Author Topic: The Dark Knight Rises  (Read 218407 times)

Offline Accelerando

• Disciple of Mark Tremonti
Re: The Dark Knight Rises
« Reply #385 on: November 01, 2010, 08:57:54 PM »

Offline Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
« Reply #386 on: November 01, 2010, 08:59:48 PM »
Well. Damn.

Who made that and how long is the line to insert their penis into my mouth.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline emindead

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #387 on: November 01, 2010, 09:56:22 PM »
You like that fan art?

Offline Adami

« Reply #388 on: November 01, 2010, 10:05:50 PM »
You like that fan art?

It's clever and very well done.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline fadetoblackdude7

« Reply #389 on: November 04, 2010, 04:11:48 PM »
I just watched The Dark Knight again and it reinstated my belief that it is the greatest comic book film of all time. The story is so deep and intense and the script is so well-written that it's almost NOT a comic book film. Good stuff.

Offline Adami

« Reply #390 on: November 04, 2010, 04:12:31 PM »
I just watched The Dark Knight again and it reinstated my belief that it is the greatest comic book film of all time. The story is so deep and intense and the script is so well-written that it's almost NOT a comic book film. Good stuff.

Yes, but lots of people liked it, so it's not as good.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline fadetoblackdude7

« Reply #391 on: November 04, 2010, 04:16:09 PM »

Yes, but lots of people liked it, so it's not as good.

lol

Offline NecessaryPain

« Reply #392 on: November 04, 2010, 04:58:21 PM »

I prefer Begins, for the comments I made earlier.

But TDK is still a good film.

I would consider V For Vendetta the best comic book adaptation. The script is a lot better than any Nolan version of Batman, IMO.
Pain is temporary. Pride is forever.

Offline Adami

« Reply #393 on: November 04, 2010, 05:01:09 PM »

I prefer Begins, for the comments I made earlier.

But TDK is still a good film.

I would consider V For Vendetta the best comic book adaptation. The script is a lot better than any Nolan version of Batman, IMO.

V would have been better if it were longer. It had great potential, but was seriously rushed.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline GuineaPig

« Reply #394 on: November 04, 2010, 05:54:22 PM »
It would have been better if it wasn't awful.
"In the beginning, the universe was created. This made a lot of people very angry, and has been widely regarded as a bad idea."

Offline Adami

« Reply #395 on: November 04, 2010, 05:56:01 PM »

It wasn't awful at all. It was just super rushed. It could have been a great trilogy. But as it was, we barely had to care about any characters outside of "hey, that guy is fighting for justice.....and he throws knives, I like him!".
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline GuineaPig

« Reply #396 on: November 04, 2010, 06:02:44 PM »

It wasn't awful at all. It was just super rushed. It could have been a great trilogy. But as it was, we barely had to care about any characters outside of "hey, that guy is fighting for justice.....and he throws knives, I like him!".

Maybe.  I never read (or had any interest in reading) the comics.  But it seemed to me the plot was confounding and the ideology half-baked.  Might be issues with pacing, I don't know.
"In the beginning, the universe was created. This made a lot of people very angry, and has been widely regarded as a bad idea."

Offline NecessaryPain

« Reply #397 on: November 04, 2010, 06:04:07 PM »

It's not perfect, sure. I didn't like the ending.

But the script is pretty damn good, and considerably better than some of the forced dialogue used in TDK.

Offline Adami

« Reply #398 on: November 04, 2010, 06:06:30 PM »

But the script is pretty damn good, and considerably better than some of the forced dialogue used in TDK.

Almost everything V said was forced. That was the point, he wasn't a person, he was the embodiment of an idea and an ideal. But it was VERY forced. Like the whole speech with V words? Yea, that seemed naturally flowing.

Also, the movie would have been better with Keira Knightly or someone BRITISH and not Natalie Portman doing a bad accent.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline NecessaryPain

« Reply #399 on: November 04, 2010, 06:10:40 PM »

Almost everything V said was forced. That was the point, he wasn't a person, he was the embodiment of an idea and an ideal. But it was VERY forced. Like the whole speech with V words? Yea, that seemed naturally flowing.

Also, the movie would have been better with Keira Knightly or someone BRITISH and not Natalie Portman doing a bad accent.

It wasn't forced at all. It was poetic. Intelligent. Ridiculous, at times. That was how the film was intended to be, it didn't throw in lines at the last minute, it demonstrated that kind of intelligence/vision from the get-go.

It was a breath of fresh air considering the garbage we're used to seeing today.

And I disagree on NP, too. Her accent wasn't exactly brilliant, but she did a fine job otherwise. She's gorgeous as well.

Offline Adami

« Reply #400 on: November 04, 2010, 06:14:36 PM »
I know that's how it was supposed to be. And yes it was poetic and intelligent and so forth.

But it wasn't natural. No one talks like that. It's forced, it's overly scripted. I am not saying it's a bad thing by the way, I was FINE with it. But the argument that it was natural but TDK was forced just doesn't work. They're both pretty forced, you just liked one and not the other.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline GuineaPig

« Reply #401 on: November 04, 2010, 06:15:06 PM »
I wouldn't exactly call it intelligent either.  Maybe when you compare it to 300.

Offline NecessaryPain

« Reply #402 on: November 04, 2010, 06:27:43 PM »
I wouldn't exactly call it intelligent either.  Maybe when you compare it to 300.

Nah dude, it's about the message. 300 is just plain......pointless.

And Adami, point taken.

Offline Adami

« Reply #403 on: November 04, 2010, 06:29:48 PM »

And Adami, point taken.

300 wasn't pointless. It had a point. A huge point. An 8 inch point that found its ways to the each of the cast memebers rectums.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline NecessaryPain

« Reply #404 on: November 04, 2010, 06:36:39 PM »

And Adami, point taken.

300 wasn't pointless. It had a point. A huge point. An 8 inch point that found its ways to the each of the cast memebers rectums.

:lol

I'm all for the blue-screen. They can do some pretty cool stuff with that.

Check out Spartacus Blood and Sand if you get the chance. It has the 300-type fighting, but it's actually pretty damn good after the first couple of episodes. I'm looking forward to the second season.

Offline Adami

« Reply #405 on: November 04, 2010, 06:37:51 PM »
Nah, I didn't care about any of the fighting scenes. If I want a film from that period I'll watch Spartacus. The real one.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline ariich

• Roulette Supervillain
  • Global Moderator
  • sexin' you later
« Reply #406 on: November 05, 2010, 02:43:35 AM »
Nathalie Portman was great in V, and her accent was... adequate. Keira Knightly is rubbish so definitely shouldn't have been in it!

Ariich is a freak, or somehow has more hours in the day than everyone else.
I be am boner inducing.

Offline NecessaryPain

« Reply #407 on: November 05, 2010, 06:05:12 AM »
Nah, I didn't care about any of the fighting scenes. If I want a film from that period I'll watch Spartacus. The real one.

Honestly, it might look rubbish from the gore scenes, but it's actually quite intelligent when it gets going.

It's not as intelligent as Rome, obviously, but it's definitely more engaging. Check it out.  :hat

Offline Adami

« Reply #408 on: November 05, 2010, 09:15:15 AM »
Nathalie Portman was great in V, and her accent was... adequate. Keira Knightly is rubbish so definitely shouldn't have been in it!

I only mentioned Knightly cause they're identical twins. But seriously, an actual british actress would have been better.

Now I'm imagining V staring Jessica Hynes as the girl and Dylan Moran as V.

IMAGINE IT!
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline GuineaPig

« Reply #409 on: November 05, 2010, 09:22:38 AM »
Imagine a coherent narrative, a plausible setting, and a somewhat sensible ideological message!

Offline fadetoblackdude7

« Reply #410 on: November 05, 2010, 10:20:40 AM »
V For Vendetta is a great film, soooo deep! I don't like it as much as TDK though. I don't find anything rushed or forced about either films.

Offline Adami

« Reply #411 on: November 05, 2010, 10:21:51 AM »
V For Vendetta is a great film, soooo deep! I don't like it as much as TDK though. I don't find anything rushed or forced about either films.

It's not deep. "The government has become over controlling and the people have to revolt"

That's pretty much the Tea Party.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline fadetoblackdude7

« Reply #412 on: November 05, 2010, 10:24:03 AM »

It's not deep. "The government has become over controlling and the people have to revolt"

That's pretty much the Tea Party.

It's the minor details that give me that impression though.

Offline skydivingninja

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #413 on: November 05, 2010, 10:38:09 AM »

Pretty much.  It is a great movie though.  Happy November Fifth, everybody!

Offline Adami

« Reply #414 on: November 05, 2010, 10:38:46 AM »

What timing.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline robwebster

« Reply #415 on: November 05, 2010, 02:16:57 PM »

Cheers. I just nearly caught pneumonia trying to light some fireworks in the rain.

Well. Watching fireworks being lit, while I held an umbrella feebly over the box.

Offline Adami

« Reply #416 on: November 05, 2010, 02:18:44 PM »

Cheers. I just nearly caught pneumonia trying to light some fireworks in the rain.

Well. Watching fireworks being lit, while I held an umbrella feebly over the box.

You're a beacon of inspiration. Like V, but X because X is a more awesome letter.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline MetalJunkie

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #417 on: November 05, 2010, 02:25:13 PM »

You're a beacon of inspiration. Like V, but X because X is a more awesome letter.

Listen! Do you smell something?

Offline Adami

« Reply #418 on: November 05, 2010, 02:37:48 PM »
This just in, Rob joins the elite club of now black men, joining the current members Volk, Accelerando (Sp?) and Millah.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline MetalJunkie

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #419 on: November 05, 2010, 02:55:42 PM »
Listen! Do you smell something?