Author Topic: Megadeth  (Read 354932 times)

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
Re: Megadeth
« Reply #2695 on: June 09, 2022, 05:12:41 AM »
I think we're finding out that maybe that says more about Rock than it does about Geoff.

I was just joking but these days - yeah you're right  :lol  At that stage (when it happened)..........I think Tate was the far bigger douchebag but he seems to have mellowed in recent years..   

Who knows...............I met Rockenfield on the Condition Human tour and he seemed like he really didn't want to be there.  Maybe that says more about me than it does about Rock  :biggrin:

Sounds like Brent may be the reason why Scott left Queensryche.
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2696 on: June 09, 2022, 07:04:18 PM »
I think we're finding out that maybe that says more about Rock than it does about Geoff.

I was just joking but these days - yeah you're right  :lol  At that stage (when it happened)..........I think Tate was the far bigger douchebag but he seems to have mellowed in recent years..   

Who knows...............I met Rockenfield on the Condition Human tour and he seemed like he really didn't want to be there.  Maybe that says more about me than it does about Rock  :biggrin:

Sounds like Brent may be the reason why Scott left Queensryche.

Hmmm..............I might've told him to bugger off if he didn't want to be there and he has taken that as meaning the band situation.  Apologies to Queensryche fans.  :blush
"I would just like to say that after all these years of heavy drinking, bright lights and late nights, I still don't need glasses. I drink right out of the bottle." - DLR

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #2697 on: June 09, 2022, 07:05:31 PM »
Why are we talking about this in the Megadeth thread? Did Brent fire Ellefson too?
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2698 on: June 09, 2022, 07:12:54 PM »
Why are we talking about this in the Megadeth thread? Did Brent fire Ellefson too?

I have NOTHING to do with Ellefson  - haven't met him but I hear he's a bit of a jerk off. :neverusethis:

He's in a new band called Kings of Thrash though ..........sounds like he consulted KK Downing on the band name
"I would just like to say that after all these years of heavy drinking, bright lights and late nights, I still don't need glasses. I drink right out of the bottle." - DLR

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #2699 on: June 09, 2022, 07:16:47 PM »

I have NOTHING to do with Ellefson  - haven't met him but I hear he's a bit of a jerk off. :neverusethis:

He's in a new band called Kings of Thrash though ..........sounds like he consulted KK Downing on the band name

Then it would've been called Junior's Deth.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2700 on: June 09, 2022, 07:25:35 PM »

I heard Brent had quite a bit of pull in getting him fired.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #2701 on: June 09, 2022, 07:33:46 PM »

I heard Brent had quite a bit of pull in getting him fired.

Just kinda rubbed him out of the band.

Offline ZKX-2099

• The Drifting Drifter
« Reply #2702 on: June 10, 2022, 09:24:32 AM »
What a jerk.

Offline geeeemo

« Reply #2703 on: June 22, 2022, 04:01:12 PM »
New song tomorrow....

Offline twosuitsluke

• Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
« Reply #2704 on: June 23, 2022, 06:17:04 AM »
New song tomorrow....

https://open.spotify.com/track/4SsN1B9ZaSOFmBb4wVu1WB?si=44zx4SqYTNm2-XkSZ3vojA&utm_source=copy-link

Well it sure sounds like Megadave. Personally I loved Dystopia, and think it is one of their strongest releases, so I believe Dave's still got it in him to release a belter  :metal
« Last Edit: June 23, 2022, 06:24:50 AM by twosuitsluke »

Offline WardySI

« Reply #2705 on: June 23, 2022, 06:27:27 AM »
Now that's good Megadeth the outro is magnificent \m/

Offline Deadeye21

• 30 years say we’re in this together
« Reply #2706 on: June 23, 2022, 06:40:43 AM »
Apparently this is the album closer too. Keen to see if the album that leads up to this is excellent.
Let's go with a P for Deadeye has premature alphabetejaculation.

Offline emtee

« Reply #2707 on: June 23, 2022, 06:42:36 AM »
Whoa!

Up tempo, high energy...very cool song. Love it!

Offline MinistroRaven

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2708 on: June 23, 2022, 07:32:57 AM »
New song. New video.

https://youtu.be/LkJ5jJuraLQ

Offline MinistroRaven

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2709 on: June 23, 2022, 07:40:31 AM »
Apparently this is the album closer too. Keen to see if the album that leads up to this is excellent.

At the end of the official video it says TO BE CONTINUED…

If it is the closer of the album then the continuation should be in the next album.

I think this one is the opener, and the closer is yet to be release.

EDIT:

I found the album track list

The Sick, The Dying… And The Dead!” track listing:

1. The Sick, The Dying… And The Dead!
 2. Life In Hell
 3. Night Stalkers (Featuring Ice T)
 4. Dogs Of Chernobyl
 5. Sacrifice
 6. Junkie
 7. Psychopathy
 8. Killing Time
 9. Soldier On!
10. Célebutante
11. Mission To Mars
12. We’ll Be Back
13. Police Truck (DEAD KENNEDYS cover)
14. This Planet’s On Fire (Burn In Hell) (Sammy Hagar cover) Featuring Sammy Hagar)

EDIT 2:

Full details and preorders here: https://www.sonicperspectives.com/news/megadeth-to-release-the-sick-the-dying-and-the-dead-album-in-september/

Online Grappler

• Victory, Illinois Varsity
« Reply #2710 on: June 23, 2022, 08:02:03 AM »
Awesome riffs in that song and it's so great to hear Dirk playing something new.  Not really a fan of the lyrics - they seemed a little juvenile, but that was my only complaint.  Can't wait to hear more! 

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2711 on: June 23, 2022, 08:25:49 AM »

If it is the closer of the album then the continuation should be in the next album.

The TBC could just be about linking this music video and the next one not necessarily following an order from the album or future music.

Offline MinistroRaven

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2712 on: June 23, 2022, 09:04:29 AM »

The TBC could just be about linking this music video and the next one not necessarily following an order from the album or future music.

You are right, what it's sure now is that it's not the album closer at least not in the special edition version  :facepalm:

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2713 on: June 23, 2022, 09:23:22 AM »
Those cover songs look pretty interesting

Offline Deadeye21

« Reply #2714 on: June 23, 2022, 09:25:16 AM »
They’re definitely not in the vinyl versions. And I still count Don’t Turn Yiur Back and The Emperor as the true album closers for the last two since covers should just be bonus tracks imo. Never cared for them ion the first three albums either, even if Anarchy is a classic Megadeth tune now.

Offline faizoff

« Reply #2715 on: June 23, 2022, 09:46:58 AM »
That song ending riffs was the best part, up to the 4 min mark it's whatever. It kicks ass after that till the end. I don't know if that was the makeup or how Dave looks like these days but he could play a character from the underworld movies as one of those elders.
"Oh how am I doing?...eating so much pussy, I'm shitting clits, son!" - Jonah Ryan

Offline Lonk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #2716 on: June 23, 2022, 09:59:51 AM »
That song ending riffs was the best part, up to the 4 min mark it's whatever. It kicks ass after that till the end. I don't know if that was the makeup or how Dave looks like these days but he could play a character from the underworld movies as one of those elders.

This. Didn't really care for the song but the last minute and a half are pretty good :metal
Vmadera has evolved into Lonk

Offline Samsara

• Queensr˙che Biographer and Historian
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Memory flows...like a river.
« Reply #2717 on: June 23, 2022, 10:58:37 AM »
Love the tune. Man, that kicked ass.  :metal
Roads to Madness: The Touring History of Queensr˙che (1981-1997) - At the printer! Out in May 2024!

Pre-order now at www.roadstomadness.com!

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #2718 on: June 23, 2022, 11:54:06 AM »
Love the tune. Man, that kicked ass.  :metal

Yes!  :metal

It totally rips!

Online Ben_Jamin

• I'm just a man, thrown into existence by the gods
« Reply #2719 on: June 23, 2022, 12:31:57 PM »
That's an awesome song. Fits right there with The Threat is Real. I hope the album is just as good as Dystopia, because that was a nice return to that energetic Megadeth sound of old.
I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man
Follow my Spotify:BjamminD

Offline Samsara

• Queensr˙che Biographer and Historian
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Memory flows...like a river.
« Reply #2720 on: June 23, 2022, 01:51:54 PM »
That's an awesome song. Fits right there with The Threat is Real. I hope the album is just as good as Dystopia, because that was a nice return to that energetic Megadeth sound of old.

Agreed. I am really hoping that it matches or goes above Dystopia as a record. I hope it if does, Megadeth calls it a day after that. Go out in a blaze of glory.

Take Fates Warning - one of my absolute favorite bands. Theories of Flight (for me) was one of their best all around albums. Long Day Goodnight (which I assume is their last), is okay, but not as (to me) good. Wish Fates would have resisted the urge for one more album and just let Theories of Flight be it. Unless, of course, they plan to do more. But it sounds like they are at least done for the foreseeable future.

Anyway, the new Megadeth RIPS.  :metal

*praying for no cheesy ballads like the one that ruined Endgame*
Roads to Madness: The Touring History of Queensr˙che (1981-1997) - At the printer! Out in May 2024!

Pre-order now at www.roadstomadness.com!

Offline Mladen

« Reply #2721 on: June 23, 2022, 01:59:40 PM »
In my head, I had moved the new Megadeth album to the "I'll believe it when I hold it in my hands" section. It's so odd that we finally have the release date. I think I will skip the single and wait for the full release.

Unfortunately, I haven't been crazy about a new Megadeth release since The System has failed. Some of the album since were good, but I find most underwhelming. Dystopia didn't actually work for me, so my expectations aren't so high. Still, it's a band that has a special place in my heart, so I'll check out the album once it's out there.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2722 on: June 23, 2022, 04:52:30 PM »
Wow, that song is excellent.

Offline WardySI

« Reply #2723 on: July 21, 2022, 06:50:25 PM »
New song Night Stalkers with Ice T apologies to those whose time zones don't allow for this one yet shouldn't be too long a wait...

Actually like this better than the first single that outro after the strings caught me by surprise :metal

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Rl2gPKzZEs

Offline Deadeye21

« Reply #2724 on: July 21, 2022, 06:59:43 PM »
Actually like this better than the first single that outro after the strings caught me by surprise :metal

You like that better? That was a mess!

Offline faizoff

« Reply #2725 on: July 21, 2022, 07:18:57 PM »
Interesting song, it's packing a lot of different things in that one track. Might have to listen to it again with the whole album in context.
"Oh how am I doing?...eating so much pussy, I'm shitting clits, son!" - Jonah Ryan

Offline WardySI

« Reply #2726 on: July 21, 2022, 11:28:04 PM »

You like that better? That was a mess!

Oh really, a mess?  That's too bad then, I've played it through a few times today already and yeah think it's absolutely killer.  Has an ever so slight nod to Rust but hearing quite a lot of The System Has Failed-era in there too which I very much dig! :metal

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #2727 on: July 22, 2022, 10:15:27 AM »
Really liking what I've heard from this album so far. 
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline Deathless

« Reply #2728 on: July 22, 2022, 10:18:23 AM »
Whoever pissed Dave off, please keep it going. Pretty solid singles so far.

Online Grappler

• Victory, Illinois Varsity
« Reply #2729 on: July 22, 2022, 10:31:52 AM »
Whoever pissed Dave off, please keep it going. Pretty solid singles so far.

:metal   Dave always writes the best stuff when he's angry.  I think I like this song better than the first one.