Author Topic: Question for Anthrax Fans  (Read 952 times)

Offline WilliamMunny

• Generation Mixtape
Question for Anthrax Fans
« on: September 05, 2023, 02:53:42 PM »
Hey, everyone,

Does anyone have the 'expanded edition' of Anthrax's Sound of White Noise or Stomp 442?

The band put out these particular editions back around 2001/2002, and they had (from what I remember) some pretty awesome liner notes from Scott Ian.

I could've sworn these made it through my last purge, but alas, they are gone.

A. If someone has either of these discs–awesome!

B. Even more awesome, however, is if someone would be willing to share with me a picture of the liner notes. I can't find any mention of these anywhere, and I was hoping to reference them for something I am working on.

Beyond appreciative if anyone can help me out here,

James

Offline Samsara

• Queensr˙che Biographer and Historian
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Memory flows...like a river.
Re: Question for Anthrax Fans
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2023, 04:15:57 PM »
Between my wife and I, we might. Huge fans of Anthrax. If someone doesn't beat me to it, I'll snap some shots if we have 'em later this evening.
Roads to Madness: The Touring History of Queensr˙che (1981-1997) - At the printer! Out in May 2024!

Pre-order now at www.roadstomadness.com!

Offline ProfessorPeart

• MP.com Refugee
  • Lubed In The Face
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2023, 05:58:20 PM »
I'm positive I do. If Samsara doesn't get to it, I'll try to take a stab.
beul ni teh efac = Lube In The Face / That has to be wrong.  :lol / EDIT: Oh, it's Blue! I'm an idiot.
Pardon the interruption, but I just had to run in and celebrate the majesty of Lube in the Face as highest moment in roulette history

Offline WilliamMunny

• Generation Mixtape
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2023, 07:23:12 AM »
I appreciate you both!  :metal

Offline Samsara

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2023, 08:31:42 AM »
Sorry, we don't have the remasters. We both have copies of the originals.  :lol

I meant to text you. My bad. Hopefully Prof can hook you up!
Roads to Madness: The Touring History of Queensr˙che (1981-1997) - At the printer! Out in May 2024!

Offline ProfessorPeart

• MP.com Refugee
  • Lubed In The Face
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2023, 04:17:06 PM »
Got'em. Pics snapped and edited. Let me know how you want me to get them to you.
beul ni teh efac = Lube In The Face / That has to be wrong.  :lol / EDIT: Oh, it's Blue! I'm an idiot.
Pardon the interruption, but I just had to run in and celebrate the majesty of Lube in the Face as highest moment in roulette history

Online HOF

« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2023, 04:25:04 PM »
Looks like ProfessorPeart's got you, but Discogs often has full scans of cd booklets. Might be worth checking there in the future.

Offline ProfessorPeart

• MP.com Refugee
  • Lubed In The Face
« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2023, 06:09:55 PM »
As a Discogs junkie, I did look there, but I also knew it would be mostly useless. Doesn't matter how big a pic you upload, they only present it at a stupid tiny resolution which makes it almost impossible to read anything.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2023, 06:21:50 PM »
Just want to say that Stomp 442 is my favorite album under the Anthrax name.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline Samsara

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #9 on: September 08, 2023, 12:05:27 PM »

GREAT record.  :metal

Online faizoff

« Reply #10 on: September 08, 2023, 12:28:14 PM »
Looks like ProfessorPeart's got you, but Discogs often has full scans of cd booklets. Might be worth checking there in the future.

I too looked there, but they don't seem to have the full booklet for these editions on there.

Was your account hacked?  ;D   I figured you'd be more of the Among the Living era fan.

I too love this album, I think Sound of White Noise is my favorite of the John Bush albums. Stomp is very close.
"Oh how am I doing?...eating so much pussy, I'm shitting clits, son!" - Jonah Ryan

Offline nick_z

« Reply #11 on: September 08, 2023, 12:53:07 PM »

I'm no huge Anthrax fan, but this seems like a hot take  :biggrin:

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #12 on: September 08, 2023, 04:17:48 PM »

Was your account hacked?  ;D   I figured you'd be more of the Among the Living era fan.

I too love this album, I think Sound of White Noise is my favorite of the John Bush albums. Stomp is very close.

Among the Joey albums, I rate both Persistance Of Time and Spreading The Disease over Among The Living.

I wasn't a fan of ATL when it first came out. It's quite different from STD, and I didn't care for the hybrid hardcore approach.

I was also a huge Armored Saint fan, and believe it or not, I didn't know what to make of SOWN when it came out. It has aged really well. Stomp came out at a turbulent time in my life, and let's just say it spoke to me. Pretty much every song has a meaningful connection for me.

Volume 8 is really spotty, and I have no use for WCFYA.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline Trav86

« Reply #13 on: September 10, 2023, 05:52:38 AM »
Agreed. Sound of White Noise is my favorite Anthrax and Stomp 442 is my second. The Joey era is obviously awesome and classic, but I can’t deny that those first two with Bush are the best.
Can't we find the minds
to lead us closer to the heart?