Author Topic: The Theocracy Thread  (Read 44876 times)

Offline ronnibran

Re: The Theocracy Thread
« Reply #280 on: September 17, 2023, 07:34:50 AM »

Offline MinistroRaven

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #281 on: September 18, 2023, 12:22:18 PM »
The album is available for review, if anyone is interested.

Offline MinistroRaven

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #282 on: September 18, 2023, 01:20:10 PM »
On their website, it mentions that the new song "Red Sea" will be a near-20 minute epic!

https://theocracymusic.com/band/?fbclid=IwAR0JSArq6kd9n2ZITIKQ95mgYbgOte0U-EpMShzAOL9Z12rLA8Ychi7uxj0_aem_AZ4giuy1FnmRKpm9UQ2raZG29Oxmv-HZ7ZKHDCfncnaxM41Hyx0wVt8WQoQNf006JTI&mibextid=Zxz2cZ

This one is a hell of. monster track, pretty well written, cohesive, melodic, this one will be a favorite of all for sure.

Offline Zook

• Evil Incarnate
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take My Hand
« Reply #283 on: September 18, 2023, 03:09:40 PM »
I listened to the new songs, all of Mosaic, half of the other one, and then Ghost Ship. They weren't bad. I stopped listening to Theocracy after As the World Bleeds because it was, to me, just a copy of Mirror of Souls, but not as good, and more preachy. I'll stick to Mirror of Souls for my Theocracy fix. The songs are great despite the lyrical content. Even though it's fantasy, it's from a source that puts a very bad taste in my mouth. Plus, it already makes me uncomfortable saying "I like Theocracy." Mirror of Souls the song has some eye rolling lyrics, but damn is it an epic song. And the fact that I love singing along to a song about the birth of Jesus makes this album a true anomaly.

I'm pretty sure Project Aegis is also religiously themed in the lyrics, but I wish he would do more songs for that.

Offline Willthescout7

« Reply #284 on: September 19, 2023, 05:51:13 AM »

I'm willing to give it a go, if you need.

Offline MinistroRaven

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #285 on: September 19, 2023, 08:19:29 AM »

Send me a PM please

Offline Grappler

• Victory, Illinois Varsity
« Reply #286 on: September 19, 2023, 08:37:33 AM »
I listened to the new songs, all of Mosaic, half of the other one, and then Ghost Ship. They weren't bad. I stopped listening to Theocracy after As the World Bleeds because it was, to me, just a copy of Mirror of Souls, but not as good, and more preachy. I'll stick to Mirror of Souls for my Theocracy fix. The songs are great despite the lyrical content. Even though it's fantasy, it's from a source that puts a very bad taste in my mouth. Plus, it already makes me uncomfortable saying "I like Theocracy." Mirror of Souls the song has some eye rolling lyrics, but damn is it an epic song. And the fact that I love singing along to a song about the birth of Jesus makes this album a true anomaly.

I'm pretty sure Project Aegis is also religiously themed in the lyrics, but I wish he would do more songs for that.

I feel the same way about this band.  The title track to Ghost Ship is probably the only song I really love.  I just can't seem to get into any more than that. 

Offline MinistroRaven

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #287 on: September 20, 2023, 03:24:31 PM »
Next Friday, we have the opportunity to interview Matt Smith. Kindly post your questions for him in this thread.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #288 on: September 21, 2023, 03:01:12 PM »
1. Any plans to tour?
2. How does he keep the rest of the band engaged with such long periods between albums? Do they all have regular jobs?
3. What is the future of Project Aegis?

would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline Willthescout7

« Reply #289 on: September 22, 2023, 05:39:59 AM »
Two Questions:

1. With 2 new members of the band, how much did that impact the recording process on this album?
2. Can He go into detail about his inspiration for the song 'Mirror of Souls?' I've always been curious.

Offline MinistroRaven

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #290 on: September 22, 2023, 10:14:40 AM »
Thank you guys, I'll include those.

Offline MinistroRaven

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #291 on: September 22, 2023, 07:40:57 PM »
The interview went well, lasting around 25-30 minutes. I plan to release it tomorrow. The video is prepared, and I'm currently editing the transcript to remove filler words like "um" and "you know," as well as ensuring proper formatting.

While I was excited to converse with him, I admit I was quite nervous, which might come across when you listen. Nonetheless, it was an enjoyable conversation, and Matt seemed to have a good time too.

Offline gzarruk

« Reply #292 on: September 22, 2023, 09:03:58 PM »
The interview went well, lasting around 25-30 minutes. I plan to release it tomorrow. The video is prepared, and I'm currently editing the transcript to remove filler words like "um" and "you know," as well as ensuring proper formatting.

While I was excited to converse with him, I admit I was quite nervous, which might come across when you listen. Nonetheless, it was an enjoyable conversation, and Matt seemed to have a good time too.

I'm sure you did great, bro! :metal
It sounds like, "ruk, ruk, ruk, ruk, ruk." Instead of the more pleasing kick drum sound of, "gzarruk, gzarruk, gzarruk, gzarruk."

Offline MinistroRaven

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #293 on: September 23, 2023, 09:58:44 AM »
Guys, I hope you can understand that English is not my first language, but my passion for music, especially Theocracy's music, drove me to conduct this interview. Enjoy my conversation with Matt Smith!

https://lotsofmuzik.com/exclusive-interview-with-matt-smith-theocracys-journey-to-mosaic-revealed/

:metal

Offline Willthescout7

« Reply #294 on: September 24, 2023, 05:45:16 AM »
Guys, I hope you can understand that English is not my first language, but my passion for music, especially Theocracy's music, drove me to conduct this interview. Enjoy my conversation with Matt Smith!

https://lotsofmuzik.com/exclusive-interview-with-matt-smith-theocracys-journey-to-mosaic-revealed/

That was a great inverview!

Offline Zook

• Evil Incarnate
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take My Hand
« Reply #295 on: September 24, 2023, 08:39:10 AM »
Great interview. I could have sworn I checked for updates on Project Aegis not too long ago, but they released a new song 3 years ago!

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #296 on: September 24, 2023, 05:27:56 PM »
Really disappointed to hear there are NO plans to tour. Seems weird that the slate would be completely clear with a new album coming out.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline MinistroRaven

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #297 on: October 02, 2023, 10:40:49 AM »

Here's your review buddy, thank you for your support.

https://lotsofmuzik.com/theocracy-mosaic-album-review-by-william-outzen/

Offline MinistroRaven

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #298 on: October 10, 2023, 09:23:14 AM »
The album is cheaper on Walmart than Amazon now:

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Theocracy-Mosaic-CD/5029673446?from=/search

Offline goo-goo

« Reply #299 on: October 12, 2023, 04:55:27 PM »
In stock at LaserCD

https://www.lasercd.com/cd/mosaic

16 bucks plus shipping

Offline MinistroRaven

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #300 on: October 13, 2023, 11:18:35 AM »

That was a great inverview!

Your review got a shout out at the press release today:

Offline MinistroRaven

• DTF.org Alumni

Offline Willthescout7

« Reply #302 on: October 16, 2023, 05:47:36 AM »
The more I listen to this album, the more impressed with it I am. Every single song is a banger.

Top 3: Sinsidious, Return to Dust, Liar Fool or Messiah

Offline ronnibran

« Reply #303 on: October 16, 2023, 08:03:18 AM »
I've been waiting to listen to this album until I have a listening party for it with my sister, who is also a Theocracy fan.  Thankfully, that is happening tonight.  I'm excited to hear it.

I ordered the vinyl months ago from Amazon, and then last week suddenly it says it isn't shipping until December.  Lame.  I'm not going to cancel the order or anything, but at least I can listen on spotify in the meantime.

Offline ronnibran

« Reply #304 on: October 16, 2023, 06:38:59 PM »
The new album ROCKS.  Like A LOT.  Finally listened to it tonight.  First impressions - lots of great rocking songs with some nice thrash parts.  Early favorites of those are Flicker and Anonymous.  The Greatest Hope actually made me teary eyed.  Great song.  Not surprisingly though, my favorite on the album is easily Red Sea. Way too early to know how this epic stacks up against something like Mirror of Souls.  Definitely need to listen to it a bunch more.

Offline Samsara

• Queensr˙che Biographer and Historian
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Memory flows...like a river.
« Reply #305 on: October 17, 2023, 12:07:15 PM »
Just discovering this band today. Almost through my first listen of their new album. Eagerly awaiting the closing track.
Roads to Madness: The Touring History of Queensr˙che (1981-1997) - At the printer! Out in May 2024!

Pre-order now at www.roadstomadness.com!

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #306 on: November 03, 2023, 07:47:11 PM »
This album is amazing. Like I expected it to be, but it is!!

Eddie Topran's drum track is incredible. I feel like this might be Matt's strongest album vocally, and he just slays the ending of Anonymous.

Red Sea is fantastic. It doesn't have the emotional pull of Mirror Of Souls, but the instrumental section is amazing.

Offline Dr. DTVT

• DTF's resident Mad Scientist
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • What's your favorite planet? Mine's the Sun!
« Reply #307 on: November 03, 2023, 08:45:53 PM »
Yeah, the instrumental part of Red Sea is killer.  It is a testament to the quality of this band that I keep buying their albums despite being an athiest.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #308 on: November 04, 2023, 09:17:56 AM »
Yeah, the instrumental part of Red Sea is killer.  It is a testament to the quality of this band that I keep buying their albums despite being an athiest.

I’m not a Satanist but I still like Slayer.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #309 on: April 03, 2024, 01:12:11 PM »
Matt has just released a cover of Fates' Quietus.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lHuPNIrsWKk

Offline thunderdog10

« Reply #310 on: April 04, 2024, 10:38:20 AM »
took me a little while to get into to it but this may be Theocracy's best album start to finish.  Matt is awesome