The Theocracy Thread

Started by contest_sanity, May 03, 2010, 04:18:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TAC

Quote from: wkiml on June 08, 2012, 09:06:35 AMwould have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Quote from: Buddyhunter1 on April 22, 2023, 05:54:45 PMTAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

bosk1

Well, since this band sucks, I don't usually follow their thread that closely.

jingle.boy

Quote from: TAC on July 31, 2021, 06:55:07 PMIf I can do it, it's idiot proof.
Quote from: Stadler on January 03, 2024, 09:00:00 AMThat's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
Quote from: hefdaddy42 on November 04, 2021, 05:14:36 AMI fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".

TAC

Quote from: wkiml on June 08, 2012, 09:06:35 AMwould have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Quote from: Buddyhunter1 on April 22, 2023, 05:54:45 PMTAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

contest_sanity

ronnibran

Fun new cover song from Matt Smith of Theocracy:  https://youtu.be/xwvqhbwlkHg

TAC

I have no idea what Mask is, but it's always great to hear Matt. Need some new Theocracy.

MinistroRaven

Mad With Power Metal And Arcade Festival Invites All Kombatants To 3rd Annual Showdown

w/ Theocracy, Lords of The Trident, Judicator, Helion Prime and more!

Villains and heroes alike will once again come together on August 10, 2019 to enjoy a buffet of power metal, arcade games and other nerdy delights at the third Mad With Power Festival in Madison, Wisconsin, USA. This one-day fest boasts seven kickass bands playing a variety of power metal and an exclusive appearance from Phillip Ahn, M.D. the actor who played Shang Tsung on Mortal Kombat II.

Headbanging isn't the only thing to do at the fest, attendees can enjoy tons of free pinball and arcade games; try to beat your friend's high score or destroy them with a head splitting fatality! Concert goers can expect other entertainment that includes metal opera battles, a heavy metal video game themed museum, and perusing the nerdy goods sold by vendors all whilst sipping the official Bos Meadery "Mad With Power" mead.

This year's 2019 lineup includes:

Theocracy - Progressive Power Metal from Athens, GA!

Lords of the Trident - Madison's own Power Metal Heroes!

Judicator - Historical Power Metal from Arizona!

Helion Prime - Sci-Fi Power Metal from California!

Novareign - Heavy Power Metal from California!

Widow - Traditional Heavy metal from North Carolina!

Fiakra - Power Metal from New Jersey!

Tickets and more information can be found at the following links:

(please note Gold and Silver VIP tickets are sold out, general admin, 18+, and sponsorship ($250) tickets still available)

Tickets: http://mothershabooboo.com/madwithpower/index.php/get-tickets/

Facebook event: https://www.facebook.com/events/620093948460813/

2019 Line-Up Spotify Playlist here.

Instagram: @madwithpowerfest

TAC

I saw that a few weeks ago. Wished I lived in Wisconsin....(not really), but I wish this was touring. I like Novareign, and I freaking Love Lords Of the Trident.

Why you not come to  Massachusetts??

jingle.boy

Quote from: Stadler on January 03, 2024, 09:00:00 AMThat's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
Quote from: hefdaddy42 on November 04, 2021, 05:14:36 AMI fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".

TAC

It sure is.

Hopefully there will be a boot of it. There's nothing on Theocracy out there.

ronnibran

Doubt it will happen, but I'd LOVE to see Theocracy live someday!  One of my favorite bands. Hope they're thinking about their next album.   In the meantime at least I'll get to hear a little of Matt singing on Neal Morse's upcoming musical.

TAC

Quote from: ronnibran on March 12, 2019, 04:17:52 PM
Doubt it will happen, but I'd LOVE to see Theocracy live someday!  One of my favorite bands. Hope they're thinking about their next album.   In the meantime at least I'll get to hear a little of Matt singing on Neal Morse's upcoming musical.

I think I've heard about that. Hopefully someone can link whatever is available ITT.

Architeuthis

So I just started reading this thread last night and decided to check out a couple songs. I listened to Mirror of Souls, and I Am.
Mirror of Souls is truly epic with Alot of great twists and turns. I noticed the high octane lead guitars more on I Am. 
Is it just me, or are the vocals always really high in the mix?  I only listened to these songs on my phone so the musical spectrum is likely subdued causing the vocals to cut through too much. So what I'm asking, do the vocals come across that way on a nice sound system?

I can allready tell that there seems to be too many words crammed into these songs which doesn't allow it to breathe. It will take a little getting used to but maybe it's a grower. I won't form my opinion based on these two songs.
  I would like to buy one of their albums, either MOS, or ATWB, or Ghost Ship. Any recommendations?

TAC

Honestly, I'd go with Ghostship. It's their most recent, and besides Easter, the Christian leaning lyrics (which are no big deal to me) are not as blatant.

Both Mirror Of Souls and As The World Bleeds are excellent though. I mean, you really can't go wrong.

ronnibran

I'll second Ghostship. If you love that you'll be sure to love the others too.

MinistroRaven

Quote from: ronnibran on March 15, 2019, 03:56:00 PM
I'll second Ghostship. If you love that you'll be sure to love the others too.

Me too

TAC

Theocracy released a cover of Angra's Time today.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pSjxX-ghyic

I hope this means the band is together making a new album!

ronnibran

Quote from: TAC on June 14, 2019, 02:24:55 PM
Theocracy released a cover of Angra's Time today.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pSjxX-ghyic

I hope this means the band is together making a new album!

That would be amazeballs!  I could never get too much Theocracy.  Never heard any Angra songs before, listening to this cover now.  Good stuff.

TAC

Matt just released A Tower Of Ashes live from The Mad With Power 3 Fest in Wisconsin from last month:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6KwHcL0mo6Q

Also, here's the full set from Progpower:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0HdrdeYCmUE&t=2735s

The Walrus

Their set at ProgPower was so damn good... My only complaint is they didn't play On Eagles' Wings because that is one of my favorite Theocracy songs. But I got Absolution Day, so that was the highlight of the show for me.

TAC

The highlight for me was Laying The Demon To Rest. It's a decent set, but I Am is like one of my least favorite songs of theirs.

jingle.boy

Quote from: TAC on September 10, 2019, 04:38:08 AM
The highlight for me was Laying The Demon To Rest. It's a decent set, but I Am is like one of my least favorite songs of theirs.

And I'm the reverse.  Laying the Demon to Rest is rather meh, whereas I love I Am.  That vocal speed-fest in the middle was impressive as all hell live.  I told Matt later, 'hell, I can't even read that fast!'

contest_sanity

LTDTR is thrash excellence, whereas "I Am" more diverse; I love the Dream Theater section near the end of "I Am." Their best track, though, is "As The World Bleeds." Was that played at ProgPower?

jingle.boy

The Walrus

Quote from: TAC on September 10, 2019, 04:38:08 AM

I Am is pretty good, I'm just surprised they ended with it and not, you know... On Eagles' Wings.  :lol

Laying The Demon To Rest was NOT a song I expected them to play. I LOVE that tune and they nailed it. I banged the f out of my head during this set and did not care who was next to me when I was windmilling.  :lol

TAC

TAC

MirrorMask

Quote from: TAC on December 19, 2019, 07:43:36 PM
Snowglobe

Funny, I'm hearing it right now!

Nothing will ever beat Wynter Fever as a Christmas song, but this one isn't bad.

I heard a couple of other songs from them, Laying the Demon to Rest and Betlehem, one day I guess I'll have to check their Mirror of Souls album. Cheesy power metal is not my main musical attraction nowadays but damn, the singer's great.

TAC

Matt is back with another Project Aegis track.

And The Rest Is Mystery

Neal Morse and Daniel FUCKING Heiman :hefdaddy

And K-lox on drums! ;D

The Walrus

Ernie and I look nothing alike :lol

jingle.boy

Quote from: TAC on February 08, 2020, 07:08:37 PM
Matt is back with another Project Aegis track.

And The Rest Is Mystery

Neal Morse and Daniel FUCKING Heiman :hefdaddy

And K-lox on drums! ;D

I saw that the other day, but still haven't watched it.

TAC

Gee thanks for the heads up!! ;D

jingle.boy

Quote from: TAC on February 09, 2020, 05:06:54 AM

First thing I thought of Thursday morning was "I should text Tim".   :lol  Work/home was kinda crazy the past few days.

TAC

Quote from: jingle.boy on February 09, 2020, 05:54:34 AM
Quote from: TAC on February 09, 2020, 05:06:54 AM

First thing I thought of Thursday morning was "I should text Tim".   :lol  Work/home was kinda crazy the past few days.

Aww.

No worries. :lol

Really cool to see Neal Morse's involvement in this. He does a great job. Daniel Heiman is amazing on this. Literally the best vocal I've heard from him since Lost Horizon. Matt Smith should write all of his music going forward.