Author Topic: Korn Thread  (Read 33179 times)

Offline Gadough

• DTF.org Alumni
Re: Korn Thread
« Reply #140 on: August 09, 2012, 01:05:29 PM »
Posted on Korn's Facebook page.

Gadough isn't Hitler. He's much, much worse.

Offline Nel

• Humorless Bore
« Reply #141 on: August 09, 2012, 02:23:50 PM »
welp, she turned out cute.
Hire me. I'm talentless but malleable.

Offline black_biff_stadler

• 6th place finalist at New Orleans Skullet Fest 2010
  • DT.net Member
  • blackwater_floyd, get it?
« Reply #142 on: August 11, 2012, 12:30:55 AM »
Now we just need her in a hot catholic school uniform since I wouldn't recommend using the one from the album cover on a grownup. Too unflattering and weird.
Users who've sigged me (Join today!): LCArenas, Jakartabassplayer, LeeHarveyKennedy, Global Laziness, Portrucci, obscure, FlyingBIZKIT, alirocker08, senecadawg2, DebraKadabra, JayOctavarium, Cedar redaC, (almost) bout to crash, ? (the forum member, not the fucking punctuation mark), Zeltar, lonestar, ASacrificedSon

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #143 on: August 12, 2012, 03:26:41 AM »
Damn, she's beautiful.
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Offline Gadough

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #144 on: August 13, 2012, 03:50:11 AM »
Yeah, I'd like to swing with her if you know what I mean olol

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #145 on: August 13, 2012, 04:45:18 AM »
Yeah, I'd like to swing with her if you know what I mean olol

Offline Gadough

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #146 on: August 13, 2012, 04:49:45 AM »

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #147 on: August 13, 2012, 04:53:27 AM »
 :lol

• DT.net Member
« Reply #148 on: August 13, 2012, 05:25:32 AM »
Well played Drewcifer :lol
Users who've sigged me (Join today!): LCArenas, Jakartabassplayer, LeeHarveyKennedy, Global Laziness, Portrucci, obscure, FlyingBIZKIT, alirocker08, senecadawg2, DebraKadabra, JayOctavarium, Cedar redaC, (almost) bout to crash, ? (the forum member, not the fucking punctuation mark), Zeltar, lonestar, ASacrificedSon

Offline Pelata

• Extremus Melodicus
« Reply #149 on: August 13, 2012, 08:46:17 AM »
My son picked up some Korn CDs not too long ago in one of our used CD excursions. While playing them on the way home, I found that Korn was not quite as godawful as I remembered.  :lol

It's nothing I'd go out of my way to listen to, but it wasn't bad.

Offline OsMosis2259

• Pretty Pretty Pretty Good!
« Reply #150 on: January 21, 2013, 01:39:09 PM »
So Head (Korn ex-guitarist) has an album coming out tomorrow with his band titled Love and Death. He is the main songwriter and also is the vocalist. You can listen to the album-stream right here:

Cool modern production and it grooves pretty hard like the old Korn days in my opinion.

https://www.billboard.com/new-releases/love-and-death-album-premiere-between-here-1008091562.story#/new-releases/love-and-death-album-premiere-between-here-1008091562.story

Offline Gadough

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #151 on: January 21, 2013, 02:43:58 PM »
Head's solo material just goes to show how important he was to their early sound. He's playing a handful of Korn shows in Europe this summer, so here's to hoping he eventually rejoins.

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #152 on: January 21, 2013, 02:52:57 PM »
Ray Luzier > KoRn > Burned to Death > Limp Bizkit.

Offline Nel

• Humorless Bore
« Reply #153 on: December 04, 2013, 01:42:57 AM »
So... bought the deluxe version of The Paradigm Shift when it came out in October. Deluxe version came with a code for a "free" shirt from the website. Spent an hour looking on the store site for a place to input the code, and eventually had to look on a completely separate fansite to figure out the web address for the code. So yeah, great interface, Korn store. Put in the code. Shipping and handling + tax brings the "free" shirt from $0 to about $9. Fine, fuck it, I roll with it, enter my shipping info, get the receipt email. 7-10 shipping days.

That was two months ago now. I just remembered that I ordered the damn thing while going through my emails (of course I forgot, it's a fucking Korn shirt), and replied asking what the fuck happened. I wouldn't really care, but I was still charged $9. Give me my shirt I'll never wear!

...Album's alright too. Personally prefer the dubstep album, but this one's certainly better than Korn III: Remember Who You Are.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #154 on: December 04, 2013, 04:03:37 AM »
I got the deluxe version too, but I never noticed the free t-shirt.  Might have to look more closely.  I wasn't too keen on the album.  It's a pretty standard affair.  The first two tracks were excellent but everything after that was just okay.  I probably would prefer the debstep album too.

Offline Nel

• Humorless Bore
« Reply #155 on: December 04, 2013, 11:17:17 AM »
Well, some of the Best Buy versions have their own exclusive T-Shirt in the box, but the one I bought was just the digipack that came with a small little piece of paper with a download code.

I agree too. The first two tracks are pretty cool, but I can't really remember the rest of the album for the life of me.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #156 on: December 04, 2013, 06:48:12 PM »
I remember the bonus tracks being better than a lot of the actual album tracks.

Offline Nel

• Humorless Bore
« Reply #157 on: December 04, 2013, 08:40:06 PM »
They emailed me back. Apparently I missed the part of the receipt that says "6-8 business weeks" even though it clearly says 7-10 shipping days. Ah well. Guess I'll wait. At least they emailed me back.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #158 on: December 04, 2013, 08:54:52 PM »
6-8 business weeks?  :rollin  What the hell?!  Oh well, at least you may still get it.  Still need to check my copy.

Offline Nel

• Humorless Bore
« Reply #159 on: December 04, 2013, 09:10:40 PM »
That's what the email back says, I swear.  :lol I'll give it three more weeks before I bug them again. But the receipt email mentions that nowhere. I feel like the store team is just making shit up to cover their ass.

Offline OsMosis2259

« Reply #160 on: December 04, 2013, 10:39:29 PM »
I thought the album wasn't THAT special as well. I was very looking forward to it.

However, track 2 is probably the best track since Untouchables  :metal  :metal

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #161 on: December 04, 2013, 11:05:56 PM »
However, track 2 is probably the best track since Untouchables  :metal  :metal

I'd probably agree with this.  I had high expectations for it after hearing that song, but unfortunately the rest of the album didn't live up to it.

• DT.net Member
« Reply #162 on: December 04, 2013, 11:11:44 PM »
I used to like korn a decent bit and despite being a shitty guitarist I can effortlessly write shit on par or better than Untouchables. Y'all think they may have reached an Ulrichian level of complacence?

Offline NotePad

« Reply #163 on: December 10, 2013, 11:57:45 PM »
I'v listened to Korn. I own their first album, and See you on the other side. The first one has a different sound then everything after. I enjoy See You on the other side. They write very simple riffs, but they're heavy as fuck and i love that.

But the downside to them is that they always do the same thing. They always say they're doing something different with each release, but they're all essentially the same. Just with a little more electronic sound, or less. They never evolved like their peers, notable Deftones (even Tool, who are STILL lumped with them. But if you listen to Tools first album, i can kinda see why. Then listen what Tool did next. Thats evolution goddamnit). I know people say that a lot about Korn. But it's true and quite a shame. They have their niche and will never ever leave it.

Should i check out their lasted cd?

Offline Nel

• Humorless Bore
« Reply #164 on: December 11, 2013, 12:26:10 AM »
Based on what you've said, I'd say no. Part of the hype for this album was that an old member was returning and they were "going back to their older sound", which is pretty much "we're not evolving" in a nutshell.  :D

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #165 on: December 11, 2013, 03:40:00 AM »
Based on what you've said, I'd say no.

Offline PixelDream

• Maestro
« Reply #166 on: December 11, 2013, 07:30:47 AM »
Check out Untouchables, at least. It's worth it.
Not 'Down To F***', but 'Dream Theater Forums' .

Offline OsMosis2259

« Reply #167 on: December 11, 2013, 08:40:11 AM »
Korn was one of the bands that got me into metal especially with the first four albums. I listened to all of their albums but I don't seem to have that same excitement as I used to with their music. Not really surprised because I was a younger kid back then and this can happen with any music after listening too much... however, Untouchables is still a pretty killer album.

The production, the sound, and it just sounded like Korn but kinda matured a bit.

Korn, Life is Peachy, Follow the Leader, and Issues are the "classic" Korn albums.
Untouchables is very consistent.
Afterwards all the albums had a few good songs on them but was just kind of there...

You can feel Head's absence on the later albums. The riffs just didn't have that beef/thickness that he really brought.

Did anyone listen to Head's side project Love and Death? That album was killer!

• DT.net Member
« Reply #168 on: December 11, 2013, 12:36:43 PM »
I thought Issues was a massive letdown and that Untouchables was a return to form.

Offline NotePad

« Reply #169 on: December 11, 2013, 12:45:34 PM »
I was sort of analyzing their music the other day drive listening to see you on the other side.

They write some very catchy music. Songs often start with a simple riff, which is usually very very heavy and downtuned. The lyrics are for the most part about topics most young people can relate to. Most songs have a chorus that is very catchy. It's like they purposely aim for the greatest common denominator when writing their music. There is always something there that SOMEONE will enjoy. Therefor their music is commercial and mainstream. They want to branch out, but want to stay simple.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #170 on: December 11, 2013, 04:46:07 PM »
Issues is actually my fav album.  Untouchables was great too.

Offline dparrott

« Reply #171 on: December 02, 2014, 07:19:16 PM »
Can anyone confirm that the new pic disc of Paradigm Shift has an exclusive track? All the track lists I see have the same songs as the deluxe version.
"I don't know nuttin about nuttin" - Marshawn Lynch

The very soul of what was once real music is now lost in a digital quagmire of emotionless sonic madness.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #172 on: December 02, 2014, 07:33:13 PM »
I'm not sure about the pic disc, but the tour edition had a new song called 'Hater' I believe.  I didn't bother getting it, the album hasn't aged that well for me to be honest.

Offline Nel

• Humorless Bore
« Reply #173 on: December 03, 2014, 01:03:13 AM »
All I know is that "Hater" is a terrible song and I don't regret not waiting for the tour edition at all. And yeah, I agree. Paradigm Shift had no staying power for me at all.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #174 on: July 22, 2016, 06:38:50 AM »
New Korn if anyone gives a fuck;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nq9j1qkj2Vc&feature=youtu.be

This is actually pretty damn good.  Hopefully it's not a false representation of the album, this is like Follow the Leader style, good shit.