Author Topic: The Theocracy Thread  (Read 44053 times)

Offline Evermind

• DTF.org Alumni
Re: The Theocracy Thread
« Reply #210 on: February 09, 2020, 07:42:20 AM »
Hell, this was actually very good :metal Great song.
This first band is Soen very cool swingy jazz fusion kinda stuff.

Offline ronnibran

« Reply #211 on: February 09, 2020, 06:32:02 PM »
Amazing song.  I may like it better than anything from their last album (and I REALLY like their last album).  Just an amazing song.  Matt Smith is one of my favorite song writers.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #212 on: February 09, 2020, 06:40:32 PM »
Here's a new interview with Matt Smith. It's 50 minutes long, but I've shared it at the point where he discusses where Theocracy stands.
Kinda bummed with his answer..

https://youtu.be/Pmj6oJbvXRA?t=1526
« Last Edit: February 09, 2020, 07:04:42 PM by TAC »
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #213 on: February 09, 2020, 08:58:36 PM »
Nice song  :metal     If I had to be picky, the tinny lead sound at 2.15 grated on my ears a bit and Neal Morse wasn't a good choice to carry the aggressive vocals at 3.45  (might just be me) but overall I thought the song was pretty awesome.   I wasn't a big fan of the last Aegis track but this  :metal
"I would just like to say that after all these years of heavy drinking, bright lights and late nights, I still don't need glasses. I drink right out of the bottle." - DLR

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Offline contest_sanity

« Reply #214 on: February 10, 2020, 12:39:25 AM »
Wow, that track was phenomenal!

That interview piece was pretty crazy. Amazing that such a fucking amazing musician is also so humble to be like "listen, we're not gonna do a new Theocracy record until I feel like I have another album's worth of unique things to say and explore." Major respect when we see so many bands just putting out the same thing over and over. Frustrating, though, because of course we all want new music from the band.

EDIT: could we have Matt Smith join Sons of Apollo or something?
« Last Edit: February 10, 2020, 12:58:51 AM by contest_sanity »

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #215 on: February 12, 2020, 06:00:40 AM »
I haven't been finding much time lately for music, but that track is one of the very few in recent times that I am returning to on an almost daily basis.
"I would just like to say that after all these years of heavy drinking, bright lights and late nights, I still don't need glasses. I drink right out of the bottle." - DLR

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #216 on: February 12, 2020, 10:02:53 AM »
I haven't been finding much time lately for music, but that track is one of the very few in recent times that I am returning to on an almost daily basis.

Glad to hear that Brent. Daniel Heiman is unreal on this.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #217 on: March 14, 2020, 06:41:17 PM »
Cool session walkthrough video for And The Rest Is Mystery from Matt:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OspCIRqJNR0

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #218 on: March 20, 2020, 08:39:48 PM »

Offline ErHaO

« Reply #219 on: March 21, 2020, 09:25:45 AM »
Haha, I love it.

If he is not inspired enough for a Theocracy album, he should consider making a comedy/parody album of sorts, perhaps under another name. I think he has some real talent in that regard (also see Wynterfever).

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #220 on: April 23, 2020, 06:11:37 PM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=df31whdbqXk

New quarantine video for Project Aegis' 2013's Collide And Spark.

Offline Willthescout7

« Reply #221 on: October 23, 2020, 05:25:09 AM »
Val Allen Wood has been fired from the band for "unethical actions" and no longer represents the band in any capacity.

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #222 on: October 23, 2020, 05:27:01 AM »
Val Allen Wood has been fired from the band for "unethical actions" and no longer represents the band in any capacity.

He converted to Catholicism?  :lol
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #223 on: October 23, 2020, 05:41:58 AM »
Oh no, the dreaded “unethical actions” press release.  :lol

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • PSA: Stairway to Heaven is in 4/4
« Reply #224 on: October 23, 2020, 06:15:54 AM »
He was swindling money out of people
From a Mega Man Legends island jamming power metal to a Walrus listening to black metal, I like your story arc.
"I don't worry about nothing, no, 'cause worrying's a waste of my time"

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #225 on: October 23, 2020, 07:16:32 AM »

Is that what it was?

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #226 on: October 23, 2020, 07:25:27 AM »

Is that what it was?

Yeah there was a comment thread on Facebook that had some revealing statements, something like pressuring his fans/students for extra money for lessons or extra money for alleged travel and other band expenses
From a Mega Man Legends island jamming power metal to a Walrus listening to black metal, I like your story arc.

Offline Willthescout7

« Reply #227 on: October 24, 2020, 08:48:48 AM »
From what Matt told me, it started with a poster that was created as a gift for fans who would only pay for postage (it's an awesome poster). Wood instead, without the knowledge of the band, sold it for profit and pocketed it. He also grifted fans by soliciting "donations" for new tours, albums, equipment, dying family members, etc. Matt is now trying to reach out to those affected to figure out how to make it right and personally apologizing for Wood's actions.

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #228 on: October 24, 2020, 10:31:17 AM »
Wow!  Much respect for Matt for doing the right thing, and taking a hard but necessary action.
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline Willthescout7

« Reply #229 on: October 25, 2020, 09:08:54 AM »
I was really irritated to see that people were demanding a new album in the comments of the announcements. They just fired a partner who they had worked with for a decade and had discovered just how deeply betrayed they were. There is no way that an album is on their minds at this point. The lack of respect by the fans is astounding.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #230 on: October 25, 2020, 02:37:06 PM »
I was really irritated to see that people were demanding a new album in the comments of the announcements. They just fired a partner who they had worked with for a decade and had discovered just how deeply betrayed they were. There is no way that an album is on their minds at this point. The lack of respect by the fans is astounding.

How do you comment on an announcement?

Will, fans can be impatient. But honestly, Theocracy's last album was FOUR years ago. Their website is hardly updated. So now they let their guitarist go. OK.

Matt did say in an interview when The Rest Is Mystery was released that he's not focusing on Theocracy anyway.

But as a fan of Theocracy, that blows!

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #231 on: October 26, 2020, 07:09:46 AM »

How do you comment on an announcement?

Jesus, Joseph, and Mary, Tim. It's Facebook.  :rollin

Offline kirksnosehair

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Bryce & Kylie's Grandpa
« Reply #232 on: October 26, 2020, 01:25:54 PM »
I was really irritated to see that people were demanding a new album in the comments of the announcements. They just fired a partner who they had worked with for a decade and had discovered just how deeply betrayed they were. There is no way that an album is on their minds at this point. The lack of respect by the fans is astounding not even remotely surprising.

FTFY

Offline Willthescout7

« Reply #233 on: October 27, 2020, 05:50:40 AM »
I should clarify, I'm not against fans asking for a new album. I just thought it was very disrespectful on this one post. If it was any other post not related to the current situation I probably would have joined in.

Offline ronnibran

« Reply #234 on: December 25, 2020, 06:57:33 AM »
Theocracy stated on their Facebook this morning that they’re working on a new album:

“ Merry Christmas! Unfortunately, we didn't have time to work on a Christmas song this year...but that's because we're busy recording new music! A new Theocracy album is on the way, and lead guitars are being handled by our good friend and virtuoso Taylor Washington from Paladin. We can't wait for you to hear it, and we wish you the best in this holiday season and 2021. God bless!”

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #235 on: December 25, 2020, 07:40:41 AM »
This is awesome news. Matt said in an interview last year that he was really feeling uninspired for more Theocracy music.

Offline Willthescout7

« Reply #236 on: December 25, 2020, 08:25:40 AM »
This is awesome news. Matt said in an interview last year that he was really feeling uninspired for more Theocracy music.

The whole thing with Val Allen Wood probably pushed them to write more. It might have served as a healing and bonding process to move forward. Plus they probably wanted to wash the stink of being associated with that man off.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #237 on: December 25, 2020, 09:07:09 AM »
Well, whatever works. Theocracy is probably my favorite post 2000 band so I'm very excited for this.

Offline contest_sanity

« Reply #238 on: December 25, 2020, 11:01:39 AM »
ANOTHER FESTIVUS MIRACLE!!!

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #239 on: February 19, 2021, 08:01:13 PM »

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #240 on: February 20, 2021, 06:11:21 AM »
Fuckin eh!!!

Offline contest_sanity

« Reply #241 on: February 20, 2021, 10:31:41 AM »
Sounds amazing; hope we get the album pretty soon!

Offline kirksnosehair

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Bryce & Kylie's Grandpa
« Reply #242 on: February 21, 2021, 05:29:12 AM »
Looking forward to this  :metal

Offline MinistroRaven

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #243 on: October 19, 2021, 09:53:00 PM »
NEW VINYL EDITIONS OF "AS THE WORLD BLEEDS"

"As the World Bleeds" turns 10 years old next month, and to celebrate this there are two new vinyl editions coming out on December 3rd:
2LP White/Black marble vinyl + Blood Red vinyl - limited to 700 copies
2LP White vinyl - limited to 300 copies

Both vinyl editions includes an A2 artwork poster.

Pre-order here: https://bit.ly/3AZ9hxI

Thanks for your support everyone!

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #244 on: October 20, 2021, 08:08:06 AM »
Dammit!

Thought we had an actual update.