Author Topic: 2011/12 Setlist Predictions Thread  (Read 105390 times)

Offline JayOctavarium

• I used to be a whorejerk
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • But then I took a Hef to the knee...
Re: Setlist Predictions/Wishlist Thread
« Reply #420 on: June 16, 2012, 03:43:06 PM »
Please for the love of god can they switch the 6 Degree songs and Surrounded with something? lol
I just don't understand what they were trying to achieve with any part of the song, either individually or as a whole. You know what? It's the Platypus of Dream Theater songs. That bill doesn't go with that tail, or that strange little furry body, or those webbed feet, and oh god why does it have venomous spurs!? And then you find out it lays eggs too. The difference is that the Platypus is somehow functional despite being a crazy mishmash or leftover animal pieces

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline ResultsMayVary

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Go Buckeyes!
« Reply #421 on: June 16, 2012, 04:06:15 PM »
Please for the love of god can they switch the 6 Degree songs and Surrounded with something? lol
Couldn't agree more. I'd rather see TGP instead of WIMH/TTSTA and Take The Time instead of Surrounded.
Where would YOU be without prog?!
I'd be standing somewhere with dignity, respect, and bitches.
When Mike and Mob Unite, featuring the hit A Lawsuit in Lies

Offline wasteland

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Jay Beckenstein was in Spyro Gyra, right?
« Reply #422 on: June 16, 2012, 04:10:11 PM »
Couldn't agree more. I'd rather see TGP instead of WIMH/TTSTA and Take The Time instead of Surrounded.

You're probably going to reply that I'm once again smuggling reality into this thread, but do you realize that the lenght of the song are not similar in the least? :lol
:slayer: Somewhere, over the wasteland..... bootlegs fly :slayer:
MoraWintersoul is the BEST person.
- Marco

Offline JayOctavarium

• I used to be a whorejerk
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • But then I took a Hef to the knee...
« Reply #423 on: June 16, 2012, 04:17:12 PM »
Dont break me down
I just don't understand what they were trying to achieve with any part of the song, either individually or as a whole. You know what? It's the Platypus of Dream Theater songs. That bill doesn't go with that tail, or that strange little furry body, or those webbed feet, and oh god why does it have venomous spurs!? And then you find out it lays eggs too. The difference is that the Platypus is somehow functional despite being a crazy mishmash or leftover animal pieces

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline Ultimetalhead

• The Mighty Masturbator
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • .ay rof dab s'ti dna...
« Reply #424 on: June 16, 2012, 04:49:19 PM »
I could deal with them swapping out OTBOA with something like The Glass Prison (wishful thinking, I know...)
Orion....that's the one with a bunch of power chords and boringly harsh vocals, isn't it?
LOOK AT THIS AWESOME SHIT AHHHHHH

Offline ResultsMayVary

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Go Buckeyes!
« Reply #425 on: June 16, 2012, 08:52:27 PM »

You're probably going to reply that I'm once again smuggling reality into this thread, but do you realize that the lenght of the song are not similar in the least? :lol
Get out of here.
Where would YOU be without prog?!
I'd be standing somewhere with dignity, respect, and bitches.
When Mike and Mob Unite, featuring the hit A Lawsuit in Lies