Author Topic: The Beer Thread: Mach 2  (Read 99207 times)

Offline Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
Re: The Beer Thread: Mach 2
« Reply #875 on: April 03, 2013, 09:45:08 AM »
I went to a happy hour last week and they had $1 apple something or other drafts... I never had an apple beer (not one for flavors) but I loved it. I've tried Angry Orchard and Shock Top Apple Crisp since then... awesome.

Offline Tick

• It's time to make a change
  • DTF.org Member
  • Just another tricky day for you
Beer is good!
« Reply #876 on: April 03, 2013, 01:10:10 PM »
I love the Sam Adams Spring Thaw collection! The Maple Pecan Porter is absolutely delicious!
Yup. Tick is dead on.  She's not your type.  Move on.   Tick is Obi Wan Kenobi

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #877 on: April 03, 2013, 01:12:35 PM »
Yeah, I really liked that one too.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline Perpetual Change

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #878 on: April 03, 2013, 01:18:10 PM »
I went to a happy hour last week and they had $1 apple something or other drafts... I never had an apple beer (not one for flavors) but I loved it. I've tried Angry Orchard and Shock Top Apple Crisp since then... awesome.

I really like the Lindeman's stuff, though it's way pricey compared to those ciders. I like it way better than coolers though, because it's actually like drinking a fruit beer, rather than a carbonated vodka and cranberry.

Offline 2Timer

• The only DT fan who plays country music!
  • Don't turn your back on parrot eyes
Re: Beer is good!
« Reply #879 on: April 03, 2013, 10:02:11 PM »
I love the Sam Adams Spring Thaw collection! The Maple Pecan Porter is absolutely delicious!

I liked my first sip of that, but by the end tasted like cough syrup. I love the White Lantern!
I am God when it goes to hell
When it turns out good I'm not to blame

Offline orcus116

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #880 on: April 06, 2013, 08:02:04 PM »
Just picked up a bomber of Dayman, a coffee IPA collab between Stone, Three Brothers, and Aleman. I'll have a full report some time soon.

At the moment I'm enjoying some Rushing Duck Naysayer Pale Ale, a local brewer that opened relatively close to me over 6 months ago. I hope they expand more because their beers are top notch. Their Beanhead Porter (coffee porter) is outstanding and so is their Ded Moroz imperial russian stout, which they age in whiskey casks for their third fermentation stage.

Offline Perpetual Change

• DTF.org Alumni
Re: Beer is good!
« Reply #881 on: April 06, 2013, 08:05:29 PM »
I got Alpine Spring at a restaurant and did like it quite a bit.

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #882 on: April 06, 2013, 08:06:36 PM »
I as well went to a new local brewer today.  Had many beers, all good quality.  Brought home their Ragged Neck Rye Porter.  Great roast and smoke to this one.

https://untappd.com/beer/327458
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Offline Scrub206

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #883 on: April 14, 2013, 06:21:27 PM »
Picked it up a few days ago. Finally got a round to trying it. Oh my god, if you can find this I would definitely recommend this.

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #884 on: April 14, 2013, 06:55:09 PM »
My brother just picked up a bottle but hasn't had it yet.  I will hunt one down.

So my brother wants to wait 3 more weeks for our Jalapeno cream ale but the sucka used it in a veggie chili he made today.  Dammit! It sounds good!

Offline orcus116

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #885 on: April 14, 2013, 07:03:00 PM »
Dayman wasn't bad, although it combines two different types of bitterness that seemed to clash more often than not. Still worth a taste, though.

Offline Scrub206

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #886 on: April 14, 2013, 07:21:02 PM »
I'm not really a beer guy but i thought it was a fantastic beer, and would drink it again. I didnt seem to find any bitterness that clashed . But then again my taste buds dont worrk 100%  :lol

Offline axeman90210

• Official Minister of Awesome, and Veronica knows my name!
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Never go full Nick
« Reply #887 on: April 14, 2013, 07:57:12 PM »
Anybody else track down any KBS this year?
Photobucket sucks.

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #888 on: April 15, 2013, 05:52:51 AM »

Not yet but I here it will be on tap soon at a place my brother and I go to.  Bill, let me know the next time you are up here for a fest.  Love to get together with my brother and you.

Offline Perpetual Change

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #889 on: April 15, 2013, 07:56:23 AM »
Picked it up a few days ago. Finally got a round to trying it. Oh my god, if you can find this I would definitely recommend this.

That looks absolutely amazing.

Offline axeman90210

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Never go full Nick
« Reply #890 on: April 15, 2013, 08:42:41 PM »

Not yet but I here it will be on tap soon at a place my brother and I go to.  Bill, let me know the next time you are up here for a fest.  Love to get together with my brother and you.

Definitely man. Won't be making it up for the American Craft Beer Fest, but hoping to be up for the Belgian Beer Fest.

Drinking a Bourbon Barrel Barleywin from Central Waters tonight. These guys do barrel aged beers right.
Photobucket sucks.

Offline Scrub206

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #891 on: April 15, 2013, 10:49:29 PM »

xxx
That looks absolutely amazing.

I'm terrible with describing tastes and flavors, so I wont try, but it was definitely delicious.

Offline orcus116

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #892 on: April 27, 2013, 08:46:21 PM »
Picked up a couple more Stone collab beers to try out: Saison du Buff and The Perfect Crime. Will report back.

Offline pogoowner

• Pancake Bunny
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #893 on: April 27, 2013, 10:10:47 PM »
Picked up a couple more Stone collab beers to try out: Saison du Buff and The Perfect Crime. Will report back.
I've had The Perfect Crime. Solid, but not spectacular. Tried 21st Amendment's Hell or High Watermelon today. Very, very drinkable, but not really my type of beer. I've really been digging Troegs Nugget Nectar lately.

Offline orcus116

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #894 on: April 27, 2013, 11:26:59 PM »
They have that at the local beer store for growlers although I opted for 90 Minute instead. May do that next time.

Offline axeman90210

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Never go full Nick
« Reply #895 on: April 28, 2013, 08:55:04 AM »
Got together with some people last night and did a big Stone IRS tasting. We had bottles of the classic version from 2013 back to 2008 as well as the 2011 Belgo Anise and the 2013 Espresso variants. The biggest change in vintages was easily from '13-'12 as the hops just completely disappeared (which wasn't a bad thing imo). From 2012 back it was just a matter of slowly increasingly noticeable oxidation. The 2009 was the sweet spot for me. The Espresso version was good, but a little to coffee forward for me, and the Belgo Anise is still probably my least favorite Stone beer.
Photobucket sucks.

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #896 on: April 28, 2013, 01:30:31 PM »
Here is the Jalapeno Cream Ale that my brother & I brewed.  It's smooth with a nice, light roasted jalapeno flavor to it.  Not too strong, it's just right.  There's a slight burn to the throat after which is a great sensation for a beer.  I really like it.

Offline pogoowner

• Pancake Bunny
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #897 on: April 28, 2013, 03:29:58 PM »
That sounds great, king. I always look out for beers that feature pepper. I've liked the few that I've tried, but it hasn't become a very widespread style yet.

Offline jasc15

• TTAL: Yeti welcome
« Reply #898 on: April 29, 2013, 06:37:40 AM »
I bought some Sixpoint Bengali Tiger the other day in a 4-pack of pint cans.  Not crazy about it.  It's almost trying to be a belgian style and a hoppy pale ale at the same time.  I've liked other Sixpoint beers, but this one is just sitting in my fridge now.

Offline pogoowner

• Pancake Bunny
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #899 on: April 29, 2013, 04:49:54 PM »
My buddy swears by Bengali Tiger. I like it, but it's not a favorite. I do really like Sixpoint's cans, though, with the ridiculous little poem-like things on the back.

I had a pint of Finch's Secret Stache Stout last night. I highly recommend it.

Offline axeman90210

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Never go full Nick
« Reply #900 on: April 29, 2013, 07:04:38 PM »
I find Sixpoint to be pretty hit and miss in general. Not crazy about some of their business practices either.
Photobucket sucks.

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #901 on: May 24, 2013, 04:14:27 PM »
Brewing a Belgian wit with the bro tomorrow then watching the B's playoff game.  Win/win.

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #902 on: June 02, 2013, 06:38:19 AM »
Just tried for the first time Hoppin' Frog Outta Kilter Wee Heavy Scotch Style Red Ale and I love it!  What a unique flavor.

Offline 2Timer

• The only DT fan who plays country music!
  • Don't turn your back on parrot eyes
« Reply #903 on: June 02, 2013, 08:04:30 AM »
Leinenkugel's Big Eddy Wee Heavy Scotch Ale is great, too. Also got my hands on a Sam Adams Imperial White last weekend...fantastic!
I am God when it goes to hell
When it turns out good I'm not to blame

Offline pogoowner

• Pancake Bunny
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #904 on: June 02, 2013, 03:09:30 PM »
Just tried for the first time Hoppin' Frog Outta Kilter Wee Heavy Scotch Style Red Ale and I love it!  What a unique flavor.
Everything Hoppin' Frog brews is great. Worth the steep price, in my opinion.

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #905 on: September 30, 2013, 03:39:18 PM »
BUMP!!

Bought a Wee Heavy Scotch Ale from a local brewer, "Blue Lobster" and I can't say enough about it.

Bill if you're up here lets connect and I'll take you to them.

My brother and I will be brewing a coffee stout in two week in his back yard with a fire pit going and the tunes and beers flowing. :metal

Offline splent

• Moderator Emeritus
  • DTF's resident music educator/conductor
« Reply #906 on: September 30, 2013, 07:51:13 PM »
I'm on untappd, if it's not been posted, it's where you check in your brews.  Follow me (splent) :-)
I don’t know what to put here anymore

Offline axeman90210

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Never go full Nick
« Reply #907 on: September 30, 2013, 09:11:54 PM »
One of these days I'm gonna make it up by you Joe.

My next brewday is Sunday, making a hoppy Belgian tripel for a local homebrew competition.
Photobucket sucks.

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #908 on: October 01, 2013, 09:04:40 AM »
Sweet.  I love a strong beer.  By brother put his Peppercorn Saison in a competition and got trough to the 3rd round out of 5 rounds.  Not bad for his first time.

Offline pogoowner

• Pancake Bunny
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #909 on: October 02, 2013, 04:08:13 PM »
I'm on untappd, if it's not been posted, it's where you check in your brews.  Follow me (splent) :-)
Untappd is one of the most used apps on my phone. I love it. :lol