Author Topic: Megadeth  (Read 354149 times)

Offline Progmetty

• DTF.org Alumni
Re: Megadeth
« Reply #105 on: February 09, 2010, 07:32:17 AM »
The huge difference: I became a Dream Theater fan during the current line-up, that makes them the only DT for me, for me this is Dream Theater and the previous versions of Dream Theater are in the hisotry books, , now if it happens that someone changes now; I'd surely get banned heh
But in Jason Newsted or David Ellefson's cases they were part of my bands identity that I came to love, I don't give a flying potato fuck if their replacements were Gods of their instruments.
I wouldn't want somebody with 18 kids to mow my damn lawn, based on a longstanding bias I have against crazy fucks.

Offline Bombardana

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #106 on: February 09, 2010, 11:03:46 AM »
Now I kind of wish that Jason Newsted would rejoin Metallica

Offline lateralus88

• The Official DTF Stanley Kubrick Fanboi
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • I stabbed Euronymous because he drank my PBR
« Reply #107 on: February 09, 2010, 11:11:44 AM »
I'm oh so tempted to make a Cliff Burton joke, but I won't.
I felt its length in quite a few places.

Awesome Majesty Pendant Club: Member #3

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #108 on: March 03, 2010, 07:14:17 AM »
I was just cruising around Youtube this morning and found this very interesting 1984 phone interview with Mustaine..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7MFwtPBI4X8&feature=related
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline Dimitrius

• DT.net Member
  • Fuckin' magnets, how do they work?
« Reply #109 on: March 03, 2010, 02:08:53 PM »
Late to party, I know, but congrats to Ellefson for rejoining The Dave Mustaine Band.
Joe and I in the same squad is basically the virtual equivalent of us plowing a rape van through an elementary school playground at recess.

Offline wkiml

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #110 on: March 03, 2010, 04:42:08 PM »
I was just cruising around Youtube this morning and found this very interesting 1984 phone interview with Mustaine..

Tac that reminds me quite a bit of his interview in "Get Thrashed" were he talks about having a hand in 3 of the big 4...Says Hetfield barely knew how to play, until he taught him, how Hammett more or less just copied his solos and style once in Metallica and how he influenced Kerry King, when King played in an early version of Megadeth
Quote from: senecadawg2 on July 17, 2012, 10:54:32 PM
In defense of peanut butter...

try getting the neighbor's dog to lick your balls with a spoonful of chummus.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #111 on: March 03, 2010, 04:50:53 PM »
I haven't seen Get Thrashed yet, but it's on the list.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline Birch Boy

• DTF's Heavy Metal Hippie
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #112 on: March 03, 2010, 05:02:16 PM »

Tac that reminds me quite a bit of his interview in "Get Thrashed" were he talks about having a hand in 3 of the big 4...Says Hetfield barely knew how to play, until he taught him, how Hammett more or less just copied his solos and style once in Metallica and how he influenced Kerry King, when King played in an early version of Megadeth
Yep I remember him saying that.

Offline Progmetty

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #113 on: March 21, 2010, 10:49:28 PM »
Just a word of warning; cover your keyboard cause these videos might be dripping win all over it.
These are from the current tour:
Dawn Patrol/Rust In Peace https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QejCZefPeUM
Five Magics https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6XyPOP1Hbd4
I wouldn't want somebody with 18 kids to mow my damn lawn, based on a longstanding bias I have against crazy fucks.

Offline black_biff_stadler

• 6th place finalist at New Orleans Skullet Fest 2010
  • DT.net Member
  • blackwater_floyd, get it?
« Reply #114 on: March 22, 2010, 06:22:43 AM »
Just a word of warning; cover your keyboard cause these videos might be dripping win all over it.

Five Magics was epic :2metal:

Damn do I love Chris Broderick too. He definitely has that Marty Friedman cool zeal about him and all the backups between Ellefson and him were just awesome. I wish we could clone a second Chris so he could still be with Nevermore.
Users who've sigged me (Join today!): LCArenas, Jakartabassplayer, LeeHarveyKennedy, Global Laziness, Portrucci, obscure, FlyingBIZKIT, alirocker08, senecadawg2, DebraKadabra, JayOctavarium, Cedar redaC, (almost) bout to crash, ? (the forum member, not the fucking punctuation mark), Zeltar, lonestar, ASacrificedSon

Offline Birch Boy

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #115 on: March 22, 2010, 02:37:38 PM »

Five Magics was epic :2metal:

Damn do I love Chris Broderick too. He definitely has that Marty Friedman cool zeal about him and all the backups between Ellefson and him were just awesome. I wish we could clone a second Chris so he could still be with Nevermore.
I'm assuming your YouTube username is blakfloyd?

EDIT: Dave's Rust In Peace V is FUCKING AWESOME :2metal:
« Last Edit: March 22, 2010, 02:42:56 PM by Birch Boy »

Offline Birch Boy

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #116 on: March 23, 2010, 02:34:48 PM »
I was watching an interview with Dave Ellefson and he said that he already picked his successor (for HAIL!), and they'll be announcing it shortly. He didn't say anything about if that will be very soon, or when he feels he's too old or he just wants to quit. I was surprised when he said that though, knowing that he won't be with them to the end.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2010, 08:49:04 PM by Birch Boy »

Offline Global Laziness

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #117 on: March 23, 2010, 02:39:28 PM »
I was watching an interview with Dave Ellefson and he said that he already picked his successor, and they'll be announcing it shortly. He didn't say anything about if that will be very soon, or when he feels he's too old or he just wants to quit. I was surprised when he said that though, knowing that he won't be with them to the end.

Sorry, what is this referring to?
Quote from: Jamesman42
Global Laziness: Speaks for Canada
Quote from: black_floyd
I walked down a spiral staircase in 19/16 in honor of Tom Sawyer and now I'm in crutches.

Offline Birch Boy

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #118 on: March 23, 2010, 02:46:34 PM »
I was watching an interview with Dave Ellefson and he said that he already picked his successor, and they'll be announcing it shortly. He didn't say anything about if that will be very soon, or when he feels he's too old or he just wants to quit. I was surprised when he said that though, knowing that he won't be with them to the end.

Sorry, what is this referring to?
You mean like what interview? https://www.examiner.com/x-1854-NY-Hard-Rock-Music-Examiner~y2010m3d21-Exclusive-Hard-Rock-Examiner-interview-with-David-Ellefson-of-Megadeth

Offline Global Laziness

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #119 on: March 23, 2010, 03:32:22 PM »
I don't have time to watch a ten minute interview, what's the gist of it? Because from your "successor" post, I got the impression that he was leaving the band even though he just got there.
I walked down a spiral staircase in 19/16 in honor of Tom Sawyer and now I'm in crutches.

Offline Birch Boy

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #120 on: March 23, 2010, 03:41:06 PM »
I don't have time to watch a ten minute interview, what's the gist of it? Because from your "successor" post, I got the impression that he was leaving the band even though he just got there.
Yeah exactly. He said he already picked a successor, but said nothing else, other than they would announce him/her soon. It may mean that he is leaving the band after this tour and the American Carnage one, or that it is just for when he leaves the band/chooses to stop/gets kicked out/any other scenario.

Offline MykeHavoc

• Send More Cops
« Reply #121 on: March 23, 2010, 06:57:15 PM »
I believe he's referring to Hail and not Megadeth in the interview in regards to a successor.

Offline Birch Boy

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #122 on: March 23, 2010, 07:29:39 PM »
I believe he's referring to Hail and not Megadeth in the interview in regards to a successor.
Now that I think about it, this seems more logical and relevant seeing as how HAIL! was talked about in the interview.

Offline Progmetty

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #123 on: March 23, 2010, 08:44:32 PM »
Ellefson is gonna be leaving again?! why?! I seem to be the only one who just found out about this..
That's just depressingly pointless.

Offline Birch Boy

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #124 on: March 23, 2010, 08:44:53 PM »
Ellefson is gonna be leaving again?! why?! I seem to be the only one who just found out about this..
That's just depressingly pointless.
Now that I think about it, this seems more logical and relevant seeing as how HAIL! was talked about in the interview.

Offline Ultimetalhead

• The Mighty Masturbator
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • .ay rof dab s'ti dna...
« Reply #125 on: March 23, 2010, 08:48:22 PM »
Do NOT scare me like that. EVER AGAIN.
Orion....that's the one with a bunch of power chords and boringly harsh vocals, isn't it?
LOOK AT THIS AWESOME SHIT AHHHHHH

Offline Birch Boy

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #126 on: March 23, 2010, 08:49:34 PM »
Edited the original post for the sake of all future readers' nervous systems.

Offline Progmetty

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #127 on: March 23, 2010, 09:52:23 PM »
Ohhh I see, damn it Birch heh

Offline Birch Boy

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #128 on: March 24, 2010, 05:11:18 PM »
Ohhh I see, damn it Birch heh
Uh oh, am I getting an expression named after me now?  :lol

DAMMIT BIRCH!

Offline Birch Boy

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #129 on: March 29, 2010, 11:04:54 AM »
New song is called "Sudden Death" and is around 5:00 long.  :metal

Offline Global Laziness

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #130 on: March 29, 2010, 11:42:58 AM »

You really gotta start giving your posts some more context. What's all this about?

Offline Birch Boy

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #131 on: March 29, 2010, 11:46:38 AM »

You really gotta start giving your posts some more context. What's all this about?
They recorded a new song with Ellefson for some unknown project (to the public) and are releasing it soon.

Offline Global Laziness

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #132 on: March 29, 2010, 11:47:03 AM »

They recorded a new song with Ellefson for some unknown project (to the public) and are releasing it soon.

Awesome!

Offline LCArenas

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #133 on: April 07, 2010, 05:18:12 PM »
Just gave Youthanasia a re-listen today and I came to the conclusion that is the best album they did back in the 90s (Behind Rust in Peace, of course) and their best non-Thrash Metal album. Pure fucking Golden Heavy Metal.

Offline Samsara

• Queensr˙che Biographer and Historian
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Memory flows...like a river.
« Reply #134 on: April 07, 2010, 05:24:40 PM »
Just gave Youthanasia a re-listen today and I came to the conclusion that is the best album they did back in the 90s (Behind Rust in Peace, of course) and their best non-Thrash Metal album. Pure fucking Golden Heavy Metal.

Agreed. Countdown is a better technical album (and in my MD top-3), but Youth is darker, which I like better.
Roads to Madness: The Touring History of Queensr˙che (1981-1997) - At the printer! Out in May 2024!

Pre-order now at www.roadstomadness.com!

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #135 on: April 07, 2010, 05:26:22 PM »
I go back and forth between those two.  I like 'em both.  ...and of course, with Risk being #4.  ;)
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline Birch Boy

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #136 on: April 07, 2010, 07:50:56 PM »
Countdown To Extinction >>>>>>>>>> Youthanasia

Offline LCArenas

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #137 on: April 07, 2010, 08:17:35 PM »
It may be better and a lot more  :metal, but I just happen to like Youthanasia most; it seems more consistent, inspired and darker (As Samsära said) to me than Countdown. Don't get me wrong: I love Countdown and its kick-ass songs such as the now-classic Skin O' My Teeth or Captive Honour, but some songs seem kinda forced to me, a thing that doesn't happen in Youthanasia IMO.

Offline Progmetty

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #138 on: April 08, 2010, 12:05:02 AM »
I saw them live a couple of weeks ago on the RIP 20th Anniversary tour, wrote a long ass post about it but I couldn't post it in this thread https://www.dreamtheaterforums.org/boards/index.php?topic=12151.0

Offline sneakyblueberry

• put me in coach
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #139 on: April 08, 2010, 12:36:19 AM »
Countdown To Extinction >>>>>>>>>> Youthanasia

YOU LIE