Author Topic: Megadeth  (Read 354218 times)

Offline Mave

• Banned
Re: Megadeth
« Reply #280 on: July 30, 2010, 01:05:36 AM »
I dunno, I'm just posting pictures someone else posted about the show..not from here. I wouldn't think Dave wore two different shirts though.

He did wear 2 different shirts. He changed from the white to black at some point.

Oh

Well there you go.

Offline Scard

• Custom Title
  • RORORO
« Reply #281 on: July 30, 2010, 01:09:22 AM »
He hit on my girlfriend at that signing... haha

Offline Mave

• Banned
« Reply #282 on: July 30, 2010, 01:14:29 AM »

What happened?

Offline Scard

• Custom Title
  • RORORO
« Reply #283 on: July 30, 2010, 01:15:56 AM »

What happened?

She went up and was like "must get kinda boring sitting here for 2 hours signing books" and Dave said "well, everyone once in a while you get someone like you that comes and spices things up" then signed Dave Mustaine XO in her book (which is actually my book...)

Offline Mave

• Banned
« Reply #284 on: July 30, 2010, 01:18:20 AM »

What happened?

She went up and was like "must get kinda boring sitting here for 2 hours signing books" and Dave said "well, everyone once in a while you get someone like you that comes and spices things up" then signed Dave Mustaine XO in her book (which is actually my book...)
:rollin

Offline Progmetty

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #285 on: July 30, 2010, 02:38:47 AM »
Dave Quagmire!
I wouldn't want somebody with 18 kids to mow my damn lawn, based on a longstanding bias I have against crazy fucks.

Offline Birch Boy

• DTF's Heavy Metal Hippie
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #286 on: July 30, 2010, 10:19:11 AM »

What happened?

Offline Mave

• Banned
« Reply #287 on: July 30, 2010, 12:06:27 PM »
The guy with the long curly hair, glasses and sleeveless shirt at 1:00 looks a lot like someone I know. They'll know who I'm talking about.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vNOAXUkLsPA

Offline Scard

• Custom Title
  • RORORO
« Reply #288 on: July 30, 2010, 12:13:22 PM »
heh that's pretty funny. I was a little further away at that point though. Slowly made my way up

Offline Mave

• Banned
« Reply #289 on: July 30, 2010, 12:17:39 PM »
heh that's pretty funny. I was a little further away at that point though. Slowly made my way up

Is my book in the mail?  ;D

Offline Scard

• Custom Title
  • RORORO
« Reply #290 on: July 30, 2010, 01:02:03 PM »
No I forgot, take it easy

Offline Mave

• Banned
« Reply #291 on: July 30, 2010, 01:03:11 PM »

Offline Mave

• Banned
« Reply #292 on: July 30, 2010, 02:16:47 PM »
Is that you?

Offline zxlkho

• Official Dream Theater Hater.
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #293 on: July 30, 2010, 02:22:20 PM »
Not including anything from Rust in Peace, "Addicted to Chaos" is the best them.
I AM A GUY
You're a fucking stupid bitch.
Orion....that's the one with a bunch of power chords and boringly harsh vocals, isn't it?

Offline Birch Boy

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #294 on: July 30, 2010, 03:17:06 PM »
Not including anything from Rust in Peace, "Addicted to Chaos" is the best them.
lolno

Not including Rust In Peace, Peace Sells...But Who's Buying? would surely have the best them song. "Peace Sells", "Devil's Island", "Good Mourning/Black Friday", etc...

Offline Scard

• Custom Title
  • RORORO
« Reply #295 on: July 30, 2010, 03:57:30 PM »

Offline Mave

• Banned
« Reply #296 on: July 30, 2010, 04:56:22 PM »

Offline Birch Boy

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #297 on: July 30, 2010, 04:58:21 PM »
Just listened to Rust In Peace this morning, continuing my run-through of their discography to prepare for the concert on August 12th  :metal

Offline Gadough

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #298 on: July 30, 2010, 05:19:54 PM »
Just listened to Rust In Peace this morning, continuing my run-through of their discography to prepare for the concert on August 12th  :metal

Definitely their best, and not just because it's their most progressive.

....No, wait, that's exactly why.

:metal
Gadough isn't Hitler. He's much, much worse.

Offline Birch Boy

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #299 on: July 30, 2010, 06:50:35 PM »

Definitely their best, and not just because it's their most progressive.

....No, wait, that's exactly why.

I agree  :metal

Offline Mave

• Banned
« Reply #300 on: July 30, 2010, 06:54:45 PM »

Offline XianL

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #301 on: July 30, 2010, 07:57:46 PM »
Saw Slayer/Megadeth/Testament on Monday night.

Megadeth...I had a mixed response to. To be frank, throughout ALL of Rust In Peace, I could barely hear Dave. It was as if he was shying away from the mic, and it made a big difference in my appreciation of the album live. Technically, they were spot on though.

Thankfully, during the encore (Trust, A Tout Le Monde, Head Crusher, Peace Sells), he picked up, and all four songs were amazing! I loved them live, although I was disappointed Slayer finished, and can't wait to see them again.

Offline sneakyblueberry

• put me in coach
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #302 on: July 31, 2010, 02:32:02 AM »

Agreed man, I love that song!  Great vocal performance.

Offline Birch Boy

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #303 on: July 31, 2010, 08:30:45 AM »
Listening to Countdown To Extinction to continue my discography run-through. I think I might've overplayed it a bit last year, but it's still awesome  :tup.

Also, if everyone wouldn't mind, can spoilers about the American Carnage tour be put in very small font (like 2), because I (and probably some others) hate spoilers. I know with all the information about this tour well-known (Rust In Peace and Seasons In The Abyss played in their entireties, and Testament playing a lot of their heavy stuff from The Formation Of Damnation, Low, and the like), I'd still like the encores and other setlist songs to be at least a bit of a surprise.

It could be that I'm justing being selfish, but if others want spoilers smaller than I think we should do it.

Offline Jakartabassplayer

• John Cleese's evil step brother
  • "THEY just drop"
« Reply #304 on: July 31, 2010, 01:54:50 PM »
as a lp collector i'm proud to have an original first pressing and also in mint condition copy of So far, So Good, So What.
Kipfilet is het borstdeel van de kip. Kenmerk van kipfilet is dat deze vetarm en lichtverteerbaar is.
I assume it's because you're awesome.
And JBP is yet again drunk  :lol

Offline Birch Boy

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #305 on: July 31, 2010, 01:59:33 PM »
as a lp collector i'm proud to have an original first pressing and also in mint condition copy of So far, So Good, So What.

That's cool.

My friend found an original 1990 Guatemalan pressing of Rust In Peace at a record show for twenty bucks, and he bought it. I was very jealousy.

• "THEY just drop"
« Reply #306 on: July 31, 2010, 02:04:59 PM »

That's cool.

My friend found an original 1990 Guatemalan pressing of Rust In Peace at a record show for twenty bucks, and he bought it. I was very jealousy.
epic  :metal

Once I went into a record store and saw an perfect condition copy of Peace Sells and I almost fainted.
I took it and went to the cashier when I found out that I forgot my wallet. I told the sales guy to hold it for an hour so I could get my wallet at home. I got my wallet from home and arrived at the store to find out that the salesman sold it to another guy........

:(

Kipfilet is het borstdeel van de kip. Kenmerk van kipfilet is dat deze vetarm en lichtverteerbaar is.

Offline Birch Boy

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #307 on: July 31, 2010, 03:33:44 PM »

That's cool.

Once I went into a record store and saw an perfect condition copy of Peace Sells and I almost fainted.
I took it and went to the cashier when I found out that I forgot my wallet. I told the sales guy to hold it for an hour so I could get my wallet at home. I got my wallet from home and arrived at the store to find out that the salesman sold it to another guy........

I would've lost it right then. I wouldn't even know what to say to the salesguy  >:(.

A similar thing happened to me. After a Sacred Oath gig, a guy was selling records near the door. Right before their set, I quickly looked through them and saw some definite buyers (all vintage) like Iron Maiden's Piece Of Mind, Judas Priest's Sin After Sin, and also Peace Sells...But Who's Buying?. Afterwards I went back to pick some of them up, and this guy's looking through them for like ten minutes straight, picking out record after awesome record. Finally, he steps to the side, leaving about 1/4 of the records gone. So I start going through them, pick up POM, and the guy goes, "OH, I DIDN'T SEE THAT! CAN I HAVE IT?" So out of the goodness of my heart I gave it to him. A minute later I pick up PS...BWB?, and the same thing happens, and I hand it over, majorly regretting it minutes later. That was kinda anticlimactic, but yeah that's what happened. I ended up settling with Ozzy Osbourne's Bark At The Moon, so not all hope was lost.

Offline skydivingninja

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #308 on: July 31, 2010, 03:38:57 PM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xKjm7_tueeM

What's with his voice in this vid?  I like a bunch of Megadeth songs, though no albums, but this vid is just silly.

Offline Birch Boy

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #309 on: July 31, 2010, 03:41:22 PM »
Dave's 'snarling' vocals have really been annoying me lately, like in the video above. During the Big Four theater movie, I was actually laughing because he sounds so bad doing it.

Offline skydivingninja

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #310 on: July 31, 2010, 03:43:00 PM »
He's not snarling, he's trying to be Matt Bellamy or something.

Offline Birch Boy

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #311 on: July 31, 2010, 03:43:46 PM »
It annoys me a lot, whatever it is.

• "THEY just drop"
« Reply #312 on: July 31, 2010, 05:33:58 PM »

That's cool.

I would've lost it right then. I wouldn't even know what to say to the salesguy  >:(.

A similar thing happened to me. After a Sacred Oath gig, a guy was selling records near the door. Right before their set, I quickly looked through them and saw some definite buyers (all vintage) like Iron Maiden's Piece Of Mind, Judas Priest's Sin After Sin, and also Peace Sells...But Who's Buying?. Afterwards I went back to pick some of them up, and this guy's looking through them for like ten minutes straight, picking out record after awesome record. Finally, he steps to the side, leaving about 1/4 of the records gone. So I start going through them, pick up POM, and the guy goes, "OH, I DIDN'T SEE THAT! CAN I HAVE IT?" So out of the goodness of my heart I gave it to him. A minute later I pick up PS...BWB?, and the same thing happens, and I hand it over, majorly regretting it minutes later. That was kinda anticlimactic, but yeah that's what happened. I ended up settling with Ozzy Osbourne's Bark At The Moon, so not all hope was lost.

Ah, damn that sucks.
I know how you feel.
Once I was at this record store and at the section where the metal LP's are, was this unbelievably beautiful girl. she was browsing through the records. I started looking through the crates with the records and I found a first edition of Black Sabbath's Sabbath Bloody Sabbath. I was really happy that I found it. She noticed this and started talking to me that I was lucky that I found that record. She went on that it was one of her favorite albums and you know......
So I gave it to her. and we kept talking and gave me her phone number saying that she was very grateful. I felt great and forgot about the record. A few days later I called the number and it wasn't her number.

I felt so stupid........

Offline MetalManiac666

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #313 on: July 31, 2010, 05:36:12 PM »
Wow, owned.

Offline Zook

• Evil Incarnate
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take My Hand
« Reply #314 on: July 31, 2010, 05:52:26 PM »
Once I found the Red Ranger and his cycle at Wal-Mart. I had it in my hands and was so happy, but as soon as I set it down, this kid came by and snatched it. I've regretted putting that toy down ever since..................................... :neverusethis: