Author Topic: Rammstein Discussion/Appreciation  (Read 48727 times)

Offline Progmetty

• DTF.org Alumni
Re: Rammstein Discussion/Appreciation
« Reply #140 on: December 14, 2012, 07:55:59 AM »
Let me tell you what's been happening the last couple of weeks.
R+ finally announced the Mein Herz brennt single, details here. They released a new song on the single called Gib Mir Deine Augen, it's another LIFAD reject of which I heard a demo before, not a big fan with the polished version either but Scorpion that song should probably join non-album survivor.
But the single also features the Piano Version of Mein Herz brennt which is Till singing the song over a sole piano, it's pretty good.
R+ launched a website counting down to the release of Mein Hertz Brennt music video. They had shot two music videos for two different versions of the song, the other video is for the Piano Version.

The video for the piano version was released last week and can be viewed here.
The video for the regular version -which they're calling Explicit- was released today and can be viewed here.

They also announced this bad ass baby which I'll be getting in BluRay, hopefully the videos are remastered for Hi-Def.
How do you like the MHB videos?
I wouldn't want somebody with 18 kids to mow my damn lawn, based on a longstanding bias I have against crazy fucks.

Offline seasonsinthesky

• roo)))m noise
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #141 on: December 14, 2012, 09:10:19 AM »
two of their best videos, i think! solidifies the Mutter era as my favourite and, imo, their creative peak (not including the live show, i suppose).

it's too bad they edited the best part of the song proper, though. still, it continues the 'tradition' of interesting song edits that change the arrangement, just like what happened with "Sonne."

Offline Progmetty

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #142 on: December 14, 2012, 09:33:07 AM »
Yeah the best thing that I ever liked about MHB was the guitar solo section which they removed in the video version :-/
I think Reise Reise is R+'s creative peak era, both live and on record. Mutter has two or three songs that are better than anything on Reise Reise but as a whole Reise Reise is better, it also flows so much better.
I kinda like Sonne's video/live version, but the original one is definitely better.
I wouldn't want somebody with 18 kids to mow my damn lawn, based on a longstanding bias I have against crazy fucks.

Offline Ultimetalhead

• The Mighty Masturbator
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • .ay rof dab s'ti dna...
« Reply #143 on: December 14, 2012, 09:42:24 AM »
Reise, Reise is absolutely magnificent. Their best songs are still on Mutter, but that album kind of dies after the halfway point, while Reise, Reise is pretty much consistent all the way through.
Orion....that's the one with a bunch of power chords and boringly harsh vocals, isn't it?
LOOK AT THIS AWESOME SHIT AHHHHHH

Offline Scorpion

• Unreal Heir
  • DTF.org Member
  • Ragnarök around the Clöck!
« Reply #144 on: December 14, 2012, 10:34:54 AM »
Cool that they are bringing this out, but tbh, I'd rather have a live DVD of the new tour. There's so many songs that I'd love to see, I think Mutter alone would seal the deal for me.
scorpion is my favorite deathcore lobster
Hey, the length is fine :azn: Thanks!

Offline Scorpion

• Unreal Heir
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #145 on: January 01, 2013, 02:15:41 PM »
We are currently in the finals of the Rammstein survivor, so please take a moment of your time and head down to P/S to vote!

Thanks.

Offline Scorpion

• Unreal Heir
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #146 on: March 02, 2013, 02:54:46 PM »
DTF'S FAVOURITE RAMMSTEIN SONG HAS BEEN CROWNED! IT IS...

*drumroll*

SONNE!

Interestingly enough, the Top 3 songs were all from Mutter: Links 234, Sonne and Ich will.

Thanks again for everyone who took the time to vote on this survivor. :tup

Also, loltriplepost

Offline Onno

• Well, it's just entertainment, folks!
« Reply #147 on: March 02, 2013, 05:07:28 PM »
How did I miss this thread... But now I'm here! And Scorp, thanks a lot for running the Survivor!

Online Mladen

« Reply #148 on: April 29, 2013, 03:55:21 AM »
Saw these guys yesterday, they kicked some serious ass. It was even more impressive than three years ago, the set list was terrific, the show was impressive, the pyrotechnics even bigger than last time around.

That's a band I wouldn't mind seeing one hundred times, I can tell you that.  :hefdaddy

Offline Scorpion

• Unreal Heir
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #149 on: April 29, 2013, 08:56:49 AM »
Awesome! What did they play?

Online Mladen

« Reply #150 on: April 29, 2013, 09:17:45 AM »
https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/rammstein/2013/kombank-arena-belgrade-serbia-23d81c47.html

It was pretty much a greatest hits set with a couple of surprises in there.

Offline philmcson

« Reply #151 on: May 03, 2013, 10:59:11 AM »
Rammlied.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2013, 10:58:19 PM by Progmetty »

Offline Progmetty

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #152 on: May 04, 2013, 10:55:40 PM »
^ dunno what happened there with your post but Rammlied would have made this setlist identical to the LIFAD tour and I think that's why they dropped it but I do love that song too.
I wish they would have added Mein Land, it's the freakin single for the album they've been touring to support for a year and half now and it still hasn't been played live.
Glad to see Sonne went back to it's best spot in the set list, as amazing as that song is; it loses a lot of it's energy when it's an opener.

Offline Scorpion

• Unreal Heir
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #153 on: May 05, 2013, 03:52:14 AM »
metty how the hell did you edit phil's post :dangerwillrobinson:

Also, you know what needs to stay a mainstay in Rammstein sets forever? Mutter.

Offline Cyclopssss

• Vocal Dinosaur pre-heat combustable
  • Connoseur of love
« Reply #154 on: May 30, 2015, 04:16:57 AM »
Anyone know about this ? Till Lindemann has a soloproject coming out june 19th, called Lindemann. All songs are in English.

https://www.skillsinpills.com/main.html
From the ocean comes the notion that the realise lies in rhythm. The rhythm of vision is dancer, and when you dance you´re always on the one. From the looking comes to see, wondrous realise real eyes....

Offline MrBoom_shack-a-lack

• I hit things for a living!
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #155 on: August 26, 2015, 12:59:44 PM »
RAMMSTEIN IN AMERIKA
Concert film “Live from Madison Square Garden” (101 min.)
Documentary “Rammstein in Amerika” (122 min.)
Making-of the album “Liebe Ist Für Alle Da” (21 min.)

out September 25th
DVD
BLU-RAY

DISC 1: Concert film: “Live from Madison Square Garden” / 101 min.
Only 20 minutes into the pre-sale, Madison Square Garden, New York announces: Sold out!

The concert film celebrates the band’s legendary show in New York’s Madison Square Garden – Rammstein’s return to the US after a ten-year absence. In HD and 5.1 surround sound.

Tracklist: 01 Rammlied // 02 B******** // 03 Waidmanns Heil // 04 Keine Lust // 05 Weisses Fleisch // 06 Feuer Frei! // 07 Wiener Blut // 08 Frühling in Paris // 09 Ich tu Dir weh // 10 Du riechst so gut // 11 Benzin // 12 Links 2 3 4 // 13 Du hast // 14 Pussy // 15 Sonne // 16 Haifisch // 17 Ich will // 18 Engel

DISC 2: Documentary: “Rammstein in Amerika” / 122 min. // Director's Cut
Hannes Rossacher’s major documentary “Rammstein in Amerika” is a great journey. It begins in summer 1988 on the Ostseestrand in East Germany and accompanies the band on their long, sometimes painful, but finally successful conquest of the American continents up until 2001. It continues with their farewell to the US after the events of September 11th and ends in front of thousands of cheering Americans in Madison Square Garden.

For the documentary, Rammstein provided extensive, previously unreleased footage and photos from the band archive. In numerous interviews from various periods in the band’s history, the band members speak about their experiences across the Atlantic.

Old and new friends and acquaintances, as well as many American colleagues, pay tribute to the band and recount anecdotes. Chad Smith (Red Hot Chili Peppers), Moby, CJ Ramone, Steven Tyler (Aerosmith), Iggy Pop, Gene Simmons and Paul Stanley from KISS, Wes Borland (Limp Bizkit), Marilyn Manson, Melissa Auf der Maur, Scott Ian (Anthrax), Jonathan Davis and Munky Shaffer from Korn, Shawn Crahan (Slipknot), actor Kiefer Sutherland (“24”) and many more.

Making-of the album “Liebe Ist Für Alle Da” / 21 min.
In November 2008, Rammstein begin recording their sixth album “Liebe Ist Für Alle Da” in Sonoma Mountain Studio in California. Paul Landers documents the six-week studio production. He interviews his bandmates and films during recordings and photo sessions, until he finally gets told: “Oh Paul, that’s really getting on my nerves, just turn it off …”

Welcome to RAMMSTEIN IN AMERIKA!

Rammstein - Ich Tu Dir Weh (Live from Madison Square Garden)

Rammstein - Rammlied (Live from Madison Square Garden)
"I said to Nigel Tufnel, 'The door is open if you want to do anything on this record,' but it turns out Nigel has a phobia about doors." /Derek Smalls

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #156 on: August 26, 2015, 01:46:43 PM »
I was gonna say the vocals sounded overdubbed and someone in the comments said it is.

Offline Onno

• Well, it's just entertainment, folks!
« Reply #157 on: August 26, 2015, 03:52:00 PM »
The chorus vocals on Ich Tu Dir Weh are definitely dubbed. Haven't really listened to the rest, but the verse vocals on that same song sound pretty live.

Offline Cyclopssss

• Connoseur of love
« Reply #158 on: August 27, 2015, 12:57:43 AM »
Yeah, I sort of got that impression as well. Too bad, but the stage setup looks fantastic. Best I 've seen in years from them.
From the ocean comes the notion that the realise lies in rhythm. The rhythm of vision is dancer, and when you dance you´re always on the one. From the looking comes to see, wondrous realise real eyes....

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #159 on: August 27, 2015, 01:19:32 AM »
I'm interested in that documentary, I wonder what Kiefer Sutherland has to say.  :lol

By the way I thought about this the other day: Isn't Rammstein the biggest non english speaking band in the world? I can't think of another act at the moment.
"I said to Nigel Tufnel, 'The door is open if you want to do anything on this record,' but it turns out Nigel has a phobia about doors." /Derek Smalls

Offline Cyclopssss

• Connoseur of love
« Reply #160 on: August 27, 2015, 01:23:57 AM »
Probably. Don't rule out those crazy Japanese, though. That whole Kawai scene or whatever it's called is supposedly huge over there.

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #161 on: August 27, 2015, 03:23:59 AM »
Yea that's true but I was more referring to worldwide. Also one of few bands that have kept their line-up intact since day one.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2015, 03:29:12 AM by MrBoom_shack-a-lack »

Offline Ruba

« Reply #162 on: August 27, 2015, 02:18:37 PM »
Anyone know about this ? Till Lindemann has a soloproject coming out june 19th, called Lindemann. All songs are in English.

https://www.skillsinpills.com/main.html

Don't know that much, but this song and music video are awesome. :lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QWE_M0CX9So

E: Quite NSFW.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2015, 02:45:06 PM by Ruba »

Offline Cyclopssss

• Connoseur of love
« Reply #163 on: August 28, 2015, 05:01:23 AM »
I listened to it once. The music sounds good enough, but the lyrics are so silly, it´s just ridiculous.

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #164 on: September 01, 2015, 08:15:12 PM »
 :lol Love this opening: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Y_wNssGJGw

I just thought, can you imagine the reactions if that was a nazi flag instead....

Offline Cyclopssss

• Connoseur of love
« Reply #165 on: September 02, 2015, 12:45:42 AM »
I'm sure they played with the thought....they know they can't go there, though.

Offline jakepriest

« Reply #166 on: September 02, 2015, 01:13:16 PM »
I listened to it once. The music sounds good enough, but the lyrics are so silly, it´s just ridiculous.

Some of the songs on the album have okay/good lyrics. Yukon, Children Of The Sun, That's My Heart come to mind.
I actually enjoy the ridiculous lyrics to Ladyboy, Fat, Fish On and Praise Abort though.  :lol The music is what matters either way.

Offline Cyclopssss

• Connoseur of love
« Reply #167 on: September 03, 2015, 12:38:47 AM »
I'm a bit surprised this hasn't gotten more press, though.

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #168 on: October 14, 2015, 05:56:04 AM »
Bought Rammstein in America a couple of days ago and saw it last night. The documentary was awesome and so was the show, highly recommend it!

Anyone that saw the MSG live?

Offline kaos2900

« Reply #169 on: October 14, 2015, 06:31:30 AM »
I just recently got into these guys and have thinking about getting the Blu-Ray. Apparently they just announced that they will be starting work on a new album.

Offline seasonsinthesky

• roo)))m noise
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #170 on: October 14, 2015, 07:46:36 AM »
I just recently got into these guys and have thinking about getting the Blu-Ray. Apparently they just announced that they will be starting work on a new album.

Yep, they posted a photo. I think it's from their rehearsal space.

ALSO, a huuuuge boxset of all their albums on vinyl is coming out - including a bonus rarities LP with "Los" full band/electric version! Pre-order on Amazon is just over $200 right now.

Offline Cyclopssss

• Connoseur of love
« Reply #171 on: October 20, 2015, 04:09:20 AM »
Saw the documentary. Excellent! Really dug the early footage. And how odd that they speak English so badly! Now for the concert.

Offline kaos2900

« Reply #172 on: October 20, 2015, 06:32:35 AM »
So is it true that this wasn't really filmed in NYC? There is speculation on the net that only the crowd shots are from NYC and the actual performance footage is from a show in Canada.

Offline seasonsinthesky

• roo)))m noise
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #173 on: October 20, 2015, 11:36:27 AM »
So is it true that this wasn't really filmed in NYC? There is speculation on the net that only the crowd shots are from NYC and the actual performance footage is from a show in Canada.

There are plenty of crowd shots with Canadian (and French? Can't remember) flags, so I'd say the entire show is supplemented with footage, not just the performance shots. And who knows what's in the audio mix – it's so perfect, I wouldn't doubt it uses multiple show sources and studio overdubs too.

Online Mladen

« Reply #174 on: October 30, 2015, 02:41:14 AM »
I saw the new DVD at my friend's place last night. What a tremendous concert.  :metal