Author Topic: Rush studio albums countdown thread!!! (#01 revealed!!)  (Read 30337 times)

Offline pg1067

Re: Rush studio albums countdown thread!!! (#01 revealed!!)
« Reply #1330 on: June 26, 2023, 02:47:04 PM »
And here I thought I was so clever with "slide".  Get it? Isn't the big tube on a trombone called a "slide"?

Yes, it is, and you were - as was I with the Whitesnake reference that you set up.

Be sure to keep him posted once we do the countdown of the top 100 Taylor Swift lyrics.

If you did a Top One Taylor Swift song countdown, I still wouldn't be able to participate.

I'm in for Marillion, Genesis and Yes.

I'd host a Yes album countdown if Kev doesn't want to.
"There's a bass solo in a song called Metropolis where I do a bass solo."  John Myung

Online nick_z

« Reply #1331 on: June 26, 2023, 04:52:17 PM »

Be sure to keep him posted once we do the countdown of the top 100 Taylor Swift lyrics.

If you did a Top One Taylor Swift song countdown, I still wouldn't be able to participate.

Pretty sure you'd be able to name at least five songs  :)

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #1332 on: June 26, 2023, 05:00:29 PM »
I would do the Yes one, but not sure how much interest there would be.  Perhaps we need to test the waters at some point...

Offline King Puppies and the Acid Guppies

• I find your lack of filtered water disturbing
  • DTF.org Member
  • Together we can rule the ocean as father and son
« Reply #1333 on: June 26, 2023, 05:17:08 PM »
I would do the Yes one, but not sure how much interest there would be.  Perhaps we need to test the waters at some point...
I'd do a Yes one!
aka Puppies_On_Acid
I peed next to Ian Mosley and Mark Kelly
Derek Sherinian probably stands 10 feet away from the urinal, shoots from downtown, and announces loudly that he's making history.
Quote from: TAC, definitely not King
Thes sng is are sounds rally nece an I lyke tha sungar

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1334 on: June 26, 2023, 05:20:54 PM »
I'd have to sit it out.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline The Letter M

« Reply #1335 on: June 26, 2023, 05:39:34 PM »

As I'm currently running the YES Survivor, I'd definitely be down for a Yes Album Countdown. It'd be a great companion for my Survivor, and I'm also eventually going to do an Album Survivor as well once the Finals begin in a couple weeks.

-Marc.
ATTENTION - HAKEN FANS! The HAKEN SURVIVOR 2023 has begun! You can check it out in the Polls/Survivors Forum!!!

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #1336 on: June 26, 2023, 07:57:01 PM »
It won't be for a bit, as I still have to do the VH one and then I am 99% sure what the next will be after that (look for that thread by the end of the week!).

Online HOF

« Reply #1337 on: June 27, 2023, 08:43:53 AM »
I could only do Yes if it were limited to maybe 50 songs, and then I don't know that I would really feel qualified to participate as I haven't heard anything from them since Big Generator. I wouldn't be able to rank all of the albums either I don't think.

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #1338 on: June 27, 2023, 08:51:18 AM »
I could only do Yes if it were limited to maybe 50 songs, and then I don't know that I would really feel qualified to participate as I haven't heard anything from them since Big Generator. I wouldn't be able to rank all of the albums either I don't think.

Well, it might be a good chance to catch up on Talk, the two Keys records, Magnification, and the two Fly From Here records (there is a fair amount of dreck in that time, though; Open Your Eyes blows and The Ladder has it's moments, but there's a lot of suck there too.)

Online HOF

« Reply #1339 on: June 27, 2023, 09:02:17 AM »

Well, it might be a good chance to catch up on Talk, the two Keys records, Magnification, and the two Fly From Here records (there is a fair amount of dreck in that time, though; Open Your Eyes blows and The Ladder has it's moments, but there's a lot of suck there too.)

Yeah, I'll have to try some of those and see. I realized during the survivor how little of the overall Yes catalog I know. I also don't know the debut and I've only heard Tales from the Topographic Ocean and Drama once or twice. There's just so much there and I've only sort of casually been collecting their albums.

Offline pg1067

« Reply #1340 on: June 27, 2023, 09:41:48 AM »

Pretty sure you'd be able to name at least five songs  :)

I literally know zero Taylor Swift songs.  Maybe I know the name of that one song I hear in the grocery store every once in a while where she says "never, never, never, never...never, never getting back together" ad infinitum.  Is that the name of the song?  Otherwise, I got nothin'.

As I'm currently running the YES Survivor, I'd definitely be down for a Yes Album Countdown. It'd be a great companion for my Survivor, and I'm also eventually going to do an Album Survivor as well once the Finals begin in a couple weeks.

Agree.
"There's a bass solo in a song called Metropolis where I do a bass solo."  John Myung