Author Topic: The James Bond Thread  (Read 43901 times)

Offline fadetoblackdude7

Re: The James Bond Thread
« Reply #700 on: July 16, 2018, 07:27:40 AM »
Interesting that you enjoyed Spectre as much as you did. I do too, but itís generally received negatively in the fan base due to the weaker script. Are you gonna watch the rest of the series? Itís a hell of a trip!

Offline MirrorMask

« Reply #701 on: July 16, 2018, 09:28:19 AM »
It took me forever to watch even the most current ones, someday down the line I consider watching them but not anytime soon.

And how can a script with "fist fight on board of a spinning helicopter hovering above a crowded square" be weak?  :lol

(More seriously, the story is what it is, I didn't find it particularly bad or weak, it was in line with the other movies)
I use my sig to pimp some bands from Italy! Check out Elvenking (Power / Folk metal), Folkstone (Rock / Medieval metal), Arcana Opera (Gothic/Noir/Heavy metal) and the beautiful voice of Elisa!

Offline fadetoblackdude7

« Reply #702 on: July 16, 2018, 10:06:13 AM »
It was what they did with Blofeld and Spectre in general that was weak. They kind of did it half assed. Wasnít developed well enough.

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #703 on: August 25, 2018, 04:14:41 AM »
Don't play with me, cause you're playing with fire

Offline fadetoblackdude7

« Reply #704 on: August 25, 2018, 08:27:24 AM »
Danny boyle has quit from directing the new bond film

https://news.sky.com/story/new-james-bond-movie-delayed-after-director-danny-boyle-quits-11481157

Yeah that shits crazy. If they keep Hodgeís script, hopefully they can find a replacement quick enough that they donít have to miss a beat and still make the deadline.

Offline Kattelox

• Cart Corral Crusader
« Reply #705 on: August 25, 2018, 08:34:34 AM »
Well, hopefully they can find someone soon who can make the film the best it can be... Feels like forever between Bond films, so a delay isn't going to help.
RYM || Last.FM
"No Christ, God, nor religion gave me the answers I was looking for" - Timo Tolkki

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #706 on: September 18, 2018, 05:12:02 PM »
Skyfall is not my favorite bond film, but I think it might have my favorite moment in the entire series.

When silva has him in the chair and he's trying to rattle him by flirting with him and without missing a beat, craig is like "who said its my first time". What a come back, :clap:  bravo sir
Don't play with me, cause you're playing with fire

Offline Polarbear

« Reply #707 on: September 21, 2018, 07:50:48 AM »
It looks like Cary Fukunaga is directing the next bond film.

Really weird choice. He made Beast of No Nation, and directed/ produced some episodes of True Detective.

I'm pretty interested to see the direction he's taking Bond!

Offline Polarbear

« Reply #708 on: September 21, 2018, 07:52:22 AM »
Double post.

Offline fadetoblackdude7

« Reply #709 on: September 21, 2018, 09:28:35 AM »
Iím not familiar with any of his work, but people on the James Bond forum that I stalk say that he is definitely the right choice without a doubt. So fingers crossed!

Offline Kattelox

• Cart Corral Crusader
« Reply #710 on: September 21, 2018, 09:32:51 AM »
Skyfall is not my favorite bond film, but I think it might have my favorite moment in the entire series.

When silva has him in the chair and he's trying to rattle him by flirting with him and without missing a beat, craig is like "who said its my first time". What a come back, :clap:  bravo sir

I love that line. Made me smile in the theater. So good.

Great to hear they have someone for the film. Never heard of him, will have to look up his work and put my faith in him.
RYM || Last.FM
"No Christ, God, nor religion gave me the answers I was looking for" - Timo Tolkki