General > General Music Discussion

Workout playlists (or music in general)

(1/5) > >>

Accelerando:
As someone who works out frequently, I increase my concentration and mental function through the music I listen to. It boosts my mood.  It also helps relief whatever stress I got going on, and also listening to music can help pump your immune system. In this forum, we can share out workout playlists or music we have playing when we workout.

I've recently been having this playlist on when I work on my chest, back, and arms (a workout that is pretty intense when I do it at least). I try to formulate it with my warm-up, lifitng, and then cool-down/stretch. 

1. P.O.D. - Southtown
2. Alter Bridge - Come To Life
3. NIN - 1,000,000
4. Brother Ali - Bitchslap!
4. Sevendust - Corrected
5. Disturbed - Gaurded
6. Dream Theater - Honor Thy Father
7. Atmosphere - Can't Break
8. Jay-Z - Dirt Off Your Shoulder
9. Korn - Freak On A Leash
10. Gorillaz - Double Bass
11. Chevelle - Send The Pain Below
12. Beastie Boys - Intergalatic
13. Mastodon - Blood and Thunder
14. Alter Bridge - The End Is Here

bout to crash:
I haven't been working out lately, but used to just listen to anything upbeat that would keep me moving. My Chemical Romance was always fun. And running on the boardwalk to Deadwing (minus the really mellow songs) is awesome.

nightmare_cinema:
I fail at working out without suitable music, it has to push me to keep going.. a few songs that are great for this are:

1) Tool - The Pot (the best.. makes me wanna beat the crap outta myself)
1.2) Metallica - Cyanide (the second best, every time I hear this song I wanna jump and start getting physical ;D)
2) Tool - Vicarious
2.2) Symphony X - Domination, Serpent's Kiss, Inferno (Unleash the Fire)
3) Prodigy - Smack my Bitch Up & You'll be Under My Wheels
4) Pendulum - Slam
5) Porcupine Tree - Fear of Blank Planet
5.2) Nine Inch Nails - The Hand that Feeds, Getting Smaller, Survivalism, and the BEST: March of the Pigs
6) SOAD - Kill Rock n Roll
7) SOAD - Highway Song
8) Actually, a lot of SOAD
9) Almost all of RATM's debut album, especially Know Your Enemy
10) Dream Theater - This Dying Soul :heart, As I Am, The Shattered Fortress create winningness on the cross-trainer
11) A few Justice tracks: Stress, Genesis, and Phantom Part 1 & 2 are perfect

*wants to work out now*

ReaperKK:
Actually yesterday when I hit the gym I listened to Elton John's greatest hits album, I don't really care for what genre I listen to, as long as I'm listening to something.

PlaysLikeMyung:
there is a sickening lack of Eye of the Tiger here

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version