Author Topic: Megadeth  (Read 355086 times)

Online El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
Re: Megadeth
« Reply #2555 on: May 28, 2021, 10:01:17 AM »
^which is why I said what he did was profoundly fucking stupid.  Especially for a guy of his age.

Mate, I agree.  He deserves the backlash he gets here IMO, it's mental.
Because we each deserve the worst of all consequences for the dumb mistakes we make. On the bright side, the dude's embarassed, ashamed, and he's lost his livelihood. Being called stupid and mental by anonymous internet folk is probably a nice respite right now.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline Ben_Jamin

• I'm just a man, thrown into existence by the gods
« Reply #2556 on: May 28, 2021, 10:27:26 AM »
^which is why I said what he did was profoundly fucking stupid.  Especially for a guy of his age.

Mate, I agree.  He deserves the backlash he gets here IMO, it's mental.
Because we each deserve the worst of all consequences for the dumb mistakes we make. On the bright side, the dude's embarassed, ashamed, and he's lost his livelihood. Being called stupid and mental by anonymous internet folk is probably a nice respite right now.

I wouldn't call Ellefson stupid and dumb. I would consider it to have been an unwise decision and choice to make. And everyone makes unwise decisions all the time, so therefore, people must be stupid and dumb.

The issue here is, the recording without consent.

That Women, shouldn't have been recording and should definitely not have shown her friend. That is an unwise choice she made. And now it's caused harm for both of them, mainly Ellefson.

Both of their unwise decisions have escalated to these consequences. And what happened, could be considered blackmail.

And in this world, you have to be wise and very careful with what you put online and do online because people will use it for blackmail and defamation. And in turn, is potentially an invasion of privacy and what two consenting adults are allowed to do, even online. There's eyes in the sky recording everything we all do.

« Last Edit: May 28, 2021, 10:34:56 AM by Ben_Jamin »
I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man
Follow my Spotify:BjamminD

Offline Ruba

« Reply #2557 on: May 28, 2021, 10:34:18 AM »
My guess is that the new bassist will be some younger and relatively unknown (read: cheap) guy, who's just happy to be playing in one of his favourite bands.

Offline Ben_Jamin

« Reply #2558 on: May 28, 2021, 10:40:20 AM »
My guess is that the new bassist will be some younger and relatively unknown (read: cheap) guy, who's just happy to be playing in one of his favourite bands.

I can see this too. One that will be happy being a hired gun for the tour only.

Don't know how his relationship with Lomenzo was, but I can see him coming back just for the tour.
I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #2559 on: May 28, 2021, 10:41:55 AM »
And therein lies the real reason I believe that Mustaine was booted from Metallica... that fantastically outsized ego. Of course this is all speculation, but I got the sense that Lars and James didn't want such a strong personality in their midst, and ended up using the alcohol abuse as a facile excuse to cut him loose. As good a guitarist/songwriter as Mustaine might have been, he was kind of a threat, whereas Kirk Hammett slotted much more easily into the vision that Lars and James had for the band.

I meant to get back to this. I think you're totally right. I don't think they loved hos personality, especially when drinking obviously, but it was probably his unpredictability that likely did him in. I just think Lars and James had a vision for their band, and they probably couldn't put their (the band's mission) trust totally in Mustaine.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline Progmetty

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2560 on: May 28, 2021, 10:57:50 AM »
I think a lot of 50+ year old people are still struggling to understand the technological advancements that resulted in the internet transformation from what it was at the times of the Geocities kinda frontiers era, to the current state and how essential it is to always assume your interactions are being watched/recorded, never assume otherwise, no matter the settings.

All I've got to say is that Mustaine is such a fuckin dipshit, I know it's well established, but it's been a while since he's reminded us of that fact.
I mean really, Megadeth disassociating from Ellefson over this? is Mustiane unaware of the kinda fanbase Megadeth has? You're not part of the culture that expects corrective actions over something like this.
And it's not like you're gonna lose sponsorship or radio play, you already don't have those things, there are no "new" Megadeth fans! it's the same bunch of people since circa. mid-00's.
I wouldn't want somebody with 18 kids to mow my damn lawn, based on a longstanding bias I have against crazy fucks.

Online El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #2561 on: May 28, 2021, 11:22:43 AM »
I think a lot of 50+ year old people are still struggling to understand the technological advancements that resulted in the internet transformation from what it was at the times of the Geocities kinda frontiers era, to the current state and how essential it is to always assume your interactions are being watched/recorded, never assume otherwise, no matter the settings.

Damn fine point, amigo. My stepfather rang me up for some computer advice the other day, and told me I could get back to him at an AOL address.  :lol

Still, he's savvy enough to be doing Cameo and whatnot, so he's not completely computer illiterate. This just probably didn't occur to him.

In any case, the fact that he brought this on himself doesn't prevent me from feeling bad for the guy. It's not like he's the only one to do something foolish, and he's been punished for it to the extreme. More than he deserves, honestly. As Mayor Quimby wished his guests, "and may all your indiscretions remain private."

All I've got to say is that Mustaine is such a fuckin dipshit, I know it's well established, but it's been a while since he's reminded us of that fact.
I mean really, Megadeth disassociating from Ellefson over this? is Mustiane unaware of the kinda fanbase Megadeth has? You're not part of the culture that expects corrective actions over something like this.
And it's not like you're gonna lose sponsorship or radio play, you already don't have those things, there are no "new" Megadeth fans! it's the same bunch of people since circa. mid-00's.
Also a damn fine point. I'd guess that in Mustaine's case he does get this. I figure it's partly that he just didn't want him in his band anymore, and partly that he's, inexplicably, rather uptight, maybe even prudish.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline EPICVIEW

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #2562 on: May 28, 2021, 11:33:29 AM »

A +
"its so relieving to know that your leaving as soon as you get paid, Its so relaxing to know that your asking now that you got your way"

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #2563 on: May 28, 2021, 11:47:55 AM »
My stepfather rang me up for some computer advice the other day, and told me I could get back to him at an AOL address.  :lol

I know at least a couple of famous musicians from '80s/'90s-era bands that I am in contact with that use an OAL email address.  On one hand, it's kinda quaint and funny.  But on the other hand, why change email addresses if you don't have to?
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline Ben_Jamin

« Reply #2564 on: May 28, 2021, 11:50:24 AM »
And therein lies the real reason I believe that Mustaine was booted from Metallica... that fantastically outsized ego. Of course this is all speculation, but I got the sense that Lars and James didn't want such a strong personality in their midst, and ended up using the alcohol abuse as a facile excuse to cut him loose. As good a guitarist/songwriter as Mustaine might have been, he was kind of a threat, whereas Kirk Hammett slotted much more easily into the vision that Lars and James had for the band.

I meant to get back to this. I think you're totally right. I don't think they loved hos personality, especially when drinking obviously, but it was probably his unpredictability that likely did him in. I just think Lars and James had a vision for their band, and they probably couldn't put their (the band's mission) trust totally in Mustaine.

I could see this too...

There's a lot more of being in a band then the music itself. And, as we know with the many lineup changes in the band, Dave is a personality that is not easily one to get along with. In this instance, Dave and his personality was a risk for the band, as that tension could implode on stage and the music will suffer. I like how they got wise in how to fire Dave, and I think that's the best way to let that kind of personality know just how much it's affecting things.

Yet, what does that personality do...Go and form it's own band, with blackjack and hookers.  :lol

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #2565 on: May 28, 2021, 11:51:05 AM »
My parents each have AOL emails.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline Ben_Jamin

« Reply #2566 on: May 28, 2021, 12:03:20 PM »

It has nothing to do with that culture stuff at all.

It's a what Dave had no choice but to do to keep the band, his business, safe. There's too much uncertainty with legal cases, and too much that can happen in regards while out touring. Touring is where I think Daves mind is set on with his business. What Dave is doing is looking out for the shorter-term and longer term for the band, as what matters right now is Touring.

And Ellefson is pretty much an at-will employee, the only owner of the band is Megadave. And when you join the business, you agree to those terms set.

It's not that Dave is a dipshit. It's just how he does business...and business is good.  :biggrin:

Online Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #2567 on: May 28, 2021, 12:47:28 PM »

Damn fine point, amigo. My stepfather rang me up for some computer advice the other day, and told me I could get back to him at an AOL address.  :lol

Still, he's savvy enough to be doing Cameo and whatnot, so he's not completely computer illiterate. This just probably didn't occur to him.

In any case, the fact that he brought this on himself doesn't prevent me from feeling bad for the guy. It's not like he's the only one to do something foolish, and he's been punished for it to the extreme. More than he deserves, honestly. As Mayor Quimby wished his guests, "and may all your indiscretions remain private."

I'm not a huge "deserve" guy; what do any of us really "deserve"?   But he's accountable for his actions.   I have to say, though that I do feel like it's unfortunate.  Unless the story has changed (and I can't access the link at work) he and the girl he was with had no intention of releasing this, a third party did.   If that's true, this could happen to any one of us at any time, and you don't need to necessarily be spilling the milk truck on the side.  I wouldn't want that to get out even if it was WITH my wife.   There's got to be some sense of decency and tolerance about.  Isn't it supposed to be true that what two consenting adults do in the privacy of the bedroom is their bizniz?     

Offline Progmetty

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2568 on: May 28, 2021, 01:11:32 PM »

Dude, have you seen the lists of celebrities' doing cameo? It's gotta be ridiculously simple to use if Gilbert Gottfried is successfully doing it  :lol

100% agreed. And I do feel bad for him as well, on a personal level as well as performance wise; Megadeth is just not the same without him. He gives the live performance an element of authenticity that Mustiane no longer provides for me, since this is strictly business for him.

I figure it's partly that he just didn't want him in his band anymore, and partly that he's, inexplicably, rather uptight, maybe even prudish.

True, it occurred to me after I posted that the statement issued by Megadeth included "with an already strained relationship".

It's a what Dave had no choice but to do to keep the band, his business, safe. There's too much uncertainty with legal cases, and too much that can happen in regards while out touring. Touring is where I think Daves mind is set on with his business. What Dave is doing is looking out for the shorter-term and longer term for the band, as what matters right now is Touring.

Although this makes sense; I cannot help but to cut him loose, fire him and severe ties? That's fuckin low, I think this is no way to treat your life-long bandmate and the sole co-founder of the band, yes that means nothing on paper, but Ellefson definitely is those things.
Anyway, you're probably right since EPICVIEW thought my opinion was A+ which means there's something profoundly wrong with what I wrote heh
Also is there an actual court case against Ellefson? I thought it was just an investigation?

It's not that Dave is a dipshit. It's just how he does business...and business is good.  :biggrin:

It maybe debatable whether he's a dipshit because of this or not, but he's definitely generally a dipshit heh

Has anybody seen these videos? Is it just dirty talk or does he actually whip it out?
I wouldn't want somebody with 18 kids to mow my damn lawn, based on a longstanding bias I have against crazy fucks.

Online MirrorMask

« Reply #2569 on: May 28, 2021, 02:05:53 PM »
I don't plan to ever look for the sexy videos of a 56 years old man, but when news broke out, I saw a meme of a guitar photoshopped to a picture of Ellefson with his shirt lifted up. And the quality of the photo was definitively the smartphone video one. So yeah, it's safe to assume he did whip it out, but I'm not interested in finding out if I'm right or wrong.
I use my sig to pimp some bands from Italy! Check out Elvenking (Power / Folk metal), Folkstone (Rock / Medieval metal), Arcana Opera (Gothic/Noir/Heavy metal) and the beautiful voice of Elisa!

Offline cfmoran13

« Reply #2570 on: May 28, 2021, 05:21:25 PM »
I can't believe Ellefson is still doing cameos through all of this.  He looks miserable in the more recent ones.  Link: https://www.cameo.com/davidellefson

Gotta earn money somehow.   He was very vocal about having to give up his ownership in Megadeth to rejoin in 2010, becoming a salaried employee of the band.  He made less money, but was happier overall. 

I'm wondering if the pandemic and lack of band activity for a full year hurt him enough financially that he started talking about it to Dave (to explain the strained relationship).  He did do some solo tours last year when he put out that Ellefson cover record, but it's not like those shows will earn a ton of money.
Ellefson has his eggs in many baskets.  He's writing books, making movies, selling coffee, has a record label.  As to how much money he makes from any or all of those things, who knows?!?  But, he definitely keeps himself more busy than most musicians out there.  I think he's already writing a new chapter in his next music "how-to" book on trusting nobody on the internet and how not to engage in online chats with strangers.

Offline YtseJam

• EZBoard Elder
  • Your mom
« Reply #2571 on: May 28, 2021, 05:24:44 PM »
I mean really, Megadeth disassociating from Ellefson over this?

So if it was your band and brand, you'd tag along with you a guy that just whacked off to a teenager and has the whole world talking about him being a groomer? You'd risk your brand, your tour, your sales and everyting over loyatly to the guy dumb enough to get himself into this perdicament? and you call him the fuckin dipshit?

Online El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #2572 on: May 28, 2021, 06:17:13 PM »
I mean really, Megadeth disassociating from Ellefson over this?

So if it was your band and brand, you'd tag along with you a guy that just whacked off to a teenager and has the whole world talking about him being a groomer? You'd risk your brand, your tour, your sales and everyting over loyatly to the guy dumb enough to get himself into this perdicament? and you call him the fuckin dipshit?
A: Those outcomes were by no means a certainty. B: The whole world wasn't talking about it. At least not until Dave sacked him. C: If I believed he'd been wronged, and I felt I could make a statement to that effect by keeping him on, then yeah. After all, there's always D. D: Estimates of Dave's net worth are between 18-25 million. I don't put much stock in estimates such as those, but I do think it's fair to say that he's made the bulk of the money he's ever going to make. The chances that this album and tour tank because of this aren't very high, and more importantly, the chances that this album and tour are what's going to turn him into the next Jay Z are much, much lower. At this point, I think his albums and tours are essentially vanity projects.
E.F. Benson

Offline cfmoran13

« Reply #2573 on: May 31, 2021, 07:11:55 AM »
Courtesy of everyone's favorite metal tabloid, Blabbermouth...

Earlier today (Sunday, May 30), Jason's wife Nicole took to her Instagram to pour cold water on fans' hopes of seeing her husband share the stage with Dave Mustaine and company.

She wrote: "Hi guys! Two things
"1. Jason is not joining MEGADETH. peace to them. Listen to metal
"2. Jason does not have social media accounts; this includes but is not limited to TikTok, Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Onlyfans and Tinder. "If you are receiving dm's from the Jason Newsted music account or any other account claiming to be Jason please know this is not Jason and proceed at your own risk".

Offline Ruba

« Reply #2574 on: June 01, 2021, 04:23:13 AM »
Courtesy of everyone's favorite metal tabloid, Blabbermouth...

Earlier today (Sunday, May 30), Jason's wife Nicole took to her Instagram to pour cold water on fans' hopes of seeing her husband share the stage with Dave Mustaine and company.

She wrote: "Hi guys! Two things
"1. Jason is not joining MEGADETH. peace to them. Listen to metal
"2. Jason does not have social media accounts; this includes but is not limited to TikTok, Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Onlyfans and Tinder. "If you are receiving dm's from the Jason Newsted music account or any other account claiming to be Jason please know this is not Jason and proceed at your own risk".

:lol . Well at least there won't be videos of him jerking off.

Offline kirksnosehair

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Bryce & Kylie's Grandpa
« Reply #2575 on: June 01, 2021, 01:30:46 PM »

In my mind this was the excuse Mustain was looking for to dump him.   There's been bad blood there for quite some time.  I don't think he should have lost his job over it.  I'm pretty sure what he did wasn't illegal. 

Online Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
« Reply #2576 on: June 01, 2021, 01:32:42 PM »
I dunno why we moved the bar to illegal for employment. I’m pretty sure we could all lose our jobs over something perfectly legal.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline kirksnosehair

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Bryce & Kylie's Grandpa
« Reply #2577 on: June 01, 2021, 03:04:35 PM »
uh, no, that's not really what I was trying to say at all.  All I was saying really is if it WERE illegal, then I would understand if they fired him for it, but since what he did WASN'T against the law it's even more absurd that he was fired from his band for it.  It seems like a harsh penalty to pay for a completely legal sexual indiscretion.  No moving of any bars required. 

Online Adami

« Reply #2578 on: June 01, 2021, 04:58:15 PM »
uh, no, that's not really what I was trying to say at all.  All I was saying really is if it WERE illegal, then I would understand if they fired him for it, but since what he did WASN'T against the law it's even more absurd that he was fired from his band for it.  It seems like a harsh penalty to pay for a completely legal sexual indiscretion.  No moving of any bars required.

I may have typed that poorly. My bad. I think I did get you. I'm saying I don't understand the argument that being fired for doing something legal is weird. Most firings are for things that are perfectly legal. The idea that he shouldn't be fired because what he did wasn't illegal is just odd to me.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline cfmoran13

« Reply #2579 on: June 01, 2021, 06:03:14 PM »
The sad thing is this story was all but dead until Dave succumbed to today's cancel culture and fired him for whatever the real reason is.  Ellefson was nothing but supportive of Dave when he had his cancer and pretty much became the face of the band for that year or two.  And, this is how he returns the gratitude.  I know it's Dave's band.  That point has been beat to death.  But, I still say "Fuck Dave!"  He's just a shitty person. 

Once again, why do I even care this much?!?

Offline Ben_Jamin

« Reply #2580 on: June 01, 2021, 06:16:53 PM »
It all depends on what the contract he signed says. And apparently the band has a zero tolerance policy for this kind of act while in contract with the band.

And if he finds fault, he could sue. But I guarantee he won't sue the band, because he knew what he signed. He should've known what this kind of act would cause if it did happen to be recorded and leaked, which it did.

He is doing the right thing by suing those who did leak this video out. They're the ones who did the defamation, not Dave. Dave and Megadeth were caught in a rut by Ellefsons decision, and the attention it caused for both Ellefson and the Megadeth brand.

And Dave is doing what is best overall for the band. As with any company, you (the employee), represent the company. Anything you do, especially in company uniform and on the job, is a representation for the company and it's image and reputation. When that customer walks in, you the employee are expected to give the customer the best service that best represents the policies and values of the company.

Here in this instance, Ellefson did not represent the company in a good light, and in turn caused a bit of a negative representation to the Megadeth brand.

That's how I see why Mustaine chose to fire Ellefson, regardless of legality of the action performed by Ellefson that caused him to be in the spotlight. And, depending on that contract he signed with the band as an employer, I feel Mustaine was in the right to be concerned for his Band and Brand of Megadeth. It was just a business decision that he felt was the best choice to make, regardless of feelings, and apparently there were already some mixed feelings already brewing.

And also, Businesses are only doing this as a reaction to all the outcry the MeToo movement has been very vocal and demanding about. It's why every business is disassociating themselves from their employees that are involved in this type of reputation caused by an employees actions. It also doesn't help when what you are employed for is responsible for the light that always shines on you. You are always under the spotlight when you are in a band, an actor, or in any Business/Industry where you can be Idolized and seen as a Role-Model.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2021, 06:22:49 PM by Ben_Jamin »

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2581 on: June 01, 2021, 06:35:44 PM »
The sad thing is this story was all but dead until Dave succumbed to today's cancel culture and fired him for whatever the real reason is. 

I don't think he succumbed to cancel culture, he used it as an reason to hide whatever the real reason is which is even hinted at in the statement.  I don't believe for one second this was actually cancel culture, because like you even said, this story had already died down.

Offline YtseJam

• EZBoard Elder
  • Your mom
« Reply #2582 on: June 01, 2021, 06:57:45 PM »
It's definitely cancel culture, but now add into it the fact that he sued him (strained relationship) and Ellefson has been capitalizing on the brand, books gigs etc. then he gets caught whacking off to a teen fan. I don't understand why so many people are having a hard time seeing why Mustaine fired him and decide to start calling him all the names. You want to represent the brand and then are stupid enough to beat off on camera? I'd fire his ass too. If you are defending him, you are probably spending too much time whacking off to little girls too.

Online Adami

« Reply #2583 on: June 01, 2021, 06:58:57 PM »
It’s not cancel culture. Not every consequence is cancel culture.

Last I checked Mustaine wasn’t caving to the thousands of fans demanding he fire Dave.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline cfmoran13

« Reply #2584 on: June 01, 2021, 07:25:39 PM »
If you are defending him, you are probably spending too much time whacking off to little girls too.
Can we please not start making snarky comments like this now?!?  Whether or not you meant to be funny, it's totally unnecessary and doesn't accomplish anything but make me want to fire back with some kind of shitty comment of my own.

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2585 on: June 01, 2021, 07:26:31 PM »
It's definitely cancel culture, but now add into it the fact that he sued him (strained relationship) and Ellefson has been capitalizing on the brand, books gigs etc. then he gets caught whacking off to a teen fan. I don't understand why so many people are having a hard time seeing why Mustaine fired him and decide to start calling him all the names. You want to represent the brand and then are stupid enough to beat off on camera? I'd fire his ass too. If you are defending him, you are probably spending too much time whacking off to little girls too.

You've never watched legal aged porn? I mean, I don't send my dick or vids to people but let's not act like he did something illegal.  In fact, considering his lawsuit, it's entirely possible he was preyed upon. Hence the revenge porn lawsuit. What two private people do is none of our business. I mostly feel terrible for his wife and family who were legitimately impacted by this.  Megadeth? I don't think this otherwise matters one bit for a thrash American metal band.  It's more than that IMO.

Online El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #2586 on: June 01, 2021, 07:32:20 PM »
It all depends on what the contract he signed says. And apparently the band has a zero tolerance policy for this kind of act while in contract with the band.

And if he finds fault, he could sue. But I guarantee he won't sue the band, because he knew what he signed. He should've known what this kind of act would cause if it did happen to be recorded and leaked, which it did.

He is doing the right thing by suing those who did leak this video out. They're the ones who did the defamation, not Dave. Dave and Megadeth were caught in a rut by Ellefsons decision, and the attention it caused for both Ellefson and the Megadeth brand.

And Dave is doing what is best overall for the band. As with any company, you (the employee), represent the company. Anything you do, especially in company uniform and on the job, is a representation for the company and it's image and reputation. When that customer walks in, you the employee are expected to give the customer the best service that best represents the policies and values of the company.

Here in this instance, Ellefson did not represent the company in a good light, and in turn caused a bit of a negative representation to the Megadeth brand.

That's how I see why Mustaine chose to fire Ellefson, regardless of legality of the action performed by Ellefson that caused him to be in the spotlight. And, depending on that contract he signed with the band as an employer, I feel Mustaine was in the right to be concerned for his Band and Brand of Megadeth. It was just a business decision that he felt was the best choice to make, regardless of feelings, and apparently there were already some mixed feelings already brewing.

And also, Businesses are only doing this as a reaction to all the outcry the MeToo movement has been very vocal and demanding about. It's why every business is disassociating themselves from their employees that are involved in this type of reputation caused by an employees actions. It also doesn't help when what you are employed for is responsible for the light that always shines on you. You are always under the spotlight when you are in a band, an actor, or in any Business/Industry where you can be Idolized and seen as a Role-Model.
I'm fairly confident that you just put 15 times more thought into the decision than Mustaine did. Nobody's questioning DM's legal right to fire him. Some of us are just calling him an asshole and a hypocrite. And as for the Megadeth brand, it is exactly what it is. It's well established and it's not going anywhere. Keeping DE in the band doesn't harm the brand at all. Mustaine's sense of decency and his enormous ego were the only things impacted, and here we are.
E.F. Benson

Online El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #2587 on: June 01, 2021, 07:34:18 PM »
If you are defending him, you are probably spending too much time whacking off to little girls too.
Can we please not start making snarky comments like this now?!?  Whether or not you meant to be funny, it's totally unnecessary and doesn't accomplish anything but make me want to fire back with some kind of shitty comment of my own.
I'll just ditto this, rather than firing back with my own brand of shitty comment.
E.F. Benson

Offline jammindude

« Reply #2588 on: June 01, 2021, 08:17:15 PM »
Ya....that was completely uncalled for. We don’t do personal attacks here.

I don’t even see eye to eye with Barry very often, but he’s family here, and I won’t tolerate those types to below the belt remarks.

Reported.
"Better the pride that resides in a citizen of the world.
Than the pride that divides when a colorful rag is unfurled." - Neil Peart

The Jammin Dude Show - https://www.youtube.com/user/jammindude

Online hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #2589 on: June 01, 2021, 08:25:12 PM »
Not the way we do things here, and you have been around long enough to know that. Knock it off.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.