Author Topic: Meeting The Band  (Read 3815 times)

Offline TTTSTA

• GRRRRR
Meeting The Band
« on: May 27, 2010, 04:59:34 PM »
Hey Everyone, what is the best way to go about meeting the band this time around since they are not doing M&G this tour??? Are they the type of guys where if you could wait by the bus they will spend sometime with you??? Just wondering as i am going to 6 shows on the maiden tour and i am really hoping to grab a autograph and pics with the guys!

Just looking for some advice!

Nick
Sig removed for being too Gaahl!

Offline orcus116

• DT.net Veteran
Re: Meeting The Band
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2010, 05:01:45 PM »
Waiting around the bus might work especially if you're in the shadows.

Offline TTTSTA

• GRRRRR
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2010, 05:02:40 PM »
Waiting around the bus might work especially if you're in the shadows.

IDK if you are being funny, but i am very respectful of your choice to listen to Cannonball Adderley in your last.fm counter is great!
Sig removed for being too Gaahl!

Offline orcus116

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2010, 05:04:34 PM »
 :tup

In seriousness the only time I've been able to meet any of the guys was actually not at DT shows. Met Jordan at a Blackfield show and Portnoy after an Opeth show. I think they get on the bus and go after their shows to be honest but someone around here might have had some luck.

Offline rumborak

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2010, 10:03:11 PM »
I have to say, the only time I would be interested in meeting DT is if they were seriously interested in meeting me too. That is, if one year down the road they would still say "Hey Rumborak, good to meet you again!". It might sound pretentious, but I just hate the idea of diminutively standing in front of somebody. Ever been at a party where the girl of your interest is surrounded by a flock of guys? Same situation, I feel bad being part of it.

rumborak
« Last Edit: May 28, 2010, 10:11:15 PM by Jabba the rak »
"I liked when Myung looked like a women's figure skating champion."

Offline black_biff_stadler

• 6th place finalist at New Orleans Skullet Fest 2010
  • DT.net Member
  • blackwater_floyd, get it?
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2010, 03:04:32 PM »
I have to say, the only time I would be interested in meeting DT is if they were seriously interested in meeting me too. That is, if one year down the road they would still say "Hey Rumborak, good to meet you again!". It might sound pretentious, but I just hate the idea of diminutively standing in front of somebody. Ever been at a party where the girl of your interest is surrounded by a flock of guys? Same situation, I feel bad being part of it.

rumborak

Just scream "OHMYGOD OHMYGOD OHMYGOD!!! I PLAY YOO GAIZ SHIT ALL THE TYME NOTE 4 NOTE AND YOOR SOOOOO GRATE!! LETZ HAV A MILLION GERMANIC BEARS 4 OFFSPRING JOHNNY!! OH GOD YOOR SO FYNE!!!"
Users who've sigged me (Join today!): LCArenas, Jakartabassplayer, LeeHarveyKennedy, Global Laziness, Portrucci, obscure, FlyingBIZKIT, alirocker08, senecadawg2, DebraKadabra, JayOctavarium, Cedar redaC, (almost) bout to crash, ? (the forum member, not the fucking punctuation mark), Zeltar, lonestar, ASacrificedSon

Offline contest_sanity

« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2010, 06:51:27 PM »
Just scream "OHMYGOD OHMYGOD OHMYGOD!!! I PLAY YOO GAIZ SHIT ALL THE TYME NOTE 4 NOTE AND YOOR SOOOOO GRATE!! LETZ HAV A MILLION GERMANIC BEARS 4 OFFSPRING JOHNNY!! OH GOD YOOR SO FYNE!!!"
This worked for me.

Online Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2010, 07:18:49 PM »

rumborak

Do you have to yell it all misspelled like that? I mean, it sounds the same orally, how would the band know? Couldn't you just put that on a sign and hold it up?
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline contest_sanity

« Reply #8 on: June 02, 2010, 07:48:30 PM »
Do you have to yell it all misspelled like that? I mean, it sounds the same orally, how would the band know? Couldn't you just put that on a sign and hold it up?
That's how the "texting" generation yells things.

• DT.net Member
« Reply #9 on: June 02, 2010, 07:52:46 PM »

Read my profile and observe our staggering age gap

Also, are y'all just being sarcastic or are y'all seriously unaware that the posting style I did that post in was to obviously convey someone babbling in an immature starstruck manner. Not arguing here but just asking.
Users who've sigged me (Join today!): LCArenas, Jakartabassplayer, LeeHarveyKennedy, Global Laziness, Portrucci, obscure, FlyingBIZKIT, alirocker08, senecadawg2, DebraKadabra, JayOctavarium, Cedar redaC, (almost) bout to crash, ? (the forum member, not the fucking punctuation mark), Zeltar, lonestar, ASacrificedSon

Offline contest_sanity

« Reply #10 on: June 02, 2010, 08:02:46 PM »

Read my profile and observe our staggering age gap

Also, are y'all just being sarcastic or are y'all seriously unaware that the posting style I did that post in was to obviously convey someone babbling in an immature starstruck manner. Not arguing here but just asking.
I was being sarcastic, and I'm sure Adami was as well.  I thought your post was quite funny, actually.

Offline cowboymafia

• manflesh
« Reply #11 on: June 03, 2010, 08:17:55 AM »
take one of their kids hostage
i haven't had a woman in years

Offline ACID_FOX

• DTF's Offical Arctic Monkeys Fanboy.
  • But You're Just Fiction, And I'm A Twisted Boy.
« Reply #12 on: June 04, 2010, 11:14:15 AM »

This also works.
I only like ablums that I can xanascholithoun.

• DT.net Member
« Reply #13 on: June 04, 2010, 02:44:36 PM »

DT world tour '11: Now featuring every South American country EXCEPT Columbia

Offline MajorMatt

• DT.net Member
« Reply #14 on: June 04, 2010, 03:16:14 PM »
When I met most of the guys (i say most because Portnoy was already at the venue), I was just in the hotel lobby asking the receptionist a few questions. I turned round and JP was stood behind me, we chatted and did the whole autograph/picture thing, then JMX came out of the elevator, i turned round a lo and behold James is stood there and he says hello and finally behind James sat on the couch was Jordan. I just chatted with the guys and got autographs/pics and they also got a promo pic and signed it during the intermission of the show, so I could get Mike's autograph, which they left at the Box Office for me to collect.

All in all an awesome experience, I still hope to meet MP one day.

Just remember if you do bump into them, stay cool and they are all awesome guys to chat with.

Matt

Online Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
« Reply #15 on: June 04, 2010, 03:28:03 PM »
I already know what's gonna happen if I meet Petrucci.

"Hi, I'm john...."
"Hi john, so I got a question for you...
"shoot"
"......no one dared to? Seriously? No one? Then how did anyone live long enough to tell the story? huh john? Your words are lies!"
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline Aniland

« Reply #16 on: June 05, 2010, 09:04:31 PM »
When I met most of the guys (i say most because Portnoy was already at the venue), I was just in the hotel lobby asking the receptionist a few questions. I turned round and JP was stood behind me, we chatted and did the whole autograph/picture thing, then JMX came out of the elevator, i turned round a lo and behold James is stood there and he says hello and finally behind James sat on the couch was Jordan. I just chatted with the guys and got autographs/pics and they also got a promo pic and signed it during the intermission of the show, so I could get Mike's autograph, which they left at the Box Office for me to collect.

All in all an awesome experience, I still hope to meet MP one day.

Just remember if you do bump into them, stay cool and they are all awesome guys to chat with.

Matt

Badass story. You got lucky.

Offline icysk8r

• DTF Resident Magician
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • www.bedeceived.com
« Reply #17 on: June 06, 2010, 12:08:51 AM »

"Hi, I'm john...."
"shoot"
"......no one dared to? Seriously? No one? Then how did anyone live long enough to tell the story? huh john? Your words are lies!"
What is this, I don't even?
www.bedeceived.com

ZOMG WHAT'S AT BEDECEIVED.COM?

I DUNNO!  CLICK THE DARNED LINK TO FIND OUT!

Offline BRGM

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #18 on: June 06, 2010, 03:02:52 AM »

"Hi, I'm john...."
"shoot"

Yeah....I don't get it  :-\ :mehlin

Offline AwakeFromOctavarium

• Penguin wins by default.
« Reply #19 on: June 06, 2010, 03:22:52 AM »

"Hi, I'm john...."
"shoot"

Yeah....I don't get it  :-\ :mehlin
I don't get it, that's why it's funny. :lol
<br />Girls are like square roots; If they\\\'re under 18, do them in your head.<br />
You Americans feed the bears with bacon! That's why they've grown so ferocious!

Offline BRGM

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #20 on: June 06, 2010, 03:58:23 AM »
Hahaha x'D

Offline Birch Boy

• DTF's Heavy Metal Hippie
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #21 on: June 06, 2010, 07:45:04 AM »
I've never done the wait-outside-the-bus thing... I didn't know normal people off the street could access where the bus is?