Author Topic: Bono injured; U2 summer tour up in the air?  (Read 6694 times)

Offline Quadrochosis

• DTF.org Alumni
  • We Are Not Alone
Re: Bono injured; U2 summer tour up in the air?
« Reply #35 on: May 23, 2010, 10:25:06 PM »
I was being quite serious, I don't even know why I didn't like him, people must have said something to me a while ago about him being a jerk and I always just remembered it.

Gotcha. :tup :tup

Yea one of the things I dislike about myself. I tend to remember things people tell me, but exaggerate them and then over time incorporate them as my opinions. I honestly have no reason to dislike Bono and it kept me from listening to their music for a long, long time. Fortunately I got past that a year ago and have been enjoying their music since, although I still held onto that view for some reason.
space cadet, pull out.
The only thing I enjoy more than Frengers is pleasing myself anally via the prostate.
"From my butt, I can see your house..."

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #36 on: May 23, 2010, 10:31:16 PM »
I can totally understand dislike for a musician keeping someone from trying out a band, but I have always been pretty good about not letting it get to me enough to ruin the enjoyment.  Heck, if I had to stop listening to bands because I didn't like the personality of one of the members, I would lose two of my all-time favorites (Floyd/Waters and DT/Portnoy).  To me, it's all about the music.  But when I find a band where all of the members are all pretty likable (like Rush!), it definitely is a pretty awesome bonus. :metal

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #37 on: May 25, 2010, 12:48:52 PM »
From u2.com:

Tour promoters Live Nation have confirmed that the 16 U2360° shows from Salt Lake City on June 3rd, through to New Jersey's Meadowlands Stadium on July 19th, will be rescheduled for 2011.

U2 tour producer/promoter Arthur Fogel, CEO of Live Nation Global Touring, said, 'Although we understand the disappointment to U2 fans, first and foremost comes the recovery of Bono.'

Additional details on rescheduled dates will follow shortly and fans are encouraged to hold on to their tickets. We'll have all the information on U2.com as soon as it's confirmed.

Can't say I am surprised.  You don't recover from back surgery just like that.  

More:

Bono has now been discharged from Ludwig Maximilians-University (LMU) Hospital in Munich where he underwent emergency surgery on Friday, following a back injury. In order to fully recover, he is under doctor's orders to start a rehabilitation program and to recuperate for at least eight weeks.

Dr Muller Wohlfahrt confirmed, 'Bono suffered severe compression of the sciatic nerve. On review of his MRI scan, I realized there was a serious tear in the ligament and a herniated disc, and that conservative treatment would not suffice. I recommended Bono have emergency spine surgery with Professor Tonn at Munich's LMU University Hospital on Friday.'

Professor Tonn, who carried out the operation, added, 'Bono was referred to me by Dr Muller Wohlfahrt late last week with a sudden onset disease. He was already in severe pain with partial paralysis in the lower leg. The ligament surrounding the disc had an 8mm tear and during surgery we discovered fragments of the disc had traveled into the spinal canal. This surgery was the only course of treatment for full recovery and to avoid further paralysis. Bono is now much better, with complete recovery of his motor deficit. The prognosis is excellent but to obtain a sustainable result, he must now enter a period of rehabilitation'.

Dr Muller Wohlfahrt continued, 'We are treating Bono as we would treat any of our athletes and while the surgery has gone very well, the coming weeks are crucial for a return to full health. In the next days, he will start a light rehabilitation program, with increasing intensity over the next 8 weeks. In our experience, this is the minimum time.'
« Last Edit: May 25, 2010, 12:54:32 PM by KevShmev »

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #38 on: November 01, 2010, 01:01:08 PM »
U2 is coming to St. Louis next July!!!!!!!!! :hat :hat :hat :hat :hat :hat :hat :hat

Online Shadow2222

« Reply #39 on: November 01, 2010, 02:43:45 PM »
I just heard that Bonos charity organization has gathered over 15 million dollars in donations but has only given 150,000 to actually help people.

I don't know how true it is though and I can't look it up right now.
"A pitch black night unfolds with the morning star as its only light... and thus the saga... begins" - Shenhua (Shenmue series)

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #40 on: November 01, 2010, 03:19:16 PM »
That is inaccurate.  ONE (the foundation) is not a charity, but a non-profit advocacy group, which is clearly stated all over their website.  They exist to raise awareness and promote its campaign, and a ONE spokesman has said that most of its funding and donations have come from the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation, so this is much ado about nothing.