Author Topic: Concert Dilemma v. I Just Don't Understand (my friend)  (Read 25065 times)

Offline Shadow2222

Re: Concert Dilemma v. I Just Don't Understand (my mom)
« Reply #140 on: June 10, 2010, 01:20:05 PM »
With our luck, Shadow will go, he will somehow end up dying, and then his mom will find this thread and sue DTF.  :P

Before or after the concert?
It changes my decision about how I feel about that  :lol
"A pitch black night unfolds with the morning star as its only light... and thus the saga... begins" - Shenhua (Shenmue series)

Offline Setlist Scotty

« Reply #141 on: June 10, 2010, 05:54:54 PM »
Shadow, do yourself a favor and watch Waterboy, cuz that's what it sounds like your life is like! When you see how preposterous the movie is, maybe you'll figure out how to get yourself to those concerts.

BTW, she's afraid of highways, planes and ships? Before you know it, she's gonna be afraid to step outside the house for fear of what could happen to her. Your mom needs to see a shrink and sort out her issues.
As a basic rule, if you hate it, you must solely blame Portnoy. If it's good, then you must downplay MP's contribution to the band as not being important anyway, or claim he's just lying. It's the DTF way.

Offline Shadow2222

« Reply #142 on: June 11, 2010, 01:31:54 PM »
Oh for god sake. My friend decided he is definitely not going, and he was a big factor in my parents even contemplating the idea of letting me go. They trust him with driving, and had no idea he was wavering about whether he would go or not.

I really hate to do this, but the tickets are available to inquire about (specific details are in the DT-Bay thread in the Concerts and Setlists subforum).

If I decide to sell them (but don't hesitate to contact me about them), they will start at the maximum price of 65 for both tickets or 35 a piece. The service fee's original cost is not included (so I will be losing money regardless)

What do I do, because I really want to go...
"A pitch black night unfolds with the morning star as its only light... and thus the saga... begins" - Shenhua (Shenmue series)

Offline Setlist Scotty

« Reply #143 on: June 11, 2010, 01:37:12 PM »
You can't get anyone else to go? You gotta have at least one friend who would be interested. If not, take your dad.
As a basic rule, if you hate it, you must solely blame Portnoy. If it's good, then you must downplay MP's contribution to the band as not being important anyway, or claim he's just lying. It's the DTF way.

Offline ZeppelinDT

• Resident Collectaholic
  • EZBoard Elder
  • Some days you just can't get rid of a bomb!
« Reply #144 on: June 11, 2010, 02:01:09 PM »
My mom said she doesn't want me to go because she loves me so much and doesn't want to see me get killed on the highway over a concert (her friends from back in high school recently died in a car accident on the highway, and so did an 18 year old going to my school).

Don't they say that most car accidents occur within a few miles from home.  So really, the further away you get, the safer your are!

With our luck, Shadow will go, he will somehow end up dying, and then his mom will find this thread and sue DTF.  :P

That's exactly why the mod team is staffed with lawyers =)

Offline ZBomber

• "The Analogy Guy"
  • A Farewell to Kings
« Reply #145 on: June 11, 2010, 02:31:19 PM »
If you have two tickets, just take a friend and cover their ticket. You'll lose money, but its worth going. Then maybe you can negotiate with them to drive if you pay for their ticket.

Offline Martinman300

« Reply #146 on: June 11, 2010, 02:45:10 PM »
Where's your dad?

Offline Shadow2222

« Reply #147 on: June 11, 2010, 02:58:12 PM »
My dad most likely would not go, because he is not a huge fan of their music (although he does like a lot of their songs) and he might not want to take a vacation day. Also he is turning 62 and has occasional back problems, and since the show is GA, well...

I've been trying to think of anyone else that would drive but I'm drawing a blank.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2010, 03:36:57 PM by Shadow2222 »

Offline Setlist Scotty

« Reply #148 on: June 11, 2010, 05:51:36 PM »
My dad most likely would not go, because he is not a huge fan of their music (although he does like a lot of their songs) and he might not want to take a vacation day. Also he is turning 62 and has occasional back problems, and since the show is GA, well...

I've been trying to think of anyone else that would drive but I'm drawing a blank.

How about an uncle or aunt that's local? A cousin? Friends at school? Friends at church? One of your neighbors? There's gotta be somebody.

Offline Martinman300

« Reply #149 on: June 12, 2010, 01:38:20 AM »
Still ask your dad though If he likes the songs.

Offline black_biff_stadler

• 6th place finalist at New Orleans Skullet Fest 2010
  • DT.net Member
  • blackwater_floyd, get it?
« Reply #150 on: June 12, 2010, 07:11:15 AM »
:lol

Brief interlude: this thread has helped to make black_floyd my new hero.

Now go on with the complaining, the advice and other nonsense. 

Thanks brah!  :lol
Users who've sigged me (Join today!): LCArenas, Jakartabassplayer, LeeHarveyKennedy, Global Laziness, Portrucci, obscure, FlyingBIZKIT, alirocker08, senecadawg2, DebraKadabra, JayOctavarium, Cedar redaC, (almost) bout to crash, ? (the forum member, not the fucking punctuation mark), Zeltar, lonestar, ASacrificedSon

Offline Mondriaan

« Reply #151 on: June 12, 2010, 03:21:12 PM »
Moms the Boss.

Offline Shadow2222

« Reply #152 on: June 28, 2010, 11:19:18 AM »
Well, I'm not going.

Offline Silver Tears

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #153 on: June 28, 2010, 12:38:20 PM »
That sucks  :-\

Offline Setlist Scotty

« Reply #154 on: June 28, 2010, 12:54:24 PM »
FAIL.   :tdwn

Offline black_biff_stadler

• 6th place finalist at New Orleans Skullet Fest 2010
  • DT.net Member
  • blackwater_floyd, get it?
« Reply #155 on: June 28, 2010, 01:12:21 PM »
I say we pull a Zack Morris-caliber caper to get DT to play for Shadow at his house.
Users who've sigged me (Join today!): LCArenas, Jakartabassplayer, LeeHarveyKennedy, Global Laziness, Portrucci, obscure, FlyingBIZKIT, alirocker08, senecadawg2, DebraKadabra, JayOctavarium, Cedar redaC, (almost) bout to crash, ? (the forum member, not the fucking punctuation mark), Zeltar, lonestar, ASacrificedSon

Offline Shadow2222

« Reply #156 on: June 29, 2010, 04:14:01 PM »
Haha I can't argue with that. It really is my friend's fault, because I finally got my parent's permission, but my friend said "There is no reason to go."

Good argument, right?

Oh well, I have a foolproof plan to embarrass the shit out of him. We (and one other friend) are going to the July 15 Iron Maiden show. Right before that, we are going to Mike's meet and greet. I'm taking these two tickets for this show I'm not going to, and having Mike sign them. I know I'll only have a few seconds, but while he is signing them, I'm gonna say, "Yeah, I wasn't able to go to this concert and I lost 90 bucks because this guy right here said there was no reason to go"

At the very least, I will have two cool signed items. I guess that sort of (not really) makes up for being unable to go to the concert...

Offline Nic35

• Which seat can I take =/ ?
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #157 on: June 29, 2010, 04:40:46 PM »
Haha I can't argue with that. It really is my friend's fault, because I finally got my parent's permission, but my friend said "There is no reason to go."

Good argument, right?

Oh well, I have a foolproof plan to embarrass the shit out of him. We (and one other friend) are going to the July 15 Iron Maiden show. Right before that, we are going to Mike's meet and greet. I'm taking these two tickets for this show I'm not going to, and having Mike sign them. I know I'll only have a few seconds, but while he is signing them, I'm gonna say, "Yeah, I wasn't able to go to this concert and I lost 90 bucks because this guy right here said there was no reason to go"

At the very least, I will have two cool signed items. I guess that sort of (not really) makes up for being unable to go to the concert...
:lol Oh my god that is brilliant.
Jesus Christ himself* comes down amidst a choir of 2 billion angels singing Handel's Hallelujah chorus. As KrotchRaut shred randomly on guitars made of dragon bones using picks made from God's kidney stones, Jesus heals a blind woman who promptly gives birth onstage to a creation of pure light.

*Yes, Jesus Christ himself. Nothing less will do.

Offline sneakyblueberry

• put me in coach
  • DTF.org Member
Re: Concert Dilemma v. I Just Don't Understand (my friend)
« Reply #158 on: June 29, 2010, 04:57:07 PM »

Good argument, right?

:lol Oh my god that is brilliant.

:lol YES!!

Offline Jamesman42

• There you'll find me
  • DT.net Member
  • Spiral OUT
« Reply #159 on: June 29, 2010, 05:10:54 PM »

Good argument, right?

Holy crap, do that and be ready to take crap. :lol :lol :lol

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #160 on: June 30, 2010, 05:00:31 AM »

Good argument, right?

Well, there you go.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline Shadow2222

Re: Concert Dilemma v. I Just Don't Understand (my friend)
« Reply #161 on: July 02, 2010, 09:34:24 PM »
This is a bitter afternoon  :tdwn