Author Topic: So, Dream Theater break up...  (Read 11044 times)

Offline DarkLord_Lalinc

• pr0nman extraordinaire
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Hostages love me
Re: So, Dream Theater break up...
« Reply #35 on: June 03, 2010, 08:29:56 PM »
Quote from: TioJorge
MAN FUCK YOU KUJA.
Quote from: hefdaddy42
The Darklord is amazing

Offline AwakeFromOctavarium

• Penguin wins by default.
<br />Girls are like square roots; If they\\\'re under 18, do them in your head.<br />
You Americans feed the bears with bacon! That's why they've grown so ferocious!

Offline ScioPath

• the king of dance
  • DTF.org Member

Offline Samsara

• Queensr˙che Biographer and Historian
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Memory flows...like a river.
« Reply #38 on: June 04, 2010, 10:50:21 AM »
If DT ever called it a day (and I know I am the minority, but I really don't think they have much left to say, so it wouldn't bother me the way it would some of you), I'd be very excited to get regular solo albums from JLB.

Portnoy would probably push John Arch like crazy to do stuff, so hopefully there would be more Arch-Matheos-Portnoy albums.

I'd love to see John Petrucci be involved in a two-guitar, more melodic band and see if he could recapture a bit more feel in his playing instead of having to be "guitar virtuoso" like he is in DT.

Myung...he's always in the background, not sure what I'd like to see him do.

Jordan -- hell of a nice guy, but not really a fan of his playing in DT, so not sure what I'd be interested in.
Roads to Madness: The Touring History of Queensr˙che (1981-1997) - At the printer! Out in May 2024!

Pre-order now at www.roadstomadness.com!

Offline jackbauer114

• I DO COCAINE!
« Reply #39 on: June 04, 2010, 03:39:26 PM »
Portnoy: Dont really care, sorry lol
Petrucci: More solo albums!
Myung: I would love to see some bass oriented solo albums from him. The songs in his instructional video are very chill and melodic.
Jordan: Dont really care, lol.
JLB: I suppose he would do the broadway thing.

Offline Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
« Reply #40 on: June 04, 2010, 06:48:48 PM »
I would kill myself before finding out what they all did with their careers.

Offline ScioPath

• the king of dance
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #41 on: June 04, 2010, 07:06:58 PM »
MP: Full Time A7X and Transatlantic

JR: Creates some sort of breakthrough technology that combines a Synthesizer, a Piano, a Beard, an iPad, a Continuum, a Tenori-On, a Wizard, and the :metal smiley.

JP: Continues to shred, puts in a few solo albums here and there. Is reborn as Jesus.

JMX: Practices somewhere quietly while the rest of the world is goofing off

JLB: Changes name back to Kevin, and then back to James; ruptures his vocal chords in a tragic accident involving a shovel misfire.

JackBauer144: Dont really care, sorry lol.

Offline reneranucci

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #42 on: June 04, 2010, 08:11:33 PM »
Nice  :lol

I mean, nice but I don´t really care, lol

Offline DarkLord_Lalinc

• pr0nman extraordinaire
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Hostages love me
« Reply #43 on: June 04, 2010, 10:11:41 PM »
People saying that one of MP's highlighted projects would be Transatlantic are not not probably taking into account that Neal Morse, Roine Stolt and Pete Trewavas are not available full time. It seems Transatlantic's next reunion will not take another 10 years, but it's definitely not taking place soon.
MAN FUCK YOU KUJA.
The Darklord is amazing

Online The Letter M

« Reply #44 on: June 04, 2010, 10:21:36 PM »
People saying that one of MP's highlighted projects would be Transatlantic are not not probably taking into account that Neal Morse, Roine Stolt and Pete Trewavas are not available full time. It seems Transatlantic's next reunion will not take another 10 years, but it's definitely not taking place soon.

True, and it largely hinges on Neal's plans. Roine, on the other hand, hasn't done anything with TFK since 2008, and has only done side-projects since 2009 (Agents Of Mercy, 3rd World Electric and Transatlantic). Pete has been kept busy with Marillion, but they don't tour as often as DT or Neal do, so I'm sure he'd have time to do some TA sessions/writing and touring.

I'm sure if Mike was freed up from DT, he'd definitely pitch the idea to Roine and Pete and see what Neal says. It would probably entice Roine to the point of nearly giving up on TFK, and I'm sure the boys in Marillion would be happy to see Pete play with these other guys for a little while between major Marillion albums and tours (or even just the Conventions at least).

Either way, Mike would still be sure to drum for Neal, be it for Transatlantic or his solo albums.

-Marc.
ATTENTION - HAKEN FANS! The HAKEN SURVIVOR 2023 has begun! You can check it out in the Polls/Survivors Forum!!!

Offline black_biff_stadler

• 6th place finalist at New Orleans Skullet Fest 2010
  • DT.net Member
  • blackwater_floyd, get it?
« Reply #45 on: June 05, 2010, 06:43:18 AM »
I would kill myself before finding out what they all did with their careers.

Sheeeeiiit, I could getcha to do that by simply pouring denatured alcohol on a DVD of avatar and setting it ablaze right in front of you. :)
Users who've sigged me (Join today!): LCArenas, Jakartabassplayer, LeeHarveyKennedy, Global Laziness, Portrucci, obscure, FlyingBIZKIT, alirocker08, senecadawg2, DebraKadabra, JayOctavarium, Cedar redaC, (almost) bout to crash, ? (the forum member, not the fucking punctuation mark), Zeltar, lonestar, ASacrificedSon

Offline Perpetual Change

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #46 on: June 05, 2010, 08:56:32 AM »

...Or they're just having fun in a thread that's all hypothetical, anyway ;D

Offline DarkLord_Lalinc

• pr0nman extraordinaire
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Hostages love me
« Reply #47 on: June 05, 2010, 09:02:03 AM »
Sorry, I just got consumed by srs business and forgot about the power of fun  :millahhhh
MAN FUCK YOU KUJA.
The Darklord is amazing

Offline BRGM

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #48 on: June 05, 2010, 02:08:48 PM »
MP!: Write and play Music with Neal MOrse and that Randy George or w/e his name was, SOla Scriptura and One are awesome albums.
JP: I like his solo stuff, continue with that, and do some G3 tours and so on
JR: I like when him and JP is doing stuff, like the "An evening with" they did like 10 years ago, and he can play with all his new musical toys, it's allways awesome to see and hear
JM(what does the X stands for? :S) I don't know really, he's a very good bassist and I'd like to see him do something cool with someone.
JLB: Whatever he wants, maybe that broadway thingy

Offline Pyroph

« Reply #49 on: June 05, 2010, 03:15:42 PM »
Unleash all the reigns on JM and have him do solo stuff yesplz.