Author Topic: Megadeth  (Read 354998 times)

Offline 73109

• DTF.org Member
Re: Megadeth
« Reply #805 on: January 23, 2011, 09:49:29 AM »
Depending on what time of year, they could either play Madison Square Garden (20,000 people) or Yankee Stadium (52,000 people). Those are my guesses.

If it's a very short tour and this stop is their only East Coast stop than probably YS.

See, that is what I am saying. I mean, when you think about it, their normal back up bands are pretty damn popular. I mean, I saw them on their World Magnetic tour and the first time, they had Machine Head opening for them, and the second time, they had Lamb of God. Two huge metal acts in this generation. So, I mean, I guess Slayer and Megadeth are more popular but not by much. Anthrax isn't as popular. So, they could pack an arena or just go for a stadium. I am hoping for a arena. I hate stadiums with a passion.

Offline Ultimetalhead

• The Mighty Masturbator
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • .ay rof dab s'ti dna...
« Reply #806 on: January 23, 2011, 09:51:02 AM »
Depending on what time of year, they could either play Madison Square Garden (20,000 people) or Yankee Stadium (52,000 people). Those are my guesses.

If it's a very short tour and this stop is their only East Coast stop than probably YS.

See, that is what I am saying. I mean, when you think about it, their normal back up bands are pretty damn popular. I mean, I saw them on their World Magnetic tour and the first time, they had Machine Head opening for them, and the second time, they had Lamb of God. Two huge metal acts in this generation. So, I mean, I guess Slayer and Megadeth are more popular but not by much. Anthrax isn't as popular. So, they could pack an arena or just go for a stadium. I am hoping for a arena. I hate stadiums with a passion.
It's not even a matter of the individual band's popularity. Any self-respecting thrash fan will be at this show, regardless. Playing anything less than stadiums is a terrible idea that will not go over very well.
Orion....that's the one with a bunch of power chords and boringly harsh vocals, isn't it?
LOOK AT THIS AWESOME SHIT AHHHHHH

Offline Birch Boy

• DTF's Heavy Metal Hippie
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #807 on: January 23, 2011, 09:51:24 AM »
I've never seen a concert at a stadium, so I can't really comment. It'd be an interesting experience that I'd love to go to though. The only two acts that I know play stadiums constantly are Dave Matthews Band and that short tour that Eminem and Jay-Z (or Kanye West, I honestly don't know much about rappers besides Eminem lulz).

Offline Scard

• Custom Title
  • RORORO
« Reply #808 on: January 23, 2011, 09:52:20 AM »
Slayer>>Megadeth>Metallica>>>>>>>Anthrax

Offline ClairvoyantCat

• DT is no longer Majesty.
« Reply #809 on: January 23, 2011, 09:53:34 AM »
I need to get my hands back on the original Killing is my Business

Listening to "These Boots"

"You keep saying you got something for me
Something you call luck but *BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEP*
And you've been *BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEP*"

:lol Ruining the greatest cover of all time

Offline 73109

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #810 on: January 23, 2011, 09:56:21 AM »
UMH:

You are right, and I am saying now, they will probably play stadiums. No offense to your favorite bands, because I definitely don't want to come off as a dick, but this is Metallica's gig. They can rake in fans by the thousands. And I understand that you said "any self respecting thrash fan" would go, but do they outnumber the wishy-washy "ENTER SANDMAN!!! :metal " people because those ass holes, are not gonna be there for this one. Metallica's dudes needs to analyze how many people they think they could fit into a stadium and how many would show up. Metallica did a Summer Sanitarium tour with stadiums with bands much more accessible than Slayer, Megadeth, and Anthrax and I do not know how it did

Birch:

Stadiums have advantages and disadvantages, to me, the disadvantages out weigh the advantages.

Offline Ultimetalhead

• The Mighty Masturbator
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #811 on: January 23, 2011, 10:01:05 AM »
UMH:

You are right, and I am saying now, they will probably play stadiums. No offense to your favorite bands, because I definitely don't want to come off as a dick, but this is Metallica's gig. They can rake in fans by the thousands. And I understand that you said "any self respecting thrash fan" would go, but do they outnumber the wishy-washy "ENTER SANDMAN!!! :metal " people because those ass holes, are not gonna be there for this one. Metallica's dudes needs to analyze how many people they think they could fit into a stadium and how many would show up. Metallica did a Summer Sanitarium tour with stadiums with bands much more accessible than Slayer, Megadeth, and Anthrax and I do not know how it did

Well, even if they do lose the "Enter Sandman" people, they will gain people like me who would not go to see Metallica by themselves. I'm sure there's plenty of Megadeth and Slayer fans who have far grown out of Metallica who will go to see this just because of the novelty.
Orion....that's the one with a bunch of power chords and boringly harsh vocals, isn't it?

Offline 73109

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #812 on: January 23, 2011, 10:03:58 AM »
Like I said, you are probably right, but for my own selfish reasons, I want it to be in an arena.

Offline Progmetty

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #813 on: January 23, 2011, 05:44:39 PM »
Are we still arguing who's better Metallica or Megadeth?
Typical, while in the Metallica thread no one is even thinking about discussing anything Megadeth related, what does that tell you.
I love both bands equally, they are equally as good to me, there are pros to each of them that the other doesn't have and same goes for cons, I just wish the exclusive Megadeth fans would get less spiteful and stop the kind of comparing that means to belittle Metallica.
I wouldn't want somebody with 18 kids to mow my damn lawn, based on a longstanding bias I have against crazy fucks.

Offline SPNKr

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #814 on: January 23, 2011, 06:09:36 PM »
I guess thinking Megadeth is 200% better than Metallica is cool. I don't see why any fan should compare. Just enjoy the fuckin' music.

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #815 on: January 24, 2011, 09:08:49 AM »
I know (1) I'm probably in the minority, and (2) it'll never happen anyway, but I really wish they would do another big 4, but ditch Slayer and replace them with Testament, and ditch Anthrax and replace them with Flotsam & Jetsam.  To me, that would make the PERFECT thrash lineup.
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline jsem

« Reply #816 on: January 24, 2011, 09:10:31 AM »
Testament is def greater than Slayer imho  :metal

Offline Zook

• Evil Incarnate
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take My Hand
« Reply #817 on: January 24, 2011, 09:17:28 AM »
Justin Bieber is greater than Slayer.

Offline Gadough

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #818 on: January 24, 2011, 09:18:16 AM »
1. Megadeth
2. Testament
3. Metallica
4. Slayer
5. Justin Bieber
6. Anthrax

My personal ranking.
Gadough isn't Hitler. He's much, much worse.

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #819 on: January 24, 2011, 09:18:29 AM »
F&J are really underrated as well.  Listen to this and try to tell me with a straight face that you did not involuntarily headbang:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C2-xo6CEV2o
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline Global Laziness

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #820 on: January 24, 2011, 10:59:08 AM »
I really wish they would do another big 4, but ditch Slayer and replace them with Testament, and ditch Anthrax and replace them with Flotsam & Jetsam.  To me, that would make the PERFECT thrash lineup.

I've never been able to get into Slayer, so I'd be fine with that change, but I actually like Anthrax. I'd never go see a show of just them, but if they were the opening act for the other three bands, I'd be more than happy with that.
Quote from: Jamesman42
Global Laziness: Speaks for Canada
Quote from: black_floyd
I walked down a spiral staircase in 19/16 in honor of Tom Sawyer and now I'm in crutches.

Offline Dimitrius

• DT.net Member
  • Fuckin' magnets, how do they work?
« Reply #821 on: January 24, 2011, 12:00:18 PM »
I know (1) I'm probably in the minority, and (2) it'll never happen anyway, but I really wish they would do another big 4, but ditch Slayer and replace them with Testament, and ditch Anthrax and replace them with Flotsam & Jetsam.  To me, that would make the PERFECT thrash lineup.
Nah, just ditch Slayer and add Testament and F&J.

Slayer sucks anyway.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2011, 12:10:42 PM by Dimitrius »
Joe and I in the same squad is basically the virtual equivalent of us plowing a rape van through an elementary school playground at recess.

Offline Progmetty

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #822 on: January 24, 2011, 01:54:11 PM »
I'm with bosk, ditch Slayer and Anthrax, Testament and F&J are so much better.
Of course my personal preference would be a Big 2, longer sets from tallica and deth, a very happy audience that stays for the entire show.
I wouldn't want somebody with 18 kids to mow my damn lawn, based on a longstanding bias I have against crazy fucks.

Offline Ultimetalhead

• The Mighty Masturbator
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #823 on: January 24, 2011, 02:06:07 PM »
Better yet, just make a big 8. Metallica, Megadeth, Slayer, Anthrax, Overkill, Exodus, Flotsam & Jetsam, and Testament.

There, everybody wins.

Offline zxlkho

• Official Dream Theater Hater.
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #824 on: January 24, 2011, 02:07:56 PM »
EVERYONE BETTER BE PARTICIPATING IN THE SURVIVOR.

;D
I AM A GUY
You're a fucking stupid bitch.

Offline Samsara

• Queensr˙che Biographer and Historian
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Memory flows...like a river.
« Reply #825 on: January 24, 2011, 02:08:44 PM »
I am just praying the show locally near me (if there is one, and there should be, given the Bay Area) is a Saturday. Going to be tough to do it any other day.
Roads to Madness: The Touring History of Queensr˙che (1981-1997) - At the printer! Out in May 2024!

Pre-order now at www.roadstomadness.com!

Offline Samsara

• Queensr˙che Biographer and Historian
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Memory flows...like a river.
« Reply #826 on: January 24, 2011, 02:10:35 PM »
Just caught "Blood in the Water," the high-def show from San Diego for the second time on HDnet last night.  Man that rocks. Anyone know if it will ever be released? I am assuming it was put on hold because of the RiP 20th Anniversary celebration.
Roads to Madness: The Touring History of Queensr˙che (1981-1997) - At the printer! Out in May 2024!

Pre-order now at www.roadstomadness.com!

Offline Ultimetalhead

• The Mighty Masturbator
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #827 on: January 24, 2011, 02:12:17 PM »
I don't think they'll ever release it, honestly. LoMenzo's not in the band anymore.

Offline ClairvoyantCat

• DT is no longer Majesty.
« Reply #828 on: January 24, 2011, 02:13:41 PM »
Man that rocks.

It's pretty good for a studio album synced to live video.

Seriously, I would rather hear all the mistakes than see that much obvious overdubbing.

Offline Dimitrius

• DT.net Member
« Reply #829 on: January 24, 2011, 02:21:28 PM »
Better yet, just make a big 8. Metallica, Megadeth, Slayer, Anthrax, Overkill, Exodus, Flotsam & Jetsam, and Testament.

There, everybody wins.
Slayer is still there, everybody loses.
Joe and I in the same squad is basically the virtual equivalent of us plowing a rape van through an elementary school playground at recess.

Offline Ultimetalhead

• The Mighty Masturbator
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #830 on: January 24, 2011, 02:27:38 PM »
Your mom loses.

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #831 on: January 24, 2011, 03:14:57 PM »

There, everybody wins.

I suppose that works.  You get 4 great bands, and long intermissions.  So, yeah, I guess it really is a win-win.

Offline Ultimetalhead

• The Mighty Masturbator
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #832 on: January 24, 2011, 03:30:01 PM »
You misread. There's 8 great bands.

Offline Progmetty

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #833 on: January 24, 2011, 06:14:26 PM »
Maybe they'll do that concert in your house on your birthday Ultimetalhead, the only place where they'll interested audience heh

Offline Dimitrius

• DT.net Member
« Reply #834 on: January 24, 2011, 06:21:17 PM »
You misread. There's 8 great bands.
More like 7.

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #835 on: January 24, 2011, 06:24:56 PM »
The number you are looking for is "4."  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/4_(number)

Offline Global Laziness

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #836 on: January 24, 2011, 10:57:39 PM »

There, everybody wins.

I dunno man, that just seems like overkill to me. :neverusethis:
Quote from: Jamesman42
Global Laziness: Speaks for Canada
Quote from: black_floyd
I walked down a spiral staircase in 19/16 in honor of Tom Sawyer and now I'm in crutches.

Offline Mave

• Banned
« Reply #837 on: January 24, 2011, 11:32:15 PM »
Megadeth>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Offline Mave

• Banned
« Reply #838 on: January 24, 2011, 11:39:21 PM »

Offline contest_sanity

« Reply #839 on: January 26, 2011, 10:53:59 AM »

There, everybody wins.

I dunno man, that just seems like overkill to me. :neverusethis:
That's like a mass exodus of thrash.  :neverusethis: