Author Topic: The Beer Thread: Mach 2  (Read 99215 times)

Offline black_biff_stadler

• 6th place finalist at New Orleans Skullet Fest 2010
  • DT.net Member
  • blackwater_floyd, get it?
Re: The Beer Thread: Mach 2
« Reply #805 on: September 30, 2011, 08:52:43 PM »
I'm having me one hell of a drink.  Water.  I'm not 21 so I can't drink  :biggrin:

If you weren't such a metalhead heathen I'm sure Jesus would probably come over to your place and turn it into wine. He surely needs some way to kill time between sundays.
Users who've sigged me (Join today!): LCArenas, Jakartabassplayer, LeeHarveyKennedy, Global Laziness, Portrucci, obscure, FlyingBIZKIT, alirocker08, senecadawg2, DebraKadabra, JayOctavarium, Cedar redaC, (almost) bout to crash, ? (the forum member, not the fucking punctuation mark), Zeltar, lonestar, ASacrificedSon

Offline Dark Castle

• DTF.org Member
  • SmegmaPrincessX
« Reply #806 on: September 30, 2011, 08:57:26 PM »
I'm having me one hell of a drink.  Water.  I'm not 21 so I can't drink  :biggrin:

If you weren't such a metalhead heathen I'm sure Jesus would probably come over to your place and turn it into wine. He surely needs some way to kill time between sundays.
I imagine Jesus as some guy wearing a loincloth all oiled up wearing gauntlets with crosses instead of spikes, and a crown of thorns over his head with his blood running down.  And then we mosh

• DT.net Member
« Reply #807 on: September 30, 2011, 09:26:50 PM »
That was kinda like a \m/ version of the Talladega Nights scene where Will Ferrell's wife tells him to not pray to baby Jesus.
Users who've sigged me (Join today!): LCArenas, Jakartabassplayer, LeeHarveyKennedy, Global Laziness, Portrucci, obscure, FlyingBIZKIT, alirocker08, senecadawg2, DebraKadabra, JayOctavarium, Cedar redaC, (almost) bout to crash, ? (the forum member, not the fucking punctuation mark), Zeltar, lonestar, ASacrificedSon

Offline bout to crash

• Admiral Jackbar
  • DT.net Veteran
  • Instant Erection!
« Reply #808 on: September 30, 2011, 11:45:12 PM »
report on gabf tomorrow.. maybe
Oh Jackie, always jumping to the most homoerotic possibility.

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #809 on: October 01, 2011, 04:39:43 AM »
report on gabf tomorrow.. maybe

I look forward to it.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #810 on: October 02, 2011, 04:24:13 AM »
Went out for lunch with the family yesterday and went to the Amesbury Ale House.  Had a wonderful Founders Breakfast Stout.  Yummy.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Offline Sigz

• BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD
  • DTF.org Member
  • THRONES FOR THE THRONE SKULL
« Reply #811 on: November 04, 2011, 02:44:14 PM »
Just discovered two Firestone Walekr DBAs and two Solaces hiding in my kitchen.

Day = Made
The world is a stage, but the play is badly cast.

Offline bout to crash

• Admiral Jackbar
  • DT.net Veteran
  • Instant Erection!
« Reply #812 on: November 04, 2011, 05:17:59 PM »
lol so much for my GABF report

All I need to say right now is that Deschutes' Hop Trip is THE SHIT.

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #813 on: November 04, 2011, 06:03:37 PM »
I picked up a few beers so a report tomorrow night for Y'all.

Offline carl320

• The Knight of Cups
  • EZBoard Elder
« Reply #814 on: November 04, 2011, 09:28:13 PM »
Enjoying some Founders Breakfast Stout  :D
In high school my buddies and I built a Van Der Graaf generator.  You know, to get girls.

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #815 on: November 05, 2011, 06:19:20 PM »
Brooklyn Local #2 and I have a love/love relationship.

Offline axeman90210

• Official Minister of Awesome, and Veronica knows my name!
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Never go full Nick
« Reply #816 on: November 05, 2011, 06:37:38 PM »
Such a good day so far (and it's not even over yet) :hat My cousin and I headed into NYC early because a bar was having a special Founders tapping. We got on line outside the bar 15 minutes before they opened, with about 20-25 people in front of us. At 12:30 they opened the door and started pouring Founders Canadian Breakfast Stout (a slightly bigger version of Founders Breakfast Stout aged in maple bourbon barrels). That keg kicked in 15 minutes, and we followed with Kentucky Breakfast Stout (same idea, but regular bourbon barrels instead of maple bourbon barrels). At this point I had planned on us leaving, but we ended up sharing a table with a couple other beer drinkers from NJ and decided to finish the breakfast stout family with regular Founders Breakfast Stout. From  there it was a quick walk to the Rattle n Hum to get our refund for the recently cancelled bus trip to Victory, and of course have another round. This ended up being Brooklyn's The Companion, a nice, malty wheatwine with a juicy fruitiness to it from the (I'm guessing English) ale yeast used to ferment it. We headed home from there, and after (somewhat) sobering up, I embarked on an effort to make Founders Breakfast Stout brownies, which should be done any minute :hat
Photobucket sucks.

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #817 on: November 05, 2011, 07:58:30 PM »
Sweet Bill.  I'm tasting a new beer for me right now.  The company is Green Flash Brewing Co. and I'm having their Barleywine Ale right now.  It's very good.

• DT.net Member
« Reply #818 on: November 05, 2011, 10:25:26 PM »
double post...sorry

• DT.net Member
« Reply #819 on: November 05, 2011, 10:26:25 PM »
Drinking Duck-Rabbit Milk Stout right now. It's at least 50-60% as savory as a typical smoked beer and that richness tickles me pink. This shit is decent and, as of now, I'd gladly buy it again.

Offline axeman90210

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Never go full Nick
« Reply #820 on: November 05, 2011, 10:50:49 PM »
:heart Duck Rabbit, and their Milk Stout. I hit up a couple Surly brews I got as trade extras recently. First was CynicAle, a good brew roughly in a saison style. Now working on a Bender, one of my favorite brown ales... so tasty and smooth :D
Photobucket sucks.

• DT.net Member
« Reply #821 on: November 05, 2011, 10:54:45 PM »
Glad to hear you and I agree Bill. One of these days I'd love to go on a tasty bender with you as you seem quite capably seasoned and I love you for that. We shall see my friend.

Offline Elsydeon

« Reply #822 on: December 29, 2011, 04:40:30 PM »
So I'll be in Montreal, Canada this weekend. Anyone up around there in this thread? Any breweries, packies worth checking out. Or any canadian beers that I should keep an eye out for? I'm looking to bring a bunch of beers back home, and don't say Molson  :D

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #823 on: December 29, 2011, 07:20:14 PM »
Not really.  Quebec is the spot to go for micro brews but the city still has a good array of beers.  Maybe somebody else knows better than me.  It's been a while since I've been there.

Offline axeman90210

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Never go full Nick
« Reply #824 on: December 29, 2011, 08:13:03 PM »
Don't know of any local spots/breweries, but Unibroue is from... somewhere in Canada :lol and they make wonderful Belgian style beers and are worth checking out if you haven't done so already
Photobucket sucks.

Offline Elsydeon

« Reply #825 on: December 29, 2011, 08:29:01 PM »
Thanks Axe, knew I could count on ya!

Offline FlyingBIZKIT

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #826 on: December 29, 2011, 08:48:59 PM »
Maybe one day, I will acquire a taste for beer. Not looking to bright right now.  :lol

• DT.net Member
« Reply #827 on: December 29, 2011, 08:52:30 PM »
Upon tjanurANUS' recommendation, I've bought Dogfish Head Indian Brown Ale. It's got that autumn spice thing going on with definite caramelly goodness underneath it and at 7.2% abv it's smoother than 19-year old labia minora and sure as hell tastes a lot better.

Offline bout to crash

• Admiral Jackbar
  • DT.net Veteran
  • Instant Erection!
« Reply #828 on: December 31, 2011, 12:39:02 AM »
 :rollin

Don't know of any local spots/breweries, but Unibroue is from... somewhere in Canada :lol and they make wonderful Belgian style beers and are worth checking out if you haven't done so already

Quebec, hence all the French and shit :lol

I really dig the Trois Pistoles!

Offline tjanuranus

« Reply #829 on: December 31, 2011, 12:55:10 AM »
Upon tjanurANUS' recommendation, I've bought Dogfish Head Indian Brown Ale. It's got that autumn spice thing going on with definite caramelly goodness underneath it and at 7.2% abv it's smoother than 19-year old labia minora and sure as hell tastes a lot better.

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #830 on: December 31, 2011, 05:01:04 AM »

They are in Quebec.  You've got a long drive.

Offline axeman90210

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Never go full Nick
« Reply #831 on: December 31, 2011, 04:47:55 PM »
So I'll be in Montreal, Canada this weekend. Anyone up around there in this thread? Any breweries, packies worth checking out. Or any canadian beers that I should keep an eye out for? I'm looking to bring a bunch of beers back home, and don't say Molson  :D

Just remembered Dieu du Ciel is another great Candian brewery, especially known for their imperial coffee stout Peche Mortel
Photobucket sucks.

Offline Elsydeon

« Reply #832 on: January 05, 2012, 08:28:36 PM »
So I'm back! picked up a pack of unibroue don de dieu, I'm quite happy with it....even if it cost me 15 bucks for a 6 pack...

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #833 on: January 06, 2012, 07:42:08 AM »
So I'm back! picked up a pack of unibroue don de dieu, I'm quite happy with it....even if it cost me 15 bucks for a 6 pack...

Sweet.  The do sell 22 oz bottle at my grocery store, (Market Basket) for $6 or $7.  Good beer.  Hope you had a great time.  Any picks?

Offline 2Timer

• The only DT fan who plays country music!
  • Don't turn your back on parrot eyes
« Reply #834 on: February 19, 2012, 08:07:44 PM »
Enjoying my first taste of the new Samuel Adams Alpine Spring. I never had anything like it, and it's hard to describe, but it's great!
I am God when it goes to hell
When it turns out good I'm not to blame

Offline axeman90210

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Never go full Nick
« Reply #835 on: February 19, 2012, 09:14:48 PM »
Hooray thread bump! I organized a bottle share at my local shop tonight, at any point between about 5:30 and 8:30 tonight we had 10-12 people sharing great bottles of beer. I'll do a blog post with the complete list and some impressions later this week, but lots of cool stuff got passed around.
Photobucket sucks.

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #836 on: February 20, 2012, 07:46:56 AM »
When I get home from work I'll repost my beer weekend with the new beers I had last night from Hill Farmsted.

Edit.

Maine Peeper Ale
Southern Tier 2X Cream Stout
Avery Maharaja Double IPA
Boulevard Chocolate Ale
Brooklyn Companion Wheat Wine
Left Hand Oak Aged Widdershins
Monks Cafe Flemmish Ale
Dark Horse Tres Blueberry Stout
Ommegang Seduction
Sam Addams Double Pumpkin
Corsendonk Christmas Ale
Einbecker Schwartzbier.

Also had  from Hill Farmstead that my brother picked up in VT for me,

Harlan: India Pale Ale
Society and Solitude #2
« Last Edit: February 20, 2012, 04:02:49 PM by kingshmegland »

Offline ThroughHerEyesDude6

• Studio Artist
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Art keeps me alive
« Reply #837 on: March 30, 2012, 09:10:19 PM »
Havinme some St. Bernardus Prior 8 Belgian Abbey Ale Watou whateverthefuckit';scalled and getting a goo dbzz going. :)

One pint motherf(%#^#ers!

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #838 on: March 31, 2012, 05:05:44 AM »
Shared a bottle of Longtrail Coffee Stout with the Mrs. last night.

Offline 2Timer

• The only DT fan who plays country music!
  • Don't turn your back on parrot eyes
« Reply #839 on: September 21, 2012, 03:46:04 PM »
BUMP!

If you like Sam Adams Oktoberfest, I highly recommend trying Dundee's version. Almost as great, and about $12 less per case.
I am God when it goes to hell
When it turns out good I'm not to blame