Author Topic: Ihsahn - Eremita  (Read 12546 times)

Offline ProfessorPeart

• MP.com Refugee
  • Lubed In The Face
Re: Ihsahn - Eremita
« Reply #70 on: July 19, 2020, 06:21:36 PM »
beul ni teh efac = Lube In The Face / That has to be wrong.  :lol / EDIT: Oh, it's Blue! I'm an idiot.
Pardon the interruption, but I just had to run in and celebrate the majesty of Lube in the Face as highest moment in roulette history

Online Buddyhunter1

• Professional Mellotron Spotter
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Observe The Train
« Reply #71 on: September 11, 2020, 09:23:33 AM »
The new EP is quite good, like with Telemark. I just wish both of them had more original songs and less covers. If you put these two EPs together and took out the covers it would definitely be up there with his best work, though it'd still be too short.
BUDDYHUNTER | Debut Demo Out Now! FREE DOWNLOAD: https://buddyhunter.bandcamp.com/
RYM: https://rateyourmusic.com/~buddyhunter1

Online twosuitsluke

• Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
« Reply #72 on: September 11, 2020, 12:25:48 PM »
That cover of Roads though  :heart  I just came here to post how much I love it. I kinda get your point but I'm happy to take them as they are, and as EPs I just think they're both great in their own right. I don't spend any time dwelling on what could've been. You can always make them into your own album and take out the covers.

Online Buddyhunter1

• Professional Mellotron Spotter
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Observe The Train
« Reply #73 on: September 11, 2020, 12:30:32 PM »
Oh, I know. I just really like the original material on these two releases so I wish we got more of it, especially since I found Amr to be a really underwhelming album.
BUDDYHUNTER | Debut Demo Out Now! FREE DOWNLOAD: https://buddyhunter.bandcamp.com/
RYM: https://rateyourmusic.com/~buddyhunter1

Offline ProfessorPeart

• MP.com Refugee
  • Lubed In The Face
« Reply #74 on: September 11, 2020, 12:50:57 PM »
My CD arrived today. Haven't had a chance to listen yet.
beul ni teh efac = Lube In The Face / That has to be wrong.  :lol / EDIT: Oh, it's Blue! I'm an idiot.
Pardon the interruption, but I just had to run in and celebrate the majesty of Lube in the Face as highest moment in roulette history

Online twosuitsluke

« Reply #75 on: September 11, 2020, 12:58:29 PM »
Oh, I know. I just really like the original material on these two releases so I wish we got more of it, especially since I found Amr to be a really underwhelming album.

Yea I agree about Amr being underwhelming. Maybe the covers  and the EPs are just a way to test the waters, see how they are received? Before a change in sound for the next album? I don't think that is the case, I'd like to think Ihsahn is one of those artists who will make the music they like  regardless of if it will appeal to his fanbase.

Offline DoctorAction

• Everyday Glory
« Reply #76 on: September 12, 2020, 01:10:32 AM »
I've not yet heard the originals but i listened to the cover of Manhattan Skyline. A-ha are one of my favourite bands ever and I love the Scoundrel Days album. Very solid cover. I was expecting an Ihsahn scream somewhere though and was slightly disappointed it never happened.  :lol

I have to just say how much I love Arktis and Celestial Violence particularly. I think it's an incredibly evocative picture of space, time and beauty. Ihsahn's lyrics are often extremely good. The tone of Disassembled as a picture of a man being hunted is just perfect to me, conjuring images of noir thrillers, etc. Very rare for me to find metal that hits the right lyrical and musical points these days but i listen to a handful of tracks off that album all the time still.

The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.

Offline MrBoom_shack-a-lack

• I hit things for a living!
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #77 on: March 03, 2023, 01:37:55 PM »
Ihsahn - Dom Andra Feat. Jonas Renkse (Official Video)

This hits kinda hard for me, it's a cover from a very important swedish band for me. Even though I prefer the original I enjoy hearing Renkse singing swedish and the cover pretty good.
"I said to Nigel Tufnel, 'The door is open if you want to do anything on this record,' but it turns out Nigel has a phobia about doors." /Derek Smalls

Online nick_z

« Reply #78 on: March 04, 2023, 03:13:04 PM »
Very cool cover! I had read in several occasions that the guys from Katatonia are Kent fans, so it's interesting to see Jonas sing in a cover of their song...

My favorite Kent album is Du & jag döden and I'd LOVE to hear a Katatonia cover of the opener, 400 slag.

Offline Lethean

« Reply #79 on: March 04, 2023, 06:54:50 PM »
I'm not familiar with the original.  That sounded ok on one listen - not all that sold at the beginning, but got more into it and Jonas' vocals as it went on. 

Offline MrBoom_shack-a-lack

• I hit things for a living!
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #80 on: March 05, 2023, 01:00:40 AM »
Very cool cover! I had read in several occasions that the guys from Katatonia are Kent fans, so it's interesting to see Jonas sing in a cover of their song...

My favorite Kent album is Du & jag döden and I'd LOVE to hear a Katatonia cover of the opener, 400 slag.
Yea you can definitely hear Kent in Katatonias music.

"I said to Nigel Tufnel, 'The door is open if you want to do anything on this record,' but it turns out Nigel has a phobia about doors." /Derek Smalls

Online twosuitsluke

« Reply #81 on: November 16, 2023, 02:27:38 PM »
Soundscape just posted this over in the Album Release Date thread, but holy shit, new Ihsahn single with album coming on 16th Feb.

https://open.spotify.com/album/7zfTJVYMmEM5CotxG7SPuf?si=RaaFv5N9QNK90OshBvljCw&context=spotify%3Aalbum%3A7zfTJVYMmEM5CotxG7SPuf

The new single has a fully orchestral version as well. I really, really hope this is the vibe he has for the whole album as this is epic as fuck! Count me as excited!

Offline ProfessorPeart

• MP.com Refugee
  • Lubed In The Face
« Reply #82 on: November 16, 2023, 08:36:38 PM »
Concept album. One version in the Prog Metal vein, the other full orchestral.

https://www.loudersound.com/news/ihsahn-to-release-self-titled-concept-album-presented-in-two-versions

Online twosuitsluke

« Reply #83 on: November 17, 2023, 12:57:25 AM »
Concept album. One version in the Prog Metal vein, the other full orchestral.

https://www.loudersound.com/news/ihsahn-to-release-self-titled-concept-album-presented-in-two-versions

This excites me greatly. To be honest, after listening to the two versions of the new single, I thought he might try this.