Author Topic: 2010-06-21 - Portland, OR (DT headlining show)  (Read 11802 times)

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
Re: 2010-06-21 - Portland, OR (DT headlining show)
« Reply #35 on: June 21, 2010, 05:03:13 PM »
I can't wait to see this setlist. I wonder if it'll have any bearing on the other one off shows.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline Hoppipolla

• Rise up, Be counted
  • Trapped inside this....
« Reply #36 on: June 21, 2010, 07:27:25 PM »
I'll tweet the setlist. Twitter is jdimaggio ...

I'm the big guy in the pink Floyd shirt and blue flannel if ur here

Offline Hoppipolla

• Rise up, Be counted
« Reply #37 on: June 21, 2010, 09:49:11 PM »
Nightmare.
Constant motion
« Last Edit: June 21, 2010, 10:04:42 PM by Hoppipolla »

Offline Shadow2222

« Reply #38 on: June 21, 2010, 09:55:31 PM »
Expected, but still cool. I'm hoping (for my headlining show at least) for:

ANTR
AROP
Mirror
Lie
Wither
Prophets of War
Solitary Shell
In the Name of God
TCOT

Also, Hoppipolla accept my Twitter request
"A pitch black night unfolds with the morning star as its only light... and thus the saga... begins" - Shenhua (Shenmue series)

Offline Hoppipolla

• Rise up, Be counted
« Reply #39 on: June 21, 2010, 10:16:44 PM »
Hollow years

Offline Hoppipolla

• Rise up, Be counted
« Reply #40 on: June 21, 2010, 10:28:08 PM »
Mirror

Offline Hoppipolla

• Rise up, Be counted
« Reply #41 on: June 21, 2010, 10:31:58 PM »
Lie

Offline Shadow2222

« Reply #42 on: June 21, 2010, 10:33:38 PM »
Oh man, I hope that doesn't lower the chances of Mirror/Lie being played at Columbus
"A pitch black night unfolds with the morning star as its only light... and thus the saga... begins" - Shenhua (Shenmue series)

Offline Hoppipolla

• Rise up, Be counted
« Reply #43 on: June 21, 2010, 10:38:43 PM »
Rite of passage

Offline Hoppipolla

• Rise up, Be counted
« Reply #44 on: June 21, 2010, 10:47:41 PM »
Home

Offline Shadow2222

« Reply #45 on: June 21, 2010, 10:49:33 PM »
Ugh, so many IM show repeats. My friend is definitely not going to like that (check Concert Dilemma thread for update)

Offline Hoppipolla

• Rise up, Be counted
« Reply #46 on: June 21, 2010, 10:58:51 PM »
Panic attack

Offline Shadow2222

« Reply #47 on: June 21, 2010, 11:02:05 PM »
I'm going to at this point bet that As I Am and Pull Me Under will be played. Why did I have to buy IM tickets (that are paperless and basically unsellable)?

Offline Hoppipolla

• Rise up, Be counted
« Reply #48 on: June 21, 2010, 11:05:56 PM »
As I am

Offline Hoppipolla

• Rise up, Be counted
« Reply #49 on: June 21, 2010, 11:13:26 PM »
Pull me under

better be one hell of an encore...

Offline Hoppipolla

• Rise up, Be counted
« Reply #50 on: June 21, 2010, 11:22:31 PM »
Petrucci vs keytar rudess solo!!!!!

Offline Hoppipolla

• Rise up, Be counted
« Reply #51 on: June 21, 2010, 11:27:11 PM »
Pull me under into metropolis w/ tons of solos

Offline Hoppipolla

• Rise up, Be counted
« Reply #52 on: June 21, 2010, 11:31:35 PM »
Encore - count of Tuscany.

Wow... 1 curveball plz :(

Offline Shadow2222

« Reply #53 on: June 21, 2010, 11:37:09 PM »
Wow, just wow. I understand that these concerts as a rule had to be relatively far from any IM show, but to include the whole Iron Maiden tou setlist is just ridiculous. My excitement level has dropped from about 1,000,000,000,000% to about 20%

Offline The Letter M

« Reply #54 on: June 21, 2010, 11:38:31 PM »
A Nightmare To Remember
Constant Motion
Hollow Years
The Mirror
Lie
A Rite Of Passage
Home
Panic Attack
As I Am
Pull Me Under/Metropolis
The Count Of Tuscany

Seems pretty average to me from the pool of songs they've been doing over the last year. A shame they didn't throw in anything like "In The Name Of God", "Sacrificed Sons", "Erotomania/Voices", or "The Dance Of Eternity/One Last Time/The Spirit Carries On".

It's also a fairly heavy setlist, with the exceptions of HY and TCOT... it's like maybe they were anticipating some IM fans coming out to see more of DT, but if that were the case, they should have NOT played the entire IM-tour setlist within this set. It would've been nice to even see "War Inside My Head/The Test That Stumped Them All"... oh well. This seems like it was a nearly 2 hour show, so it's not terrible, but a bit more variation would've been nice (considering over a third of the show is normally being played at every show, but I guess that was expected considering the few headliners they have during this tour and the lack of preparation to pull out tunes).

-Marc.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2010, 01:04:42 AM by The Letter M »
ATTENTION - HAKEN FANS! The HAKEN SURVIVOR 2023 has begun! You can check it out in the Polls/Survivors Forum!!!

Offline glaurung

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #55 on: June 22, 2010, 01:00:16 AM »
 :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal
Cole: "Ow I just got hit in the balls"
Me: "How?"
Cole: "Well you know when you try to scratch your balls, and you scratch too hard?
I'll admit sometimes I want to listen to Dragonforce.

Offline glaurung

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #56 on: June 22, 2010, 01:06:13 AM »
Now that that's out of the way.

I had a really awesome time tonight. Was the setlist a shocker? Not at all. But it was still a damn good show.
Cole: "Well you know when you try to scratch your balls, and you scratch too hard?

Offline -Sharp-Shooter-

« Reply #57 on: June 22, 2010, 02:19:23 AM »
Can't believe people are upset about the set list. I had a blast. My friend caught a drum stick. The only 2 songs I wish they played were Presence of Enemies part 1 and Dark Eternal Night. Opening with A Nightmare to Remember was AWESOME.

Offline Hoppipolla

• Rise up, Be counted
« Reply #58 on: June 22, 2010, 04:07:14 AM »
So I met -Sharp-Shooter- while standing in line, that was pretty cool. Sorry if it was a little awkward. Sorry I didn't meet anyone else, I only remembered "fancy nike shoes" haha.

Being my first DT show, I was blown away by their performance. Their sound is top notch and their performance is unparalleled. They truly are masters of their craft. I don't think I could praise them enough. Nightmare was an awesome way to kick off the show, I agree 100% there. The intro to Hollow Years was absolutely mesmerizing and it was my favorite song of the show. HOME was fantastic, I love that song with all my heart. CoT was so much better live then I thought it would be. The crowd really came alive during the end which added so much more to the performance.

Going in, we all had a pretty good idea what the setlist would be, but I think we all hoped for them to throw in 1 or 2 songs to make it seem more special and intimate. That would have put the show over the top for me. When I say that, don't get me wrong. It was worth every penny and mile (425 miles roundtrip) to see the greatest band in the world. But I guess the best way I can explain it would be it felt like the A+ student only got an A on the test. The setlist left a little to be desired depending on your personal favorites from their catalog. I didn't expect Octavarium, Change of Seasons or Glass Prison or something ridiculously epic like that. I did however expect maybe one of Endless Sacrifice, Forsaken, Spirit Carries On,  or In The Name of God or something along that lineage. But I'm not at all disappointed, and I'm glad I go to see a headlining show as my first DT show rather then a festival show.

Offline Shadow2222

« Reply #59 on: June 22, 2010, 06:14:10 AM »
I'm glad you guys had fun!  :metal

I'm just disappointed because if I go to both the Columbus one-off and the Cleveland IM show, I will see AROP, Home, CM, PA, PMU, and As I Am twice. Assuming they pull out those 6 songs again for all the one-offs.

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #60 on: June 22, 2010, 10:06:18 AM »
I'm not sure why anyone would expect the IM setlist not to be part of the headlining shows as well.  They have no time to prepare a whole lot of extra stuff.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline glaurung

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #61 on: June 22, 2010, 11:01:38 AM »
That and MP even said they're not pulling out anything new for the shows.

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #62 on: June 22, 2010, 11:37:58 AM »
Ok, just woke up. Damn what an awesome show. Based on what I knew what songs could have been featured, I have no complaints. MP's mic seemed pretty low throughout the night, it worked well for parts in songs like 'The Mirror' but when he was backing James, you could barely hear him. Everyone seemed at the top of their game and James has never sounded better. I feel so lucky they made this detour, when they could have just enjoyed a day off. Reminded me why this is my favorite band.

A Nightmare To Remember
* I don't think this is as great of an opener as others, but it's a solid song, even if it does overstay its welcome a bit at the end.

Constant Motion
* Eh... the one song I really didn't care to see, but I will admit now it is pretty awesome live. James seemed to sing it a little more like normal James and less like the way he did on SC, which I think helped out a lot.

Hollow Years
* JR and JP's intro to this was so beautiful.

The Mirror
* I forgot how heavy this song was. Pure awesome.

Lie
* See above

A Rite Of Passage
* Nothing special, a good live song.

Home
* Great song to see live.

Panic Attack
* I've always wanted to see this song live and it didn't disappoint.

As I Am
* I love this song as an opener, it opens L@B so well, so a little weird to see it this far down the setlist, but it was a solid rocker.

Pull Me Under/Metropolis
* Wasn't sure how'd I feel about a split of these songs, but it worked really well. The intrumental jam was so awesome. I never felt like they were being "hey, let's show off how proficient we are at our instruments!!!"

The Count Of Tuscany
* Always wondered how this would play live but it was great.

A few random thoughts, I thought Presto Ballet were really good. Their singer was great, and even had a few of JLB's gesticulations, including the way he held the mic and how he raised his left hand during high notes. In between sets they had a few songs of some chick doing acoustic DT songs, I'm curious who it was.
"Nostalgia is just the ability to forget the things that sucked" - Nelson DeMille, 'Up Country'

Offline glaurung

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #63 on: June 22, 2010, 12:01:00 PM »
His solo on Hollow Years was so amazing!

Offline Shadow2222

« Reply #64 on: June 22, 2010, 12:05:32 PM »
That and MP even said they're not pulling out anything new for the shows.

2010-03-14 - Luna Park - Buenos Aires, ARG

1. A Nightmare to Remember
2. Beyond This Life
3. The Mirror
4. Lie
5. Wither
6. Solitary Shell (extended)
7. Sacrificed Sons
8. Pull Me Under/Metropolis
-------------------------
9. The Count of Tuscany

That was from only 3 months ago. I just wish the setlist was more like that (considering I am seeing both a DT one-off and a DT/IM show).

Offline glaurung

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #65 on: June 22, 2010, 12:14:25 PM »
So am I, and I still have no problems with the set. Would it have been nice to see some other songs? Yeah, but it's not ruining anything for me.

Offline cyberdrummer

• Setlist Guru and DT.net Veteran
« Reply #66 on: June 22, 2010, 12:33:48 PM »
In between sets they had a few songs of some chick doing acoustic DT songs, I'm curious who it was.

https://pipoelo.free.fr/welcome.php

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #67 on: June 22, 2010, 12:53:53 PM »
I feel so lucky they made this detour, when they could have just enjoyed a day off. Reminded me why this is my favorite band.

Well said.

The set is not unexpected. And the more I look at it , it looks like it was a rocking night.

2010-03-14 - Luna Park - Buenos Aires, ARG

1. A Nightmare to Remember
2. Beyond This Life
3. The Mirror
4. Lie
5. Wither
6. Solitary Shell (extended)
7. Sacrificed Sons
8. Pull Me Under/Metropolis
-------------------------
9. The Count of Tuscany

That was from only 3 months ago. I just wish the setlist was more like that (considering I am seeing both a DT one-off and a DT/IM show).

Shadow..cheer up man. Jeesh. Stop the boo hoo hooing! Lots of folks are gonna miss this tour altogether and you're going twice!
Not for nothing, but the Oregon setlist is at worst equal to than the one you listed. They actually look pretty similar.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #68 on: June 22, 2010, 01:03:04 PM »
Home/Panic Attack/As I Am >>>>>>>>>>>>>> Solitary Shell/Sacrificed Sons/Wither

I will admit I seeing DT open for Maiden tonight is a bit of an afterthought after last night's show. But to me, tonight is now all about Maiden. Seeing DT open with a couple songs is just icing on the cake.
"Nostalgia is just the ability to forget the things that sucked" - Nelson DeMille, 'Up Country'

Offline Shadow2222

« Reply #69 on: June 22, 2010, 01:14:40 PM »
I know there is no way of knowing, but do you guys think that maybe Mirror/Lie will be switched out for Erotomania/Voices or DoE/One Last Time, or do you think all of the one-off shows will have the same setlist?

Personally I love the Mirror and Lie, so I really hope that those get played at the July 2nd (Columbus) show

Also, I kind of am warming up to the idea of seeing the Iron Maiden setlist songs twice. Seeing a DT song twice is usually a rare thing due to the rotating sets, so instead of thinking of it as a bad thing, I'm thinking of it as a cool experience. But hey if they decide to play 6 different songs instead of those, I won't mind  ;)

BUT if they don't, I'll just enjoy what I get. I mean, its fucking Dream Theater  :metal :metal :metal
« Last Edit: June 22, 2010, 01:19:42 PM by Shadow2222 »