Author Topic: Megadeth  (Read 354560 times)

Offline pain of occupation

• DT.net Veteran
  • DTF Official Thread Killer
Re: Megadeth
« Reply #1715 on: February 10, 2014, 08:56:42 AM »
I honestly didn't find that funny at all.

this. i seen a bunch of peeps thinking it was the bees knees.
i thought it was retarded on a number of levels.

Offline Ben_Jamin

• I'm just a man, thrown into existence by the gods
« Reply #1716 on: February 10, 2014, 10:44:47 AM »
At least they have a reason to cancel. Testament went and cancelled their show here in, NM without an explanation at all.

Hopefully they'll figure it out for the Aussie fans.
I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man
Follow my Spotify:BjamminD

Offline Outcrier

« Reply #1717 on: February 10, 2014, 01:53:06 PM »
I
I'm not too familiar with Megadeth.

Super Collider just doesn't feel like they put enough work into it.

What? How can you know they didn't put enough work into it if you don't are familiar with them?
Outcrier: Toughest cop on the force.

Offline Shadow Ninja 2.0

• Heir Transparent
  • Transcribing Existence Rivets
« Reply #1718 on: February 10, 2014, 01:54:33 PM »
Well, presumably he has heard Supercollider.

Offline Outcrier

« Reply #1719 on: February 10, 2014, 01:58:31 PM »
So?

Offline pain of occupation

• DT.net Veteran
  • DTF Official Thread Killer
« Reply #1720 on: February 10, 2014, 02:13:20 PM »
why cant notepad think that sans familiarity?

anyway, despite dismissing it after 4 listens and never revisiting, i think i can vouch for notepad as being spot on.

Offline Outcrier

« Reply #1721 on: February 10, 2014, 02:18:21 PM »
It's not about if he is right or wrong... if he never listened to other Megadeth album, how can we say they didn't put enough work into it (he's comparing the album with what)?

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #1722 on: February 10, 2014, 02:19:07 PM »
He didn't say he was comparing it to anything.  He commented on what that one album sounds like to him.
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1723 on: February 10, 2014, 02:36:58 PM »
Yeah, and he didn't even relate it to Helloween in any way! :lol
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline Outcrier

« Reply #1724 on: February 10, 2014, 02:38:16 PM »
It doesn't make sense to me saying that without knowing near nothing (if that's true) about the band discography  :corn

Like Calvin Candie says in Django: "I insist"  :lol

Offline Shadow Ninja 2.0

• Heir Transparent
  • Transcribing Existence Rivets
« Reply #1725 on: February 10, 2014, 02:49:17 PM »
A bad album is bad no matter who wrote it.

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1726 on: February 10, 2014, 03:55:28 PM »
I think I might start a poll  - Super Collider is shite compared to A,B,C,D,E, F or all of the above   :neverusethis:    I vote "all of the above"

« Last Edit: February 10, 2014, 04:03:05 PM by bl5150 »
"I would just like to say that after all these years of heavy drinking, bright lights and late nights, I still don't need glasses. I drink right out of the bottle." - DLR

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Offline ozzy554

« Reply #1727 on: February 10, 2014, 06:58:01 PM »
I liked super collider :blush
Do you read Sutter Cane?

Offline XB0BX

« Reply #1728 on: February 10, 2014, 08:46:20 PM »
Dave Mustaine cancels a tour because he feels slighted and someone refuses to publicly apologize to him? Color me shocked.

**** Dave Mustaine.

Offline Anguyen92

« Reply #1729 on: February 10, 2014, 09:37:16 PM »
I've been reading this type of news for the last few days. 

So, let me get this straight.  So, the sidewave shows were going to be Megadeth/Newsted.  Good line-up that fans would most likely like to see and both bands know each other and should have no problems playing together on the same show.  However, Newsted got pulled out for another band, then apparently, the promoter of the Soundwave Festival, itself, said that Dave made that decision when after that, Dave denied that he had anything to do with the organization of the Sidewave Shows.  He wanted an apology, but when it didn't happen, Megadeth then pulled out of all the shows for Soundwave?

Am I close to being right with this story?

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1730 on: February 10, 2014, 09:40:03 PM »

What you've stated sounds like Dave's side of the story - yes.
"I would just like to say that after all these years of heavy drinking, bright lights and late nights, I still don't need glasses. I drink right out of the bottle." - DLR

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Offline NotePad

« Reply #1731 on: February 10, 2014, 11:13:06 PM »
Well, i will add that in Super Collider there is a definite Helloween influence with the melodies....... just kidding!

Okay, I should elaborate I guess. I am familiar with Megadeth. I just haven't heard each album a dozen times, but I am familiar with some of their older stuff, the most popular of their older stuff, and have heard an am a fan of The System Has Failed.

I take back what i said about it sounding like they didn't put enough work or effort into it. That was too strong a comment and i was trying to sound bold. What I do want to say is that I feel Super Collider tried to do something different with Megadeth's music, and that's great, but it really does not come off as sounding like anything new for them. At that can be fine too, but IMHO Super Collider just also happens to sound dry and stale. It's not hard rock like i'v heard many say (maybe compared to past Megadeth it is!), but it's also not super thrashy. It's just in-between and never really takes off.

Offline Outcrier

« Reply #1732 on: February 10, 2014, 11:20:50 PM »
Well, i will add that in Super Collider there is a definite Helloween influence with the melodies....... just kidding!

Okay, I should elaborate I guess. I am familiar with Megadeth. I just haven't heard each album a dozen times, but I am familiar with some of their older stuff, the most popular of their older stuff, and have heard an am a fan of The System Has Failed.

I take back what i said about it sounding like they didn't put enough work or effort into it. That was too strong a comment and i was trying to sound bold. What I do want to say is that I feel Super Collider tried to do something different with Megadeth's music, and that's great, but it really does not come off as sounding like anything new for them. At that can be fine too, but IMHO Super Collider just also happens to sound dry and stale. It's not hard rock like i'v heard many say (maybe compared to past Megadeth it is!), but it's also not super thrashy. It's just in-between and never really takes off.

Ah, good, now it's explained... i agree with what you said about Super Collider.

Offline NotePad

« Reply #1733 on: February 11, 2014, 12:51:05 AM »
Maybe he thought since Metallica was going back to Thrash, he should take a step back  :biggrin:

Offline MrBoom_shack-a-lack

• I hit things for a living!
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #1734 on: April 22, 2014, 08:36:24 AM »
Can somone tell me if this is legit:

https://youtu.be/6sHwxjkGQcU

"I said to Nigel Tufnel, 'The door is open if you want to do anything on this record,' but it turns out Nigel has a phobia about doors." /Derek Smalls

Offline wkiml

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1735 on: April 22, 2014, 09:41:13 AM »
legit...he played with them in the last 2 weeks
Quote from: senecadawg2 on July 17, 2012, 10:54:32 PM
In defense of peanut butter...

try getting the neighbor's dog to lick your balls with a spoonful of chummus.

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1736 on: April 22, 2014, 09:50:23 AM »
That's hilarious..........apparently called Symphony Interrupted - more like Symphony Destructed.

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1737 on: November 25, 2014, 06:48:26 PM »
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1738 on: November 25, 2014, 07:06:32 PM »
Portnoy should totally join.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1739 on: November 25, 2014, 07:09:47 PM »
I hope he gets back together with his brother and works on some new Eidolon.
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Offline TheGreatPretender

• The Second Dancing Turtle
  • You are reading these words.
« Reply #1740 on: November 25, 2014, 09:29:19 PM »

Didn't even think about that. Man, that would be awesome.
"How's that for a slice of fried gold?"

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1741 on: November 25, 2014, 09:57:56 PM »
Make it Portnoy and Friedman and I'm sold  :D

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Offline TheDisposableHero

« Reply #1742 on: November 25, 2014, 10:48:53 PM »
https://chrisbroderick.com/blog/2014/11/25/i-am-leaving-megadeth/

I didn't mind Shawn Drover departing, to be honest. But this?!? I don't know but creative differences sounds like Dave Mustaine not wanting to compromise. Hopefully he can find some worthy replacements and keep Megadeth going because I would hate to see one of my all time favorite thrash metal bands go out like this.

Offline Metro

• DTF Resident Sloth
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Keeper of the Seven Sloths
« Reply #1743 on: November 25, 2014, 10:49:14 PM »
EDIT: ninja'd

Offline sneakyblueberry

• put me in coach
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #1744 on: November 25, 2014, 11:23:50 PM »
Oooh, how interesting.  I never liked Broderick anyway, almost every live video I've seen of him is clam city.  clams everywhere.

Make it Portnoy and Friedman and I'm sold  :D

This would be so sexual

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1745 on: November 26, 2014, 04:32:47 AM »

I didn't mind Shawn Drover departing, to be honest. But this?!? I don't know but creative differences sounds like Dave Mustaine not wanting to compromise. Hopefully he can find some worthy replacements and keep Megadeth going because I would hate to see one of my all time favorite thrash metal bands go out like this.

This is great news.  I could never stand Broderick.  He was amazing in Jag Panzer, but just was never a good fit for Megadeth.
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Offline Mister Gold

• The Makers of Our Own Destiny
  • Human
« Reply #1746 on: November 26, 2014, 06:06:01 AM »

This is great news.  I could never stand Broderick.  He was amazing in Jag Panzer, but just was never a good fit for Megadeth.

I'm really curious to see who they'll get to replace Broderick though. I don't see Friedman returning anytime soon, but I could see Dave convincing Chris Poland to maybe come back. That'd be sweet.
Beyond the limits of the mortal frame
To the farthest boundary of eternity
Where I, the Cosmic Sea
Watch the little ego floating in me.

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #1747 on: November 26, 2014, 09:28:57 AM »

Didn't even think about that. Man, that would be awesome.

That...actually would.  I am not sure Mustaine and Portnoy could co-exist in a band, but then again, maybe having a strong personality in the driver's seat is just what Mike needs.  Musically, and from a standpoint of the size and fame of the band, I think this would actually be an ideal gig for Mike.  While the prog side would definitely be lacking, there is some challenging metal drumming in Megadeth's music, and I think Mike would have fun with it.  And he could still get his prog fix with TA and Neal.  Even though nothing has been said about any sort of connection, it would be awesome if this worked out.
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline TheGreatPretender

• The Second Dancing Turtle
  • You are reading these words.
« Reply #1748 on: November 26, 2014, 09:38:55 AM »

It does suck, but come on. Megadeth had persevered through worse. And it's not like they're strangers to rotating drummers and guitarists. I highly doubt losing two band members will spell the end for Megadeth. Unless tomorrow Ellefson announces that he's quitting.
"How's that for a slice of fried gold?"

Offline Jaq

• Favorite song by Europe: Carrie.
« Reply #1749 on: November 26, 2014, 09:58:40 AM »
Oh good, I was starting to worry about how the line up of Megadeth had been stable for too long.  :lol
The bones of beasts and the bones of kings become dust in the wake of the hymn.
Mighty kingdoms rise, but they all will fall, no more than a breath on the wind.