Author Topic: The Theocracy Thread  (Read 44703 times)

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
Re: The Theocracy Thread
« Reply #245 on: October 20, 2021, 08:44:46 AM »
Dammit!

Thought we had an actual update.

Right!?!?!
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline MinistroRaven

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #246 on: March 03, 2022, 07:43:17 AM »
From their FB page:

Since Taylor is finishing the last few solos and we're in the process of getting label and release details sorted, that means the new album is finally almost done! We would like to thank you all for sticking with us through the unforeseen challenges and setbacks of the past year, and we promise your patience will be rewarded. On that note, here's a sneak peek of Taylor playing a solo from the new album. Enjoy!

https://www.facebook.com/theocracyband/videos/501169998131999 

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #247 on: March 03, 2022, 08:36:44 AM »
From their FB page:

Since Taylor is finishing the last few solos and we're in the process of getting label and release details sorted, that means the new album is finally almost done! We would like to thank you all for sticking with us through the unforeseen challenges and setbacks of the past year, and we promise your patience will be rewarded. On that note, here's a sneak peek of Taylor playing a solo from the new album. Enjoy!

https://www.facebook.com/theocracyband/videos/501169998131999 

I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #248 on: March 03, 2022, 01:30:27 PM »
Give it to me now!!!!
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #249 on: April 14, 2022, 08:02:42 PM »
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline MinistroRaven

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #250 on: October 31, 2022, 05:52:50 AM »
The new album is DONE and they are only waiting on the label to get it released.
At least that's what I get from the description posted on this YT video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vvApfkSsGhw

:metal

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #251 on: October 31, 2022, 06:01:50 AM »
Such great news. I’ll watch the clip after work.

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #252 on: October 31, 2022, 08:06:29 AM »
Giggity!

Offline ronnibran

« Reply #253 on: October 31, 2022, 10:03:31 AM »
I feel like the album has been basically done, waiting for the label, for a LONG time now.  Trying to remember what was said about it when Matt did his appearance on the Neal Morse podcast...  Even this video is 2 months old.  I'm so sick of waiting for this album, just release it already! LOL

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #254 on: November 16, 2022, 12:12:34 PM »
Seems Theocracy played two shows at the Loud And Proud Festival in Germany last month.

According to Setlist FM the setlist was:

A Tower of Ashes
The Master Storyteller
Nailed
The Gift of Music
The Sixth Great Extinction
Absolution Day
Paper Tiger
Ghost Ship
I Am

Interesting to me that half (4 of 8) of the older tracks come from As The World Bleeds.

They did premiere a new song..The Sixth Great Extinction.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RmGVNXLFP5U

Nice to see he still has the same band except for a new lead guitarist. Bosk still on bass! ;D

Offline Zook

• Evil Incarnate
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take My Hand
« Reply #255 on: November 16, 2022, 07:00:24 PM »
Did he replicate the weird auto tune effect on The Gift of Music? :p

Offline contest_sanity

« Reply #256 on: December 15, 2022, 05:22:57 PM »
I don't know if you guys are aware but Matt Smith is also involved with scoring/playing the music for a Netflix series that is still in production, with none other than the legendary Bob Rock himself. They even got feedback on a track from Kirk Hammett, as seen in the screenshot below, which is of a text exchange between Kirk and Bob Rock about one of Matt's songs for the project:

:o  :o  :o

Offline MinistroRaven

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #257 on: March 02, 2023, 08:49:52 AM »
After a long wait, we are excited to finally break the silence with some exciting Theocracy news! Not only is the new album mastered and ready to roll, but we’ve signed with a new label for its release. We appreciate your patience, as we understand that it’s been a quiet couple of years from our end. The calm before the storm. While the album has been done for a while, it took time to weigh our options and decide which would be the best path for us going forward, as you might imagine. We were fortunate enough to have several good choices in the form of offers from multiple labels, and we’re all very excited about our ultimate decision. More info to come in the following weeks. At the same time, as many of you know, we have also been working behind the scenes to right the wrongs and restore the trust violated by the actions of a former band member. To those of you who have handled this wait with grace and understanding, we thank you sincerely.
In closing, we want to thank Ulterium Records for a wonderful partnership. Not only was it a great working relationship for the last three albums, but we forged friendships and memories that will last a lifetime. A while back, Emil from Ulterium informed us that he needed to scale down his workload for the sake of his health and his family, so he was stepping away from bigger new releases. He said he wanted Theocracy to work with a label that is able to invest 100% of their time and energy into the band, and he was invaluable in helping us secure a deal with a label that we believe will do just that. So we extend a huge thank you to Ulterium, and to Emil in particular; he was vital in helping us maintain the level of quality we demanded across all of our releases, and together we released a catalog of work that we can all be proud of forever. Onward and upward!
More updates coming soon. God bless you all.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #258 on: March 02, 2023, 03:56:46 PM »
Yay!! I hope they tour.

Offline Willthescout7

« Reply #259 on: March 03, 2023, 08:13:02 AM »
I was really excited when I saw that! Matt going above and beyond to take care of those that were scammed by the former band member just cemented why I love this band so much. Cannot wait for this album!

Offline MinistroRaven

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #260 on: July 24, 2023, 08:02:27 AM »
Theocracy: Return to dust. NEW SONG

Last night at the Immortal Fest, Matt announced that the song and its accompanying video will be released next month. The performance was captured on film by someone in the audience.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZaElk-f9Obc&t=45s

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #261 on: July 24, 2023, 10:02:18 AM »
Bitchin!

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #262 on: July 24, 2023, 12:52:37 PM »
I see Bosk is still playing bass.

Jeezuz, Matt sounds great. Can't wait for this album.

Offline MinistroRaven

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #263 on: August 03, 2023, 10:59:52 AM »
From their FB page:

THEOCRACY join the Atomic Fire Records family; to release fifth studio album in autumn 2023

Atomic Fire Records is massively proud to join forces with Athens, Georgia based progressive power metal five-piece THEOCRACY. Formed in 2002 to spread their majestic metal in the likes of STRATOVARIOUS, SONATA ARCTICA and SYMPHONY-X, THEOCRACY released four critically acclaimed studio albums, building a loyal fanbase as well. Now teaming up with Atomic Fire Records, the band consisting of Matt Smith (lead/backing vocals), Ernie Topran (drums), Jared Oldham (bass/backing vocals), Jonathan Hinds (guitars/backing vocals) and Taylor Washington (guitars/backing vocals) are more than ready to take THEOCRACY to the next level.

Vocalist Matt Smith comments, "We are thrilled to be members of the Atomic Fire Records family. From our first meeting, it was obvious that they've loved and supported our music for many years, long before there was a possibility we might work together. This personal touch was very important to us, and combined with their impressive roster featuring some of our favourite bands, we are so excited to work together for this new album release and beyond!"

Atomic Fire Records A&R Markus Wosgien enthuses, "We're more than happy to welcome THEOCRACY to the Atomic Fire Records family! With their latest album »Ghost Ship,« the band created a milestone in power/progressive metal history and I remember very well that I had the CD on endless rotation in my car for several years - and it keeps blowing me away. It's just one of those records which you'd pick for a trip to a lonely island, it's an album that recalls why one has become a metalhead: Because such tunes make addicted, one needs to sing along to them, and they fulfill our hearts. With their upcoming new album, THEOCRACY have taken it all another step further and have reached a new level, without repeating themselves but with adding more diversity to their sound. The world stands in awe of an album full of hymns, beauty and pure magic once again.”

For more than 20 years, Matt Smith has been pouring his life blood into THEOCRACY, creating a legacy and back catalogue that grants him a safe space to breathe and develop his vision.
"It's my life's work," says Smith. "All I wanted to do since I was a kid was writing songs, so THEOCRACY existed in my mind for many years before the first album. It's the vehicle that has taken me all around the world and allowed me to exceed my wildest dreams by getting my songs out, and I am so thankful."

THEOCRACY's fifth studio album will see the light of the day later this year.

--- --- --- --- ---
THEOCRACY live:
13.10.2023 DE Betzdorf - Loud And Proud Festival
--- --- --- --- ---
THEOCRACY are:
Matt Smith | lead & backing vocals
Jonathan Hinds | guitars & backing vocals
Taylor Washington | guitars & backing vocals
Jared Oldham | bass & backing vocals
Ernie Topran | drums
---
THEOCRACY online:
www.theocracymusic.com
www.facebook.com/theocracyband
www.instagram.com/theocracymusic
www.twitter.com/theocracyband
www.youtube.com/@theocracyofficial
https://label.atomicfire-records.com/project/theocracy/

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #264 on: August 03, 2023, 11:06:06 AM »
This makes me happy.

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #265 on: August 03, 2023, 11:23:16 AM »

Offline gzarruk

« Reply #266 on: August 03, 2023, 03:14:07 PM »
It sounds like, "ruk, ruk, ruk, ruk, ruk." Instead of the more pleasing kick drum sound of, "gzarruk, gzarruk, gzarruk, gzarruk."

Offline Willthescout7

« Reply #267 on: August 04, 2023, 06:01:35 AM »
At long last, we have an update! Super excited!

Offline MinistroRaven

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #268 on: August 08, 2023, 09:50:24 AM »
•New single August 11•
https://theocracy.afr.link/returntodustFB

Offline MinistroRaven

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #269 on: August 11, 2023, 09:16:24 AM »
"Return To Dust" Video Premiere

Watch the video for Theocracy's new single "Return To Dust" below!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6umfhGhH-ws

You can listen to/purchase the track, and pre-order the forthcoming album Mosaic (out Oct 13, 2023) in various formats here:

https://theocracy.afr.link/returntodustFB

THEOCRACY ANNOUNCE NEW ALBUM "MOSAIC"
To be released October 13, 2023
Last week, US progressive power metal quintet THEOCRACY announced their signing to Atomic Fire Records, and the new partners aren’t wasting any time in revealing details of the group’s highly- anticipated forthcoming studio album. As brilliantly showcased by its stained-glass-window-like artwork by Steven Howard, the offering has been given the name Mosaic. The ten new hymns were recorded, produced, and mixed by THEOCRACY’s own Matt Smith at Theocracized Studios and Full Moon Studios in Athens, GA, and rounded off by skillful mastering engineers Emily Lazar and Chris Allgood at The Lodge, NY. Mosaic will be supplied in various formats (see below!) to Theocracy’s loyal followers worldwide on October 13, 2023 via Atomic Fire Records, and can be pre-ordered now.
https://theocracy.afr.link/mosaicFB
Mosaic will be available in the following formats:
-CD-digipak (EU)
-Jewelcase-CD (US)
-Various coloured vinyls (orange/black marbled | transparent/blue |  crystal clear/black high melt)
-Digital
Mosaic Track Listing:
1. Flicker
2. Anonymous
3. Mosaic
4. Sinsidious (The Dogs Of War)
5. Return To Dust
6. The Sixth Great Extinction
7. Deified
8. The Greatest Hope
9. Liar, Fool, Or Messiah
10. Red Sea

Offline gzarruk

« Reply #270 on: August 11, 2023, 09:43:47 AM »
Just recently got into the band, so really excited about this :metal
It sounds like, "ruk, ruk, ruk, ruk, ruk." Instead of the more pleasing kick drum sound of, "gzarruk, gzarruk, gzarruk, gzarruk."

Offline MinistroRaven

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #271 on: August 11, 2023, 10:56:05 AM »
Is that Eddie Trunk on drums?  :xbones

Offline Grappler

• Victory, Illinois Varsity
« Reply #272 on: August 11, 2023, 11:12:13 AM »

He even dresses just like Eddie Trunk.   :lol

Sounds like a pretty good song, though I prefer their heavier moments like the title track to Ghost Ship.

Offline MinistroRaven

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #273 on: August 11, 2023, 11:22:04 AM »

He even dresses just like Eddie Trunk.   :lol

Sounds like a pretty good song, though I prefer their heavier moments like the title track to Ghost Ship.

He does! haha

I too prefer their heavier sound. I hope we get that on this album.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #274 on: August 11, 2023, 07:24:12 PM »
Love the new song!

I hope they tour for this album.

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #275 on: August 12, 2023, 06:09:00 AM »
Love the new song!

I hope they tour for this album.

Yeah, I'm loving this track as well!

Offline MinistroRaven

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #276 on: September 15, 2023, 08:19:41 AM »
Theocracy just released a new single/video:

https://lotsofmuzik.com/theocracy-launches-new-video-single-for-upcoming-albummosaic-title-track/

I am liking this one better than the previous one.  :metal :hefdaddy

Offline ronnibran

« Reply #277 on: September 15, 2023, 01:08:47 PM »
I like the new single better than the first also.  Both great songs though.  Looking forward to the new album.  I have it preordered on vinyl.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #278 on: September 15, 2023, 01:44:39 PM »
Phenomenal track!  :hefdaddy

Offline Willthescout7

« Reply #279 on: September 16, 2023, 06:39:58 AM »
Trying to avoid listening to the singles until I have the full album in front of me...ya'll are making it difficult :lol