Author Topic: Megadeth  (Read 354354 times)

Offline Ultimetalhead

• The Mighty Masturbator
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • .ay rof dab s'ti dna...
Re: Megadeth
« Reply #245 on: May 31, 2010, 05:05:11 PM »
Well, there is a section at the beginning of When where it's spoken word, and Mustaine says "my prayers are never answered". I could see making a link, but musically, I don't see one. I can't think of another section on the entire album that sounds like the prayer section though.

I would sig that, but you need to be more eloquent with it. :p
Orion....that's the one with a bunch of power chords and boringly harsh vocals, isn't it?
LOOK AT THIS AWESOME SHIT AHHHHHH

Offline Birch Boy

• DTF's Heavy Metal Hippie
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #246 on: May 31, 2010, 05:15:43 PM »
Well, there is a section at the beginning of When where it's spoken word, and Mustaine says "my prayers are never answered". I could see making a link, but musically, I don't see one. I can't think of another section on the entire album that sounds like the prayer section though.

Damnit now I need to listen to every Megadeth song to find the one so I can prove my point.  :sad:

AND "eloquent"? WTF IS THIS I DON'T EVEN

Offline Ultimetalhead

• The Mighty Masturbator
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #247 on: May 31, 2010, 05:17:31 PM »
Fluent speaking, using cool words.
Orion....that's the one with a bunch of power chords and boringly harsh vocals, isn't it?

Offline Birch Boy

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #248 on: May 31, 2010, 05:18:51 PM »
Quote from: SuperDude
Ultimetalhead wins this thread
SO ELOQUENT

Offline Ultimetalhead

• The Mighty Masturbator
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #249 on: May 31, 2010, 05:20:24 PM »
Yeah, but I'm not eliminating that quote, as it was my first thread winning. You have to come up with a really good one to knock out Arcaeus. I need an eloquent one if you hope to replace Lat's as well.

Offline sneakyblueberry

• put me in coach
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #250 on: May 31, 2010, 05:20:35 PM »

Damnit now I need to listen to every Megadeth song to find the one so I can prove my point.  :sad:

Megadeth put the same prayer into a cover they did, you're right.   I think it was 'Go To Hell' or something?  I saw it on the VH1 Megadeth doco.

Offline Ultimetalhead

• The Mighty Masturbator
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #251 on: May 31, 2010, 05:22:19 PM »

Damnit now I need to listen to every Megadeth song to find the one so I can prove my point.  :sad:

Megadeth put the same prayer into a cover they did, you're right.   I think it was 'Go To Hell' or something?  I saw it on the VH1 Megadeth doco.
That's the one, but that was twisted slightly (and awesomely I might say).

Offline Birch Boy

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #252 on: May 31, 2010, 05:23:12 PM »

Damnit now I need to listen to every Megadeth song to find the one so I can prove my point.  :sad:

Megadeth put the same prayer into a cover they did, you're right.   I think it was 'Go To Hell' or something?  I saw it on the VH1 Megadeth doco.
That's it! :44 of "Go To Hell" has the same prayer as "Enter Sandman". So that was completely irrelevant to the argument that I was trying to make, so oh well. But thanks sneakyblueberry  :tup.

EDIT: Damn ninja  :censored

Offline LCArenas

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #253 on: May 31, 2010, 06:40:45 PM »
The problem is that Enter Sandman was released until 1991 (And was written in 1990), same year in which Go to Hell saw the light as a part of some soundtrack which name I don't remember (Which means it was also written in 1990). Could be possible that both of the groups had the same idea at the same time? That'd be cool.

Offline SPNKr

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #254 on: June 02, 2010, 08:55:09 PM »
So I was pretty stumped on what to listen to just then, I put on The World Needs A Hero but I started it with Silent Scorn instead. It feels better that way as an album opener imo :tup I also remember Return To Hangar was a stupid sequel, maybe the worst track on there.

Offline Progmetty

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #255 on: June 02, 2010, 10:48:23 PM »
When is horrible, Return to Hangar is really bad but When is plain horrible.
I wouldn't want somebody with 18 kids to mow my damn lawn, based on a longstanding bias I have against crazy fucks.

Offline SPNKr

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #256 on: June 02, 2010, 11:03:44 PM »
Yeah they're both the worst tracks off the album, but I remember a long time ago I read on Wiki that When was a/an homage to 'Am I Evil?'. I listened to the album today and it's okay in most parts, a few tracks have sections which seem like they're just riffing along like a guitarist and drummer would be doing together as a boring jam.
According to WMP11 I last listened to this album on 19 July 2009.

Now for a better track listing would be Silent Scorn at track 1. The tracks that should have been scrapped are Return To Hangar, When, and probably Promises. That song also doesn't feel right on the album.
That would make it 9 tracks at 40 minutes.

Offline Ultimetalhead

• The Mighty Masturbator
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #257 on: June 04, 2010, 07:46:16 PM »
If any song should have been left off that album, it's Losing My Senses. Return to Hangar is awesome. When is awesome. Promises is awesome. You people are insane. That is all.

Offline Scard

• Custom Title
  • RORORO
« Reply #258 on: July 28, 2010, 11:22:07 PM »
Anyone else grab the Heavy Metal Memoirs, the Dave Mustaine autobiography? He did a signing in Toronto tonight, so I went by, picked it up, and had it signed. 4 chapters in, it's pretty fuckin cool!

Offline Birch Boy

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #259 on: July 28, 2010, 11:35:34 PM »
Anyone else grab the Heavy Metal Memoirs, the Dave Mustaine autobiography? He did a signing in Toronto tonight, so I went by, picked it up, and had it signed. 4 chapters in, it's pretty fuckin cool!
If I had money I'd get it, and the nearest book signing is over an hour away from me, so I'm not going.

Anyway, t-minus sixteen days 'til I see them with Slayer and Testament! :2metal:

Offline Scard

• Custom Title
  • RORORO
« Reply #260 on: July 28, 2010, 11:36:40 PM »
If I had money I'd get it, and the nearest book signing is over an hour away from me, so I'm not going.

Anyway, t-minus sixteen days 'til I see them with Slayer and Testament! :2metal:

T-Minus 17 hours til I see them with Slayer and Testament!

Offline Birch Boy

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #261 on: July 28, 2010, 11:41:09 PM »

:P

Also: David and Shawn at Secret Show in Montreal
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m7CpP3QovwU&playnext=1&videos=HlvbNfaJ028
« Last Edit: July 29, 2010, 12:04:47 AM by Birch Boy »

Offline Scard

• Custom Title
  • RORORO
« Reply #262 on: July 28, 2010, 11:42:47 PM »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tX6V9ieM1T4&videos=9tD_Bj6ADdE&playnext=2

Failblog?

Offline Birch Boy

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #263 on: July 29, 2010, 12:04:35 AM »

Failblog?
lolfail

Sorry: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m7CpP3QovwU&playnext=1&videos=HlvbNfaJ028

Offline Scard

• Custom Title
  • RORORO
« Reply #264 on: July 29, 2010, 12:08:35 AM »

Failblog?
lolfail

Sorry: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m7CpP3QovwU&playnext=1&videos=HlvbNfaJ028

Well...if they're playing secret shows..how do you know that they're playing a secret show?! Like..if I leave the gig tomorrow night, how do I know if they're playing later on again?

Offline Birch Boy

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #265 on: July 29, 2010, 12:16:39 AM »

Failblog?
lolfail

Well...if they're playing secret shows..how do you know that they're playing a secret show?! Like..if I leave the gig tomorrow night, how do I know if they're playing later on again?
You don't... that's why it's a secret  :-X

Offline Scard

• Custom Title
  • RORORO
« Reply #266 on: July 29, 2010, 12:21:30 AM »

Failblog?
lolfail

piss me off haha

Offline Birch Boy

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #267 on: July 29, 2010, 12:22:22 AM »

Failblog?
lolfail

piss me off haha
No spoilers after the show tomorrow please!

Offline Scard

• Custom Title
  • RORORO
« Reply #268 on: July 29, 2010, 11:41:49 PM »
Won't spoil anything, but it was amazing! Megadeth and Slayer were FLAWLESS. Testament is better on CD than live though, I found... unless it was just their live engineer that mixed them weird... but yeah...GET EXCITED!

Here's a pic...

Offline Mave

• Banned
« Reply #269 on: July 29, 2010, 11:56:04 PM »

Offline Mave

• Banned
« Reply #270 on: July 29, 2010, 11:58:01 PM »

Offline Mave

• Banned
« Reply #271 on: July 29, 2010, 11:59:10 PM »

Offline Mave

• Banned
« Reply #272 on: July 30, 2010, 12:11:49 AM »

Offline Mave

• Banned
« Reply #273 on: July 30, 2010, 12:13:32 AM »

Offline Scard

• Custom Title
  • RORORO
« Reply #274 on: July 30, 2010, 12:20:48 AM »
All from Toronto?

Offline Mave

• Banned
« Reply #275 on: July 30, 2010, 12:29:54 AM »
I dunno, I'm just posting pictures someone else posted about the show..not from here. I wouldn't think Dave wore two different shirts though.

Offline Gadough

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #276 on: July 30, 2010, 12:53:05 AM »
Man, seeing all those live pics with Junior on bass makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside. So glad he's back. His rightful place is standing on stage next to Dave.
Gadough isn't Hitler. He's much, much worse.

Offline Mave

• Banned
« Reply #277 on: July 30, 2010, 12:54:17 AM »
From the book signing in Toronto:

Offline Gadough

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #278 on: July 30, 2010, 12:57:51 AM »
Clever. :metalol:
Gadough isn't Hitler. He's much, much worse.

Offline Scard

• Custom Title
  • RORORO
« Reply #279 on: July 30, 2010, 01:02:57 AM »
I dunno, I'm just posting pictures someone else posted about the show..not from here. I wouldn't think Dave wore two different shirts though.

He did wear 2 different shirts. He changed from the white to black at some point.