Author Topic: The Gorillaz Thread  (Read 1362 times)

Offline Slain

The Gorillaz Thread
« on: May 31, 2010, 09:55:58 AM »
What do you guys think of them? I found a thread a while back about Plastic Beach, but it was fairly old. So I thought i'd start a new one... I actually don't own any of their albums currently, I really liked the two tracks I heard from Plastic Beach though (Empire Ants, and Stylo) and most everything from Demon Days

They're a pretty cool band, what do you think of their new album, especially?
Quote from: MarlaHooch
Just amazing.  DT should count their lucky stars that some of their fans are at this level of unconditional cult worship.

Offline PuffyPat

• DTF.org Member
Re: The Gorillaz Thread
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2010, 09:59:47 AM »
I like the Gorillaz in small doses. Their music gets really boring for me really fast, and it's hard to listen to them a lot. Although whenever Feel Good INC. comes on I always listen to it because that song is awesome.
prog sucks
Even if you're not serious, I'm going to pretend you are and use this as proof that not all heroes wear capes.

Online Zantera

• Wolfman's brother
  • DTF.org Member
  • Bouncing around the room
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2010, 10:51:35 AM »
I like the Gorillaz in small doses. Their music gets really boring for me really fast, and it's hard to listen to them a lot. Although whenever Feel Good INC. comes on I always listen to it because that song is awesome.

Pretty much sums up what i think about them. :P

Offline Sigz

• BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD
  • DTF.org Member
  • THRONES FOR THE THRONE SKULL
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2010, 12:49:13 PM »
I don't particularly care for Plastic Beach at all. Demon Days is brilliant though, and the live DVD for it is amazing.
The world is a stage, but the play is badly cast.

Offline Slain

« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2010, 01:57:33 PM »
I don't particularly care for Plastic Beach at all. Demon Days is brilliant though, and the live DVD for it is amazing.

Stylo was a song that I didn't really like at all at first, and it grew on me after a while. Haven't listened to the whole CD
Quote from: MarlaHooch
Just amazing.  DT should count their lucky stars that some of their fans are at this level of unconditional cult worship.

Offline Bombardana

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2010, 02:05:01 PM »
Gorillaz rule OK.

Offline Volk9

• DTF's Representative of the Negro Community
  • Pokeballs got nothin' on this
« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2010, 08:17:35 PM »
Actually I like their newest album a lot. Damon sort of acts more as a composer/director instead of a main player. But he does a really good job with it.
DOWNLOAD MY FREE NEW ALBUM!

(For fans of breakbeat, trip hop, acid jazz, etc)

https://abstractinthesky.com/

<br />Yeah, once you graduate high school, you need to listen to Death Metal like an adult.<br />

Offline PuffyPat

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2010, 07:22:12 PM »
Speaking of Damon, has anyone listened to the new(ish) Blur yet?
prog sucks
Even if you're not serious, I'm going to pretend you are and use this as proof that not all heroes wear capes.

Offline Zeltar

• Have a drink, it'll make me look younger.
« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2010, 04:11:59 PM »
They're cool. The only songs I really know by them are Feel Good inc and Clint Eastwood and those songs are BADASS. The other stuff I've heard by them is pretty good too.

Offline thecrowing

• DTF's Resident Child of the Fence
  • Help me Cosmia; I'm grieving!
« Reply #9 on: June 03, 2010, 07:09:49 PM »
Oh man, I love Gorillaz. Their music definitely takes me places no other band does. I mean, I can listen to stoner music all day and think of it as just that but, Gorillaz is more than that, imho. The first album is kinda whacky and pre-mature and has a few high points scattered throughout. Demon Days is a diamond in the rough, though. After around the 10th listen and all the trippy stuff seems to be on a "normality" par with the singles, everything blends together and the album as a whole is flawless and beyond for what it is.

Buuuuuutttt.....

When I bought Plastic Beach a few weeks and listened to it for the first time... I don't smoke and neither does my mom but I could have sworn I smelled pot around the 3rd song and throughout.

Offline Volk9

• DTF's Representative of the Negro Community
  • Pokeballs got nothin' on this
« Reply #10 on: June 04, 2010, 09:50:29 AM »
Empire Ants is an amazing song
DOWNLOAD MY FREE NEW ALBUM!

(For fans of breakbeat, trip hop, acid jazz, etc)

https://abstractinthesky.com/

<br />Yeah, once you graduate high school, you need to listen to Death Metal like an adult.<br />