Author Topic: Help Please. Problems with effects loop on my amp...  (Read 963 times)

Offline Dr. Awesome

Help Please. Problems with effects loop on my amp...
« on: April 25, 2010, 11:28:32 PM »
I have a Fender Ultimate Chorus amp and I have been using the effects loop for about a year now to run a Boss DD-3 Delay and a Boss Phase Shifter pedal.  Today I noticed that when I use the delay with my distortion (both my pedal, and through the amp's drive channel) I get a horrible fuzzy interference sort of sound.  It has never happened before today.  I don't get the fuzz when I connect my pedals in a chain and don't use the loop, but I really prefer the sound I used to get through the loop.  I checked my cables and they all seem to be working fine, which leads me to believe it's a problem with the amp itself.  Does anyone know how I can fix this myself or will I have to send my amp away?  Any ideas how much this sort of thing might cost?
Any help would be greatly appreciated, and I thank you all in advance.

Offline SPNKr

• DTF.org Member
Re: Help Please. Problems with effects loop on my amp...
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2010, 11:44:21 PM »
Dunno if this is the correct place for this thread.

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2010, 05:01:49 AM »
You seem to have a real problem putting threads in the correct forum.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline TimmyHiggy

• Not the droid you are looking for
  • Maybe its just another drill?
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2010, 05:30:57 AM »
Does it still do the noise when you just put a cable that runs from the send to the return on the loop?
That should be OK to do I think, but might want to get confirmation from someone else. I'd hate to be responsible for you shorting out your amp!
i heard if you put bread in the rooof of your mouth it means oyu don't cvry when you're shoocppig ononsosni.
<br />/I vea aben told buy   spletn spencer adn timhiggy and that zletar guy to potost gcase imm drunk for the fist imeiiiiiiiiiiiii eoand evryoen ois mkaking funof eme :O(<br />
<br />

Offline Fuzzboy

• I'm keepin the damn christmas avatar
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2010, 02:42:08 PM »
That should be OK to do I think,

It's perfectly ok, don't worry. Go ahead and try it.

In fact, try that, but with different cables, so you know if it only happens with one cable, it's not your amp.
women cops are a joke

to get a boner is just put pressure on the dick