Author Topic: Question about Score.  (Read 1228 times)

Offline Raise the Drum

• ::::::::::|...|::::::::::
  • Ñ
Question about Score.
« on: May 02, 2014, 05:41:24 PM »
I've always wondered if the audience was aware that it was going to be an orchestra playing along with DT.
or was it all a complete surprise?

I don't remember any of the promos that were made for this event.
Maybe it was announced like "A very special surprise"
I don't know.
I don't remember.
please help!
haha
 ;D

Offline AnotherDimension

Re: Question about Score.
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2014, 05:44:38 PM »
I believe it was a surprise.

Offline robwebster

« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2014, 05:44:54 PM »
It wasn't confirmed until the day, but MP had announced it would be a special show, and people had deduced that might've been what was going on. It wasn't a bolt from the blue, but it wasn't anything they'd officially confirmed.

If my memory serves me correctly, anyway!

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2014, 05:53:53 PM »
That is correct.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline Raise the Drum

• ::::::::::|...|::::::::::
  • Ñ
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2014, 06:09:17 PM »
wow :o

I can't imagine all the people minds blown that night.
I guess at least one fan didn't suspect anything until SDoIT's overture began.
That feeling must have been amazing.

Offline Madman Shepherd

« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2014, 06:11:06 PM »
It wasn't confirmed until the day, but MP had announced it would be a special show

Well technically it wasn't officially confirmed until the curtain rose but yeah, most people guessed what it was, especially after it looked like they weren't using the whole stage for the first set. 

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2014, 06:21:43 PM »
I can't speculate about fans who were not forum members, but I suspect most had no idea.  But on the forums, there had been speculation posted that they might do that given (1) that it was announced that it would be a special show, and (2) Octavarium really lent itself to having an orchestra.  To add to that, they had been regularly rotating 4 of the 8 movements of Six Degrees on the tour.  In the last few dates leading up to that show, they rehearsed the other 4 movements in sound checks (I think they actually played the two in their sets).  I remember sending a PM to hef saying:  "They are going to play all of Six Degrees!  Probably with an orchestra!"  Or something along those lines.  But, again, outside of the forums, for the general public who doesn't follow every set played and every announcement from the band, I don't think many people deduced what was going to happen.
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline Zook

• Evil Incarnate
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take My Hand
« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2014, 08:15:30 PM »
I remember someone saying on here that the curtain was slightly moved and the orchestra was spoiled for them.

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2014, 05:42:18 AM »
I remember sending a PM to hef saying:  "They are going to play all of Six Degrees!  Probably with an orchestra!"  Or something along those lines.  But, again, outside of the forums, for the general public who doesn't follow every set played and every announcement from the band, I don't think many people deduced what was going to happen.
Yes, this.  There was speculation among some circles, but there was no announcement whatsoever.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.