Author Topic: Y&T perform cover of Rainbow In The Dark at release party  (Read 1604 times)

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
Y&T perform cover of Rainbow In The Dark at release party
« on: May 24, 2010, 07:27:28 PM »
Y&T played The Fillmore in SF this past weekend to celebrate the release of their new album and busted out a very cool cover of Rainbow In The Dark as a tribute to Ronnie.  I love how they used the rythm guitar to play what would normally be the keyboard part.  Too bad they didn't have more time.  I know Dave has the chops to pull of that solo, but just didn't have the time to practice it enough to do it justice.

Video here:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mQKs56Np61s
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
Re: Y&T perform cover of Rainbow In The Dark at release party
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2010, 04:25:03 AM »
Amazing vocals from Meniketti, thanks for sharing Bosk.  This shows how underrated he was as a vocalist.  The lack of love for Y&T here makes me sad  :-[
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Offline Sir GuitarCozmo

• Official Forum Sous Chef and broler5
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Kelly Clarkson BEEFS
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2010, 06:22:33 AM »
Outstanding.  Good call on tuning it down.  That's a DAMN tough vocal in the original key.  Very cool.  Great vocals, great energy.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2010, 05:27:04 AM »
Y&T played The Fillmore in SF this past weekend to celebrate the release of their new album and busted out a very cool cover of Rainbow In The Dark as a tribute to Ronnie.  I love how they used the rythm guitar to play what would normally be the keyboard part.  Too bad they didn't have more time.  I know Dave has the chops to pull of that solo, but just didn't have the time to practice it enough to do it justice.

Video here:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mQKs56Np61s

I don't know, maybe Dave just wanted to skip the instrumental parts to truely make it a tribute just to Dio, especially with all the beef that was between Dio and Vivian.  There's no question about Dave's chops, he would play Vivian's solo with one hand and it would have sounded good, even still if he wanted to include a solo Dave is no stranger to improvisation.  Plus the solo isn't exactly the hardest in the world.

Maybe I'm just reading too much into this.
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2010, 05:48:21 AM »
I would love to hear Meniketti do a serious cover of Shame On The Night.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline EPICVIEW

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2010, 01:29:14 PM »
Thats classy!! I thank them for doing that.
"its so relieving to know that your leaving as soon as you get paid, Its so relaxing to know that your asking now that you got your way"