Poll

yep

Juggalos (Insane Clown Posse fans)
26 (31.7%)
Maggots (Slipknot fans)
18 (22%)
Republicans (Ted Nugent fans)
12 (14.6%)
Pseudo-intellectual Misanthropic Teenagers (Tool fans)
26 (31.7%)

Total Members Voted: 81

Author Topic: Which of the following music fans are most annoying?  (Read 17748 times)

Offline Zook

• Evil Incarnate
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take My Hand
Re: Which of the following music fans are most annoying?
« Reply #105 on: April 22, 2010, 04:16:23 PM »
These fans:

"If you don't like death growls you need to grow some balls."

Offline lateralus88

• The Official DTF Stanley Kubrick Fanboi
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • I stabbed Euronymous because he drank my PBR
« Reply #106 on: April 22, 2010, 04:17:23 PM »
These fans:

...but they do.
I felt its length in quite a few places.

Awesome Majesty Pendant Club: Member #3

Offline Zook

• Evil Incarnate
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take My Hand
« Reply #107 on: April 22, 2010, 04:18:36 PM »
These fans:

...but they do.

:facepalm:

Offline Darkes7

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #108 on: April 22, 2010, 04:28:18 PM »
There are worse:
- true metal must have NO INNOVATION. If it doesn't sound like the '80s metal, it's gay and commercial.
- true metal can't sound modern. If it sounds modern, it's gay and commercial.
- true metal can't have songs above 4 minutes. If it does, it's gay, commercial, or Opeth.
- true metal can't have concept albums. If it's a concept album, it's pretentious. Pretentious things are gay and commercial.
- true metal must never have emo lyrics - that is, not about death, Vikings, death, battles, death, Satan, or death. Emo lyrics are gay and commercial.
- true metal can't have musicians capable of playing in something else than 4/4 and of above-average technicality. If it does, it's wankery, which is, quite obviously, gay and commercial. If it's Meshuggah or Dream Theater, BUUUUURRRRRRRRRNNNNNNNN.
- true metal can NEVER SOUND ANYTHING CLOSE TO NU-METAL. If it's anything nu-metal, it's... yeah, you guessed it. (In case you don't know, according to one kvltist on Metal Archives, OSI "Blood" is nu-metal)
- true metal must be always metal from start to finish. If it has any calmer parts, it's... is it that predictable?
- true metal is only true if it doesn't progress. If a band's 20th album sounds just like the first one, they're really fvcking methul!!!!11

That'll do for starters. :D
« Last Edit: April 23, 2010, 04:20:48 PM by Darkes7 »

Offline lateralus88

• The Official DTF Stanley Kubrick Fanboi
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • I stabbed Euronymous because he drank my PBR
« Reply #109 on: April 22, 2010, 04:30:46 PM »
Ugh
I felt its length in quite a few places.

Awesome Majesty Pendant Club: Member #3

Offline Super Dude

• Hero of Prog
  • DTF.com Member
« Reply #110 on: April 23, 2010, 06:58:43 AM »
I think the worst one, the most indicative of our decaying social society, is our Ga Ga generation (for those who've seen We Will Rock You).
Quote from: bosk1
As frequently happens, Super Dude nailed it.
:superdude:

Offline Fluffy Lothario

« Reply #111 on: April 23, 2010, 07:34:03 AM »
These fans:

Yes, but even worse: "If you don't like death and black metal, you haven't 'matured' as a fan of metal".

All this comment shows is that the speaker is horrendously condescending, uptight and insecure about so greatly liking a genre that most people hate on, and which is, pretty much whatever way you look at it, wide open to ridicule.

But no, if you don't like death and black metal, you're an immature, inferior breed of metal fan.

- true metal can NEVER SOUND ANYTHING CLOSE TO NU-METAL. If it's anything nu-metal, it's... yeah, you guessed it. (In case you don't know, according to one kvltist on Metal Archives, OSI "Blood" is nu-metal)
I hate this as well. Not that I'm a big lover of nu-metal, but I think there are things the sub-genre did that metal overall could have benefited from, but since it's been put in a box and labelled shit by almost the entire metal fanbase, that's probably not gonna happen.

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #112 on: April 23, 2010, 08:03:14 AM »
These fans:

Most annoying,  Fans that force what they like on others who don't like it. :P
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline SPNKr

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #113 on: April 23, 2010, 08:29:49 AM »
The most annoying would be "singles" listeners.

Offline Super Dude

• Hero of Prog
  • DTF.com Member
« Reply #114 on: April 23, 2010, 11:05:50 AM »
Same here. That's what I meant when I mentioned the Ga Ga generation.
Quote from: bosk1
As frequently happens, Super Dude nailed it.
:superdude:

Offline petrucci07

« Reply #115 on: April 23, 2010, 12:21:17 PM »
I think the worst one, the most indicative of our decaying social society, is our Ga Ga generation (for those who've seen We Will Rock You).

My school did a production of that with a live band.
I played guitar.
It was awesome

Offline Zook

• Evil Incarnate
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take My Hand
« Reply #116 on: April 23, 2010, 01:50:54 PM »
"If you don't like Death, you don't like Metal"

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #117 on: April 23, 2010, 01:57:20 PM »
"If you don't like Death, you don't like Metal"

Sounds like Gene Simmons' old saying, "If it's too loud, your too old".
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline Darkes7

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #118 on: April 23, 2010, 04:23:13 PM »
I hate this as well. Not that I'm a big lover of nu-metal, but I think there are things the sub-genre did that metal overall could have benefited from, but since it's been put in a box and labelled shit by almost the entire metal fanbase, that's probably not gonna happen.

Yeah, this exactly. There are some things that are labeled as "nu-metal" (from what I've noticed, tuning is the most common reason for nu-metal accusations), which can sound really great if combined with the rest properly, but the retarded pseudo-purists can't understand it. There are plenty of bands who have a seriously non-traditional metal sound (like Katatonia, to which I've been addicted for over a month), and it sounds great if done right.

Offline LCArenas

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #119 on: April 23, 2010, 09:24:44 PM »
There are worse:
- true metal must have NO INNOVATION. If it doesn't sound like the '80s metal, it's gay and commercial.
- true metal can't have songs above 4 minutes. If it does, it's gay, commercial, or Opeth.
- true metal can't have concept albums. If it's a concept album, it's pretentious. Pretentious things are gay and commercial.
- true metal must never have emo lyrics - that is, not about death, Vikings, death, battles, death, Satan, or death. Emo lyrics are gay and commercial.
- true metal can't have musicians capable of playing in something else than 4/4 and of above-average technicality. If it does, it's wankery, which is, quite obviously, gay and commercial. If it's Meshuggah or Dream Theater, BUUUUURRRRRRRRRNNNNNNNN.
- true metal must be always metal from start to finish. If it has any calmer parts, it's... is it that predictable?
- true metal is only true if it doesn't progress. If a band's 20th album sounds just like the first one, they're really fvcking methul!!!!11

This. Here's more:
- If someone likes a nü-metal band or mainstream Hard Rock/Metal band you don't like, e.g. Avenged Sevenfold or Slipknot, you must not try to convince him politely that there are better bands and teach him what you know. Instead, you must be a dick with him and humiliate him, because your underground metal knowledge can't be shared with anyone. Why? Because if you share it, it becomes mainstream. And commercial. And gay.

- Prog sucks because it only consists of whiny gay men who sound like girls and songs that last forever and shred guitarists who only like to play musical wankery. That's sooo non-methul!

Offline Slain

« Reply #120 on: May 09, 2010, 08:46:08 AM »
Tie between Tool fans and ICP fans, but to be honest, at least the Tool fans like a good band.
Quote from: MarlaHooch
Just amazing.  DT should count their lucky stars that some of their fans are at this level of unconditional cult worship.

Online ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #121 on: May 09, 2010, 08:51:37 AM »
Tool, they are so damn annoying. They couldn't stop talking about how Maynard is the Jesus of music.

Also older DT fans (over 30) and younger fans (under 20). The older group is still stuck in the 80's and the younger group only listens to DT, thus DT being the best and only band in the world.

Online orcus116

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #122 on: May 09, 2010, 09:32:37 AM »
I've heard about the Maynard = Jesus thing but to be perfectly honest I have never met or heard anyone mention that before and I know quite a few Tool fans.

Offline Marvellous G

• I'm not sure on the avatar swearing policy...
« Reply #123 on: May 09, 2010, 09:53:50 AM »
Tool, they are so damn annoying. They couldn't stop talking about how Maynard is the Jesus of music.

Also older DT fans (over 30) and younger fans (under 20). The older group is still stuck in the 80's and the younger group only listens to DT, thus DT being the best and only band in the world.

Hey! I'm a 16 year old DT fan, and I think they're a good/great band but I've lost the spark for them now.

You're free to insult us Tool fanboys though, that is all true.

Offline MetalManiac666

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #124 on: May 09, 2010, 10:05:33 AM »
Nugent fans.

Offline Zook

• Evil Incarnate
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take My Hand
« Reply #125 on: May 09, 2010, 10:17:25 AM »
Any fans that dress up like clowns or exaggerated Goths or any other clones. My brothers are Tool fans, and my older one does think that nothing is better than them, but other than that, I've never come in contact with any annoying fans.

Although I do remember in high school there was a kid that was a huge ICP fan, and I think the only thing he didn't do was paint his face. I remember those Powerpuff girls socks though. I guess his appearance was pretty annoying.

Offline Ultimetalhead

• The Mighty Masturbator
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • .ay rof dab s'ti dna...
« Reply #126 on: May 09, 2010, 02:36:32 PM »
These fans:

...but they do.
Exactly.

I went with maggots. I'm embarrassed that I used to be one. But, I've been saved for about 5 years now, and I've been living a happier life ever since.  :)
Orion....that's the one with a bunch of power chords and boringly harsh vocals, isn't it?
LOOK AT THIS AWESOME SHIT AHHHHHH

Offline PuffyPat

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #127 on: May 09, 2010, 04:04:22 PM »
I voted for Juggalos, but the most annoying are people who think that their musical tastes are better than all others, and always explain why in great detail while also trashing the taste of whoever they are talking to.
prog sucks
Even if you're not serious, I'm going to pretend you are and use this as proof that not all heroes wear capes.

Offline Arcaeus

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #128 on: May 09, 2010, 04:14:41 PM »
I voted for Juggalos, but the most annoying are people who think that their musical tastes are better than all others, and always explain why in great detail while also trashing the taste of whoever they are talking to.

This, especially when the people are metal fans, because then they're not just elitists, they're idiots.

Offline PuffyPat

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #129 on: May 09, 2010, 04:40:22 PM »
And potheads who listen to nothing but Bob Marley.
prog sucks
Even if you're not serious, I'm going to pretend you are and use this as proof that not all heroes wear capes.

Offline TimmyHiggy

• Not the droid you are looking for
  • Maybe its just another drill?
« Reply #130 on: May 09, 2010, 06:57:23 PM »
People that call everything  "pointless technicality with no emotion or feeling" unless it has 3 chords, simple song structures, slightly shitty playing and a guy that cant sing very well
i heard if you put bread in the rooof of your mouth it means oyu don't cvry when you're shoocppig ononsosni.
<br />/I vea aben told buy   spletn spencer adn timhiggy and that zletar guy to potost gcase imm drunk for the fist imeiiiiiiiiiiiii eoand evryoen ois mkaking funof eme :O(<br />
<br />

Online ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #131 on: May 10, 2010, 06:24:12 AM »
I've heard about the Maynard = Jesus thing but to be perfectly honest I have never met or heard anyone mention that before and I know quite a few Tool fans.

I didn't believe it either but I went to my first Tool show a few years back and I was surrounded by idiots "OMG MAyNARD HAS NO SHIRT ONHE IS THE ULTIMATE MUSICIAN!!!!"

I just put it away, well the next show I catch the next day, same fucking thing with different people.

Offline skydivingninja

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #132 on: May 10, 2010, 06:30:25 AM »
There are worse:

Am I the only one who sees something wrong with this?  I just can't put my finger on it...

Ah.  Yes.  That.

Offline Darkes7

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #133 on: May 10, 2010, 07:28:11 AM »
There are worse:

This. Here's more:
- If someone likes a nü-metal band or mainstream Hard Rock/Metal band you don't like, e.g. Avenged Sevenfold or Slipknot, you must not try to convince him politely that there are better bands and teach him what you know. Instead, you must be a dick with him and humiliate him, because your underground metal knowledge can't be shared with anyone. Why? Because if you share it, it becomes mainstream. And commercial. And gay.

- Prog sucks because it only consists of whiny gay men who sound like girls and songs that last forever and shred guitarists who only like to play musical wankery. That's sooo non-methul!
Yes, this is a good extension. :lol

Not sure about the "older" part, I've indeed seen some who prove this, and some who don't. As for "younger" - no way. I've seen such a huge variety of different <20 DT fans that any kind of generalisation here is really pointless.

There are worse:

Am I the only one who sees something wrong with this?  I just can't put my finger on it...

[ \m/ pic]

Ah.  Yes.  That.
:rollin Ofc I meant the kvlt thrash and kvlt death.