Author Topic: Slipknot thread?  (Read 17110 times)

Offline MirrorMask

Re: Slipknot thread?
« Reply #245 on: November 12, 2023, 06:58:20 AM »
And he even subbed for his father once or twice (with Bruce Springsteen of course), I believe it was 2009!
I use my sig to pimp some bands from Italy! Check out Elvenking (Power / Folk metal), Folkstone (Rock / Medieval metal), Arcana Opera (Gothic/Noir/Heavy metal) and the beautiful voice of Elisa!

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #246 on: November 12, 2023, 07:08:15 AM »
And he even subbed for his father once or twice (with Bruce Springsteen of course), I believe it was 2009!

I saw that on a youtube recap of the Slipknot situation. That's cool!
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline kaos2900

« Reply #247 on: November 12, 2023, 07:21:14 AM »
Another example of Jay being a class act. This move makes no sense for the band unless the rumors of Clown wanting his son to join the band are true.

Offline chknptpie

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #248 on: November 12, 2023, 08:41:39 AM »
Im really surprised by most things I've read in here. I've only ever heard of Jay as an asshole and what he did to Against Me! was pretty fucked up.

Offline ProfessorPeart

• MP.com Refugee
  • Lubed In The Face
« Reply #249 on: November 12, 2023, 09:50:25 AM »
Jay finally broke his silence on this. Said he is heartbroken and was blindsided. They were classy enough to do it over the phone, apparently. I also read that Slipknot have since deleted the posts announcing his firing. Nice.
So he did or did not understand Slipknot's decision to move forward without him?
Maybe Slipknot can't decide to move forward with or without him.  ::)

Even if that was made in "error" if I was Jay, I'd begin to have a backup plan in place.   :omg:

No, he's gone. I believe their posts were getting hammered with negative responses. At one point they disabled comments and then they just decided to remove them entirely. They suck at handling press.
beul ni teh efac = Lube In The Face / That has to be wrong.  :lol / EDIT: Oh, it's Blue! I'm an idiot.
Pardon the interruption, but I just had to run in and celebrate the majesty of Lube in the Face as highest moment in roulette history

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #250 on: November 12, 2023, 09:58:33 AM »
I don't understand. Why not just make the statement and be done with it?
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline Zydar

• Creep With Tonality
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #251 on: November 12, 2023, 10:15:18 AM »
I never knew that Jay Weinberg was Max Weinberg's son. That's cool.

He filled in on drums when I saw Bruce Springsteen in 2009, Max was busy with something else (I think it was Conan O'Brien's show).

Edit: I saw that it was already mentioned.
Zydar is my new hero.  I just laughed so hard I nearly shat.

Offline ZKX-2099

• The Drifting Drifter
« Reply #252 on: November 12, 2023, 11:05:47 AM »
Definitely explains how some kid in his early 20s got a job in one of the biggest bands around.

Offline porcacultor

« Reply #253 on: November 12, 2023, 01:11:49 PM »

They did -- it's on their official website. Both on Jay's and Craig's dismissal they made instagram posts and then took them off (likely because the comments are overwhemingly negative, but I can't say for sure).

I've been wondering. When Jay and Alex got in the band, for the first few months the band wanted them to remain anonymous. Same goes for Michael Pfaff (the infamous Tortilla Man, who replaced Chris) and their new keyboard player, who I believe is Zac Baird (who replaced Craig). The latter hasn't even been fully confirmed as being the member seen onstage and in pictures.

Maybe (and this doesn't look good on the band, but whatever) (and its not an original idea either, I've seen someone either here or on Reddit suggesting this) they're angling for a more Ghost-like approach in that the members remain anonymous/exchangable. By that I mean even Corey and Clown might eventually bow out and be replaced by individuals playing their roles. Corey for one seems much more pleased with his solo career than with Slipknot (which is understandable -- he's the captain of that ship) and Clown, for as much as I appreciate his role and dig both his performance and musical decisions, might be seeing a way out of this. Jim, Mick and Sid (the other remaining semi-OGs) definitely have other things to do.

It'd be the ultimate cash-grab. Their setlists have been pretty static for a while now. Maybe after the Roadrunner contract elapsing, instead of looking forward to more albums as an independent act, they just want to spin their wheels as a legacy act (which time-wise is ridiculous, I figured the expression "legacy act" applies to bands that have been active for 40+ years, not 25).

As I say all of this, I must mention that this might not necessarily be Clown or Corey's idea. I think they have a big, big backstage operation (as any major band does) and while they might go along with an idea like this, it doesn't mean they're necessarily the people having the ideas. Not anymore, I think.

Offline Mladen

« Reply #254 on: November 13, 2023, 01:33:53 AM »
I'd be surprised if Corey and Shawn weren't in control of their own band. Just shut it down already if you've unhappy with it. They had a good run.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #255 on: November 13, 2023, 08:11:35 AM »

Well they did, but I think this is Slipknot's way of doing things and it also adds to the reason people think they may be dicks.  They deleted the posts of previous members exit from the band as well.  Likely they make their statement and then move on, fairly quickly and don't want the negativity to remain on their timeline. In some ways I get it, but also, it feels a bit disrespectful to the former band member.

Another example of Jay being a class act. This move makes no sense for the band unless the rumors of Clown wanting his son to join the band are true.

I reallly hope this is not the case.  Nothing against Clown's son, I don't know much about him, but the idea of kicking out a member to make room for a family member would piss a lot of people off.

Im really surprised by most things I've read in here. I've only ever heard of Jay as an asshole and what he did to Against Me! was pretty fucked up.

I don't follow Jay closely to know much about him, but it seems people are mostly positive about him.  I've never heard this story, could you share more?

Offline chknptpie

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #256 on: November 13, 2023, 08:40:39 AM »
Jay announced he was leaving Against Me! on social media, never telling anyone in the band or management before he announced it. They were just finishing an album and had a bunch of tour dates already lined up.

Offline Lax

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #257 on: November 14, 2023, 12:17:32 AM »
There are rumours the band complained jay was playing faster than attended live
EBMM JP12 Cherry Sugar + JP7 Pearl Redburst
Axe FX 2 XL+ & MFC101 MK3 & Roland EV5
Boss WL-50, Morpheus droptune, G-Lab Wowee Wah, 2x Yamaha HS7, Sennheiser HD25 SP2 & Jamhub Bedroom
https://www.facebook.com/Laxthestampede/

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #258 on: November 14, 2023, 08:24:48 AM »
Jay announced he was leaving Against Me! on social media, never telling anyone in the band or management before he announced it. They were just finishing an album and had a bunch of tour dates already lined up.

Not the best way to end things, was this to join Slipknot then?  Maybe what comes around goes around then.

There are rumours the band complained jay was playing faster than attended live

I haven't seen that, but I've seen rumors that the guys just didn't like him.  I feel like a professional drummer could slow down if that was an issue, so it's got to be more than that.  Maybe a culmination of many things.

Offline Lax

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #259 on: November 14, 2023, 09:21:26 AM »
EBMM JP12 Cherry Sugar + JP7 Pearl Redburst
Axe FX 2 XL+ & MFC101 MK3 & Roland EV5
Boss WL-50, Morpheus droptune, G-Lab Wowee Wah, 2x Yamaha HS7, Sennheiser HD25 SP2 & Jamhub Bedroom
https://www.facebook.com/Laxthestampede/

Offline Setlist Scotty

« Reply #260 on: November 14, 2023, 09:34:08 AM »
Interesting Tank the Tech video about who might be the new Slipknot drummer...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kd3BYmhbx_s
As a basic rule, if you hate it, you must solely blame Portnoy. If it's good, then you must downplay MP's contribution to the band as not being important anyway, or claim he's just lying. It's the DTF way.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #261 on: November 14, 2023, 09:35:23 AM »
Interesting Tank the Tech video about who might be the new Slipknot drummer...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kd3BYmhbx_s

Watched this yesterday, my thought was "he could be the next drummer, but he also could be the next drum tech"  :lol