Author Topic: Best live DVDs.  (Read 5560 times)

Offline sneakyblueberry

• put me in coach
  • DTF.org Member
Re: Best live DVDs.
« Reply #35 on: July 26, 2010, 05:10:07 PM »
Fleetwood Mac - The Dance

I saw ZBomber had posted and immediately knew this would be included.

Seconded this + any Maiden DVD.

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
Re: Best live DVDs.
« Reply #36 on: July 26, 2010, 05:20:32 PM »
A lot of my choices are already mentioned, so I won't rehash them.  But I will add:

-Garth Brooks - Live From Central Park:  I don't really like most country music, but this is just a fantastic performance.  Garth is just a maniac on stage during this performance.  The guest performers also add a lot, as does Garth's reaction to a lot of them.  I mean, here's a guy who jammed Central Park full of people, who still manages to look absolutely starstruck when Billy Joel joins him onstage.

-Neal Morse - Testimony Live:  Great show.  Not the most technically brilliant performance or the most visually impressive concert by any stretch, but the songs really come to life, and Neal and co. really seem to be enjoying themselves (even more than usual).

-Journey - 2001:  Steve Augeri was truly the perfect front man for the band during this era.  He did the Perry tunes the band was know for justice while breathing new life into them while bringing a new energy to the new material.  This show was a great set list of classics, a few rare tracks, and a few new ones that were performed wonderfully and energetically.  And it is shot well for DVD as well.
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."