Author Topic: Megadeth  (Read 354310 times)

Offline Progmetty

• DTF.org Alumni
Re: Megadeth
« Reply #735 on: December 09, 2010, 04:16:01 PM »
Yeah Chris Broderick is amazing and the current lineup is the best since Nick and Marty, I've bitched about deth when it was due but now I'm back to being the geeky hardcore fan I used to be before UA.
Now somebody needs to answer my question from my previous post cause I'm totally elevated by this epic atm
I wouldn't want somebody with 18 kids to mow my damn lawn, based on a longstanding bias I have against crazy fucks.

Offline SPNKr

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #736 on: December 09, 2010, 05:28:46 PM »
So guys...

I like Rust in Peace.  A lot.  What Megadeth album should I get next.  Be warned that I've tried a lot of songs, and they've all been huge hits (Dialectic Chaos, Peace Sells) or huge misses (Skin O My Teeth, Wake Up Dead, Most of Endgame).  If they've got another album close to RiPs quality, then I might be totally sold on them.

Well it's a no brainer. If you like Rust a lot, you have to get Peace Sells But Who's Buying. There's no question about that, at all!

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #737 on: December 09, 2010, 06:50:59 PM »
I love Rust, but I hate the earlier albums.
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline Ultimetalhead

• The Mighty Masturbator
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • .ay rof dab s'ti dna...
« Reply #738 on: December 09, 2010, 08:04:46 PM »
I love Rust, but I hate the earlier albums.
wat.
Orion....that's the one with a bunch of power chords and boringly harsh vocals, isn't it?
LOOK AT THIS AWESOME SHIT AHHHHHH

Offline SPNKr

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #739 on: December 09, 2010, 08:06:36 PM »

Offline Moonchild

• There can be only one! muahahaha
« Reply #740 on: December 13, 2010, 07:42:42 AM »
The Big 4 DVD is the best Megadeth Live album apart from the Warchest 90s Wembley show. Mustaine vocals are on spot.

Metallica is Metallica and they have released too many live shows in past few years and the setlist is meh.
Anthrax has an interesting show, the riffs are there and the sound is awesome but never was a fan of Belladonna.
Slayer has a weak Araya and there are many better live shows from them.

Offline Zook

• Evil Incarnate
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take My Hand
« Reply #741 on: December 13, 2010, 10:24:36 AM »
Skin O' My Teeth a miss?! Blasphemy!

Offline 73109

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #742 on: December 13, 2010, 04:54:15 PM »
The Big 4 DVD is the best Megadeth Live album apart from the Warchest 90s Wembley show. Mustaine vocals are on spot.

Metallica is Metallica and they have released too many live shows in past few years and the setlist is meh.
Anthrax has an interesting show, the riffs are there and the sound is awesome but never was a fan of Belladonna.

You know that Dave's vocals are so overdubbed it is more of a studio record than a live one. If that doesn't bother you, fine. It does not bother me either but I do feel the need to mention this when I hear of how "spot on" he sounds.

Offline Mave

• Banned
« Reply #743 on: December 13, 2010, 09:25:37 PM »

Offline Moonchild

• There can be only one! muahahaha
« Reply #744 on: December 14, 2010, 02:38:04 AM »

You know that Dave's vocals are so overdubbed it is more of a studio record than a live one. If that doesn't bother you, fine. It does not bother me either but I do feel the need to mention this when I hear of how "spot on" he sounds.

I know. It's strange that the others didn't overdubbed too by that prism.
 :corn

Offline Progmetty

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #745 on: December 14, 2010, 04:20:43 AM »

It seems like they fixed it for DVD version cause in the version I got his voice sounds like torture.
I wouldn't want somebody with 18 kids to mow my damn lawn, based on a longstanding bias I have against crazy fucks.

Offline LCArenas

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #746 on: December 14, 2010, 05:36:59 AM »

It seems like they fixed it for DVD version cause in the version I got his voice sounds like torture.
A friend of mine told me he always does that. He overdubs his vocal tracks in every DVD he does so he can sound good. He didn't do that in the Rude Awakening DVD, and he sounds awful there.

EEEEYEEEEAH

Offline Progmetty

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #747 on: December 14, 2010, 03:05:49 PM »
But you know I mind it when Mustaine's voice is off, I like his off voice, it's raw, sloppy, shitty, evil and slightly disgusting heh

Offline SPNKr

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #748 on: December 14, 2010, 04:50:53 PM »
But you know I mind it when Mustaine's voice is off, I like his off voice, it's raw, sloppy, shitty, evil and slightly disgusting heh

I don't mind it either. When I saw him live last year he sounded pretty good singing everything in key at least.

Offline 73109

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #749 on: December 14, 2010, 07:20:03 PM »

I don't mind it either. When I saw him live last year he sounded pretty good singing everything in key at least.

I saw him over the summer and he sounded alright. Although I tend to not notice flaws live because I am having such a good time.

Offline zxlkho

• Official Dream Theater Hater.
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #750 on: December 14, 2010, 11:06:07 PM »
I AM A GUY
You're a fucking stupid bitch.
Orion....that's the one with a bunch of power chords and boringly harsh vocals, isn't it?

Offline Global Laziness

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #751 on: December 14, 2010, 11:37:02 PM »
Quote from: Jamesman42
Global Laziness: Speaks for Canada
Quote from: black_floyd
I walked down a spiral staircase in 19/16 in honor of Tom Sawyer and now I'm in crutches.

Offline Progmetty

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #752 on: December 15, 2010, 12:37:01 AM »
I didn't know that Al Pitrelli, who used to be with Savatage, is currently a main member of Trans-Siberian Orchestra, which used to BE Savatage.

Offline Global Laziness

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #753 on: December 15, 2010, 01:57:50 AM »
I didn't know that Al Pitrelli, who used to be with Savatage, is currently a main member of Trans-Siberian Orchestra, which used to BE Savatage.

Wow, me neither. Maybe I'll go see them after all...
I walked down a spiral staircase in 19/16 in honor of Tom Sawyer and now I'm in crutches.

Offline Birch Boy

• DTF's Heavy Metal Hippie
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #754 on: December 19, 2010, 06:44:56 PM »
Didn't Al Pitrelli also play with Megadeth?

Offline Global Laziness

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #755 on: December 19, 2010, 06:56:51 PM »
Didn't Al Pitrelli also play with Megadeth?

Yes, that's why metty mentioned it in this thread.

Offline Birch Boy

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #756 on: December 19, 2010, 07:00:43 PM »
Fuck, sorry.

Not being on the forum for seven days is really throwing me off.

Offline Dimitrius

• DT.net Member
  • Fuckin' magnets, how do they work?
« Reply #757 on: December 19, 2010, 07:32:00 PM »
So, I've been thinking of getting the remasters of Killing Is My Business and Peace Sells... are they worth it?
Joe and I in the same squad is basically the virtual equivalent of us plowing a rape van through an elementary school playground at recess.

Offline Birch Boy

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #758 on: December 19, 2010, 07:33:34 PM »
The first album's remaster is probably worth it.

Offline SPNKr

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #759 on: December 19, 2010, 08:45:23 PM »
So, I've been thinking of getting the remasters of Killing Is My Business and Peace Sells... are they worth it?
The first album's remaster is probably worth it.

More like absolutely worth it! I haven't heard many albums that have been COMPLETELY overhauled like this one. In fact the label liked it so much, they got Dave to do the rest of the catalog later in 2004.

Offline Global Laziness

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #760 on: December 19, 2010, 10:35:19 PM »

Do you have or have you heard the originals?

Offline Dimitrius

• DT.net Member
« Reply #761 on: December 19, 2010, 10:35:54 PM »

I have the original ones.
Joe and I in the same squad is basically the virtual equivalent of us plowing a rape van through an elementary school playground at recess.

Offline contest_sanity

« Reply #762 on: December 19, 2010, 11:38:47 PM »

I have the original ones.
I think the debut remaster is definitely worth it.

Offline Dimitrius

• DT.net Member
« Reply #763 on: December 20, 2010, 11:02:01 AM »
I'm getting the feeling that the Peace Sell remaster isn't worth it. :lol

Offline contest_sanity

« Reply #764 on: December 20, 2010, 11:03:12 AM »
I honestly haven't heard that one.

Offline SPNKr

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #765 on: December 20, 2010, 05:19:17 PM »
I honestly haven't heard that one.
The first four are worth it for sure. Just download em if you aren't sure.

Offline skydivingninja

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #766 on: December 20, 2010, 08:18:49 PM »
Okay guys, Peace Sells or Countdown to Extinction?  GOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOYOUDECIDEMYNEXTPURCHASE

Offline Ultimetalhead

• The Mighty Masturbator
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • .ay rof dab s'ti dna...
« Reply #767 on: December 20, 2010, 08:22:41 PM »
Peace Sells
LOOK AT THIS AWESOME SHIT AHHHHHH

Offline Global Laziness

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #768 on: December 20, 2010, 08:23:58 PM »
Okay guys, Peace Sells or Countdown to Extinction?  GOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOYOUDECIDEMYNEXTPURCHASE

Countdown, easily.

Offline Dimitrius

• DT.net Member
« Reply #769 on: December 20, 2010, 08:26:05 PM »
Peace Sells, no doubt.