Author Topic: The Solution Is Problematic  (Read 1183 times)

Offline Implode

• Lord of the Squids
  • DTF.org Alumni
The Solution Is Problematic
« on: June 08, 2010, 01:22:58 PM »
Last year my friends created band by the name of The Solution Is Problematic. They played last year in our high school's battle of the bands (Yeah, we're young).  I would like some critique on the original compositions of the group. Video here.

After that, most of the members graduated. The leftover members created a one-time band for this past year's battle of the bands. Critique and comments are greatly appreciated. Video here. While this was a one-time deal, The Solution Is Problematic is continuing to work and record.

Like I said, comments and critique are greatly appreciated. I posted this here to get some insight and advice the the starting group.

« Last Edit: June 08, 2010, 03:41:54 PM by Implode »

Online Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
Re: The Solution Is Problematic
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2010, 01:44:53 PM »
I hope you actually decide to post here and not just join for the sake of promoting a band.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline Implode

• Lord of the Squids
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2010, 01:47:23 PM »
I've been lurking for a while, and I joined here because I love Dream Theater. And I hardly consider this promoting; I'm asking some other musicians for some critique.

Offline rumborak

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2010, 01:54:29 PM »
Well, given I don't know what instrument you played in this video, I'm most likely going to hurt some feelings:

The first 10 seconds are awesome. Great chord progression, everything. Piano, bass and drums are nicely locked in, very enjoyable.

Then the guitar sets in. With random noodling on quite a few times the wrong scale.

The vocals come in. I switched off. Painful.

rumborak
"I liked when Myung looked like a women's figure skating champion."

Online Adami

« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2010, 02:44:52 PM »
I agree with Rumby. I couldn't tell if the guitar was out of key cause everything drowns out when he comes in, but that's not your fault But yea, that singing was............bad. Hope you're not the singer.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline Implode

• Lord of the Squids
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2010, 03:37:45 PM »
I'm not in the first band. Yeah, we recognize the singer isn't really that great, but I still love the ideas. So is only bad parts the singer and guitar solos? Any critique on the compositions rather than the talent? Thanks for the input.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2010, 03:43:01 PM by Implode »

Online Adami

« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2010, 03:38:44 PM »
I'm not in the first band. Yeah, we recognize the singer isn't really that great, but I still love the ideas. So is only bad parts the singer and guitar solos? Thanks for the input.

Also, might just be me, but neither of the links worked. I had to cut a few things out of the linked address and make it right.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline Implode

• Lord of the Squids
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2010, 03:42:25 PM »
Ah. I fixed them.