Author Topic: Megadeth  (Read 354163 times)

Offline obscure

• Properly Silly
  • DTF.org Alumni
Re: Megadeth
« Reply #1575 on: April 19, 2013, 09:46:51 AM »
 :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol  :heart

pre-ordered the album  :biggrin:

Offline aprilethereal

« Reply #1576 on: April 19, 2013, 11:39:59 PM »

Offline aprilethereal

« Reply #1577 on: April 20, 2013, 08:13:17 AM »
So the title track will be released as a single on Monday: www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00CEQOSU6

The artwork is really cool:

Offline obscure

• Properly Silly
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1578 on: April 20, 2013, 11:53:03 AM »
 :heart

Offline Scorpion

• Unreal Heir
  • DTF.org Member
  • Ragnarök around the Clöck!
« Reply #1579 on: April 20, 2013, 12:23:30 PM »
I actually like that artwork better than the real one. I may up just using this one in my iTunes.
scorpion is my favorite deathcore lobster
Hey, the length is fine :azn: Thanks!

Offline The King in Crimson

• Stuck in a glass dome since 1914!
  • Mr. Sandman, Give Me A Dream
« Reply #1580 on: April 20, 2013, 02:12:35 PM »
That's really cool.

Looks like some dingy, derelict space station. :)

Offline Scorpion

• Unreal Heir
  • DTF.org Member
  • Ragnarök around the Clöck!
« Reply #1581 on: April 20, 2013, 03:52:22 PM »
It kinda looks like the thingy on the album cover, after it hasn't been in use for a hundred years or so.
scorpion is my favorite deathcore lobster
Hey, the length is fine :azn: Thanks!

Offline adace

« Reply #1582 on: April 21, 2013, 12:58:38 PM »
A radio rip of the song's floating around. Apparently, most people think think it sucks. Not too surprised tbh.

Edit: They were right. It's as bland as they come. Not looking forward to this album.

Offline Mladen

« Reply #1583 on: April 21, 2013, 02:04:55 PM »
Yeah, I'm reading the comments all day and it's actually surprising that people are so negative about it. I thought it's really good, very melodic. The chorus has a Cryptic writings vibe, which can't be bad.  ;D

Offline aprilethereal

« Reply #1584 on: April 21, 2013, 02:23:34 PM »
I just searched for it on Youtube, but apparently the video has been deleted :-\

Offline adace

« Reply #1585 on: April 21, 2013, 02:29:23 PM »
I just searched for it on Youtube, but apparently the video has been deleted :-\
I got it through a Mediafire link. I think someone also posted it on Soundcloud.

Offline aprilethereal

« Reply #1586 on: April 21, 2013, 02:43:28 PM »
I got it through a Mediafire link. I think someone also posted it on Soundcloud.

Okay thanks, I found it.

Not great, but not really as crappy as most people claim it to be. I'm still pretty sceptical about the album. Quite incredible that this was written by the same guy who wrote the masterpiece named Endgame only a couple of years earlier.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1587 on: April 21, 2013, 03:16:45 PM »
Yeah, I'm reading the comments all day and it's actually surprising that people are so negative about it. I thought it's really good, very melodic. The chorus has a Cryptic writings vibe, which can't be bad.  ;D

Yeah, first thing I though of was CW too, could easily fit anywhere on that album.  It's okay, very different and unexpected but I think it can be a grower. 
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Offline Lowdz

« Reply #1588 on: April 22, 2013, 11:35:58 AM »
I like it. Appeals to the melodic rock fan in me. Not very thrash Megadeth-y, but certainly fits Cryptic Writings/Risk and that's fine by me. I like the guitars.

Offline Dark Castle

• DTF.org Member
  • SmegmaPrincessX
« Reply #1589 on: April 22, 2013, 11:40:59 AM »
Sounds like ass to me. It's like Dave tried mixing Bon Jovi and Guns'n'Roses. I know I'm not even a Megadeth fan, but even at that I can say this is leagues and leagues below his past work. I think he needs to put up the axe and join Fox News as a correspondent.  :tdwn

Offline obscure

• Properly Silly
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1590 on: April 24, 2013, 08:42:39 AM »
certainly fits Cryptic Writings/Risk and that's fine by me. I like the guitars.
this... pretty much...

Offline Ultimetalhead

• The Mighty Masturbator
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • .ay rof dab s'ti dna...
« Reply #1591 on: April 24, 2013, 12:09:45 PM »
Wow, this is radically different from the direction they seemed to be going with Endgame and Thirteen. I like it, because it sounds a bit like Risk, but it's jarring to hear a Megadeth song in a major key. Even most of the songs on Risk still had the minor tonality, and I can't think of many others off the top of my head except for Breadline.

I can totally see why it's getting some flak, but it won't be the only song on the album. I'm glad they tried a song like this, because it gives Risk a little bit of perspective. I still hope there's some Endgame-like thrash to be had somewhere though.
Orion....that's the one with a bunch of power chords and boringly harsh vocals, isn't it?
LOOK AT THIS AWESOME SHIT AHHHHHH

Offline Zook

• Evil Incarnate
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take My Hand
« Reply #1592 on: April 24, 2013, 08:32:33 PM »
Speaking of Breadline:

Breadline > Holy Wars

Don't get me wrong, both songs are great, but I'd rather listen to Breadline.

Offline obscure

• Properly Silly
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1593 on: April 24, 2013, 10:50:25 PM »
Dave, about this song in the June 2013 Guitar World:

"The other is "Super Collider," which is perhaps the most brightly hued song in the Megadeth canon, with an uncharacteristically optimistic lyric and a chorus built on open, ringing major chords. "It's one of those songs that makes people happy, like "A Tout le Monde," Mustaine says, referencing the 1994 Youthanasia track. "You've gotta have some songs like that that everybody can come together on." But, he's quick to stress, not too many. "I'd be lying," he admits with a slight laugh, "if I said I would dig having a whole set of songs like that."

:chill

Offline aprilethereal

« Reply #1594 on: April 25, 2013, 04:36:27 AM »
It's officially on Youtube now: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dkR-Zau3HSM

But, he's quick to stress, not too many. "I'd be lying," he admits with a slight laugh, "if I said I would dig having a whole set of songs like that."

:chill
There's hope

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1595 on: April 25, 2013, 04:43:00 AM »
I like the song quite a bit.
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Offline Ruba

« Reply #1596 on: April 25, 2013, 04:43:39 AM »
Sounds more like MEGALIFE than MEGADETH!

:rollin

Not bad, sounds Risk-y, though I like Risk's production more.

Offline aprilethereal

« Reply #1597 on: April 25, 2013, 05:04:07 AM »
Quote from: Youtube comment
I just Super Collided my head against the wall after this.
;D

Offline aprilethereal

« Reply #1598 on: April 29, 2013, 09:45:25 AM »
Dave is doing it again ::):
Quote from: https://www.blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=189120
I think "Super Collider" probably is gonna be one of our best records. And there's only been one other time in my career I felt like every single thing was in its place and that was "Countdown To Extinction". Because, you know, whenever you do a record, you always… you know where the squeak is and, you know, I remember listening to digital version of a LED ZEPPELIN live song — I think it was "The Lemon Song" or something — and you could hear the pedal, the kick pedal squeaking. So, you know, there's always gonna be something you can hear, and with "Countdown", you know, it was perfect. Every single thing was perfect. And this is the first record I've done since then why I'm absolutely 100 percent confident and satisfied with everything on the record.

Does he even notice he has been saying that about pretty much every album?

Offline Ruba

« Reply #1599 on: April 29, 2013, 10:15:57 AM »
Quote from: https://www.blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=189120
I think "Super Collider" probably is gonna be one of our best records. And there's only been one other time in my career I felt like every single thing was in its place and that was "Countdown To Extinction".

In that case, my hopes aren't high. I don't like CTE  :biggrin:.

Offline Rattlehead

« Reply #1600 on: April 29, 2013, 10:16:52 AM »
Dave is doing it again ::):
I think "Super Collider" probably is gonna be one of our best records. And there's only been one other time in my career I felt like every single thing was in its place and that was "Countdown To Extinction". Because, you know, whenever you do a record, you always… you know where the squeak is and, you know, I remember listening to digital version of a LED ZEPPELIN live song — I think it was "The Lemon Song" or something — and you could hear the pedal, the kick pedal squeaking. So, you know, there's always gonna be something you can hear, and with "Countdown", you know, it was perfect. Every single thing was perfect. And this is the first record I've done since then why I'm absolutely 100 percent confident and satisfied with everything on the record.

Does he even notice he has been saying that about pretty much every album?

He has been doing that  :facepalm: Song sounds pretty average, hopefully it will be one of the weaker tracks on the album.

Offline obscure

• Properly Silly
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1601 on: April 30, 2013, 05:57:38 AM »
I honestly don't believe he is doing it for promotional reasons (only)... when musicians go into that studio, they invest their hearts in the albums... they live with the albums .. they breathe them... they sleep with them... and the albums start to mean the world to them...

Once it's done, they start to believe and declare that it's their best work .... it's not only him.. there are millions of others....
/fangirlism

Offline wkiml

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1602 on: April 30, 2013, 12:41:30 PM »
I can only hope that this is one of the weaker songs..this song did absolutely nothing for me
Quote from: senecadawg2 on July 17, 2012, 10:54:32 PM
In defense of peanut butter...

try getting the neighbor's dog to lick your balls with a spoonful of chummus.

Offline obscure

• Properly Silly
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1603 on: April 30, 2013, 02:04:01 PM »
^ that I agree  :-\

Offline Progmetty

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1604 on: May 04, 2013, 10:56:39 PM »
Anybody knows if Five Magics remained in the set lists after the RIP anniversary tour?
I wouldn't want somebody with 18 kids to mow my damn lawn, based on a longstanding bias I have against crazy fucks.

Offline WebRaider

• Like What You Like, People...
« Reply #1605 on: May 04, 2013, 11:26:16 PM »
Just now hearing the new song. I don't think its all that bad but I'm not expecting them to come close to capturing the magic of their earlier material. Funny that I immediately felt like Dave was singing "In the Light" from Led Zeppelin in the verses  :lol

Offline seasonsinthesky

• roo)))m noise
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1606 on: May 05, 2013, 09:45:10 AM »
Anybody knows if Five Magics remained in the set lists after the RIP anniversary tour?

not according to setlist.fm, but then again, it's not accurate all the time.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1607 on: May 05, 2013, 09:51:54 AM »
. Funny that I immediately felt like Dave was singing "In the Light" from Led Zeppelin in the verses  :lol
:lol
That is funny... And true!
I can only hope that this is one of the weaker songs..this song did absolutely nothing for me
I'm with you, man.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline aprilethereal

« Reply #1608 on: May 18, 2013, 10:32:15 AM »
Kingmaker: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IgYOaUZ29ws

Better than I expected!

Offline Mindflux

• DT.net Veteran
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1609 on: May 18, 2013, 12:29:07 PM »
Kingmaker: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IgYOaUZ29ws

Better than I expected!