Author Topic: Ongoing and Upcoming Survivors *PLEASE READ*  (Read 227409 times)

Offline setrataeso

• Setlist Archivist
  • DTF.org Member
  • I probably don't like you
Re: Ongoing and Upcoming Survivors *PLEASE READ*
« Reply #175 on: November 21, 2010, 06:34:30 PM »
Since my Office survivor has been buried but the member tournament and other survivors, can I sign up to start it again whenever this section won't be so clustered. After Christmas sometime maybe?

Yeah, you bet. I'll slate you for January.
NEW REVIEW: Lady Gaga - Born This Way
https://www.dreamtheaterforums.org/boards/index.php?topic=25343.0

Setra, I think that is the best statement I have read on this forum.  Very well said.

Offline Jarlaxle

« Reply #176 on: November 22, 2010, 09:32:51 AM »
Ok thanks!  :tup

Offline Ultimetalhead

• The Mighty Masturbator
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • .ay rof dab s'ti dna...
« Reply #177 on: January 04, 2011, 03:46:38 PM »
Pink Floyd survivor will be starting in mid-February.
Orion....that's the one with a bunch of power chords and boringly harsh vocals, isn't it?
LOOK AT THIS AWESOME SHIT AHHHHHH

Offline setrataeso

• Setlist Archivist
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #178 on: January 04, 2011, 07:41:38 PM »
Pink Floyd survivor will be starting in mid-February.

Awesome. Noted.

Setra, I think that is the best statement I have read on this forum.  Very well said.

Offline RoeDent

• 2006 Time Magazine Person of the Year
« Reply #179 on: January 05, 2011, 05:07:23 AM »
Fantastic. I've got more Pink Floyd albums than any other band (although DT is catching up), so I'm looking forward to this survivor.  :tup

Offline The Letter M

« Reply #180 on: January 05, 2011, 08:08:23 AM »
Pink Floyd Survivor? Sweet! I'll have to start listening soon... I'm not much into Syd-Era Floyd, but I'll spin it often just for the sake of voting because Pink Floyd is definitely a Top 10 band, and while I own all their albums, I can honestly say I've not spun anything before Meddle more than a few times.

-Marc.
ATTENTION - HAKEN FANS! The HAKEN SURVIVOR 2023 has begun! You can check it out in the Polls/Survivors Forum!!!

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #181 on: January 05, 2011, 08:22:17 AM »
Pink Floyd Survivor? Sweet! I'll have to start listening soon... I'm not much into Syd-Era Floyd, but I'll spin it often just for the sake of voting because Pink Floyd is definitely a Top 10 band, and while I own all their albums, I can honestly say I've not spun anything before Meddle more than a few times.

-Marc.

I only own from Meddle.  I'll jump in durring that album.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline RoeDent

« Reply #182 on: January 05, 2011, 08:54:31 AM »
My earliest Floyd album is Atom Heart Mother, so I'll probably come in from there. Not really into Syd-era Floyd.

After having been posting regularly and voting in survivors for 6 months or so, I'm looking forward to what the first half of the year brings in terms of survivors. I've not yet seen proper survivors for Transatlantic or Porcupine Tree (among my favourite bands right now), so I await those with eager anticipation.

Offline The Letter M

« Reply #183 on: January 05, 2011, 10:12:15 AM »
My earliest Floyd album is Atom Heart Mother, so I'll probably come in from there. Not really into Syd-era Floyd.

After having been posting regularly and voting in survivors for 6 months or so, I'm looking forward to what the first half of the year brings in terms of survivors. I've not yet seen proper survivors for Transatlantic or Porcupine Tree (among my favourite bands right now), so I await those with eager anticipation.

IIRC, I think Quadrochosis did the 2010 Transatlantic Survivor back in February-April, so I'm hoping he does it again. Also, I'll probably start my Spock's Beard Survivor up once again sometime in March or April after the Neal Morse Survivor is over... and this time, I'll stick to album order (I had jumped around originally). I'd love to run the SB Survivor again, and hoping get more voters this year (on average, in the Neal-Era it was about 6 voters/round, in the Nick-Era, it was about 4 voters/round. I *know* we have more SB fans here than that!).

Pyroph did the 2009 PT Survivor, which ended sometime in February 2010 (around when I was getting into this subforum), so I missed it last go around! I hope he starts it up again! I've slowly been putting PT back into my listening queue!

Also, if anyone's interested, I could do my various DT Survivor's again:
The Twelve Step Suite Movements
The Twelve Step Suite Songs
DT Shortest Songs
DT Longest Songs

-Marc.
ATTENTION - HAKEN FANS! The HAKEN SURVIVOR 2023 has begun! You can check it out in the Polls/Survivors Forum!!!

Offline setrataeso

• Setlist Archivist
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #184 on: January 05, 2011, 01:44:11 PM »

IIRC, I think Quadrochosis did the 2010 Transatlantic Survivor back in February-April, so I'm hoping he does it again. Also, I'll probably start my Spock's Beard Survivor up once again sometime in March or April after the Neal Morse Survivor is over... and this time, I'll stick to album order (I had jumped around originally). I'd love to run the SB Survivor again, and hoping get more voters this year (on average, in the Neal-Era it was about 6 voters/round, in the Nick-Era, it was about 4 voters/round. I *know* we have more SB fans here than that!).

Pyroph did the 2009 PT Survivor, which ended sometime in February 2010 (around when I was getting into this subforum), so I missed it last go around! I hope he starts it up again! I've slowly been putting PT back into my listening queue!

Also, if anyone's interested, I could do my various DT Survivor's again:
The Twelve Step Suite Movements
The Twelve Step Suite Songs
DT Shortest Songs
DT Longest Songs

-Marc.

I expect we'll wait a little while to bring back those. They were on not too long ago.

Offline RoeDent

« Reply #185 on: January 05, 2011, 02:57:04 PM »
Also, I'll probably start my Spock's Beard Survivor up once again sometime in March or April after the Neal Morse Survivor is over... and this time, I'll stick to album order (I had jumped around originally). I'd love to run the SB Survivor again, and hoping get more voters this year (on average, in the Neal-Era it was about 6 voters/round, in the Nick-Era, it was about 4 voters/round. I *know* we have more SB fans here than that!).

I think I'll be in a better position to vote next time this comes around. I've really got into the Beard in the last few weeks or so, particulary the Nick era. I'm also growing to like a few songs from the Neal era.

Offline skydivingninja

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #186 on: January 05, 2011, 03:03:15 PM »
Hey Setra, I thought I had dibs on the Muse survivor?

Offline setrataeso

• Setlist Archivist
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #187 on: January 05, 2011, 10:33:45 PM »
Hey Setra, I thought I had dibs on the Muse survivor?

I was not aware.
Icy informed me that he was backing out and that someone may or may not be picking it up. And he couldn't remember who...
But, thats good that I know now. I put you down for that now.

Offline tjanuranus

« Reply #188 on: January 08, 2011, 03:54:52 PM »
i would like to start a Smashing Pumpkins survivor based on my other thread in GM discussion. Could be fun.

Offline zxlkho

• Official Dream Theater Hater.
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #189 on: January 08, 2011, 04:11:26 PM »
I'll participate for the albums I have.
I AM A GUY
You're a fucking stupid bitch.
Orion....that's the one with a bunch of power chords and boringly harsh vocals, isn't it?

Offline Dittomist

« Reply #190 on: January 08, 2011, 04:16:16 PM »
Have there been survivors for Queensryche and Marillion before?

Offline jsem

« Reply #191 on: January 08, 2011, 04:37:11 PM »
Has there been BTBAM survivors?

Offline The Letter M

« Reply #192 on: January 08, 2011, 04:51:52 PM »

I thought about doing a Marillion Survivor this year, but if there's more interest in me doing the Spock's Beard Survivor again, I'll have my plate full with that one...unless it's cool for me to do both, I won't mind. I've grown to LOVE Marillion over the last year or two - I'm just worried that a Marillion Survivor will only garner 4-6 voters per round, and that's on a GOOD day.

If no one claims a Marillion Survivor, I could start one up sometime in February or March after my Rush Multi-Movement Song and Neal Morse Survivors are done.

-Marc.

Offline setrataeso

• Setlist Archivist
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #193 on: January 09, 2011, 07:47:11 AM »
i would like to start a Smashing Pumpkins survivor based on my other thread in GM discussion. Could be fun.

That sounds fine. I don't know what kind of participation you'd have, plus you're a new P/S member, so I would need to be assured that the survivor would be legit.

It's been a while for both of them, I do believe.

Has there been BTBAM survivors?

Gwii ran one last year, not too long ago. He's not around much any more, so it'd be cool to get another one started at some point. If you want to run one in a few months, I think that would work.

Offline tri.ad

• The Invisible Man
  • DT.net Member
« Reply #194 on: January 09, 2011, 09:15:06 AM »
There has never been a Marillion survivor that covered all their albums as far as I know.
... And you ask me: "Where's my hairspray?"

Mentlegen.

Offline setrataeso

• Setlist Archivist
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #195 on: January 10, 2011, 01:30:25 PM »
Well if anyone is serious about running a survivor anytime soon, just give me the band and the date that you wish to start.

Offline The Letter M

« Reply #196 on: January 10, 2011, 02:58:36 PM »
Well if anyone is serious about running a survivor anytime soon, just give me the band and the date that you wish to start.

I would love to do a Marillion Survivor, but I wouldn't be able to start til sometime in March. And if it's cool, I'd also like to start my Spock's Beard Survivor again in March.

-Marc.

Offline setrataeso

• Setlist Archivist
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #197 on: January 10, 2011, 04:09:02 PM »

I would love to do a Marillion Survivor, but I wouldn't be able to start til sometime in March. And if it's cool, I'd also like to start my Spock's Beard Survivor again in March.

-Marc.

Because it's been longer for the Marillion survivor, I would suggest putting that as the higher priority. Spock's Beard  finished not too long ago, so maybe wait a little while before putting that one back up.
Otherwise, I'll put you down for Marillion starting in March. Is that cool?

Offline The Letter M

« Reply #198 on: January 10, 2011, 04:35:37 PM »

-Marc.

Sounds good. I don't mind putting SB on hold, probably til Summer or even Fall this year. In the mean time, if Quadrochosis isn't going to do it, I'd like to run the Transatlantic Survivor since many TA fans have only discovered the joy and wonder of The Whirlwind in the last 10 months and they may have missed out on the survivor from early last year.

I'm also just looking for a reason to run two survivors at once because I love doing them!

-Marc.
Because it's been longer for the Marillion survivor, I would suggest putting that as the higher priority. Spock's Beard  finished not too long ago, so maybe wait a little while before putting that one back up.
Otherwise, I'll put you down for Marillion starting in March. Is that cool?

Offline setrataeso

• Setlist Archivist
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #199 on: January 10, 2011, 07:47:05 PM »
That sounds fine. I've said it before, but you are one of the best survivor runners here, just based on your enthusiasm and dedication.
However, I still try to enforce my feeble rule of "no running multiple survivors at once". I'm bending on this to allow an extended survivor and a shorter survivor to be run at the same time by the same person, which you are doing now with Neal Morse and Rush Multi-Movements.
I think it helps to balance out the P/S side if we don't get overwhelmed by 10-month survivors and such.

Offline The Letter M

« Reply #200 on: January 10, 2011, 08:03:33 PM »
That sounds fine. I've said it before, but you are one of the best survivor runners here, just based on your enthusiasm and dedication.
However, I still try to enforce my feeble rule of "no running multiple survivors at once". I'm bending on this to allow an extended survivor and a shorter survivor to be run at the same time by the same person, which you are doing now with Neal Morse and Rush Multi-Movements.
I think it helps to balance out the P/S side if we don't get overwhelmed by 10-month survivors and such.

Thanks setra! I appreciate that!  :tup

And I understand the multiple-survivors rule, it can get the place a bit cluttered at times! Thanks for allowing me to run two at once, for the most part, the majority of the last year or so! I look forward to doing the Marillion Survivor! I hope participation is high...gotta rally interest soon...

-Marc.

Offline Dittomist

« Reply #201 on: January 11, 2011, 07:33:12 PM »
Marc, thanks very much in advance for the Marillion survivor. That will be a fun one!

Offline The Letter M

« Reply #202 on: January 11, 2011, 08:37:59 PM »
Marc, thanks very much in advance for the Marillion survivor. That will be a fun one!

No problem! As soon as my two current survivors reach the middle-to-end of their respective Finals, I will post a Marillion Survivor Discussion thread here, posting what I plan to be the mapping-out of this survivor. I've already kind of figured it out, and it will be a bit different than survivors I've run in the past, so look for that informative thread sometime in mid-February.

-Marc.

Offline Jirpo

• DTF.org Member
  • :)
« Reply #203 on: January 19, 2011, 05:24:17 AM »
Would it be possible to run a Maiden survivor? Seems like one a lot of people could participate in.

Online Zydar

• Creep With Tonality
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #204 on: January 19, 2011, 05:43:57 AM »
Would it be possible to run a Maiden survivor? Seems like one a lot of people could participate in.

I think Zeltar is running one every year. I guess he's doing it after his Metallica survivor is done. Not sure though.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2011, 03:34:13 AM by Zydar »
Zydar is my new hero.  I just laughed so hard I nearly shat.

Offline Jirpo

• DTF.org Member
  • :)
« Reply #205 on: January 20, 2011, 12:39:06 AM »

I think Zeltar is running one every year. I guess he's doing it after his Metallica survivor is done. Not sure though.

Ok, thanks.

Offline Gadough

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #206 on: January 25, 2011, 06:06:14 PM »
Yo Set, what are the chances I can get an IT Crowd survivor going? Got some people on board, and since there are only 24 episodes total it wouldn't take too long to run.
Gadough isn't Hitler. He's much, much worse.

Offline setrataeso

• Setlist Archivist
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #207 on: January 25, 2011, 10:23:13 PM »
Yo Set, what are the chances I can get an IT Crowd survivor going? Got some people on board, and since there are only 24 episodes total it wouldn't take too long to run.

If you got some people on board, then you can start next week.

Offline Gadough

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #208 on: January 26, 2011, 06:54:16 AM »
Kewwwwwl.
Gadough isn't Hitler. He's much, much worse.

Online Zydar

• Creep With Tonality
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #209 on: March 04, 2011, 03:34:27 AM »

I'm still waiting for the Maiden survivor. Any sign of this happening?  :-[
Zydar is my new hero.  I just laughed so hard I nearly shat.