Author Topic: The biggest disappointments by your favorite bands (in real time)  (Read 25655 times)

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
Re: The biggest disappointments by your favorite bands (in real time)
« Reply #245 on: February 01, 2019, 06:34:18 AM »
Disconnected a disappointment?

Still remains is my favorite FW song, so I could never call it a disappointment. It was also one of my first FW albums, so if I had been listening through all the other iterations of the band, I might have felt differently upon first listen.

FWX on the other hand, I first saw as a disappointment, but have since grown to really enjoy it. 
« Last Edit: February 01, 2019, 06:57:35 AM by Phoenix87x »

Offline mikeyd23

« Reply #246 on: February 01, 2019, 07:19:54 AM »
Audioslave: Revelations
*snip*

Yeah, for me, each Audioslave record got weaker than the previous one. The first one was killer, the second was hit or miss, the third one was more miss than hit.

That said, there are still a couple songs on Revelations that I love - Broken City, Somedays, Jewel of the Summertime, Sound of a Gun - off the top of my head are all cool songs.

Offline pg1067

« Reply #247 on: February 01, 2019, 10:49:44 AM »
I won't shoot you, and opinions are opinions, but DIADL is miles better than either Disconnected or FWX!  In fact, I cited Disconnected as a huge disappointment earlier in the thread.

I consider Disconnected an EP. :lol
You two are cuckoo bananas  :lol :hat

Seriously, though, "I Am" and "Into the Black" are as good as any of the "concise" songs on Perfect Symmetry, Parallels or Inside Out, and "And Yet It Moves" is one of the best songs FW ever recorded.  The hidden gem is "Falling Further" on the bonus disc.

Still remains is my favorite FW song, so I could never call it a disappointment. It was also one of my first FW albums, so if I had been listening through all the other iterations of the band, I might have felt differently upon first listen.

FWX on the other hand, I first saw as a disappointment, but have since grown to really enjoy it. 

One thing I've come to learn is that what is a "favorite" or a "disappointment" is hugely influenced by when you get into a band.  I started with FW between No Exit and Perfect Symmetry.  I agree that Disconnected is better than FWX, but the former was more disappointing coming on the heels of APSOG.
"There's a bass solo in a song called Metropolis where I do a bass solo."  John Myung

Online Ben_Jamin

• I'm just a man, thrown into existence by the gods
« Reply #248 on: February 01, 2019, 11:01:28 AM »
Im more disappointed that Falling and Falling Further were split into two seperate tracks. Falling has a nice intro feel going into the Heavy Falling Further. It's like...why.
I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man
Follow my Spotify:BjamminD

Offline TheLordOfTheStrings

• I make music. I also do other stuff sometimes.
  • EB
« Reply #249 on: February 01, 2019, 11:18:44 AM »
Biggest disappointment I can think of is System of a Down not being able to get over the bullshit drama and record a new fuckin album already.
Check out the latest concept album “III: The Sparrow & The Architect”, released under my project The Circle of Wonders:

https://linktr.ee/STARCOMMANDStudios

Offline jammindude

« Reply #250 on: February 01, 2019, 01:16:01 PM »

All of this.
"Better the pride that resides in a citizen of the world.
Than the pride that divides when a colorful rag is unfurled." - Neil Peart

The Jammin Dude Show - https://www.youtube.com/user/jammindude

Offline JLa

« Reply #251 on: February 01, 2019, 02:14:55 PM »
Porcupine Tree - The Incident

One of my absolute favourites let me down bigtime and then called it quits. Horrific ending.

Opeth - Heritage
Bye bye Opeth as we knew you. Hello weird 70's act.

Offline TheCountOfNYC

« Reply #252 on: February 02, 2019, 01:44:16 AM »
Avenged Sevenfold-Hail to the King

Shinedown-Threat to Survival

Halestorm-Into the Wild Life

Sum 41-Underclass Hero

These are the four albums by artists who I love that I was underwhelmed by on initial release and to this day consider each to be among the worst in each band’s discography.

Notably missing from my list is Lulu, but tbh, I never expected much from it in the first place.
People figured out that the white thing that comes out of cows' titties could be drunk, and the relation between sweet desires and women's bellies growing up for 9 months. It can't be THAT hard to figure out how a trumpet works.”

-MirrorMask