Author Topic: Megadeth  (Read 355198 times)

Offline SystematicThought

• DTF.org Member
  • Carpe Diem-2020
Re: Megadeth
« Reply #1680 on: July 07, 2013, 12:49:48 AM »
The most confusing part of the video for me, well, 2 parts actually:

1) What exactly did Dave hate about his daughter hanging out with the boy and
2) Why did he throw her in the back of the station wagon like the family dog?

:lol

I did like Ellefson as the teacher and Drover as the janitor though.
God have mercy on a man
Who doubts what he's sure of.
-Bruce Springsteen

Offline Mister Gold

• The Makers of Our Own Destiny
  • Human
« Reply #1681 on: July 07, 2013, 01:57:36 AM »
The most confusing part of the video for me, well, 2 parts actually:

1) What exactly did Dave hate about his daughter hanging out with the boy and
2) Why did he throw her in the back of the station wagon like the family dog?

:lol

I did like Ellefson as the teacher and Drover as the janitor though.

I laughed so hard at 'Professor Ellefson' and whatever the heck Chris Broderick was supposed to be in that video... the random guy playing a game of catch behind teenage lovers and just randomly stands there and watches as the girl's dad antagonizes the guy and drags the girl away? :lol :lol :lol
Beyond the limits of the mortal frame
To the farthest boundary of eternity
Where I, the Cosmic Sea
Watch the little ego floating in me.

Offline aprilethereal

« Reply #1682 on: July 07, 2013, 02:59:58 AM »
I think Shawn was actually the best part of the video :lol

Offline Laich21DT

• I AM ERROR.
« Reply #1683 on: July 07, 2013, 10:59:55 PM »
I didn't mind the video too much. Certainly not what comes to mind when I think of a Megadeth video though.

Is it just me, or did Ellefson look a little bit like Brent Spiner in the vid? Either way, he was certainly the best suited for the teacher role. Dave was depicted as a dick, which is probably fairly appropriate.

I've got a plan, it involves pulling up our bootstraps, oiling up a couple of asses, and doing a little plowing of our own...... not gay sex. -Mac, It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia

Offline snapple

• Dad-bod Expert
« Reply #1684 on: July 08, 2013, 06:20:36 AM »
at least Sweating Bullets is still a cool video :)

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1685 on: July 08, 2013, 06:25:09 AM »
I've always thought Deth videos are pretty good.
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Offline snapple

• Dad-bod Expert
« Reply #1686 on: July 08, 2013, 06:35:34 AM »
I've always thought Deth videos are pretty good.

Yeah. Well, Never Walk Alone... is shit. This one was just boring. I think it had more to do with the song.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1687 on: October 01, 2013, 04:48:17 AM »

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1688 on: October 02, 2013, 04:24:43 AM »
What do you guys think of CtE Live? I've never really been crazy about the album, but I've always chalked it up to the production. Sounds like a razor to me. I think I'll enjoy the songs better on this. On the fence about getting it, though I probably will.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1689 on: October 02, 2013, 04:26:46 AM »
Yeah, I don't really know if I need another Deth DVD.  Not sure if I really will watch it to be honest.  I haven't heard or seen any footage of it.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1690 on: October 02, 2013, 04:31:43 AM »
I probably wouldn't get the DVD either, just the CD.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1691 on: October 02, 2013, 05:36:22 AM »
I don't buy live cd's anymore, I never listen to them.  I usually only go for the DVD's.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1692 on: October 02, 2013, 06:00:17 AM »
A lot of times, I actually buy both. But Megadeth is not a band that I would ever sit down and watch a live DVD. I would, however, be more apt to listen to the CD in the car, on my iPod, etc..

My thinking, or hope, is that the CtE songs will have a bit more life and feel fuller than the studio versions.

My other problem is that compared with RiP Live, this repeats She Wolf, Trust, and Peace Sells, not to mention Symphony Of Destruction, Holy Wars, and Hangar 18.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2013, 06:06:52 AM by TAC »

Offline Ultimetalhead

• The Mighty Masturbator
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • .ay rof dab s'ti dna...
« Reply #1693 on: October 02, 2013, 06:17:06 AM »
I've given up on Deth setlists having any kind of variety anymore. It's disheartening. Every once in a while they'll bust out something interesting like Ashes or Set the World Afire, but at least 60% of the setlist are songs we've seen a billion times.
Orion....that's the one with a bunch of power chords and boringly harsh vocals, isn't it?
LOOK AT THIS AWESOME SHIT AHHHHHH

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1694 on: October 02, 2013, 06:38:05 AM »
I've given up on Deth setlists having any kind of variety anymore. It's disheartening. Every once in a while they'll bust out something interesting like Ashes or Set the World Afire, but at least 60% of the setlist are songs we've seen a billion times.

Yeah, I've grabbed a number of boots off of Dime and I agree. I'm not that big of a Megadeth fan to really care that much, but being on the fence in the new live album, the fact that the 4 of the 5 additional songs were all on the last live album is bugging me.

What will they do next? youthanasia live?

Offline Ruba

« Reply #1695 on: October 02, 2013, 10:41:32 AM »

Very unlikely. They have played maybe six or seven songs from it live. And the title track and Victory only a handful of times.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1696 on: October 02, 2013, 01:09:11 PM »

Very unlikely. They have played maybe six or seven songs from it live. And the title track and Victory only a handful of times.

I was being sarcastic. I just found it cheesy that they did CtE live. RiP, I get. It's a landmark album. I just find that doing CtE is a double dip.

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #1697 on: October 02, 2013, 01:15:49 PM »
I'm hoping they play all of Risk at some point.
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1698 on: October 02, 2013, 01:45:34 PM »
I'm hoping they play all of Risk at some point.
I know you like that album, so I'll play nice.....

Offline DT89

« Reply #1699 on: October 02, 2013, 09:06:54 PM »
The new CTE live release is awful.  All the songs are tuned down a full step and the sound is just plain lifeless.

Offline Ruba

« Reply #1700 on: October 04, 2013, 10:48:37 AM »

I was being sarcastic. I just found it cheesy that they did CtE live. RiP, I get. It's a landmark album. I just find that doing CtE is a double dip.

Oh, I see. Youthanasia is just better than RIP or CTE by miles, so I wouldn't mind.

I'll check out the live version of Captive Honour though. And maybe Psychotron. There is already a kickass version of Ashes In Your Mouth on Rude Awakening, don't think they are going to top that.

Offline wkiml

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1701 on: October 04, 2013, 11:24:21 AM »

Many feel (myself included) that RIP was their masterpeace but CTE was their biggest album sales wise and what broke them to a whole new audience with the MTV Videos and such....I can see why they would want to do both, but to continue , would be redundant
Quote from: senecadawg2 on July 17, 2012, 10:54:32 PM
In defense of peanut butter...

try getting the neighbor's dog to lick your balls with a spoonful of chummus.

Offline sneakyblueberry

• put me in coach
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #1702 on: November 15, 2013, 02:14:24 PM »
CTE live is great.  Glad they finally caved in and tuned down to compensate for Daves voice. I couldn't stand another embarrassing vocal performance. Oh, and whoever talked about the production on CTE, I agree. The whole thing is just midscooped to shit, very uncomfortable listening.

Offline Ruba

« Reply #1703 on: December 22, 2013, 09:32:27 AM »

Offline pain of occupation

• DT.net Veteran
  • DTF Official Thread Killer
« Reply #1704 on: December 22, 2013, 01:52:52 PM »
ive seen lots of people creaming themselves over that Kimmel bit. i thought it sucked scrotum.

Offline XB0BX

« Reply #1705 on: December 22, 2013, 08:24:38 PM »
I'm the only person on earth that doesn't like Dave's guitar playing. I think his tone sucks, and I don't like his riffs or solos.

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1706 on: December 22, 2013, 08:27:59 PM »
I'm the only person on earth that doesn't like Dave's guitar playing. I think his tone sucks, and I don't like his riffs or solos.

"I would just like to say that after all these years of heavy drinking, bright lights and late nights, I still don't need glasses. I drink right out of the bottle." - DLR

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Offline Ultimetalhead

• The Mighty Masturbator
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • .ay rof dab s'ti dna...
« Reply #1707 on: December 22, 2013, 10:50:55 PM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j95kNwZw8YY
Orion....that's the one with a bunch of power chords and boringly harsh vocals, isn't it?
LOOK AT THIS AWESOME SHIT AHHHHHH

Offline TheGreatPretender

• The Second Dancing Turtle
  • You are reading these words.
« Reply #1708 on: December 22, 2013, 11:09:55 PM »
Megadeth's new Christmas album!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MO3AbBBtHwY&feature=share

Honestly, I wish this album would happen. There's only so much Twisted Sister Christmas music I can listen to in a month. And yeah, there's plenty of Christmas heavy metal tunes out there, but to have a full on Thrash Christmas album, from Megadeth of all bands, would be just awesome.
"How's that for a slice of fried gold?"

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1709 on: December 24, 2013, 03:36:47 AM »
I honestly didn't find that funny at all.

Offline aprilethereal

« Reply #1710 on: December 24, 2013, 04:36:08 AM »

His solos might not be the best ever, but his riffs and rhythm playing is amazing. In my opinion of course.

Offline NotePad

« Reply #1711 on: December 24, 2013, 01:25:56 PM »
I feel like i'v said this before on here, but can't find it. whatever.

I'm not too familiar with Megadeth. I do like them. I'v heard songs from System Has Failed that were awesome and plan on buy the album. I bought Super Collider awhile ago. First listen i thought i had made a big mistake. But it's grown on me.

I didn't even realize that it wasn't balls to the wall thrash until it was pointed out to me on some review and others' comments. Kingmaker was pretty megadeth thrash-y. But now when i listen to it, i can see why people say it's more rock, because it is.

Super Collider just doesn't feel like they put enough work into it. Lots of the lyrics are just plain bad TBH. I would say it almost ruins a few songs. It's nice to see Mustaine experimenting, but it just doesn't do it. Doesn't sound original at all. I like Metallica and their new stuff; they know how to make more then just metal. With Dave Mustaine and Megadeth, I cannot say the same. His attempt at a more 'hard rock' record falls flat. He is a guy  that knows thrash metal and should stick to it.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1712 on: February 10, 2014, 03:38:09 AM »
https://www.blabbermouth.net/news/megadeth-pulls-out-of-soundwave-festival-after-promoter-refused-to-apologize-to-dave-mustaine/

MEGADETH has canceled its previously announced Australian tour dates after the promoter allegedly erroneously blamed the band for removing former METALLICA bassist Jason Newsted's new project, simply called NEWSTED, from the billing of MEGADETH's "off" dates during this year's Soundwave festival.

A number of news outlets reported last week that NEWSTED had been taken off MEGADETH's side shows in Sydney and Melbourne while touring Australia on the annual Soundwave trek. The festival organizers claimed via Twitter that Jason Newsted's band was removed from the dates "at the request of MEGADETH." However, MEGADETH tour manager Jim Carroccio denied this, telling ABC New Radio: "[MEGADETH mainman] Dave Mustaine is not responsible for booting NEWSTED off [the Soundwave festival 'off' dates]. Dave did not put [Jason] on the bill and did not take him off the bill."

He added: "Dave submitted a list of bands he was comfortable with and the promoter ignored the list.

"Dave and Jason are friends [and] this has blown up into something silly."

Earlier today (Sunday, February 9), Mustaine released the following statement via the official MEGADETH Facebook page:

"Due to circumstances beyond its control, unfortunately, MEGADETH has to cancel their Australian dates.

"MEGADETH's decision is unrelated to the fact that Jason Newsted is performing at Soundwave. Jason and I spoke recently and continue to be friends."

Mustaine added in a separate posting an hour later: "All I asked for was an apology for blaming me for something I didn't do. I am still willing to play, but the promoter would rather not apologize and prefers to say I asked him to lie, which I didn't.

"Am I the only one that sees how easy it is to fix this?

"[Australian touring mogul and Soundwave promoter] AJ Maddah that I know is a wise and caring man, and I don't know what has happened to my old friend.

"My bags are packed, Aussie fans."

Maddah has since responded to Mustaine via the following series of tweets:

"Dave, we have been friends for a long time and I love you. Your family is like my own. But the only people being punished here are the fans.

"We took instructions from your representatives and we acted on those instructions, as we would with any other artist.

"I realise that you fired your agent and manager and appointed new ones during the process… And that there may have been misunderstandings or miscommunications, but none of those were at our end.

"Despite [all] of this, I sent you a statement regarding possible misunderstandings / miscommunications, apologising to fans, etc. … even though my people did everything by the book and correct protocol was undertaken getting approvals for supports. There are strings of emails supporting this, including ones forwarded with instructions to remove certain artists.

"I am not sure where and how you believe you are owed an apology. And if you are, it should be from your own reps!

"All you are doing by cancelling is punishing the fans who have had no part in any of this.

"Your reps approved your supports and sent clear instructions. They even approved artwork and press release.

"If you have a quarrel, or you were not consulted, then your issue is with your reps and not Australian reps or your old friend!

"So here it is, Dave. I apologize for whatever slight you think I have done you.

"So, does this mean tour is back on?"

Read more at https://www.blabbermouth.net/news/megadeth-pulls-out-of-soundwave-festival-after-promoter-refused-to-apologize-to-dave-mustaine/#8BFYXOOovs3lZcwZ.99

I'm not going to Soundwave but have seen Deth twice here in Australia, but this seems pretty stupid to punish the fans over this.

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1713 on: February 10, 2014, 04:22:51 AM »
Sounds reminiscent of the Van Halen Soundwave Revolution balls up...............not sure who I'd trust on this one  :D
"I would just like to say that after all these years of heavy drinking, bright lights and late nights, I still don't need glasses. I drink right out of the bottle." - DLR

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Offline Mladen

« Reply #1714 on: February 10, 2014, 04:56:50 AM »
That sucks for the Australian fans.

If this happened in my country, I would be pissed and immediately try to figure out who fucked up.  :lol