing on 4 laptops and 3 mobile phones, I managed to get ONE standing ticket :D Fortunately, a buddy of mine managed to get one as well, so I won't have to go alone! PSYCHED

Offline Max Kuehnau

• Emotionless Brainiac
« Reply #301 on: July 07, 2019, 04:59:23 AM »
Enjoy.

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #302 on: July 07, 2019, 06:40:30 AM »
After 2,5 hours of refreshing on 4 laptops and 3 mobile phones, I managed to get ONE standing ticket :D Fortunately, a buddy of mine managed to get one as well, so I won't have to go alone! PSYCHED
I developed some sweat when the site broke and I thought I would never get my tickets. It just wouldn't let me buy more than one ticket for some reason so I ended up buying 3 single tickets 3 times. Turns out within 5 minutes 25000 people had bought tickets and after an hour they sold out. Yeez and they haven't even finished their recent tour and are playing in august in Sweden.  :omg:

Online twosuitsluke

• Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
« Reply #303 on: July 08, 2019, 10:10:24 AM »
Man, these guys are just killing it at the moment! Is there a metal band (other than Metallica, I guess) that can sell out a stadium like these guys right now?

They have shot up to be the band at the top of my 'to see' list.

Offline Grappler

• Victory, Illinois Varsity
« Reply #304 on: July 08, 2019, 10:21:58 AM »
Man, these guys are just killing it at the moment! Is there a metal band (other than Metallica, I guess) that can sell out a stadium like these guys right now?

They have shot up to be the band at the top of my 'to see' list.

I jumped at tickets for the US tours in 2011 and 2012, mainly because I didn't know how many chances I'd get to see them.   Both shows were absolutely fantastic.  I skipped their last two Chicago dates, just due to logistics and family needs, but I'd consider seeing them again with this new production.

Online El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #305 on: July 08, 2019, 10:42:45 AM »
Damn, I was knocking around traveling to see one of those. Didn't figure they'd sell out stadia, at least not this quickly. I'm not a huge fan, but seeing them in Leipzig or someplace like it would be really cool.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline Elite

• The 'other' Rich
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • also, a tin teardrop
« Reply #306 on: July 09, 2019, 01:05:32 PM »
I saw their Europe Stadium Tour two weeks ago. It was great, honestly! I’m not a Rammstein fan by any means, only know their most well-known tracks and I’d heard nothing off the new album, but the show was great. The stage was fantastic and sound was good. The band had no interaction with the audience, but apparently that’s how all their shows are. The fireworks and other peripherals & effects more than made up for that. Props (yes, pun intended) to their stage set-up and visuals!

Coincidentally my first arena gig as well!
Hey dude slow the fuck down so we can finish together at the same time.  :biggrin:
Squ
scRa are the resultaten of sound nog bring propey

Offline Fritzinger

« Reply #307 on: July 11, 2019, 04:17:28 AM »
For those who couldn't get a ticket - there is a short time a few weeks before the concert (or so), where returned tickets are resold by eventim. That is probably the only chance to get tickets for those concerts!

I will drive to Prague next week with two of my buddies, I can't wait for this show!

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #308 on: September 14, 2019, 08:31:11 AM »

Offline fadetoblackdude7

« Reply #309 on: January 21, 2020, 08:56:05 AM »
First-ever stadium run announced for North America, 10 dates only:

https://www.blabbermouth.net/news/rammstein-announces-summer-fall-2020-north-american-tour/

Offline Fritzinger

« Reply #310 on: January 21, 2020, 09:26:57 AM »
I'm going to see them Berlin (their home!), beginning of July. I already saw them in Prag last summer, it was unreal. I love this band.

Online El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #311 on: January 21, 2020, 10:07:20 AM »
Even though I'll likely be in Germany during their Spring stadium tour, those dates sold out almost instantly. They also managed to pretty much shut down the scalper market there. If I could get a ticket for Leipzig or Stuttgart I'd be all over it. It just doesn't seem to be possible. However, seeing them at the Foro Sol in Mexico will be the next best thing. I'll gladly pop down for a weekend.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline Grappler

• Victory, Illinois Varsity
« Reply #312 on: January 21, 2020, 10:12:05 AM »
I would love to see this tour, since they'll play a lot of new material and some older songs that are a bit more rare, but I'm not interested in a stadium show at all. 

Too large of a crowd, affordable seats will be far from the stage, and the view won't be as great.  I really liked the arena shows they did in 2011 and 2012, which gave us a great view.  If I never see them again, at least I got to see two really amazing shows those years.

Offline Fritzinger

« Reply #313 on: January 21, 2020, 10:20:46 AM »
I would love to see this tour, since they'll play a lot of new material and some older songs that are a bit more rare, but I'm not interested in a stadium show at all. 

Too large of a crowd, affordable seats will be far from the stage, and the view won't be as great.  I really liked the arena shows they did in 2011 and 2012, which gave us a great view.  If I never see them again, at least I got to see two really amazing shows those years.

It's just not possible for them to play arena shows anymore, since the stadium concerts already sell out within minutes  :lol

Online El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #314 on: January 21, 2020, 10:34:16 AM »

It's just not possible for them to play arena shows anymore, since the stadium concerts already sell out within minutes  :lol
They needed to do multiple stadium dates. There's just that much demand. There's one German city, as well as Zurich where they're playing consecutive nights, but most of the others are single dates, and I suspect a whole lot of people won't get to see them (myself included).
E.F. Benson